Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MOUNT SHOP MAIDEN 2100Time: 11:55 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Savezar F: 4357B(6) W(56)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.30Unlucky last time at Te Aroha when travelling well. Made nice ground over 1600m prior to that. Luck today and looks hard to beatMain Danger9 O'Susana F: 00X73B(1) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.30Third up after a good third last time. Will be fitter and extra distance suits.Next Best8 Annalone F: 8X742B(9) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Held up late two back for fourth. Good last start for second and will run well here.Include in Multis6 Winston Salem F: 87B(3) W(58)Made nice ground late over 1600. Extra distance suits hereLonger Odds2 Master Oakleigh F: 98596B(5) W(58.5)( T- Iain Kennedy )Drops back in grade after 2 ok runs. Made good ground three back in maiden grade and can surprise at odds.
RemarksTidy maiden staying field to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 5.60Place1 11 $ 1.90Place2 12 $ 1.30Place3 9 $ 2.30Quinella 11:12 $ 10.50Trifecta 11:12:9 $ 126.60First4 11:12:9:10 $ 383.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 8, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE 2100Time: 12:27 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Dam Reliable F: 74432B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $2.70 $1.70Relegated winner at Gisborne. Good placings prior and looks hard to beat here.Main Danger2 Desert Mirage F: 0X176B(1) W(58.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Nice when winning. Didn’t get all favours two back and was a good effort beaten a small margin in Oaks prelude.Next Best1 Shanqueen F: 21945B(2) W(59)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )Unlucky two starts back. Wasn’t far away last time and the rise in distance may help.Longer Odds5 Avoca Willow F: 78228B(4) W(58)( T- Mark Brosnan )Put two good seconds in a row well. Forward runner on the quick backup.
RemarksOnly six contest race 2
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.70Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 4 $ 3.10Quinella 3:4 $ 9.70Trifecta 3:4:2 $ 38.90First4 3:4:2:1 $ 70.90Double 11/3+ $ 13.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TUAKAU COSSIE RACING SECTION MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:02 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Tivaan Warrior F: 5430B(8) W(55.5)( T- Dean Wiles )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Third in Group 2 Eclipse two back. Disappointing in Karaka Million but this is easier.Main Danger8 Telekinetic F: 2B(7) W(55.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )Game effort for second on debut. Chance here.Next Best10 Well I Never F:B(5) W(55.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Won her most recent trial well and a good debut is expected.Include in Multis1 Brazier F: 75B(10) W(57.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Been ok in both runs to date. Gear change with Visor Blinkers on may help chancesLonger Odds2 Sacred Command F:B(6) W(57.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )PlacedDividend : $3.40Had three trials and was a game winner at the recent trials.
RemarksOne of the hardest races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.00Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 3.40Place3 6 $ 3.80Quinella 2:5 $ 17.40Trifecta 5:2:6 $ 251.00First4 5:2:6:4 $ 2754.60Treble 11/3+/5+ $ 110.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - COUNTIES HOME LOANS AND INSURANCE MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:37 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Empire Of Patch F: 575X2B(4) W(58.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Excellent on NZ debut when looking the winner but seems to get lost. Side winkers on today makes him hard to beat.Main Danger8 Finn McCool F:B(6) W(58)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good winning his latest trial off a wide run. Can win on debut.Next Best6 Dragon Run F: 34B(10) W(58)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $1.40Has been in both runs in career. Seems to get lost around bends last time. Masa takes weight off today.Include in Multis4 Superiority F:B(13) W(58.5)( T- Trevor Da Cruz )WonDividends : $8.90 $3.00Interesting runner. 6 year old making debut and hasn’t been seen since 16th July 2018 winning open trial impressively.Longer Odds15 Irish Girl F:B(3) W(56)Ran ok in a tough trial. Chance on debut.
RemarksOur top pick looks hard to beat
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.90Place1 4 $ 3.00Place2 6 $ 1.40Place3 8 $ 2.00Quinella 4:6 $ 19.30Trifecta 4:6:8 $ 210.00First4 4:6:8:1 $ 682.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 8, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:12 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Starring Role F: 24276B(6) W(56.5)( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $1.70Huge run three starts back for second. Good effort without luck in Group 3 Desert Gold. Was fair at Te Rapa last time. Drops back in grade and can win.Main Danger3 Perennial F: 324B(10) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )PlacedDividend : $2.30Two good efforts when second and third. Nice enough when fourth last time and the Blinkers will help her chancesNext Best1 Origineel F: 35243B(9) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Lance Noble )Honest filly who has never run a bad race. Decent effort last time and her form prior was goodInclude in Multis4 Pepperello F: 6X236B(2) W(56.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $19.10 $4.10Disappointing last start even after being help up at the top of the straight after a couple of good placings prior.Longer Odds8 Shibuya Kosaten F: 6X954B(3) W(56.5)Improving every run this prep. Nice fourth last time. Got a nice draw and Blinkers on.
RemarksCompetitive pearl bonus race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 19.10Place1 4 $ 4.10Place2 3 $ 2.30Place3 2 $ 1.70Quinella 3:4 $ 34.30Trifecta 4:3:2 $ 418.90First4 4:3:2:10 $ 3797.40Quaddie 3+/5+/4/4 $ 3548.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HAUNUI FARM 1400Time: 2:47 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Royal Charm F: 781B(1) W(59)( T- Mark Brooks )I was quite impressed with his last start win. Chance at odds to go back to back.Main Danger4 Cologne F: 6X229B(5) W(57.5)Disappointing last time to the races after putting in two good seconds.Next Best2 Fratello F: 1X0B(4) W(59)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Lance Noble )Won too well on debut to forget after a poor fresh up run. Scratchings help his chancesInclude in Multis9 Love Struck F: 67X17B(2) W(56.5)( T- James/Wellwood )WonDividends : $3.70 $2.20Poor after winning fresh up. Small field help chancesLonger Odds11 Speechmaker F: 8899XB(6) W(55.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Antony Fuller )PlacedDividend : $3.70Fresh up after a strong trial win. Trainer has had horses win fresh up at good odds recently
RemarksEven race with many chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.70Place1 9 $ 2.20Place2 11 $ 3.70Quinella 9:11 $ 11.90Trifecta 9:11:5 $ 97.90First4 9:11:5:1 $ 474.70Double 4/9+ $ 40.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SONIA MACFARLANE MEMORIAL MAIDEN 1400Time: 3:22 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Landry F: 23B(9) W(58)Good second on debut at Rotorua. A touch disappointing when third at Hastings but looks a big chance todayMain Danger13 Gitche Gumee F: 423B(6) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.70Has been good in all of her 3 starts. Made good ground late when beating a short margin last start.Next Best11 Its So Easy F: X3325B(12) W(56.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Glenn Old )Forward runner who has never run a bad race this time in. Worst run came last start when beaten under 2 lengths. Wide draw a concern.Include in Multis7 Extersea F: 2B(1) W(58)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Debbie Sweeney )Good second on debut. Got the ace to help chancesLonger Odds2 Son Of Sasanof F: 8347B(3) W(58.5)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )Better run last start when making good ground from wide. Been making good ground prior when placing. Chance at good odds
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie and looks a open leg
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.20Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 13 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 3.50Quinella 1:13 $ 10.90Trifecta 1:13:5 $ 145.30First4 1:13:5:11 $ 937.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Son Of Sasanof(6) Landry (11) Its So Easy (13) Gitche GumeeR8 (4) Sahar(5) Jimmy JamesR9 (1) Coruba Jak(5) Lincoln Springs (6) Viking (8) Endean LassR10 (4) Reliable Hunter(5) Well Chosen (10) Sacred CagaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SSANGYONG 1600Time: 3:57 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Sahar F: 5X421B(4) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.10Was building to his last start victory when winning very well. Can go back to backMain Danger5 Jimmy James F: 12719B(3) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )Dominant winner over this trip two back. Freshened since last start when he had a tough trip. Can bounce back to his best.Next Best2 Bruegel F: 85254B(5) W(59.5)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $7.80 $3.20Nice effort on Saturday. Good second three starts back and looks a chance hereInclude in Multis3 Transformer F: X2417B(2) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Freshened since failing last time. Won well two back distance is the only concernLonger Odds6 Alaskan Gold F: 1X00XB(6) W(54.5)( T- M, M & M Rogers )Disappointing last prep but can bounce back here
RemarksSmall field but doesn't lack quailty
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 7.80Place1 2 $ 3.20Place2 4 $ 1.10Quinella 2:4 $ 5.20Trifecta 2:4:6 $ 123.50First4 2:4:6:3 $ 328.70Double 1/2 $ 25.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - "SMARTLIFE - SMART HOMES" MAIDEN 1600Time: 4:34 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Coruba Jak F: 832B(12) W(58.5)( T- Patsy Riley )Has put two very good runs together when unlucky in both. Hard to beat todayMain Danger6 Viking F: 62B(3) W(58)Trialed well before making debut when well supported. Good effort for second last time and shouldn't be far away hereNext Best5 Lincoln Springs F: 022B(10) W(58)( T- Nigel Tiley )Put two nice second placings in a row. Should run well.Include in Multis9 Melusina F: 4373B(4) W(56.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- S & E Clotworthy )Run well in all starts to date. Made huge ground last time.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Endean Lass F: 43255B(1) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Iain Kennedy )WonDividends : $12.50 $2.30In very good form. Made huge ground at Matamata when fifth. Very good effort three back. Ace draw can only help chances. Best roughie
RemarksCan't believe the price on my longer odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 12.50Place1 8 $ 2.30Place2 3 $ 18.00Place3 10 $ 5.00Quinella 3:8 $ 249.80Trifecta 8:3:10 $ 7443.30First4 8:3:10:5 $ 7849.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - MANUKAU SERVICE STATION MAIDEN 1600Time: 5:12 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Well Chosen F: X4324B(1) W(58)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.90Racing honestly without winning. Looked the winner two back until late. Nice last start. Ace draw makes her hard to beatMain Danger4 Reliable Hunter F: 0X225B(4) W(58)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Put two very good seconds in a row before a tough run last time.Next Best10 Sacred Caga F: 354B(11) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.90First two runs in career were very good. Only fair last time when trailing. Getting further back may be the keyInclude in Multis1 Cleverconversation F: 0X538B(10) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Michael Farmer )Had excuses last time. Prior runs for third and fifth were good.Longer Odds2 War Path F: 50366B(5) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Was a huge effort three back when super unlucky. Disappointing next two but odds chance off his third.
RemarksTough way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.90Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 5.60Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 5:11 $ 67.10Trifecta 5:11:10 $ 708.70First4 5:11:10:8 $ 3824.80Double 8/5 $ 38.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%