Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DIPROSE MILLER MAIDEN 1600Time: 12:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Krakadeel F: 293X2B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Long overdue a winning turn and get its chance here. Handy placing when resuming and it should strip fitter for that run. Chance.Main Danger12 Wild West F: 226B(9) W(57)( T- Danica Guy )Back-to-back placings to start its career before running a fair sixth last start. Better than that and punters are getting good odds.Next Best14 Deep Beauty F: 8B(1) W(57)( J- Ryan Elliot )Disappointing on debut but it did have some excuses. Gets the inside draw to its advantage here and that could make a difference. Include.Include in Multis4 Butterfield F: 49X45B(13) W(58.5)( T- Finbarr Leahy )PlacedDividend : $2.70Good run last start but will need some luck from a deep draw. Should be able to find cover over 1600m and run accordingly. Include.Longer Odds2 Learning To Fly F: 6446XB(7) W(58.5)( T- Sophia Orting )Easing of the track could help its chances.
RemarksHuge maiden field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 6.30Place1 15 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 2.70Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 4:15 $ 18.30Trifecta 15:4:1 $ 201.70First4 15:4:1:12 $ 607.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - JOHNNY REVELL 1200Time: 12:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Finale F: 2X1B(8) W(59)( T- Joanne Surgenor )Broke through for the win last start and could kick on with it now. Will require some luck from the draw, but looks to have a nice future.Main Danger5 Maison Roxanne F: 8X826B(5) W(57.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $2.20Worked home well enough last time out and that followed a very good second placing. Right in this and is paying nice each-way odds.Next Best11 Lady Lira F: 2X659B(6) W(56)( J- Matthew Cameron )Has been expensive for punters this season but the talent is there. Drawn well enough and punters won't want to let it go this time around.Include in Multis2 Acutus F: 3557XB(11) W(58.5)( T- J & B Vance )Showed enough last season to be considered here. Drawn wide but having Opie in the saddle is key. Has been specked in betting.Longer Odds9 Laurant F: 18XB(7) W(56.5)Winner on debut and it could come back a stronger type.
RemarksSome nice types running in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 33.90Place1 13 $ 5.90Place2 5 $ 2.20Place3 14 $ 4.40Quinella 5:13 $ 116.00Trifecta 13:5:14 $ 3685.60First4 13:5:14:6 $ 3173.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TWO TONES CATERING MAIDEN 1200Time: 1:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Mabilis F: 2B(3) W(55)( T- P & D Williams )Didn't do anything wrong on debut when looking the winner late. Drawing barrier three should see it ride the pace and kick strongly again. Top chance.Main Danger12 Hasstobegood F: 32X56B(14) W(55)WonDividends : $2.80 $1.40A touch disappointing not to break through already. However, it has ability and just needs some pace up front to finish off. Well-backed to win.Next Best4 Amusez Moi F: 623B(10) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.20Stuck on gamely for third last start and it has another good run in the offing. Punters are getting each-way odds, so it's worth including.Include in Multis9 Limentis F:B(5) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- K & B Kelso )On debut and it has looked good at the trials. Bred to show early speed and we're surprised at the odds. Every chance of winning this.Longer Odds2 Diogenes F: 4204B(6) W(58.5)( J- Michael McNab )Tough to overlook a runner from this stable. Include for value.
RemarksValue throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 2.80Place1 12 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 4.00Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 1:12 $ 21.20Trifecta 12:1:4 $ 130.50First4 12:1:4:18 $ 6773.70Double 13/12+ $ 90.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - TE AROHA TRACTORS & GARDEN MACHINERY MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Qiji Melody F: 8X43B(2) W(55.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )Improving with every run and that bodes well for this. Much better when third last start and we're expecting a good effort.Main Danger8 Perennial F: 3B(6) W(55.5)( T- P & D Williams )PlacedDividend : $1.70Ran as favourite on debut and had its chance. However, improvement is expected and it clearly has a nice future.Next Best10 Siracusa F: 4B(10) W(55.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.90Big money has come for this runner, so respect its chances. Handy fourth on debut.Include in Multis12 She Speeds F: 6B(9) W(55.5)Flashed home on debut and with some luck, it would be figuring in the finish here. Worth including here at the odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Foogayzee F: 67XB(3) W(57.5)Chance if it has come back a more mature runner.
RemarksMany progressive types lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 5.10Place1 10 $ 1.90Place2 8 $ 1.70Place3 6 $ 3.60Quinella 8:10 $ 10.90Trifecta 10:8:6 $ 195.90First4 10:8:6:12 $ 1088.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 8, 9, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - TE AROHA STALLION SERVICE SCHEME MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Aqueduct F: 44B(2) W(57.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )They don't often stay maidens for long from this stable. Handy results to date and it should get every chance from the draw. Top chance.Main Danger9 Not Usual Glorious F:B(10) W(57.5)( T- Shane Crawford )Bred to enjoy longer distances and it's most recent trial was solid. Drawn deep but there's good speed and it could benefit from that. Nice odds.Next Best4 Ripper Of A Dream F: 4B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Did enough on debut when fourth to suggest that it could win soon. Nothing wrong with the effort and drawing barrier four helps.Include in Multis5 Dark Horse F:B(13) W(57.5)( T- John Bell )It's another wide draw for Opie, but he's good enough to cope with it. Looked good at the trials and it could run well on debut.Longer Odds12 Now Is Now F: 7B(5) W(55.5)Likely to improve with more ground. Don't rule out.
RemarksNot much separating the majority of this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 18.40Place1 13 $ 5.00Place2 1 $ 2.50Place3 4 $ 2.70Quinella 1:13 $ 53.90Trifecta 13:1:4 $ 1031.60First4 13:1:4:12 $ 4215.90Double 10/13 $ 87.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - RYAN BRADLEY BAYLEYS COMMERCIAL 1600Time: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Spring Delight F: 129X7B(8) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Last two starts have been only fair, but it has plenty of potential. Could be a spring delight if given a good run throughout. Top chance.Main Danger8 Initiative F: 940X1B(7) W(55.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Ross McCarroll )They often stay in winning form from this stable. Did the job nicely fresh up and it looks nicely-placed here. Goes close.Next Best6 Verbalizer F: 10X20B(10) W(57.5)( T- Shane Crawford )Needs to rebound after a disappointing effort last time out. Should have come through that run well enough to be considered here.Include in Multis10 En Soie F: 56X85B(3) W(54.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Graham Richardson )Working its way to a win after a better effort last time out. Light weight of 54.5kg helps and the odds are appealing.Longer Odds3 Master Painton F: 274X0B(1) W(58)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.90Expect better after a poor showing last start. Chance.
RemarksMany of these will progress through the grades
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 5.70Place1 9 $ 1.90Place2 7 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 1.90Quinella 7:9 $ 10.60Trifecta 9:7:3 $ 90.20First4 9:7:3:2 $ 806.50Treble 10/13/9 $ 893.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (6) Verbalizer(7) Spring Delight (8) InitiativeR7 (1) Ludus(2) Pearl Davone (3) DawnlightR8 (1) St Andre(5) Lincoln King (6) Barbara (9) Century MissR9 (9) Matter Of Fact(11) Jakama Krystal (12) Jojo RoxxQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDEN 1600Time: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Dawnlight F: 37X63B(10) W(57.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Debbie Sweeney )PlacedDividend : $2.50Over the odds here and it could take advantage of an even field. Much better run for third last start and it could build nicely on that run.Main Danger1 Ludus F: 3X223B(11) W(57.5)WonDividends : $2.40 $1.30Four consecutive placings coming into this race. Had its chance to win last start, which is why it's not going on top. Needs some cover from out wide.Next Best2 Pearl Davone F: 23744B(5) W(57.5)( T- Cody Cole )Another which has promised to win a handful of times. Drawn well in barrier five and there has been good money coming.Include in Multis11 Miradello F: X5357B(4) W(56)( T- Lance Noble )Never too far away and it has attracted attention at each-way odds. Barrier four helps and it could boost payouts.Longer Odds8 Kayture F: X4967B(12) W(57.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- M & K Murdoch )Chance with a good run throughout.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.40Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 3 $ 2.50Place3 6 $ 8.00Quinella 1:3 $ 8.70Trifecta 1:3:6 $ 238.40First4 1:3:6:4 $ 2947.50Double 9/1+ $ 13.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SHACKELL ELECTRICAL 2200Time: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Barbara F: 31223B(7) W(57)( T- Kylie Grass )Has been right around the mark throughout its career. Yet to run a bad race this season and it deserves to be favourite. Top chance.Main Danger9 Century Miss F: 43133B(1) W(56.5)( T- Graham Thomas )Usually likes to use the rail, so drawing the inside barrier looks ideal. Likely to sit near the speed and show a good kick. Odds appeal but they're shortening.Next Best5 Lincoln King F: 10X20B(11) W(58.5)WonDividends : $5.60 $1.80Didn't fire last start, but was much better prior to that. Drifting in the betting and we wouldn't be ruling it out. Likely to go close.Include in Multis1 St Andre F: 05564B(2) W(59.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Ross McCarroll )Going to appreciate getting the 3kg coming off its back. Drawing well is another positive and the odds are appealing. Goes close.Longer Odds4 Iskander F: X0401B(8) W(58.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- John Ruddell )PlacedDividend : $2.50Last start winner with upside. Stick with it.
RemarksAnother quality field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 5.60Place1 5 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 2.50Place3 2 $ 2.90Quinella 4:5 $ 22.60Trifecta 5:4:2 $ 264.80First4 5:4:2:6 $ 689.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - THAMES RACING AT TE AROHA 3 JAN MAIDEN 1400Time: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Matter Of Fact F: 032X2B(8) W(56.5)Three consecutive placings coming into this. Drawn awkwardly in barrier 11 but the money is on so respect its chances. Goes close.Main Danger12 Jojo Roxx F: 68X93B(9) W(56.5)Might head forward from a tough barrier. Better run for third last time out and there has been good money coming. Chance.Next Best11 Jakama Krystal F: 245X5B(2) W(56.5)( T- Glynn Brick )PlacedDividend : $2.40Hasn't been all that far away to date. Deserves respect here and conditons should help. Chance.Include in Multis10 Don't Lie To Me F: 30X94B(1) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Graham Richardson )The inside draw helps and it wasn't all that far away when fourth last start. Worth including at the odds.Longer Odds5 Voltaire's Secret F: 407B(4) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Chris Wood )Big odds but has shown enough to allow one more chance.
RemarksAnother big maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 17 $ 3.40Place1 17 $ 1.40Place2 14 $ 3.70Place3 11 $ 2.40Quinella 14:17 $ 33.30Trifecta 17:14:11 $ 312.50First4 17:14:11:9 $ 1045.20Double 5/17 $ 31.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 9, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%