Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - ALMANZOR AT CAMBRIDGE STUD 3YO MAIDENTime: 12:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Holy Mongolemperor F: 528X2B(2) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Big run for second last start and it should go well here. Might be a touch overrated but should have this field covered.Main Danger7 Karalino F: 54B(6) W(55.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.50Has run two solid races to date. Gets in nicely on the weights and it only has improvement to come.Next Best2 Sherwood Forest F: 467XB(5) W(57.5)( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.30Didn't show much when last in work, but it has been well backed. Should enjoy the conditions and improvement is expected now.Longer Odds3 Ronaldo's Dream F: 5B(8) W(57.5)Solid on debut and it could offer some value at odds.
RemarksFavourite dominates the market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.30Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 4 $ 4.50Place3 7 $ 1.50Quinella 2:4 $ 80.80Trifecta 2:4:7 $ 502.20First4 2:4:7:3 $ 3771.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TEE CAFE FUNCTIONS AT RUAKAKA RACE COURSETime: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Red Dynamo F: 90102B(7) W(58.5)Not the most consistent but it has winning claims here. Good win three back and returned to form with a placing last start. Value play.Main Danger6 Badea F: X9321B(3) W(56)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $1.00Got into winning form last start and it could hold it. Valuable 3kg comes off its back and it has been well backed accordingly.Next Best1 Steven James F: 2726XB(2) W(59)( T- John Morell )Resumes here and it should be in for a good campaign. Drawn to get a nice run and each-way odds are on offer. Shouldn't be far away.Include in Multis7 Lady Sequoyah F: 20900B(6) W(54)( J- Cameron Lammas )PlacedDividend : $2.40Needs to turn some poor form around, but gets its chance here. Likes this track and carries a light weight.Longer Odds4 De Koning F: 519X0B(8) W(57.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )WonDividends : $17.00 $4.70Can show good speed on its day. Worth including at the price.
RemarksLooks an even contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 17.00Place1 4 $ 4.70Place2 6 $ 1.00Place3 7 $ 2.40Quinella 4:6 $ 22.10Trifecta 4:6:7 $ 557.70First4 4:6:7:3 $ 1982.80Double 2/4 $ 101.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PATRON'S TROPHYTime: 2:01 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Hanger F: 23012B(7) W(54)( J- Leith Innes )( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.90Can be expensive to follow but the ability is there. Did the job nicely two back and wasn't far away last start. Weighted to perfection.Main Danger2 Santa Monica F: 53X97B(2) W(59.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Group 1-winning form should always be respected. Needs to start showing that now but it should relish the small field.Next Best7 Rikki Tikki Tavi F: 23029B(4) W(54)Local runner which saves its best for this circuit. Needs a confidence boost but that could come here with the light weight.Include in Multis6 Remington F: 1X53XB(6) W(54)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Gets in with only 51kg on the back. Has shown ability and with the right run, it could finish over the top of them.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Consensus F: 104X0B(5) W(61)( T- Stephen McKee )Far too good to leave out. Odds appeal.
RemarksSome smart types lining up in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.40Place1 4 $ 3.30Place2 5 $ 1.90Quinella 4:5 $ 13.70Trifecta 4:5:7 $ 109.00First4 4:5:7:2 $ 326.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HIREPOOLTime: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Super Gee F: X2304B(8) W(59.5)Indicated that a winning run wouldn't be far away when running fourth last start. Has been well-backed to win which bodes well.Main Danger10 Uabasso F: X0082B(6) W(55.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Cydne Evans )PlacedDividend : $2.70Talented at best and it comes into this having finished off nicely for second last start. No surprises to see it going one better.Next Best5 Effervescent F: 70043B(3) W(57)( J- Taiki Yanagida )Doesn't win all that often but has indicated a return to form is eminent. Gets a claimer on its back and that should help.Include in Multis2 Bak Da Master F: 24226B(1) W(59)Has been a money muncher for punters but it will score an overdue win sooner or later. Worth including at the odds.Longer Odds6 Bugs Moran F: X0803B(5) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )PlacedDividend : $3.30Chance given that nice placing last time out.
RemarksGood field with many nice each-way chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 7.90Place1 9 $ 2.30Place2 10 $ 2.70Place3 6 $ 3.30Quinella 9:10 $ 29.60Trifecta 9:10:6 $ 649.50First4 9:10:6:8 $ 3901.50Double 4/9 $ 49.30Treble 4/4/9 $ 1466.50Quaddie 2/4/4/9 $ 6166.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NORTHERN DISTRICTS SECURITY RUAKAKA CUPTime: 3:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Amazing Az F: 0X324B(3) W(54)( J- Cameron Lammas )Dangerous type right down in the weights at 54kg. Could settle closer and be tough to beat. Drawn well.Main Danger1 Zacada F: 013X9B(2) W(60.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Owns the class edge in this field and by some margin. Expecting improvement now and this distance looks ideal. Chance.Next Best2 Kaharau F: 05401B(4) W(56.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )WonDividends : $5.70 $1.90Stays all day and it comes into this having scored well last start. Gets some weight off its back and it's worth including at the odds.Include in Multis6 Suliman F: 74612B(7) W(54)( T- Graham Richardson )Carrying 54kg is ideal and it has been around the mark this year. Has a recent win and should be tough to beat here.Longer Odds8 Francis Drake F: 75463B(5) W(54)( T- TeamRogerson )Could run a cheeky race at odds.
RemarksPlenty of quality types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.70Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 3.50Place3 7 $ 2.60Quinella 2:5 $ 57.50Trifecta 2:5:7 $ 524.50First4 2:5:7:8 $ 4863.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Zacada(2) Kaharau (9) Amazing AzR6 (4) Light Shadow(7) Pop Star Princess (11) Supreme HeightsR7 (2) CatalystR8 (2) Duck Road(5) One Kotukustreet (7) Scottish Star (8) ChoctocQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 55
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WHANGAREI LOVE IT HERETime: 3:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Supreme Heights F: 51121B(7) W(54)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Mark Brosnan )PlacedDividend : $1.80Professional winner which has rattled off three wins from its last four starts. 54kg on the back and that makes it tough to beat.Main Danger7 Pop Star Princess F: 6229XB(5) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )Likely to fire in a fresh state and it has been very well backed for this. Good signs and it should prove tough to hold out.Next Best4 Light Shadow F: 43411B(6) W(58.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Catherine Cameron )Searching for its third consecutive win. Runs at each-way odds here and it could provide punters with plenty of value once again.Include in Multis5 Starrybeel F: 5003XB(3) W(57.5)Didn't quite fire up last season but showed plenty of ability at times. Backed as if it should fire here. Chance on that.Longer Odds6 Orakei Overlord F: 338X7B(10) W(56.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )WonDividends : $15.60 $4.00Could show improvement with more fitness.
RemarksOne of the better fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 15.60Place1 6 $ 4.00Place2 11 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 3.30Quinella 6:11 $ 34.00Trifecta 6:11:9 $ 646.50First4 6:11:9:10 $ 5596.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - CAMBRIDGE STUD NORTHLAND BREEDERS STAKESTime: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Catalyst F: 71X1B(6) W(56.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $1.40 $1.20Ultra impressive win at Hastings and it looks a nice type in the making. Only bad luck stops it from winning here.Main Danger1 Aotea Lad F: 2227XB(3) W(56.5)Has faced some tough fields throughout its career. Could come back a more mature horse and it has upset material. Each-way odds on offer.Next Best3 Exuberant F: 139X3B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.50Has class and will win some good races throughout its career. Good third placing fresh up and it should be around the mark.Include in Multis7 Bella Mente F: 3143XB(2) W(54.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Gets a good run from the draw and it could offer punters with some value. Barrier two is ideal.Longer Odds8 Tumbleweed F: 65X21B(9) W(54.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Shaune Ritchie )Last start winner which has upside.
RemarksCatalyst holds all the money
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.40Place1 2 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 2.50Place3 4 $ 2.40Quinella 2:3 $ 7.20Trifecta 2:3:4 $ 42.10First4 2:3:4:1 $ 107.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RUAKAKA CHRISTMAS AT THE RACES - 17 DECTime: 5:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Scottish Star F: 13XB(7) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.90Nice win on debut and it ran well second up. Should get a good run here and having Opie Bosson ride is a positive. Good chance.Main Danger8 Choctoc F: 5X16XB(4) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $2.30Impressive winner when fresh up last campaign. Has plenty of upside and it should be right around the mark. Big chance.Next Best5 One Kotukustreet F: 69X25B(9) W(57.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.90Gets 3kg off its back and that's going to help. Owns potential and won't take long to win another race. Could come here.Include in Multis2 Duck Road F: 0213XB(2) W(59)Showed good ability last preparation and could resume in fine style. Drawn ideally in barrier two and it has upside.Longer Odds6 Benaud F: 88303B(5) W(57.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Sticking with it after a solid placing last start.
RemarksPlenty of value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.90Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 7 $ 1.90Place3 8 $ 2.30Quinella 5:7 $ 12.50Trifecta 5:7:8 $ 145.80First4 5:7:8:11 $ 439.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%