Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - WHANGAREI ITMTime: 12:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Annie's Song F:B(6) W(54)WonDividends : $3.80 $2.20Has performed well at the trials and is nicely bred. Carries only 54kg on its back and there has been good money put on.Main Danger1 Maybeashowoff F: 7457XB(2) W(57.5)( T- David Greene )Has race day experience which is a positive. Looked good at the recent trials and it gets a 2kg claim to help with the weight. Nice chance.Next Best3 Diva Express F: X2516B(5) W(55.5)Scored a win two back and it wasn't too far behind last time out. Rarely too far away from them and deserves to be included at the price.Include in Multis4 Tumbleweed F: 5365XB(3) W(54)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $2.40One placing from four starts but it has taken on some tough types. Drawn well and doesn't have much weight to carry.Longer Odds8 Octave F:B(1) W(54)Has the breeding and it could improve on its trial efforts.
RemarksSome handy runners on debut here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.80Place1 6 $ 2.20Place2 4 $ 2.40Quinella 4:6 $ 8.80Trifecta 6:4:2 $ 221.60First4 6:4:2:7 $ 1006.20Double 6/3+ $ 4.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FELL ENGINEERINGTime: 1:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Lily d'Or F:B(11) W(56.5)Trial winner which could make a winning debut. Not the hardest field of all time and late betting movement will be a good guide.Main Danger3 Massachusetts F: 42X28B(7) W(56.5)WonDividends : $2.20 $1.20Very disappointing last time out but it's better than that and it was a funny-run race. Should bring that experience here and rebound nicely.Next Best11 Quintuple Twins F: 776X6B(8) W(56.5)Gets the benefit of the home track and that could help turn the form around. Has attracted attention in the betting.Include in Multis4 Kayture F: 45XB(3) W(56.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )Didn't do too much wrong in two starts last campaign. Drawn well, weighted well and it could add some value to this race.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Sweet Painted Lady F: 0XB(4) W(56.5)( T- Tarissa Mitchell )PlacedDividend : $2.30Better for the experience after running down the track on debut. Consider.
RemarksInteresting form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.20Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 12 $ 1.70Place3 7 $ 2.30Quinella 3:12 $ 7.40Trifecta 3:12:7 $ 72.00First4 3:12:7:4 $ 247.60Double 6/3+ $ 4.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BAY OF ISLANDS ITMTime: 1:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Star Treasure F: 20312B(3) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Has been performing well against some nice types. Good winner two back and wasn't all that far away when second last start. Big chance.Main Danger7 Von Trapp F: X2621B(2) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.60Built up to the win last start and it could kick on with it now. Harder here but having 54kg on the back helps and it has upside.Next Best5 Memories Only F: 42714B(6) W(55)( T- Linda Laing )Runs well at this track with six starts for a win and two placings. Doesn't win often but it could get some of this.Include in Multis4 Time To Fly F: X5271B(4) W(55.5)( T- Alan Tait )Comes into this with a last-start win and it will get a good, strong ride from Thornton. Right in this with a good trip in transit.Longer Odds6 Bevan Street F: 5X608B(5) W(54.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $10.00 $3.70Has shown enough throughout its career to warrant attention.
RemarksOnly a small field but it has some talented types running
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 10.00Place1 6 $ 3.70Place2 7 $ 1.60Quinella 6:7 $ 10.60Trifecta 6:7:3 $ 72.00First4 6:7:3:4 $ 215.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - ITM/GIBTime: 2:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Amazing Az F: 140X3B(3) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.80Might have needed the run last time out. Form prior was good enough to win this and with 54kg on its back, it looks a strong winning chance.Main Danger2 Go Nicholas F: 00063B(5) W(59)( T- Shelley Hale )Returned to form when running third last start. That ended a long run of poor runs and it could continue to improve. Chance.Next Best4 Light Shadow F: 04341B(2) W(56)( T- Catherine Cameron )WonDividends : $4.00 $2.50Was running consistent races before winning last start. Not easy here but it could add some value at each-way odds.Include in Multis5 Crafty Jess F: 51278B(6) W(55)( T- Baker/Forsman )Last couple have been below par but the ability is there. Stick with it as it has enough ability to win. Small field should help as well.Longer Odds1 Irish Call F: 028X0B(4) W(59.5)( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Upsets typically happen in small fields. Worth including because of that.
RemarksAnother small field but it could be the race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.00Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 6 $ 1.80Quinella 4:6 $ 6.20Trifecta 4:6:2 $ 40.00First4 4:6:2:5 $ 109.90Double 6/4 $ 40.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - HIREPOOLTime: 2:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 One Kotukustreet F: 169X2B(10) W(57.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Almost got the job done last start and it should build nicely from that. Money has been there throughout the week so put on top.Main Danger6 Viola Vega F: 836X1B(3) W(57)( J- Rowena Smyth )PlacedDividend : $2.10Scored by 3.5 lengths last start and that should be a good form guide for this. Another runner which has been specked during the week.Next Best13 Cavalini F: X76X3B(2) W(55.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )Much better effort for third last time out. Battling runs prior to that but it might have turned the corner and be in the finish.Include in Multis9 Lowprofile F: 17X28B(15) W(56.5)( T- Ross McCarroll )Needs to rebound after last start and get some luck from the draw. Form prior included a win so include here based on that.Longer Odds14 Raspberry Sweet F: 258X0B(8) W(55)( T- Graham Richardson )Expecting quick improvement now.
RemarksLooks a good race to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 19.60Place1 11 $ 4.80Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 6:11 $ 83.50Trifecta 11:6:10 $ 1131.40First4 11:6:10:8 $ 2950.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (5) One Kotukustreet(6) Viola Vega (13) CavaliniR6 (3) He's Cavalier(5) Redcayenne (6) Poker FaceR7 (1) Copper Mine(6) Boundtobehonored (7) Mumms JewelR8 (1) Mac Attacka(2) Fluorobus (10) Chapeau (11) Livvy LassQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 9, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ITM/GIB WHANGAREI GOLD CUPTime: 3:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Redcayenne F: X1143B(9) W(54.5)( T- Tony Pike )Battled away nicely last start and that form bodes well for this. Scored consecutive wins earlier this season so put on top.Main Danger6 Poker Face F: 64551B(1) W(54)WonDividends : $4.00 $1.60Doesn't always put two runs together but it has been hitting the line nicely. Gets in light at 54kg and the inside draw is ideal.Next Best3 He's Cavalier F: 80332B(5) W(58)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- James Hatton )Nearing a win after three consecutive placings. Has been hammered in the betting and punters should take note. Good hope.Include in Multis7 The Kipling Girl F: 80862B(6) W(54)( T- Scott Wenn )Much-improved effort for second last start. Has always been a confidence runner and that could spur it on.Longer Odds1 Kaharau F: 77X05B(4) W(60)Gets the distance with ease and it could create a minor upset.
RemarksThe Gold Cup has attracted a nice field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.00Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 4.10Place3 8 $ 5.00Quinella 4:6 $ 22.70Trifecta 6:4:8 $ 555.90First4 6:4:8:1 $ 6603.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NORTHLAND BUSINESS SYSTEMSTime: 3:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Boundtobehonored F: FX141B(9) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )Two wins already this preparation and it looks to have a good campaign ahead. Looks well-placed here and it's paying nice odds.Main Danger1 Copper Mine F: 5X152B(1) W(59)( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $2.10Classy type which is coming off a gritty second placing. More than capable of winning this and it gets a dream run off the inside.Next Best7 Mumms Jewel F: X4115B(6) W(56.5)Back-to-back winner earlier this campaign. Looks to get a good run from the draw and the home track advantage should help.Include in Multis4 Bruegel F: 18394B(2) W(58)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $7.70 $2.50Just finding it tough to score but it has been threatening. Chance here and it could add some value.Longer Odds2 O'Guy F: 49501B(11) W(59)( T- Stephen McKee )Last start winner which could double up. Include.
RemarksOne of the better form races on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.70Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 1 $ 2.10Place3 11 $ 4.30Quinella 1:4 $ 20.30Trifecta 4:1:11 $ 532.20First4 4:1:11:6 $ 2882.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - UNITED SECURITY NORTHLANDTime: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Mac Attacka F: 101B(12) W(59)WonDividends : $2.00 $1.30Talented type which returned to winning form last start. Looks right at home here and the wide draw is the only negative.Main Danger2 Fluorobus F: 31625B(10) W(58)Also drawn wide but it should be able to find cover. Has run some good races this preparation and could have another in store.Next Best10 Chapeau F: 74235B(3) W(55)Two placings from its last three starts. Drawn well, carries 55kg on its back and it shouldn't be too far off them.Include in Multis11 Livvy Lass F: 2X562B(1) W(55)PlacedDividend : $2.80Produced a good effort to run second last time out. Drawn the rail and it should prove tough to beat. Include here.Longer Odds9 Cologne F: 84301B(4) W(56)( T- Stephen McKee )Held them all off last start at Te Rapa. Chance here.
RemarksQuality race to end the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.00Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 11 $ 2.80Place3 4 $ 4.40Quinella 1:11 $ 8.80Trifecta 1:11:4 $ 145.50First4 1:11:4:2 $ 592.60Double 4/1+ $ 18.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%