Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ATKINSON & DONALDSON PLUMBING 2200Time: 12:05 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Nordic F: 18282B(5) W(59)( J- Jonathan Riddell )WonDividends : $1.80 $1.20Put the writing on the wall last start and it has fitness on its side. Looked good when breaking maidens five back. Chance on those factors.Main Danger5 Scaglioni F: 04653B(7) W(58.5)( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Finding it tough to win another race but its recent placing was a good indicator. Jockey kicking home some winners of late so include.Next Best6 Flourishing F: 17X98B(11) W(58)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Better than what it has been showing this campaign. Likely to get back and try find cover. Could finish off strongly.Include in Multis1 Whopper's F: 080X5B(4) W(60)( J- Sarah MacNab )( T- Kevin Myers )Gets some weight off its back and that wasn't a bad effort last start. Drawn well and it could add some value to multiples.Longer Odds11 Alternative Fact F: 02477B(8) W(56)( T- Richard Collett )Looked good earlier on this campaign. Goes into the mix here at nice odds.
RemarksEven field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.80Place1 2 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 6.50Place3 13 $ 5.10Quinella 2:9 $ 43.10Trifecta 2:9:13 $ 640.10First4 2:9:13:1 $ 4243.40Double 2+/8 $ 6.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CRAIG THOM MEMORIAL 1560Time: 12:40 | Distance: 1560m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Pop Star Princess F: 52262B(2) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )PlacedDividend : $1.70Ran second last start, albeit not close to the winner. Meets a slightly easier field here and it could take advantage.Main Danger6 Lucky Sweep F: 81313B(11) W(56.5)In career best form with two wins and two placings. Worth including and it has come for support.Next Best3 Sasanof's Hero F: 59462B(9) W(59.5)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )Big effort for second last start when looming to win. Hasn't won for some time now but it's only a matter of time. Worth including.Include in Multis8 Verry Flash F: 56783B(4) W(56.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Nicholas Bishara )WonDividends : $4.80 $2.10Well-related type which has been specked in this. Good effort for third last time out and it could prove its worth.Longer Odds4 Pasabahce F: 25163B(5) W(59)( T- TeamRogerson )Good enough to go well here at double-figure odds.
RemarksBig field and it looks a competitive affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.80Place1 8 $ 2.10Place2 9 $ 1.70Place3 11 $ 5.70Quinella 8:9 $ 8.60Trifecta 8:9:11 $ 375.30First4 8:9:11:3 $ 2586.00Double 2+/8 $ 6.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - VAN DYK'S 1215Time: 1:15 | Distance: 1215m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Codecracker F: 235X3B(5) W(57.5)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- K & B Kelso )Ran fairly last start when well backed. That form should stack up well in this grade and it has drawn to receive every chance.Main Danger2 The Ice Knight F: 650X5B(14) W(60)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Nigel Tiley )Drawn very wide but this stable is in form and out wide could be the place to bet at Rotorua. They often come wide and it has been well backed.Next Best12 Marija F: 718X3B(1) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Hit the line nicely for third fresh up. Fitter for this run and it's a past winner second up. Goes right into the mix.Include in Multis11 Cin Cin F: X1203B(10) W(56.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $3.40Didn't get every chance last start but still ran well. Gets some weight off the back and if presented in the straight, it could run well.Longer Odds5 Saint Croix F: 2827XB(6) W(58.5)( J- Nafish Alam )( T- Trina Riddell )Probably wants more time but gets 4kg off and the odds are appealing.
RemarksLoose favourite which results in good value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 10.70Place1 14 $ 3.60Place2 10 $ 2.60Place3 11 $ 3.40Quinella 10:14 $ 47.90Trifecta 14:10:11 $ 759.60First4 14:10:11:6 $ 3659.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CARTER'S ROTORUA YOUR BUILDING PARTNERTime: 1:48 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Socialights F: 0X316B(3) W(55.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.60Ran well enough when right up in grade last time. Should find this slightly easier and it looked good winning prior to that. Could offer value.Main Danger1 Harbourside F: 27212B(7) W(57.5)( J- Troy Harris )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Experienced at this level and its recent form has been strong. Drawn a touch awkwardly but it should be presented at the top of the straight. Nice chance.Next Best5 Evana Rahma F: 314B(4) W(55.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $2.00Showed punters what it can do two back. Not an easy level to race in but it has plenty of upside. Worth including here.Include in Multis3 Makabar F: 08812B(8) W(57.5)( J- Shiarna Johnson )( T- TeamRogerson )Gets the benefit of having a 4kg claimer in the saddle. Lack of jockey experience could hurt but it might go forward and kick hard.Longer Odds4 Ocean Billy F: 7616B(1) W(57.5)( T- Bill Pomare )Hasn't shown much consistency to date but it could add some value.
RemarksSome smart types lining up in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.70Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 7 $ 1.60Place3 5 $ 2.00Quinella 1:7 $ 5.30Trifecta 1:7:5 $ 46.30First4 1:7:5:2 $ 224.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CAMPBELL INFRASTRUCTURE ROTORUA CUPTime: 2:24 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Azaboy F: 4X931B(6) W(54.5)( T- Richard Collett )Comes into this with a good win under its belt. That should be a nice form guide going forward and conditions should suit nicely.Main Danger11 Artiste F: 14154B(3) W(53)PlacedDividend : $2.50Looks set to notch a career-best win soon. This could be it after showing good form of late and it gets in with only 53kg on its back.Next Best2 Highlad F: 360X6B(12) W(59)( J- Opie Bosson )Has shown form second up with three starts for one win and one placing. Suited by this grade and its class could come through.Include in Multis7 Roger That F: 14433B(14) W(55)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Antony Fuller )Just behind the winners of late but it's another which will appreciate the drop in weight. Always threatening to win a race like this.Longer Odds10 Gobstopper F: 07X04B(11) W(54)( T- Andrew Campbell )PlacedDividend : $4.30Handy effort last start and it has performed highly in the past.
RemarksMany different form lines coming into this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 10.50Place1 1 $ 3.20Place2 10 $ 4.30Place3 11 $ 2.50Quinella 1:10 $ 99.50Trifecta 1:10:11 $ 1699.70First4 1:10:11:7 $ 5769.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Highlad(7) Roger That (8) Azaboy (11) ArtisteR6 (8) Chadsdale(9) Campari (10) Walkin' By (14) SpindleR7 (2) Sleeping Beauty(6) Back In A Flash (14) PeacefulR8 (6) Helena BabyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 8, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - THE MARTIN BARRY 1400Time: 2:59 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Campari F: 170X5B(12) W(57)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $7.70 $2.40Experience in Australia is tough to come by at this level. It has that and its run for fifth fresh up had plenty of merit. Goes into calculations.Main Danger14 Spindle F: 25153B(5) W(55.5)Hasn't done much wrong this season with limited luck in some races. Has been nicely backed throughout the week.Next Best10 Walkin' By F: 24135B(10) W(56.5)Hasn't been far off the mark to date and it could add some value here. Wide open field and it's a leading contender.Include in Multis8 Chadsdale F: 34X65B(6) W(57.5)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Stephen Autridge )Getting warmer this campaign and it should go well. Allow another chance to improve.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Breezon F: 32212B(11) W(59)PlacedDividend : $3.00Consistent as they come and it could rise to the next level in this.
RemarksGreat value on offer in yet another very open race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 7.70Place1 9 $ 2.40Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 3.00Quinella 6:9 $ 13.90Trifecta 9:6:4 $ 333.10First4 9:6:4:3 $ 3427.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 8, 9, 10, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ISCL ROTORUA STAKESTime: 3:34 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Sleeping Beauty F: 13624B(11) W(57)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $5.60 $2.20A touch disappointing last start but we're prepared to forgive it. Has a good record over this distance and it has a placing on this track.Main Danger6 Back In A Flash F: X1601B(3) W(57)( T- K & G Opie )Progressed to another level this campaign, especially when winning last start. Drawn well and it has been well-received in the betting.Next Best14 Peaceful F: 08832B(9) W(55)Gets one more chance after pressing for second last start. Stays down in the weights and if the pace suits up front, it could finish off strongly.Include in Multis12 Te Toro Pearl F: 11X23B(14) W(57)( T- Jon Miller )PlacedDividend : $2.30Still on the improve and it has needed two runs in this campaign. Should be nice and strong now and is worth including.Longer Odds13 Hasahalo F: X0696B(12) W(57)If they go quickly up front, it could turn around some fair form and strike late.
RemarksBest field of the card - nice types in action
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.60Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 12 $ 2.30Place3 4 $ 6.00Quinella 2:12 $ 21.00Trifecta 2:12:4 $ 780.60First4 2:12:4:6 $ 1157.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 12, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ROTORUA CLUB 1400Time: 4:14 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Helena Baby F: 221B(10) W(59)( T- John Bell )WonDividends : $1.40 $1.10Not an easy field but it looks an anchor in the last. Impressive win last time out and the floodgates could open now.Main Danger1 O'Guy F: 06X49B(9) W(60)Just needs to lift a touch in order to go close here. Should be fitter now and ready to fire.Next Best14 Birdie Blitz F: 41772B(4) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $2.20Has talent when right and it hasn't been too far away from them this season. Right in the mix.Include in Multis16 Pleeze Bee F: 6X6X3B(6) W(55.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Karyn McQuade )Solid enough effort last time out and that should warrant attention. Could go close.Longer Odds2 Tipical F: 2060XB(8) W(60)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $6.30Good enough to show some speed from the outset. Worth including.
RemarksFavourite looks tough to hold out
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 1.40Place1 6 $ 1.10Place2 14 $ 2.20Place3 2 $ 6.30Quinella 6:14 $ 6.00Trifecta 6:14:2 $ 87.30First4 6:14:2:9 $ 508.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 14, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%