Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - JOHN NEWTON MEMORIAL 2200Time: 1:23 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Shezathinka F: X2628B(2) W(59)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.30Didn't fire last start but that came against a decent field. Facing a smaller field should help and its best would be good enough to win.Main Danger2 Elate F: 0X756B(5) W(58.5)( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.80Owns stakes-winning form and it only needs a boost in confidence. Looks the biggest danger to the favourite.Next Best3 Capellani F: 47119B(3) W(58.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Bubble burst last start but it looked good prior to that. Can't be ruled out on one bad run, so include in win selections.Longer Odds5 Hattie Bee F: 41769B(4) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- E & D Browne )Owns the talent and could upset them at odds.
RemarksSmall field with the money coming for the first two runners
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.40Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 1.80Quinella 1:2 $ 2.90Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 8.70First4 1:2:3:4 $ 16.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CAMPBELLS INFRASTRUCTURE MAIDEN 1215Time: 1:58 | Distance: 1215m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Can I Get An Amen F: 220XB(4) W(57)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Lowry/Cullen )WonDividends : $1.30 $1.00Ran back-to-back second placings before running last in the Guineas. It's a fair drop in class and it could break maidens. Runs at very short odds.Main Danger8 She Speeds F: 647XB(5) W(57)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.40Better for the experience last campaign. Showed ability at times and it could get some of the action here.Next Best9 Doha F:B(1) W(57)( T- Danica Guy )Bred to show early speed and they usually hit the ground running from this stable. Gets the inside draw.Include in Multis4 Seafolly F: 588B(7) W(57.5)( T- Danica Guy )PlacedDividend : $3.20Has race day experience and that should hold it in good stead. Could turn its form around and figure in the finish.Longer Odds5 Skori F:B(9) W(57.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ross McCarroll )Gets an apprentice claim and that helps.
RemarksMost of the money is with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 1.30Place1 7 $ 1.00Place2 8 $ 1.40Place3 4 $ 3.20Quinella 7:8 $ 2.00Trifecta 7:8:4 $ 12.40First4 7:8:4:9 $ 46.90Double 1+/7+ $ 3.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - RYDGES HOTEL ROTORUA MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:33 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Americo F: 33220B(6) W(58)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Needs to bounce back after a disappointing run last start. However, its form prior was good and that bodes well for this.Main Danger1 Claiborne F: 430XB(3) W(58.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $4.40 $2.40Another that needs to forget its most recent effort. Its third placing second-up was solid and it gets a good run from the draw.Next Best7 Manhattan Girl F: 03X5B(7) W(56)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- John Bary )Made good ground late last start and it should be well-placed for a good run. Allpress rides and she's in good form this season.Include in Multis4 Yin Yang Warrior F:B(5) W(58)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Tony Pike )Scored a trial win nine months ago. Has been patiently handled and that could pay off. Upset chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Swagger F: 40X75B(1) W(58.5)( T- Dean Wiles )PlacedDividend : $5.90Should be ready to fire after two runs this prep. Chance at odds.
RemarksMany of these could breakthrough soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.40Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 2 $ 5.90Quinella 1:2 $ 23.00Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 99.00First4 1:2:3:7 $ 194.50Treble 1+/7+/1 $ 21.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (1) Claiborne(3) Americo (7) Manhattan GirlR4 (3) Aromatic(4) Starring Role (7) ArabiaR5 (3) Craftyeva(5) Baby Face (6) Mannie's Power (7) SelenelionR6 (1) Candid Camera(5) Kinesis (7) Hey Soul SisterQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES MAIDEN RACETime: 3:08 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Aromatic F: 22B(7) W(57)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $1.70 $1.30Back-to-back second placings to open its career. Drawn a touch wide but it's in the right hands and the money is on.Main Danger4 Starring Role F: 27636B(6) W(57)( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $1.30Has had many chances to break through and hasn't taken them, However, it meets an even field and it could capitalise.Next Best7 Arabia F: 79X6B(2) W(57)Not too bad when sixth last time out. Better for the fresh up run and it has been specked at odds.Include in Multis5 Amazing Maria F: 4B(1) W(57)( J- Craig Grylls )Did enough on debut and it gets the inside draw to its advantage. Paying nice odds and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds11 Sweet Molly Malone F:B(11) W(57)( T- Cody Cole )Watch late betting moves. It could be one to watch.
RemarksMany of these should win soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 1.70Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 4 $ 1.30Quinella 3:4 $ 1.60Trifecta 3:4:7 $ 7.60First4 3:4:7:5 $ 13.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WAITOMO FUELS 1560Time: 3:43 | Distance: 1560m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Mannie's Power F: 72633B(5) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stuart Manning )Could cap off some consistent form with a win. It gets a good, strong rider in the saddle and it should see it fighting out the finish at odds.Main Danger5 Baby Face F: 351X5B(9) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.60Owns a stack of ability but doesn't always show it. Good win two back before a spell. Resumed fairly last start so consider.Next Best7 Selenelion F: 31946B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Won earlier this campaign but has struggled since. Should enjoy this grade a touch better and it could run well at value odds.Include in Multis3 Craftyeva F: 5425XB(1) W(58)( T- Cody Cole )Goes well fresh up and it has won on this track. Looks set for a good run off the inside draw. Include at each-way odds.Longer Odds1 Parisian F: 7127XB(2) W(59)( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $5.80 $2.10Has a decent future ahead and it could run well at odds.
RemarksOne of the more open fields on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.80Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 7 $ 2.10Place3 5 $ 1.60Quinella 1:7 $ 18.80Trifecta 1:7:5 $ 131.80First4 1:7:5:2 $ 602.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MACMILLAN ACCOUNTANTS MAIDEN 1560Time: 4:18 | Distance: 1560m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Candid Camera F: 23399B(4) W(58.5)( T- Glenn Old )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.00Needs to lift a touch but it's dropping back from a tough race last start. Has been confidently backed and we're not surprised.Main Danger7 Hey Soul Sister F: 30323B(6) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.40Getting close after notching four placings from its last five starts. Drawn to get a sit and strike late. Chance.Next Best5 Kinesis F: 4B(2) W(58)( T- Tony Pike )Has more scope than many of these and it wasn't far behind on debut. It's only going to improve with racing.Include in Multis2 Son Of Sasanof F: 34767B(1) W(58.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Jim Collett )It's good enough to cause an upset. It has been backed and beaten, but gets out to nice odds now.Longer Odds9 Dawned On Me F:B(7) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ross McCarroll )PlacedDividend : $4.10Another patiently-handled type. Chance.
RemarksA wide-open maiden to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.50Place1 1 $ 1.00Place2 9 $ 4.10Place3 7 $ 1.40Quinella 1:9 $ 17.90Trifecta 1:9:7 $ 103.70First4 1:9:7:10 $ 822.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%