Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - GARTSHORE 1600Time: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Kiwianna F: 50X94B(6) W(56.5)Going through its gears this season and looked good when running fourth last time out. Looks ready to score an overdue win.Main Danger1 Hunua Hank F: 45X58B(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00A touch disappointing last start but it has ability and should enjoy the conditions at Tauranga. Drawing well always helps, too.Next Best4 Van Blanc F: 0X582B(13) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )WonDividends : $7.30 $2.90Stablemate to Hunua Hank so watch the late betting moves. Much better second placing last time out and it's a good chance on that.Include in Multis8 Touch The Clouds F: 7X445B(4) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Rarely too far away from the prize and this isn't an overly deep field. Should be right in the mix.Longer Odds15 Reflection F:B(15)Gets a good chance to turn around some moderate form.
RemarksBig field and big value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.30Place1 4 $ 2.90Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 8 $ 2.60Quinella 1:4 $ 15.10Trifecta 4:1:8 $ 205.80First4 4:1:8:13 $ 2640.90Quaddie 4/6/1+/6 $ 10542.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 12, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LASER PLUMBING TE PUKE MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Fleurgundy F: 6X2B(4) W(57.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Toby Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.30Has race experience which helps and there wasn't much wrong with its second placing last start. Odds are short but it should go close.Main Danger5 Desert Mirage F:B(7) W(55.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Went well at the trials and it's bred to handle the sting out of the ground. Plenty of money on and that's always a good sign. Chance.Next Best4 Amazing Team F: 37269B(6) W(55.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )Mixing its form which is concerning, but has talent at best. Runs at each-way odds and could add some value to this race.Include in Multis6 Sweet Clementine F: 5B(3) W(55.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )WonDividends : $9.50 $2.30Not too far behind them on debut and the odds on offer are appealing. An upset could happen in this race so include.Longer Odds3 Bullybrook F:B(8) W(57.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Ray Gavin )PlacedDividend : $1.80Could show something on debut.
RemarksCouple of very well-backed types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 9.50Place1 6 $ 2.30Place2 3 $ 1.80Place3 1 $ 1.30Quinella 3:6 $ 24.80Trifecta 6:3:1 $ 166.80First4 6:3:1:5 $ 676.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - OASIS BAR AND GRILL MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Raz F: 48X23B(11) W(57.5)( T- John Bell )WonDividends : $1.80 $1.30Two placings from two starts this campaign and a win won't be far away. Drawn wide but it should find a nice spot and go close.Main Danger2 Sweet Painted Lady F: 0X3B(9) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Showed nothing on debut but improved nicely to run third last time out. Looks a winnable race for many of these.Next Best9 Quintana F: 7X9X6B(1) W(57.5)Gets the inside draw and every chance of turning its form around. Likely needed the run last time out. Include.Include in Multis4 Poppy O'Neill F: 6500XB(3) W(57.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Last couple of runs last campaign were poor. Is better than that so we're allowing another chance here.Longer Odds3 More Than Enough F: 95XB(6) W(57.5)( J- Joshua Kam )PlacedDividend : $7.60Could run well at upset odds.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.80Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 5 $ 3.30Place3 3 $ 7.60Quinella 1:5 $ 15.70Trifecta 1:5:3 $ 539.90First4 1:5:3:6 $ 5199.90Double 6/1+ $ 19.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - OCEAN EMPEROR, THE GOOD LOOKING BOY MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Mr Pickles F: 4B(2) W(58.5)( T- Kylie Fawcett )Having race experience helps and getting the 3kg off its back also helps. Drawn well and it looks a nice each-way type.Main Danger3 Making Waves F: 75B(9) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Just behind them in two starts to date but has plenty of improvement to come. Looks set to run a solid race.Next Best8 Ihu F:B(7) W(58.5)( T- Nicholas Bishara )PlacedDividend : $2.20Didn't fire at the trials but wasn't asked to do much. Has been well supported and that's a good sign. Chance if it goes forward from the jump.Include in Multis7 Diogenes F:B(6) W(58.5)( J- Michael McNab )Tough to overlook a debut runner from this stable. Has trial form and is paying nice odds. Watch for late moves.Longer Odds9 Le Patron F: 9866XB(8) W(58.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Ken Harrison )Has upside and a chance to add some value to this race.
RemarksPlenty of each-way value in the quaddie opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 61.30Place1 6 $ 10.20Place2 8 $ 2.20Place3 3 $ 1.80Quinella 6:8 $ 120.40Trifecta 6:8:3 $ 2835.30First4 6:8:3:7 $ 4559.80Treble 6/1+/6 $ 1653.30Quaddie 4/6/1+/6 $ 10542.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Mr Pickles(3) Making Waves (7) Diogenes (8) IhuR5 (1) Mount Midoriyama(2) Cameahotfriday (6) DudewithattitudeR6 (6) Into The Deep(8) Geri (9) Damesel (10) Haere UpR7 (2) Beau Jeu(6) Rodmar (11) Easy WalkingQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GRAHAM BROWN AND CO CELEBRATION 1400Time: 2:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Mount Midoriyama F: 8X084B(4) W(59.5)( J- Samantha Collett )Finally got back to good form last time out when fourth. Has more talent than most here and that could show up. Top pick.Main Danger2 Cameahotfriday F: 64356B(3) W(59)Has been just behind them all season but won't need to improve too much to take this out. Looks set for a big effort.Next Best6 Dudewithattitude F: 60034B(2) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Jim Pender )Last couple of runs have been good and it has drawn to get a nice run throughout. Sitting on the speed helps here so expect that.Include in Multis8 I'ma Shygirl F: 80X93B(7) W(54.5)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Jim Pender )Doesn't win often but gets a run at its home track here. Also gets a big claim, taking it down to 50.5kg. Chance on that.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Dalmar F: 88210B(5) W(58)( T- Simon Rees )PlacedDividend : $3.00Good win two back so go on that effort.
RemarksCompetitive field lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.20Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 3.00Place3 7 $ 3.60Quinella 4:5 $ 25.80Trifecta 5:4:7 $ 442.40First4 5:4:7:1 $ 3063.40Double 6/5 $ 248.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - FINANCIAL INDEPENDENCE MAIDEN 1400Time: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Geri F: 9X22B(10) W(56.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- David Wilson )Back-to-back second placings coming into this have been very good. Is going to score a win shortly and it could come here. Top chance.Main Danger6 Into The Deep F: 68B(11) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Two runs to date have been only fair, but it likely needed the time. Drawn wide but that could be the place to be come Race 6.Next Best9 Damesel F: 5X354B(2) W(56.5)Just behind the pace to date but has been far from disgraced. Will continue to grind away and could add some value here.Include in Multis10 Haere Up F: 3B(12) W(56.5)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Rudy Liefting )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good effort on debut for third and getting the 3kg claimer in the saddle is a bonus. Nice chance based on that.Longer Odds11 Belle Of Georgia F: 7046B(6) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Shane Crawford )Could run well at each-way odds.
RemarksMany of these will break maidens soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 66.50Place1 15 $ 14.00Place2 10 $ 2.10Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 10:15 $ 140.10Trifecta 15:10:6 $ 4559.10First4 15:10:6:8 $ 4481.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 8, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - QUICK COUNT 2100Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Beau Jeu F: X4348B(5) W(59.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Baker/Forsman )Better than its recent form suggests and it gets a valuable 2kg off its back. Has talent and could show that here.Main Danger6 Rodmar F: 00701B(4) W(58.5)( J- Anna Jones )( T- Antony Fuller )WonDividends : $7.20 $2.40Got the job done nicely last start and could easily go back-to-back in these conditions. Right in the mix.Next Best11 Easy Walking F: 65X43B(7) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Indicated that a win isn't far off when running third last start. Tricky draw but with a good ride, it looks tough to hold out.Include in Multis8 Wagner F: 5X955B(3) W(56.5)( J- Nafish Alam )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )4kg coming off its back is its biggest asset. Nice chance if it gets a good ride and it could improve on recent battling efforts.Longer Odds5 Flyingflynn F: 87148B(8) W(58.5)( T- Nadine Kelly )Always possesses upset material.
RemarksAnother good-value field for punters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 7.20Place1 6 $ 2.40Place2 7 $ 4.50Place3 11 $ 1.70Quinella 6:7 $ 84.90Trifecta 6:7:11 $ 742.90First4 6:7:11:3 $ 2195.20Double 15/6 $ 301.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%