Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KING HONEY TAUPO GALLOP MAIDEN 1800Time: 12:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Foogayzee F: X5642B(11) W(57)( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.30Sprinted nicely to narrowly miss last time out. Looks to have a maiden win coming soon and this is a good chance.Main Danger8 Mongolian Dynasty F: 433B(6) W(57)( J- Jonathan Riddell )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.30Hasn't done much wrong to date, which includes consecutive third placings. Drawn better than the favourite so consider.Next Best1 Touch The Clouds F: 44433B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Has been up for a while now but continues to run solid races. Drawing barrier 12 hurts but it is knocking on the door. Win chance.Include in Multis3 Ceardai F: 6B(3) W(58.5)( T- Keith Hawtin )Didn't have all the luck in the world on debut. Expecting better now and there is good money coming. Include for value.Longer Odds2 Yulong Lanson F: 805XB(8) W(58.5)( T- Kevin Myers )Always have time for the Yulong runners. Chance at upset odds.
RemarksOpen field in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.00Place1 8 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 7 $ 1.30Quinella 1:8 $ 6.70Trifecta 8:1:7 $ 25.00First4 8:1:7:3 $ 65.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - KINLOCH TROPHY RACE 1200Time: 12:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Willpower F: 26X8XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Opie Bosson )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.90Good money coming for it. Had only the one run last campaign but has shown ability in the past and should go well.Main Danger4 Vibrato F: 610XB(3) W(58)Looked good winning two back before disappointing last start. Better than that and the smallish field should help its chances.Next Best8 Riverfalls F: 32941B(6) W(56)Hit top gear when winning last start. Took some time to get that win and now it could kick on with it. The 3kg coming off its back helps.Include in Multis11 Akoya Pearl F: 03865B(1) W(55.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Long overdue a winning turn. Helped by the 4kg coming off its back and the inside draw. Should be improving significantly.Longer Odds9 Craftyaffair F: 21784B(8) W(56)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- E & D Browne )Worth including at the odds.
RemarksNot much covering this field top to bottom
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.60Place1 3 $ 1.90Place2 12 $ 2.20Place3 6 $ 2.10Quinella 3:12 $ 14.00Trifecta 3:12:6 $ 170.90First4 3:12:6:8 $ 492.20Double 8/3+ $ 13.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - STARLIGHT CINEMA CENTRE MAIDEN 1300Time: 1:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'12 Rail Queen F: 33B(1) W(55)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )With the inside draw, Rail Queen could live up to its name. Hasn't done much wrong to date and gets its chance against an even field.Main Danger7 Jojo Roxx F: X9355B(2) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Drawn barrier two and it should be able to camp on the speed. Good enough to win this maiden and pay nice odds in the process.Next Best14 Sacred Caga F:B(7) W(55)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.60On debut and it's in the right hands. Has shown form at the trials and carrying 55kg is a bonus. Chance.Include in Multis8 Let Me Tell Ya F: 43394B(3) W(56.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.50Yet to be too far away from the prize. Is threatening to win a race and it has faced harder fields in the past. Consider.Longer Odds3 Namjong Namjong F: 0000XB(8) W(58.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )Could turn its poor form around.
RemarksForm should stack up out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 3.20Place1 15 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 14 $ 2.60Quinella 8:15 $ 5.20Trifecta 15:8:14 $ 59.00First4 15:8:14:12 $ 139.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 7, 8, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - GRAEME THOMSON ANTIQUE JEWELLERY MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Brahma Sunset F: 2B(5) W(55.5)( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.20Nice effort on debut when running second at Hastings. Little wrong with that form and it has been nicely backed to score.Main Danger7 Starring Role F: 0X224B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Has raced against some tough maiden fields throughout its career. The support is there and we wouldn't be surprised to see it win.Next Best9 Zouluminous F: 35B(6) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.40Yet to be too far away in two runs to date. Gets right down in the weights and should be paying value odds.Include in Multis10 Azafran F: 84846B(11) W(55.5)Needs a confidence boost but exiting maiden grades should be a realistic goal. Just needs some luck to go its way.Longer Odds13 Sweet Fields F: 8X6B(2) W(55.5)Better than what it has been showing. Include at odds.
RemarksA few types in this could go on with it
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 2.60Place1 8 $ 1.20Place2 7 $ 1.30Place3 9 $ 2.40Quinella 7:8 $ 2.30Trifecta 8:7:9 $ 23.20First4 8:7:9:13 $ 90.30Double 15+/8 $ 8.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's7, 8, 9, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - VALACHI DOWNS 1400Time: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 She's Not Bad F: 17X65B(2) W(60.5)WonDividends : $3.80 $2.20Better than what it has been showing this campaign. 3kg comes off its back and there is plenty of talent in those legs. Goes close.Main Danger5 Langkawi F: 97549B(3) W(57.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Needs to turn some moderate performances around but it has ability on its day. Drawn well and it could go forward and go close.Next Best3 Shezathinka F: 0X31XB(1) W(59)( J- Joe Kamaruddin )PlacedDividend : $3.20Last-start winner which gets 4kg off its back. Gets the inside draw and punters are getting each-way odds. Tough to beat.Include in Multis2 Stand Tall F: 46516B(4) W(59.5)Has been around the mark lately, which includes a win. Chance here.Longer Odds7 Honesty F: 410X8B(6) W(55.5)Doesn't always run up to its best level. However, it has ability.
RemarksGreat betting field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.80Place1 1 $ 2.20Place2 3 $ 3.20Quinella 1:3 $ 9.10Trifecta 1:3:5 $ 53.40First4 1:3:5:2 $ 227.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) She's Not Bad(3) Shezathinka (5) LangkawiR6 (6) Its So Easy(11) FestivityR7 (1) Cutting Up Rough(5) Hay Tiger (8) Daytona RedR8 (2) Uncle Bro(3) Flourishing (7) Savastep (11) PetrabellaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - J.SWAP CONTRACTORS LTD MAIDEN 1100Time: 3:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Festivity F:B(8) W(55)WonDividends : $1.50 $1.10Bred for speed and has shown that speed at the trials. The odds aren't appealing but it could boost multibet payouts.Main Danger6 Its So Easy F: 4X3B(7) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )PlacedDividend : $1.40Better run for third last time out and it could continue running in that vein of form. Value chance.Next Best1 Snip F: 420X2B(5) W(58.5)( T- Stephanie Tierney )Weight comes off its back and it looked good when second last time out. Drifting in the betting but it shouldn't be too far away.Include in Multis9 Aeroette F: 0X555B(2) W(55)( T- Stephen Marsh )Three consecutive fifth placings in a row. 53kg on the back and the odds on offer are generous. Chance.Longer Odds2 Major Billy Lister F: 02298B(10) W(58.5)( T- Bill Pomare )Has early speed and it should be right around the mark.
RemarksStrong money coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 1.50Place1 11 $ 1.10Place2 7 $ 4.30Place3 6 $ 1.40Quinella 7:11 $ 16.30Trifecta 11:7:6 $ 66.50First4 11:7:6:3 $ 513.20Double 1+/11+ $ 5.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - HARCOURTS TAUPO CUP WITH FASTTRACK $5K 2000Time: 3:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Cutting Up Rough F: 12271B(1) W(60)Bounced back to winning form last time out and getting the inside draw is ideal. Should prove tough to beat again.Main Danger5 Hay Tiger F: 19153B(9) W(58)( J- Darren Danis )Two wins from its last five starts. Rarely too far away from the prize and punters are getting good odds. Chance.Next Best8 Daytona Red F: 461X3B(8) W(55.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Needed the run last time out and it was a solid effort for third. Has upside and should be able to run close.Include in Multis13 Polzeath F: 65613B(5) W(54)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $2.80Talented at best and carrying the light weight is a bonus. Nice odds and it's a recent winner. Win hope again.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'12 Soda F: 11071B(10) W(54)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Darryn Weatherley )Hugged the rail to win last start. Include for value.
RemarksMany each-way chances in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.70Place1 4 $ 2.90Place2 11 $ 3.60Place3 13 $ 2.80Quinella 4:11 $ 53.20Trifecta 4:11:13 $ 1042.00First4 4:11:13:2 $ 7106.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 8, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - FARMSOURCE-ECOLAB 1800Time: 4:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Uncle Bro F: X0632B(6) W(58.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )PlacedDividend : $1.80Looks close to a win after posting two placings from its last two starts. The money is there and we're expecting a good run.Main Danger7 Savastep F: 26X52B(4) W(56.5)Quality type which should have won more races than it has. Gets its chance here and despite the betting drift, it should go close.Next Best3 Flourishing F: 5X343B(5) W(58)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.60Getting closer to a win after two placings this season. Has been best-backed to win and that's a good sign.Include in Multis11 Petrabella F: 7X206B(3) W(55.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $1.80Not the most consistent type running around but the ability is there. Lighter weight should be ideal. Include.Longer Odds9 Torque Straight F: X7519B(11) W(56.5)( T- E & D Browne )Recent winner with upside.
RemarksQuality field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.10Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 11 $ 1.80Quinella 2:3 $ 12.50Trifecta 3:2:11 $ 86.10First4 3:2:11:7 $ 262.10Double 4/3 $ 25.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%