Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TOTAL TRANSPORT TAUPO MAIDEN 1800Time: 11:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Luminous F: 223X2B(9) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.40 $1.10Has been knocking on the door for awhile now after four consecutive placings. Has the foot on the till and looks likely to break through.Main Danger7 Global Diamond F: 65853B(4) W(56.5)Has been expensive this campaign but the ability is there. Gets out to nice odds now and punters could recoup their losses.Next Best6 The Last Tsunami F: 8X702B(14) W(56.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Nigel Elliott )Much-improved run for second last start and it could continue with its improved form. Drawn deep but gets some weight off its back.Include in Multis1 Atom Ant F: 7X854B(2) W(58.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Karyn McQuade )Getting better this time in and has a 3kg claimer in the saddle. Nice odds on offer here so include for value.Longer Odds5 Acacia F: 2270XB(7) W(56.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )Chance to show some form fresh up.
RemarksVery well-backed runner in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.40Place1 4 $ 1.10Place2 2 $ 3.40Place3 14 $ 9.30Quinella 2:4 $ 7.50Trifecta 4:2:14 $ 217.50First4 4:2:14:5 $ 2699.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - DPA CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS 1300Time: 12:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Scotch F: 164X4B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Has shown good ability throughout its career and could make a winning resumption here. Drawn well and it should be right around the mark.Main Danger12 Poinsettia F: 13X8XB(4) W(56.5)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- John Bell )Disappointing at its only start last campaign. Was put away after that, patiently handled and that could pay off here. Chance.Next Best13 Familia F: 19X4B(10) W(54.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $2.70Impressive winner on debut before taking on some slick fields. Tricky draw but gets into the race light and that could make the difference.Include in Multis2 Leaderboard F: 2331XB(1) W(59)Closed its campaign with a last-start win. A touch one-paced but puts itself in the race and Opie is riding. Include.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Flying Trapeze F: L731XB(11) W(58.5)Can upset them at odds.
RemarksSome nice types kicking off their campaign
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 16.30Place1 11 $ 4.50Place2 13 $ 2.70Place3 9 $ 1.50Quinella 11:13 $ 56.60Trifecta 11:13:9 $ 507.60First4 11:13:9:2 $ 1807.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TAUPO VETERINARY CENTRE MAIDEN 1300Time: 1:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Flashdance F: 8X032B(9) W(57.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- M & K Murdoch )Knocking on the door after consecutive placings this campaign. Gets 2kg off its back and it has found a winnable race. Chance.Main Danger12 Travelling Light F:B(13) W(55)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Ben Foote )WonDividends : $5.90 $2.40On debut and has drawn wide, but there is some confidence in the market. Has looked solid at the trials and should run well here.Next Best5 Out Of The Park F: 53269B(3) W(57.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Tony Pike )Has plenty of experience and should have won a race by now. Drawn well and it usually shows good barrier speed. Chance.Include in Multis1 Baby Face F: 5225XB(10) W(57.5)( J- Jason Waddell )PlacedDividend : $2.20Looked likely to score a maiden win last time in work. Went close and a win here wouldn't surprise many. Chance.Longer Odds7 Simona F: 3B(1) W(57.5)Fair effort on debut so include here at odds.
RemarksLooks an even field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.90Place1 12 $ 2.40Place2 9 $ 6.10Place3 1 $ 2.20Quinella 9:12 $ 80.40Trifecta 12:9:1 $ 764.70First4 12:9:1:7 $ 2875.00Double 11/12 $ 48.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CELEBRATING MELODY BELLE MAIDENTime: 1:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick16 Lilikoi F: 64XB(5) W(54)WonDividends : $2.80 $1.50Showed potential last campaign and it had its supporters. Has been well-backed to win again here and this isn't a hard field to beat.Main Danger8 Spirited F: 7205XB(3) W(56.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )Mixed its form last campaign but did show glimpses of quality form. Gets the gun run from barrier four and that brings it into contention.Next Best3 Hierarchy F:B(9) W(58.5)Has been given eight trials for this. Has looked good in those but that's a lot of trials! Might need the run, but it's firm in the betting so consider.Include in Multis7 Fine Leg F: 5345XB(7) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Lee Somervell )Just in behind the winners last start and wasn't far away at all. Doesn't need to improve too much to take this out.Longer Odds5 Sahalainn F:B(11) W(58.5)( J- Craig Grylls )PlacedDividend : $5.30Drawn awkwardly but could fire on debut.
RemarksWide open maiden with good odds throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 2.80Place1 16 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 5.30Place3 17 $ 2.70Quinella 5:16 $ 31.40Trifecta 16:5:17 $ 342.30First4 16:5:17:3 $ 2396.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - JUMP JOCKEY'S SEND IT MAIDENTime: 2:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Excitonic F:B(4) W(57.5)Has looked solid at the trials and it has the breeding to suggest a winning run won't be far away. Stable is firing and it's drawn well.Main Danger7 Rhapsody In Blue F: 24B(3) W(55.5)WonDividends : $5.50 $1.90Has had the benefit of race day experience. Drawn nicely in barrier three and it should settle close and kick strongly.Next Best5 Sig Positano F:B(6) W(57.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Grant Nicholson )Performed well at the trials and it could make a winning debut. Looks a strong type in the making. Include.Include in Multis2 Red Hussar F: 3B(7) W(57.5)Close up on debut and the extra distance should be ideal. Has race day experience and that helps against the debutantes.Longer Odds8 Miradello F: 39X5B(8) W(55.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lance Noble )PlacedDividend : $2.70Allowing it one more chance to impress.
RemarksThe form out of this will stack up nicely
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.50Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 6 $ 7.80Place3 8 $ 2.70Quinella 6:7 $ 118.90Trifecta 7:6:8 $ 1197.00First4 7:6:8:1 $ 4732.00Double 16+/7 $ 8.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - INGLIS READY 2 RACE SALE OCTOBER 22NDTime: 2:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Guillada F: 7114XB(2) W(58)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Bryce Newman )WonDividends : $6.50 $2.40Good enough to win consecutive races when last in work. That form should hold up nicely and although short of its best, it should go close.Main Danger2 Paisley Park F: 32432B(4) W(60)Not lacking fitness and that could play a big factor here. Good effort for second last time out and it should push them close at nice odds.Next Best8 Prise De Fer F: 2658XB(11) W(58)PlacedDividend : $2.00Didn't quite end its campaign the way it would have liked. Better for the experience and there is ability in the legs. Goes close with luck from out wide.Include in Multis15 Queen Of The Air F: X10X9B(7) W(55)Missed the jump last start and its chances were done. Needs to land on the speed and it can give a good kick. Rebound chance.Longer Odds19 Ricky Baker F: 257X7B(3) W(55)( T- Kylie Fawcett )Kylie Fawcett's runner was very unlucky last time, being hampered 150m out. Course winner twice and good draw
RemarksHuge odds on offer across the board
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.50Place1 7 $ 2.40Place2 5 $ 4.50Place3 8 $ 2.00Quinella 5:7 $ 48.20Trifecta 7:5:8 $ 523.50First4 7:5:8:9 $ 6447.10Treble 16+/7/7 $ 134.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Paisley Park(7) Guillada (8) Prise De FerR7 (4) Amal Rose(5) Blitzabeel (6) Seven SeasR8 (7) Whispering Wind(8) Burgundy Rose (10) Acting UpR9 (1) Battle Royal(3) Defibrillate (7) Van Diamond (10) TuigirlQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 8, 15, 19RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - GET SET EVENT HIRE 1300Time: 3:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Amal Rose F: 3XB(1) W(55.5)( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.40Handy third on debut as a juvenile and it's bred to be much better than average. Has strengthened up and could run well. Has been well backed.Main Danger6 Seven Seas F: 3XB(3) W(55.5)( T- Tony Pike )Solid effort on debut for third. Another runner which would have appreciated the run. Money coming for it throughout the week.Next Best5 Blitzabeel F: 3X5B(4) W(55.5)Didn't quite blitz them last start but was close enough to warrant attention here. Drawn to the outside of the favourites. Should go close.Include in Multis12 Flying Habit F:B(7) W(55.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Lowry/Cullen )On debut and there has been some support for this. That's a good sign so follow the betting for a guide.Longer Odds3 Blue Ocean F:B(8) W(57.5)( T- Toby Autridge )PlacedDividend : $4.10Could fire nicely here and it gets 1kg off its back.
RemarksAnother quality field with good form
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 14.30Place1 10 $ 3.30Place2 4 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 4.10Quinella 4:10 $ 20.00Trifecta 10:4:3 $ 483.50First4 10:4:3:1 $ 2633.00Double 7/10 $ 65.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HOUSE OF TRAVEL TAUPO MAIDEN 1100Time: 4:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Burgundy Rose F: 2XB(5) W(54)( J- Matthew Cameron )PlacedDividend : $1.50Nice effort for second on debut and it should come back a better horse. 54kg on the back and that's going to make it tough to handle.Main Danger7 Whispering Wind F: 34XB(11) W(56)Needs a lot of luck from out deep, but it has the talent. Showed good form last season so consider here.Next Best10 Acting Up F: 40XB(1) W(54)( J- Danielle Johnson )Showed good pace when fourth on debut but didn't have much luck last time out. Better than that and it's worth another go.Include in Multis16 Top Brass F:B(6) W(58.5)WonDividends : $14.30 $3.10On debut and Opie rides. Has won 1 of 3 trials so has to be consideredLonger Odds4 Craftyaffair F: 5366XB(2) W(56.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- E & D Browne )PlacedDividend : $2.80Runs at nice odds and it could attract punters' attention here. Gets a good run in transit and it could fire.
RemarksHuge field and it's big on value odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 14.30Place1 16 $ 3.10Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 2.80Quinella 8:16 $ 18.40Trifecta 16:8:4 $ 293.30First4 16:8:4:14 $ 2529.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 7, 8, 10, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - FARMLANDS TAUPO STAYERS 1800Time: 4:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Defibrillate F: 81B(4) W(59)WonDividends : $3.70 $1.80Impressive win last time out and it could continue with that form. Hoping not to give any punters a heart attack here. Top chance.Main Danger10 Tuigirl F: 170X5B(8) W(56)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Lowry/Cullen )Looks to have a nice future. Fair fifth last time out and at its best, it would test most of these. Right in this.Next Best7 Van Diamond F: 92826B(6) W(57)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Shane Crawford )Finding it tough to win a race but has been running nicely enough. Drawn well and it should go close.Include in Multis1 Battle Royal F: 98002B(12) W(60)( T- P & J Brosnan )Much-improved run for second last time out. Tough draw but it could run another good race here. Each-way odds on offer.Longer Odds6 Thousand Stars F: 6713XB(9) W(57)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Danica Guy )Good win two back and a similar run sees it going close.
RemarksGood race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.70Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 12 $ 9.20Place3 9 $ 9.20Quinella 3:12 $ 100.50Trifecta 3:12:9 $ 2916.10First4 3:12:9:4 $ 5818.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%