Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LINDAUER MAIDEN 1000Time: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Kitchener F:B(6) W(55.5)Short odds on offer but it's tough to overlook this customer. Three trials for three wins and only bad luck would stop it.Main Danger6 Awareness F:B(5) W(55.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $4.70 $1.60Gets in nicely on the weights at 52.5kg with the 3kg claim. Nicely bred and showed enough at the trials to win.Next Best4 O'Jessica F: 7B(4) W(55.5)Has race day experience which is positive. There's plenty of improvement to come and we're expecting a better result.Include in Multis5 Regal Duchess F: 8X6B(1) W(55.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Rae/Williams-Tuhoro )PlacedDividend : $4.30Has two starts where it didn't show much, but there is support in the betting. Inside draw helps and it gets a 1kg claimer.Longer Odds1 Jaydeear F:B(2) W(57.5)( T- Rick Wells )Trial winner which could run over the odds.
RemarksA small field of mostly debutantes in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.70Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 4.30Quinella 5:6 $ 23.20Trifecta 6:5:4 $ 120.00First4 6:5:4:1 $ 448.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NORTHLAND WASTE MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Lord Polonius F: 28X34B(5) W(58.5)Has been well backed to win this season but hasn't come up with the goods. Gets its best chance to break through here. Home track helps.Main Danger5 Ripped F:B(2) W(57)WonDividends : $3.60 $2.20Bred to show some speed and that was evident in a recent trial. Meets a solid field on debut but it has more potential than most.Next Best6 Shipshape F: 634X5B(4) W(56.5)Didn't quite get a good run in transit last start, but battled on well enough. Drawn well and punters are getting good odds.Include in Multis4 Well Chosen F: 89X4B(3) W(57)Better run for fourth last start and it shouldn't be too far away from them. Worth including.Longer Odds7 Melusina F:B(1) W(56.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )On debut and it gets the inside draw to jump from. Trial form has been solid and it could add some value.
RemarksNot much between the majority of this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.60Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 2 $ 2.20Quinella 2:5 $ 9.30Trifecta 5:2:4 $ 64.50First4 5:2:4:7 $ 478.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - JOHNCO FENCE HIRE MAIDEN 2200Time: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Way South F: 4483B(2) W(58.5)Better run for third last time out and it gets every chance to win this. Nicely drawn and gets 3kg coming off its back. Value runner.Main Danger1 Navel Affair F: 663B(3) W(58.5)Another which took a couple of runs to show its best. Handy third placing last start and it should be breaking through soon.Next Best5 Hvar F: 80X76B(8) W(58.5)Running out of chances but should find this find a little easier than recent targets. We're prepared to give only one more chance.Include in Multis6 Prince Solari F: 08X56B(7) W(58.5)( T- Davina Waddell )PlacedDividend : $1.90Gets its home track and it could battle away nicely. There is solid betting support and that's a good sign. Keep safe.Longer Odds7 Meant To Be F: 77789B(6) W(58.5)( T- John Steffert )Just battling at the moment but this is a field where improvement should come.
RemarksMany of these should break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 18.80Place1 9 $ 4.10Place2 6 $ 1.90Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 6:9 $ 91.30Trifecta 9:6:4 $ 1147.10First4 9:6:4:2 $ 3968.40Double 5/9 $ 42.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HIREPOOL MAIDEN 1400Time: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Playsameanpinball F: 52B(8) W(57)( T- Steven Cole )Much better run when flashing home for second last time out. Tricky draw but it should be very tough to hold out. Big chance.Main Danger8 Spelterini F: 64373B(4) W(56.5)( T- Davina Waddell )WonDividends : $5.50 $1.90Two placings from its last three starts. Looks a type which could go to the next level now and break through for the maiden win.Next Best3 Remember O'Reilly F: 4B(3) W(58.5)( T- Chris Wood )Did enough when fourth on debut to suggest it could win here. Drawn well and punters are getting fair each-way odds.Include in Multis9 Sepella F: 8277XB(2) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Returns from a spell after running a couple of disappointing sevenths last campaign. Ran second prior to that, so consider on that.Longer Odds2 Burton F: 53376B(6) W(58.5)( T- M, M & M Rogers )The ability is there. Just needs to put the mind on the job. Nice odds on offer.
RemarksLooks another competitive maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 5.50Place1 8 $ 1.90Place2 9 $ 1.60Place3 10 $ 2.00Quinella 8:9 $ 9.90Trifecta 8:9:10 $ 118.30First4 8:9:10:5 $ 282.10Treble 5/9/8 $ 535.30Quaddie 6/5/9/8 $ 2985.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (5) Playsameanpinball(8) SpelteriniR5 (1) Jimmy James(2) Fluorobus (3) CameahotfridayR6 (2) Annie Okay(6) Boogie Easy (9) Annie's SongR7 (1) Five Fortune(9) Leitrim Lad (14) Shotgun SallyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CORESTEEL BUILDINGS 1600Time: 4:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jimmy James F: 0X127B(6) W(59)WonDividends : $3.20 $2.10Didn't fire last start but that was an impressive win fresh up. Has more ability than most here and that could show against this field.Main Danger3 Cameahotfriday F: 65675B(3) W(58)( T- Ralph Manning )Form doesn't look that great but it's rarely too far away from the prize. Gets a good chance to score an overdue win here.Next Best2 Fluorobus F: 4X043B(2) W(58.5)Put the writing on the wall when third last start. Could continue that progression and it won't get a better chance to win.Include in Multis5 Fast Summer Rock F: 8X17B(5) W(55)Scored an impressive win fresh up but didn't fire a shot last start. Could have suffered from second-up syndrome, so don't drop just yet.Longer Odds4 Highland Dancer F: 0X100B(1) W(57.5)( T- Wallace/Cooksley )PlacedDividend : $3.50Has won this campaign so consider with something similar to that.
RemarksLooks a competitive field and market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.20Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 4 $ 3.50Quinella 1:4 $ 15.70Trifecta 1:4:2 $ 82.30First4 1:4:2:5 $ 240.30Double 8/1+ $ 14.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CORONA 1400Time: 4:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Annie's Song F: 1757B(1) W(56)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Couldn't have been more impressive on debut. Hasn't had much luck since but gets every chance off the inside draw here. Should be going close.Main Danger2 Annie Okay F: 28670B(2) W(58)( T- S & E Clotworthy )We could see an Annie quinella. Last few starts haven't been great but the ability is there and an inside draw is ideal. Should improve.Next Best6 Boogie Easy F: 42166B(10) W(57)Impressed when winning earlier this campaign. Only fair since and is drawn wide, but it comes into this with some luck. Consider.Include in Multis7 Sonofabutcher F: 17B(12) W(57)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Kim Knight )PlacedDividend : $2.70Debut winner which could get back to that form. Just needs some early luck from the draw.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Cologne F: 0176XB(3) W(56)PlacedDividend : $6.00Nice odds on offer if it can show something fresh up.
RemarksOne of the better fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.10Place1 9 $ 1.20Place2 10 $ 6.00Place3 7 $ 2.70Quinella 9:10 $ 47.20Trifecta 9:10:7 $ 479.50First4 9:10:7:6 $ 1490.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - INTERISLANDER FESTIVAL RUAKAKA-JAN 4 MDN 1600Time: 5:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Five Fortune F: 32B(5) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Looks a good chance after consecutive placings to open its career. Has been heavily-backed to win and we're expecting a top effort.Main Danger14 Shotgun Sally F: 57B(9) W(55)WonDividends : $3.90 $1.30Runs on its home track and although the first two starts have been moderate, it ran room for improvement. Consider at the each-way odds.Next Best9 Leitrim Lad F: X2027B(3) W(57)( T- Eamonn Green )Rarely too far away and it has finished second in two of its four runs this season. Worth sticking with.Include in Multis5 Coruba Jak F: 8B(6) W(58.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Patsy Riley )PlacedDividend : $2.90Fair effort on debut but there is good betting support. Would suggest an improved run is coming.Longer Odds8 Paul's Super Ariki F: 0X569B(2) W(58.5)( T- Chris Wood )Chance with some luck in running.
RemarksThe favourite has been well-backed to win
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 3.90Place1 14 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 5 $ 2.90Quinella 1:14 $ 3.80Trifecta 14:1:5 $ 74.80First4 14:1:5:12 $ 398.10Double 9+/14 $ 11.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 8, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%