Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - GARTSHORE CONSTRUCTION 1200Time: 11:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Universal Stars F:B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Has taken its time to get to the races, but the patience could pay off. Looked handy the trials, so it goes on top.Main Danger3 Pango F: 7X78XB(3) W(58.5)Didn't quite live up to expectations last time in work but it's better than that. Could show that here.Next Best1 Snip F: 20X27B(2) W(58.5)( T- Stephanie Tierney )PlacedDividend : $2.00Needs to rebound after a poor run last start, but it should find this easier. Looked good when second fresh up.Include in Multis6 Sheeznoteasy F: 0X44XB(4) W(56.5)( T- Jim Pender )Gets down in the weights after the claim. Doesn't need to improve too much to take this out.Longer Odds8 Crimson Star F: 7538B(5) W(56)( T- Clinton Isdale )Include for value.
RemarksExtremely even contest in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.60Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 1.90Quinella 1:5 $ 8.10Trifecta 5:1:4 $ 80.30First4 5:1:4:6 $ 284.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CROSSING FASHIONS IN THE FIELDS NEXT SATURDAYTime: 12:30 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Metro Winner F: 5B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.00Ran well enough on debut to be considered here. In the right hands and it should be able to settle close and kick.Main Danger5 Aratai F: 50X35B(4) W(58)Will appreciate the smaller field and it should get every chance from the draw. Likely to push forward and go close.Next Best12 Jack The Lass F:B(3) W(56)( T- Chris Wood )On debut and it looked solid in the trials. Drawn well and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Include in Multis4 Blade F: 069XB(2) W(58.5)( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $1.00Didn't fire last preparation but this isn't the strongest field to beat. We're likely to see improvement.Longer Odds6 Mac's Express F: 780B(7) W(58)( T- Brian McKeagg )Consider with the claimer riding.
RemarksAnother even betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 2.10Place1 3 $ 1.00Place2 9 $ 2.60Place3 4 $ 1.00Quinella 3:9 $ 13.50Trifecta 3:9:4 $ 35.60First4 3:9:4:6 $ 122.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BETHLEHEM MOTOR INN 1200Time: 1:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Acutus F: 54114B(3) W(56)( T- J & B Vance )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.60A past winner on this track and there's nothing wrong with its recent form. Gets weight off its back and that helps. Top chance.Main Danger3 Raposa Rapida F: 01333B(1) W(57)Another that gets weight off its back. Gets the inside draw, which should see it settle handy and kick hard. Goes into the mix.Next Best1 Donna Anne Billy F: 02027B(5) W(60)( T- Bill Pomare )PlacedDividend : $3.20Suited by the track and it will go forward and roll along. 3kg comes off the back to help with the big weight.Include in Multis5 Pierina F: 81648B(4) W(56)Talented on its day but it's not overly consistent. Punters are getting each-way odds so it's worth including.Longer Odds8 Liquid Inspiration F: 52136B(6) W(54)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Wayne Hillis )Could cause an upset. Worth sticking with.
RemarksSmall field but it should be a cracking contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.80Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 3.20Quinella 1:6 $ 8.50Trifecta 6:1:4 $ 59.30First4 6:1:4:5 $ 101.30Treble 5+/3+/6+ $ 16.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - APPLIANCE PLUS PANASONIC 1600Time: 1:40 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Iron Eagle F: 14371B(7) W(57.5)( T- Peter McKay )Defied them when scoring last start and it could be too good for them again. Just needs to find a nice spot from the awkward draw.Main Danger7 Le Sablier F: X5222B(3) W(54)( T- Karen Fursdon )PlacedDividend : $1.00Continues to run second but it gets in with only 53kg on its back. Has to be competitive from there.Next Best5 Nasha Riva F: 20251B(1) W(55.5)( T- Jim Pender )Last-start winner with the confidence levels up. Draws the rail and gets weight off its back, so include here.Include in Multis2 Tweedledee F: 55213B(4) W(59)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )PlacedDividend : $1.60Hasn't done much wrong this season, including a win two back. Weight comes off and a win wouldn't be a surprise.Longer Odds1 Imelda Mary F: 1300XB(2) W(59)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Wayne Hillis )WonDividends : $21.60 $6.80It's too good to leave out completely.
RemarksNot much between this field top to bottom
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 21.60Place1 1 $ 6.80Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 7 $ 1.00Double 6+/1 $ 34.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PACIFIC STONE KITCHEN AND VANITY BENCHTOPS 1400Time: 2:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Honneur Noir F: X5488B(8) W(60.5)( T- Peter Lock )Three-time winner on this track and with the light weight, it should be very tough to beat. Expect a form turnaround.Main Danger4 Arraignment F: 74469B(3) W(59)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Danica Guy )Has the ability to win this race and it has come for big support. Better than what it has been showing.Next Best7 Luminous F: 1507XB(6) W(57)WonDividends : $7.40 $3.40Fresh up and it could find form quickly this campaign. This race is there for the taking and it shouldn't be far away.Include in Multis1 Griffin F: 125X9B(1) W(62)PlacedDividend : $2.60Didn't have much luck last time out. Gets the rails here, so has no chance of getting caught wide. Include at odds.Longer Odds2 Mont Ventoux F: 4122XB(5) W(61.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Rudy Liefting )Could add some value at a double-figure price.
RemarksAnother compact but interesting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 7.40Place1 7 $ 3.40Place2 1 $ 2.60Quinella 1:7 $ 10.50Trifecta 7:1:8 $ 74.10First4 7:1:8:6 $ 413.80Quaddie 3+/6+/1/7 $ 425.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - GRACE TEAM ACCOUNTING 1400Time: 2:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Call Me Evie F: 21223B(2) W(58)( T- Bill Pomare )PlacedDividend : $1.40Has had two starts on this track for a win and a placing. Nothing wrong with that form and it gets all favours from the draw. Goes close.Main Danger6 Mongolian Dynasty F: 43317B(3) W(58)( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $1.90Didn't fire last start but we're expecting a bounce-back performance. Could push forward and settle handy.Next Best2 Victory Glory F: 3314B(9) W(58.5)( T- Chris Wood )Did the job nicely two back and it wasn't all that far behind last time out. Tough draw but the market support is there.Include in Multis8 Honesty F: X8637B(8) W(57.5)Mixing its form a touch this season but it always has a winning chance. Punters are getting good odds, so include.Longer Odds9 Speechmaker F: 899X2B(6) W(56.5)( T- Antony Fuller )WonDividends : $8.30 $2.50Nice race last start, so consider on that alone.
RemarksIt looks a competitive contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 8.30Place1 9 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 1.40Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 4:9 $ 14.70Trifecta 9:4:6 $ 155.30First4 9:4:6:7 $ 2180.10Double 7/9 $ 42.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SUPER LIQUOR GREERTON 1400Time: 3:33 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Pop Star Princess F: 61202B(3) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )PlacedDividend : $1.90Gallant effort when second last time out. Gets everything run to suit here and it should go well. Money is coming for it.Main Danger1 Go Nicholas F: 1115XB(4) W(60)( T- Shelley Hale )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.30Went off the boil for a touch but rebounded with three consecutive wins last prep. That form is tough to look past.Next Best2 Polly Grey F: 113X6B(1) W(57.5)( T- Kylie Fawcett )Found that level of racing a touch too tough fresh up. Better for the run under the belt and it shouldn't be overlooked.Include in Multis5 Hypnos F: 51660B(2) W(55)( T- James/Wellwood )It can get hot at any given moment, so it's always worth including. Drawn well and a form reversal is imminent.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 No Loitering F: 28354B(6) W(55.5)( T- Iain Marks )Worth including at the price. Upset material.
RemarksInteresting race to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.90Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 3 $ 1.90Quinella 1:3 $ 5.20Trifecta 1:3:5 $ 39.60First4 1:3:5:7 $ 98.20Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Go Nicholas(2) Polly Grey (3) Pop Star PrincessR8 (2) Rocking Along(5) Son Of Sasanof (9) Beyond Sacred (14) MelusinaR9 (1) Equinox(3) Phantom Witness (6) O'CharmR10 (1) Vittachi(2) You're Welcome (9) SavastepQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ALL FROCKED UP GIRLS 1600Time: 4:08 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Rocking Along F: 4X343B(5) W(58.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Stable is going well and punters are getting value odds. Two solid placings from three starts this time in, so it goes on top.Main Danger5 Son Of Sasanof F: 83476B(7) W(58.5)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )When right, it's more than capable of putting away a field like this. Just needs the right run in transit, but that should come.Next Best9 Beyond Sacred F: 3B(12) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.90Giving away experience but it has more upside than most. Handy effort for third on debut, so stick with it.Include in Multis14 Melusina F: 43737B(2) W(56.5)( T- S & E Clotworthy )Mixing its form but its best would see it running close. Drops right down in weight and it could attract value punters.Longer Odds13 Jakama Krystal F: 49445B(8) W(56.5)( T- Glynn Brick )It's good enough to win a race of this nature.
RemarksGreat value throughout the field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 8.40Place1 10 $ 2.80Place2 9 $ 1.90Place3 4 $ 2.60Quinella 9:10 $ 14.50Trifecta 10:9:4 $ 269.10First4 10:9:4:13 $ 2795.50Double 1/10 $ 32.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 9, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - ULTIMATE MAZDA JAPAN TROPHY NEXT SATURDAY 1200Time: 4:43 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Phantom Witness F: 11B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Unbeaten after two starts and it looks a nice type in the making. Should get a good run in transit and push forward. Big chance.Main Danger1 Equinox F: 21745B(2) W(59.5)Stablemate to the favourite and it has the experience edge. Drops in weight with the claim and that's a big help. Danger.Next Best6 O'Charm F: 42113B(4) W(56.5)( T- Stephen McKee )WonDividends : $6.30 $1.70Owns enough speed to handle the Te Akau pair. Showed that speed twice this campaign, and punters are getting great odds.Include in Multis7 Appellant F: 506X3B(7) W(55.5)Returned from a spell with a good effort last start. Tough to overlook its best form, so include here.Longer Odds5 Bullybrook F: 2217XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Ray Gavin )Chance to sprint well in a fresh state.
RemarksA quality field so follow the form out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 6.30Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 3.10Place3 3 $ 1.70Quinella 2:6 $ 23.90Trifecta 6:2:3 $ 149.00First4 6:2:3:4 $ 913.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - WORLDS END BAR AND RESTAURANT FRASER COVE 2100Time: 5:18 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 You're Welcome F: 44335B(5) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10This stable can't do much wrong at the moment and it should prove tough to beat. Just needs to lift a touch to win.Main Danger1 Vittachi F: 09X53B(9) W(59.5)Better for the two runs back from a spell. Looked good when running third last start and that's a good form guide.Next Best9 Savastep F: 52477B(7) W(55.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $1.80It's good when right and it should be able to settle handy and show a good kick. Decent enough odds to entertain.Include in Multis8 Ohthoserussians F: 75565B(2) W(56)( T- Stephen Ralph )WonDividends : $6.90 $2.40Battling efforts of late but it doesn't need to improve too much to win. Chance with the claimer in the saddle.Longer Odds4 Our Wonderland F: 80439B(4) W(56.5)Could exceed expectations. Consider.
RemarksEach-way field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.90Place1 8 $ 2.40Place2 2 $ 2.10Place3 9 $ 1.80Quinella 2:8 $ 29.40Trifecta 8:2:9 $ 262.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%