Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - FELL ENGINEERING MAIDENTime: 11:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 The White Queen F: 2225XB(2) W(57.5)Ran three consecutive second placings last campaign. Better for the experience and it should lob into a nice position from an inside barrier.Main Danger15 Mumms Jewel F: 753X4B(9) W(57.5)WonDividends : $3.90 $1.60Gets the benefit of racing on its home track and we know how good they are here. Will need to show speed from a wide barrier but include.Next Best4 Irish Heart F: 3XB(6) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Looked good running third on debut. Was quickly sent for a spell and early betting suggests it should be right around the mark. Nice chance.Include in Multis3 Shipshape F: 44296B(3) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Has been around the mark to date and only needs to find a little bit more to win. Chance here.Longer Odds6 Spinnaker Bay F: 5357XB(4) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Showed some signs of winning a race last preparation. Include for value.
RemarksPlenty of progressive types in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 3.90Place1 15 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 3 $ 1.80Quinella 4:15 $ 7.30Trifecta 15:4:3 $ 61.70First4 15:4:3:1 $ 87.30Treble 15/2/5 $ 136.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - UNITED SECURITY NORTHLAND MAIDENTime: 12:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Rangitata F: 3B(11) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.20Huge effort to run third on debut after getting back and storming home. Drawn wide so will settle back again, but it should go close.Main Danger11 Crescent F: 27255B(4) W(56.5)Needs to find a half-length to start winning races consistently. Drawn well and natural improvement is expected. Include here.Next Best13 Qiji Sunlight F:B(3) W(56.5)Only fair at the trials but it's paying a nice price and the Qiji's often start well.Include in Multis2 Never Back Down F: 0025XB(7) W(58.5)( T- Shane Crawford )WonDividends : $7.80 $2.20Showed enough towards the end of last campaign to be a winning threat in this.Longer Odds14 Ready To Roar F:B(9) W(56.5)Could be ready to roar on race day and cause an upset.
RemarksAnother good field with many up-and-coming types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 7.80Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 4 $ 1.20Place3 9 $ 7.90Quinella 2:4 $ 7.70Trifecta 2:4:9 $ 373.20First4 2:4:9:5 $ 2922.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 11, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - HOMESTEAD SPORTSBAR REUBEN LEWIS MEMORIAL MAIDENTime: 1:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Away Cruising F: 3245B(1) W(55.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ralph Manning )Gets the inside draw and a 3kg claimer in the saddle. Looks a good type in the making and this field is there for the taking.Main Danger1 Mexican Tycoon F: X4422B(2) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )Back-to-back second placings coming into this. Knocking on the door of a statement victory and that could come here. Drawn well.Next Best5 Mac Attacka F:B(5) W(57.5)WonDividends : $3.30 $2.00Dual trial winner which has drawn the car park, but it could show some early speed and cross. Right in this with any amount of luck.Include in Multis3 Lord Polonius F: 82B(6) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Better effort when second last start. Didn't show much on debut but there's some solid betting support and that's a good sign.Longer Odds4 Operator F: 82X46B(3) W(57.5)( J- Shaun McKay )Owns ability and is too good to leave out at the odds.
RemarksMany of these are dual-nominated so this field could be small
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.30Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 2.20Quinella 3:5 $ 5.10Trifecta 5:3:9 $ 55.80First4 5:3:9:8 $ 413.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LION RED MAIDENTime: 1:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Quiz Kid F: 3B(10) W(57.5)( T- C & S Phelan )Ran at double-figure odds on debut ran better than expected for third. Has opened short in the betting and that's a telling sign.Main Danger1 Jager Bombed F: 7X24XB(7) W(57.5)WonDividends : $4.40 $1.60Took on some nice opposition last time out. The in-form Pike stable lines it up and it's more than capable of taking this out.Next Best6 Burgundy Rose F:B(4) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Has had three trials and although not great so far, it has the right team behind it. Watch for any late betting movement.Include in Multis10 Fast Summer Rock F:B(9) W(55.5)( T- P & D Williams )Bred to be better than average and it has a trials placing to boast. Could run over the odds and give punters some good value.Longer Odds5 Tropic Thunder F: 4B(11) W(55.5)Needs a little bit of luck from deep but it did enough on debut to show up here.
RemarksShould be a good form guide for the winter
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.40Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 6 $ 2.00Place3 3 $ 3.00Quinella 1:6 $ 18.10Trifecta 1:6:3 $ 171.10First4 1:6:3:2 $ 366.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SUNLINE - VALE TREVOR MCKEE MAIDENTime: 2:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 My World F:B(1) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Jared Prangley )PlacedDividend : $2.60Has won a trial and there's early betting support. Gets the inside draw and it should be right around the mark on debut.Main Danger1 Upalayer F: 47XB(4) W(57.5)( T- Steven Cole )Has had the benefit of two race day starts. Fair in those, better when fourth on debut and it could have taken good improvement from those.Next Best8 Familia F:B(3) W(55.5)( T- Lance Noble )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.50Scored a trial win to prepare for this and it's going to get a nice run from the draw. Right in this and it's a winnable race.Include in Multis7 Vino Bella F: 4X33XB(8) W(55.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Two starts for two placings last time in work. Only needs to lift a touch to get some of the pie here. Right in the mix.Longer Odds9 Sonority F: 7B(2) W(55.5)Would be fitting to see the McKee-trained runner take it out.
RemarksEach-way field to honour a legend
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.30Place1 8 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 2.60Place3 5 $ 6.90Quinella 2:8 $ 12.80Trifecta 8:2:5 $ 330.50First4 8:2:5:1 $ 1174.80Double 1/8+ $ 10.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ADAMS TRIMMER INSURANCE MAIDENTime: 2:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Call Me Murphy F: 3743XB(11) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.60Handy at times last campaign and having that race experience should take it close. Tricky draw but it has early betting support and should run accordingly.Main Danger4 Finale F:B(5) W(58.5)( T- Joanne Surgenor )PlacedDividend : $1.50Gives away race experience but it scored two trials win and that's typically good form. Could be one to rise through the grades.Next Best11 Luvlucy F: 74X66B(6) W(56.5)Backed and beaten this preparation. Needs to start showing the form we know it has. Drawn well and it should be around the mark.Include in Multis7 Hardly Dawn F: 8B(8) W(58.5)( T- Shane Crawford )Eighth on debut but we're prepared to forgive that effort and go again. Nice chance at the odds.Longer Odds3 Nitro F: 46503B(3) W(58.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Davina Waddell )Better when third last time out and it could show some cheek at nice odds.
RemarksLooks an even field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.40Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 15 $ 8.40Quinella 1:4 $ 4.10Trifecta 1:4:15 $ 256.30First4 1:4:15:8 $ 1894.10Treble 1/8+/1 $ 62.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Call Me Murphy(4) Finale (11) LuvlucyR7 (1) Masu(3) Dragon Storm (4) Robusto (6) Friday WoolfeR8 (3) Bruegel(4) Memories Only (6) Fullinbloom (7) Lady SequoyahR9 (3) Mighty Aslan(4) Claiborne (8) ChapeauQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NORTHLAND BUSINESS SYSTEMSTime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Robusto F: 42223B(2) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $1.80Becoming expensive with four placings on the bounce but this is a race there for the taking. Drawn to settle closer and kick hard in the straight.Main Danger3 Dragon Storm F: X5884B(1) W(58)WonDividends : $2.80 $1.40Gets the inside draw and it wasn't far away from them last time out. Home track and that can make all the difference.Next Best6 Friday Woolfe F: 85X65B(6) W(56)( T- P & D Williams )Two runs in this campaign have been fair and it has plenty of improvement to come. Should be going better against this field.Include in Multis1 Masu F: 15009B(7) W(59)Needs to turn some fairly average form around but it has shown ability in the past. Could give loyal punters a nice return in this.Longer Odds5 Express Call F: 14388B(5) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $3.50Scored a good win five back and it's another value chance.
RemarksAnother field which should have many win possibilities
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.80Place1 3 $ 1.40Place2 5 $ 3.50Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 3:5 $ 18.30Trifecta 3:5:4 $ 119.90First4 3:5:4:10 $ 1676.40Double 1/3+ $ 10.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - THANK YOU TO OUR VOLUNTEERSTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Bruegel F: 26518B(3) W(58)( T- Nigel Tiley )PlacedDividend : $2.00Needs to turn around its last start failure but it didn't have all luck in running.Main Danger6 Fullinbloom F: 0X442B(9) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Joanne Surgenor )Capped off some solid form with a good placing last start. Needs to win a race shortly, however, and this could be it. Nice chance.Next Best4 Memories Only F: 28427B(5) W(58)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Linda Laing )WonDividends : $8.20 $2.40Gets the benefit of a 3kg claimer in the saddle. Twice-placed from its last five starts and that's good form coming into this.Include in Multis7 Lady Sequoyah F: 1519XB(2) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Two-time winner from its last four. Gets a good run from the draw and it's trained on the track. Should help.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'14 Toitoi F: 20703B(7) W(54)Owns good barrier speed and it could lead them a merry chase. Chance again.
RemarksOne of the better betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.20Place1 4 $ 2.40Place2 7 $ 2.60Place3 3 $ 2.00Quinella 4:7 $ 24.60Trifecta 4:7:3 $ 255.50First4 4:7:3:6 $ 705.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - MID WINTER CHRISTMAS JUNE 29 & JULY 13 MAIDENTime: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Chapeau F: X2274B(10) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Likely to get back during the run and make a late run at them. Needs some luck and it could turn around some moderate form.Main Danger4 Claiborne F: 4B(11) W(58.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $2.70Did enough on debut to suggest it will be winning a race shortly. Has more upside than many of these.Next Best3 Mighty Aslan F: 73294B(7) W(58.5)WonDividends : $4.90 $1.70Has been there or thereabouts. Only needs to get the right run in transit to finish over the top of them at nice odds.Include in Multis1 Highland Dancer F: 20353B(1) W(58.5)( J- Grant Cooksley )( T- Wallace/Cooksley )Going well with a couple of recent placings. Gets the inside draw and every chance to win.Longer Odds6 Go For Dough F: 360X9B(2) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Jacqui Fillmore )That was a nice performance on its return from a break - extra distance will suit too
RemarksShould be a competitive affair to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.90Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 1.70Place3 4 $ 2.70Quinella 3:8 $ 10.50Trifecta 3:8:4 $ 107.20First4 3:8:4:2 $ 1523.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%