Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KIWIKONTRACTORS MAIDENTime: 1:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Ronaldo's Dream F: 54B(2) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.20Out of the in-form Richards stable. Has had the benefit of race-day starts and it was an encouraging sign last start. Drawn ideally.Main Danger1 Manrico F: 0X203B(4) W(58.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.70Another which owns plenty of experience. Handy placings this time in and although it can run the odd bad race, this should be up its alley.Next Best2 Ruiz F: 6XB(3) W(58.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ross McCarroll )Didn't do too much wrong on debut and it should come back a stronger type. Gets some weight off its back and that will help.Include in Multis4 Faltonius F:B(6) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )Will get better with time and it hasn't been too far away at the trials. Nice odds on offer here and it could add some value.Longer Odds6 Parkview F:B(1) W(58.5)( T- Carl Henderson )Gets the inside draw so consider at long odds.
RemarksMany of these could break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.30Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 1.20Place3 3 $ 4.80Quinella 1:8 $ 5.20Trifecta 1:8:3 $ 209.60First4 1:8:3:2 $ 1054.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - ASCOT FARM MAIDENTime: 1:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Wild West F: 2B(1) W(57.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Danica Guy )PlacedDividend : $1.40Would have learned plenty from its second placing on debut. Drawn well here and it could use the rails and kick in the straight. Nice chance.Main Danger3 Whispering Wind F: 34X5B(4) W(57.5)( J- Michael Coleman )Handy third placing on debut and hasn't been disgraced since. Looks to get a good run and there is good betting support coming.Next Best6 Cinzento F: 48X36B(9) W(55.5)( T- John Bary )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.50Tough barrier of 12 but it looked good fresh up and battled well enough last time out. Needs luck but has the talent.Include in Multis8 Acting Up F: 40X0B(5) W(55.5)Disappointing last time out but could rebound nicely here. Backed as if it will improve so keep an eye on the markets.Longer Odds10 Pokuru Grace F: 6X5B(2) W(55.5)( T- Mark Brooks )Likely to improve after running nicely last start. Goes into the mix.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.60Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 18 $ 3.00Quinella 1:6 $ 6.20Trifecta 6:1:18 $ 102.80First4 6:1:18:8 $ 623.90Double 1/6+ $ 18.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDENTime: 2:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'11 Aalaalune F: 24X20B(10) W(55)( J- Trudy Thornton )Has form in much harder races but it has been tough to follow to date. Needs to get the maiden win ticked off. That could come here.Main Danger6 Recension F: 3057XB(2) W(57.5)( T- Mark Blackie )Backed as if there's no tomorrow. Showed some speed last campaign and it has been a serious betting move from double-figure odds.Next Best3 Soft Hearted F: 08X2B(1) W(57.5)( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $2.30Drawn the rails and is coming off a much-improved second placing last time out. Each-way odds on offer are value.Include in Multis1 Rip Em Up F: 4455XB(7) W(57.5)Another runner which has been taking on much harder fields. Likely to get back in the run and hope for a strong tempo up front.Longer Odds5 Simona F: 34B(8) W(57.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )WonDividends : $22.80 $5.10Nothing wrong with its efforts to date. In the mix.
RemarksSome high-profile runners in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 22.80Place1 5 $ 5.10Place2 3 $ 2.30Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 3:5 $ 41.10Trifecta 5:3:4 $ 474.90First4 5:3:4:11 $ 3104.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - PITCH SPORTS BAR & LUCKY LIZARD MAIDENTime: 2:49 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Kylie Bax F: 23XB(6) W(56.5)WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50The good-looker of the race. Showed good ability against some nice types last season and it maps nicely for this. Top chance in a tough race.Main Danger1 Hierarchy F: 4B(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Looked good at the trials and battled away nicely on debut. Drawn well here and it has attracted the attention of Opie. Goes close.Next Best7 Duraaj F:B(13) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )Likely to handle conditions and run a nice race on debut. Trial form has been solid and it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis5 Craftyaffair F: 366X3B(7) W(56.5)( T- E & D Browne )PlacedDividend : $2.00Has the experience edge over the well-backed runners. Handy third placing when fresh and it could kick on with it now.Longer Odds3 Thunder F:B(10) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Mark Lupton )Could thunder down the outside. Gets a claimer in the saddle to help.
RemarksEach way odds throughout this market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.10Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.30Quinella 5:6 $ 10.40Trifecta 6:5:1 $ 33.10First4 6:5:1:14 $ 144.20Double 5/6+ $ 44.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - STARLIGHT CINEMA CENTRETime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 The Fugitive F: 129X5B(5) W(56.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- John Bary )Nicely backed after showing good speed against a good field last start. Drawn well enough and it could return to winning form.Main Danger2 Top Brass F: 1B(9) W(59)WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70Top effort on debut and it's likely to kick on with it now. Drawn awkwardly in barrier 10 so just requires some luck.Next Best12 Lilikoi F: 64X1B(3) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Lived up to expectations with a win last time out. Could be a nice spring performaner and the light weight makes it easier.Include in Multis7 Lady Lira F: 7X42XB(10) W(57)( J- Lynsey Satherley )Has only two runs last campaign, capped off with a handy second placing. Drawn wide but it could sit off them and come home late.Longer Odds11 Maybeashowoff F: 57X75B(1) W(55.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- David Greene )Might head forward from the inside draw and kick strongly.
RemarksPlenty of good form spread throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.20Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 12 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 4.30Quinella 2:12 $ 8.70Trifecta 2:12:3 $ 169.00First4 2:12:3:11 $ 1504.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Top Brass(7) Lady Lira (9) The Fugitive (12) LilikoiR6 (4) Shadow Runner(6) Burgundy RoseR7 (3) Blood Warrior(4) Bolt From The BlueR8 (5) Acacia(7) Verbier (12) Zareeba (13) Gone WestQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - GENERATION HOMES TAUPO MAIDENTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Burgundy Rose F: 2X2B(2) W(55.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.30Has had the benefit of having two race day starts. Both were solid second placings and it could go one better here. Drawn well and the claim helps.Main Danger4 Shadow Runner F:B(5) W(57.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Tony Pike )On debut after showing plenty of speed at the trials. In the right hands here and there has been good money placed.Next Best2 Patch Prince F: 636XB(7) W(57.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Handy third placing two back and although well beaten last start, there was some merit in that performance. Nice odds on offer.Include in Multis14 Qiji Melody F: 8XB(9) W(55.5)Didn't fire on debut but will have strengthened up nicely from that run. Runs at big odds and it could feature.Longer Odds10 Double Expresso F:B(3) W(55.5)Bred to show early speed and it could add some value.
RemarksCould be some smart types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.40Place1 6 $ 1.30Place2 8 $ 2.50Place3 12 $ 9.00Quinella 6:8 $ 17.60Trifecta 6:8:12 $ 485.50First4 6:8:12:14 $ 3707.50Double 2/6 $ 7.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 10, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - PLACEMAKERS TAUPOTime: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Blood Warrior F: 1X13XB(4) W(58)( T- Mark Blackie )PlacedDividend : $1.40Looked well above average last season. Beaten last start but was hardly disgraced. Two wins prior were top class. Nice type in the making.Main Danger4 Bolt From The Blue F: 9626XB(7) W(58)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Tony Pike )Should enjoy running in this grade after facing some strong fields to date. Owns good tactical speed and it has each-way value.Next Best7 Pierina F: X420XB(2) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Stable is starting to find form. Looked good at times last season and its best could see it run close. Worth including.Include in Multis2 Ottavio F: 62320B(10) W(59)( J- Rahul Beemud )Should enjoy the 4kg coming off its back. Form prior to its last start was good so go with that.Longer Odds5 Fortune Patch F: X9455B(5) W(58)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Not far away to date and it could add some value.
RemarksGood money with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 26.10Place1 1 $ 4.70Place2 3 $ 1.40Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 1:3 $ 23.70Trifecta 1:3:7 $ 346.50First4 1:3:7:5 $ 3158.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - HIGGINS TAUPO MAIDENTime: 5:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Verbier F: 54X54B(4) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Getting close to a win after some solid efforts this time in. Drawn well and the odds are appealing here.Main Danger12 Zareeba F: 089B(7) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Hasn't done anything to date but there has been some specking in the betting with Opie riding. Rising in distance should help.Next Best13 Gone West F: 55B(8) W(56)( T- E & D Browne )Not too far away when fifth in two starts to date. Each-way odds on offer and that could attract some interest.Include in Multis5 Acacia F: 270X4B(10) W(56.5)Returned to form with a last-start fourth. Tricky draw but it could find some cover and go close here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Man Power F: 57854B(2) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Has fitness under its belt and that could help.
RemarksEach-way types throughout the field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 23.40Place1 6 $ 5.90Place2 11 $ 4.40Place3 12 $ 2.70Quinella 6:11 $ 118.00Trifecta 6:11:12 $ 2414.80First4 6:11:12:7 $ 7600.60Double 1/6 $ 165.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%