Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - WEBSITE ANGELS PREMIERTime: 12:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Show Down F: 38X22B(1) W(59.5)( T- T & M Carter )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.70Getting closer to a win after consecutive second placings this term. Gets the gun run from the inside draw and it should prove tough to beat.Main Danger2 Leaf F: 17491B(10) W(59.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Karen Nicholson )Scored nicely last start, making it two wins from its last five attempts. Tricky draw but it's good enough to continue that form.Next Best5 Peace Train F: 67X1B(6) W(59)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- R & R Rogers )Turned its form around nicely to score last start. Looks likely to kick on with it now and the money is there again.Include in Multis6 River Run F: 8159XB(7) W(59)( J- Leith Innes )Looks to have ability despite owning an inconsistent form line. Stable is running well and that roll could continue.Longer Odds1 Jewel Of Patch F: X540XB(4) W(60)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )PlacedDividend : $4.00Capable and it gets some weight off its back.
RemarksHuge and open field to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.70Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 4.00Place3 10 $ 5.70Quinella 1:3 $ 22.90Trifecta 3:1:10 $ 650.70First4 3:1:10:6 $ 4229.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WENTWOOD GRANGE PREMIERTime: 12:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 American Princess F:B(3) W(55)( T- Baker/Forsman )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Well-bred type which looked the goods at the trials. Has been well supported with bookmakers and we're expecting a big effort.Main Danger2 Jamieson's Tipple F:B(1) W(57)( T- Stephen Autridge )Bred to show early speed and that was evident at the trials. Gets the inside draw and that's important over this distance at Te Rapa.Next Best4 O'Canada F:B(4) W(57)( T- Stephen McKee )Another speedy customer which could look to roll forward. Has shown enough ability at the trials to warrant attention.Include in Multis3 Lionize F: 5B(7) W(57)Owns race day experience and that will help. Hit the line well enough at Ellerslie and it only needs some luck in running.Longer Odds6 Tango Love F: 8B(5) W(55)( T- Jenna Mahoney )PlacedDividend : $2.80Should show more pace than it did on debut.
RemarksGood form should come out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.70Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 8 $ 2.20Place3 6 $ 2.80Quinella 5:8 $ 10.50Trifecta 5:8:6 $ 101.70First4 5:8:6:2 $ 338.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - LOWE SCHOLLUM & JONES PREMIERTime: 1:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'12 Sai Fah F: 31123B(9) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.00Tough to look past its form considering it's down in the weights at 54kg. That makes it tough to beat and punters are getting value odds.Main Danger8 Short Fuse F: 52X87B(3) W(55.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Graham Richardson )Better than what it has been showing in two runs back from a spell. Draws well here and we're expecting a much-improved effort.Next Best5 Swisswatch F: 1744XB(6) W(57.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $2.40Returns from a spell and it usually finds form quickly. Likely to push forward and try lead throughout.Include in Multis2 Pop Star Princess F: X6156B(1) W(57.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.90Mixing its form of late but is talented at best. Drawn to receive all favours and it's another on-pace type. Consider here.Longer Odds4 Cyber Attack F: 798X9B(2) W(57.5)Is too good to leave out at double-figure odds.
RemarksLoose favourite in a competitive affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.30Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 12 $ 2.00Place3 5 $ 2.40Quinella 2:12 $ 11.40Trifecta 2:12:5 $ 162.40First4 2:12:5:8 $ 468.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DUNSTAN FEEDS PREMIERTime: 2:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Take It Out F: 741X2B(6) W(60)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Caroline Pomare )PlacedDividend : $2.30Solid placing fresh up and it should only improve with the run. Gets a valuable 3kg off its back and there's value in the odds.Main Danger3 Captive F: 03301B(7) W(59)( T- Robert Priscott )Turned around a poor effort two back to score nicely last start. Could kick on with it now but the odds are a little short. Must be included.Next Best4 Prince Albert F: 64731B(4) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.50Took an age to break through and although it wasn't a quick race, it could strengthen up and win again. Worth including.Include in Multis11 Trumpet F: X6094B(8) W(56.5)WonDividends : $5.50 $2.00Not running up to the best of its ability. Better run for fourth last start so keep it safe at each-way odds.Longer Odds8 Los Angeles F: 0X082B(10) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- T & M Carter )Better run for second last start. Goes over the odds in this.
RemarksNot much covering this field top to bottom
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 5.50Place1 11 $ 2.00Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 2 $ 2.30Quinella 4:11 $ 10.80Trifecta 11:4:2 $ 175.90First4 11:4:2:12 $ 1460.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - J SWAP CONTRACTORS SPRINT - GROUP 3Time: 2:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Julius F: 123X4B(3) W(60)( T- John Bell )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.60Looked gone on the turn last start but picked up late. That's the sign of a good type and it's a quality animal. Deserves to run as favourite.Main Danger3 Scott Base F: 874X3B(5) W(58.5)Needed the run last start and we're expecting better this time around. Drawn well and it will be putting in the big bounds late.Next Best8 Campari F: 20X73B(2) W(53)Has experience going well in Australia and that's always good form. Brilliant run for third last start without much luck. Right in this.Include in Multis9 Pierina F: X3381B(9) W(53)Threw its hat into the ring when winning last start. There has been good support for this and that's a good sign.Longer Odds7 Sweepstake F: X9393B(6) W(53)( T- Mike Breslin )Juicy odds on offer so include as a value runner.
RemarksCracking field for the first black type race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.80Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 6 $ 7.10Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 1:6 $ 71.50Trifecta 1:6:5 $ 932.00First4 1:6:5:4 $ 7391.00Double 11/1+ $ 21.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - PATHWAYS - THE IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS PREMIERTime: 3:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Lincoln King F: X2011B(14) W(60)Tough from the draw but it has really hit form its last couple of starts. Could continue on its winning ways here. Good enough odds to take.Main Danger5 Joe's Legacy F: X7104B(3) W(58.5)( T- Jason Price )PlacedDividend : $2.50Can be hard to follow at times but that was a superb win three back. Indicated a return to form last start so keep safe.Next Best12 Kya Khoob Lagti Ho F: 9X612B(2) W(56.5)( T- Frank Ritchie )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.70Sprinted hard to narrowly miss last start. Has improved its form significantly and is a winning chance once again.Include in Multis7 Flying Meg F: 1X481B(13) W(57.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Trudy Keegan )Scored nicely last start and that should give punters some confidence. Only the wide draw is a negative.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'13 Casino El Jay F: 91239B(4) W(56)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Mike Breslin )Capable and punters are getting odds worth taking.
RemarksCompetitive field in the quaddie opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 3.80Place1 12 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 2.50Place3 3 $ 4.20Quinella 5:12 $ 14.40Trifecta 12:5:3 $ 349.70First4 12:5:3:9 $ 6311.50Treble 11/1+/12+ $ 106.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (2) Lincoln King(5) Joe's Legacy (12) Kya Khoob Lagti HoR7 (1) In A Twinkling(8) Justamaiz (9) DezellaR8 (1) Yearn(5) Queen Of Diamonds (9) PinmedownR9 (1) Mongolianconqueror(7) Intrigue (10) Lady Rudolph (12) LangkawiQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SKY CITY HAMILTON WAIKATO CUP - GROUP 3Time: 3:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 In A Twinkling F: 74011B(6) W(59)Tough to overlook its last two wins. Was running second in the Derby earlier this year and it has now matured into a gutsy stayer. Top chance.Main Danger9 Dezella F: 07111B(4) W(53)( T- Robbie Patterson )PlacedDividend : $2.50Way over the odds in this and punters are starting to come for it. Three consecutive wins and conditions should suit nicely. Don't be put off by the odds.Next Best8 Justamaiz F: 1X601B(11) W(54)( T- David Greene )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.90Scored nicely last start and it gets in well on the weights at 54kg. We're expecting another tidy effort.Include in Multis7 Strolling Vagabond F: 52372B(7) W(54)Finds it tough to win races but does continue to run consistently. 54kg on the back and it should be right around the mark as always.Longer Odds10 Lady Shabeel F: 13932B(2) W(53)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Iain Kennedy )Owns upset claims given its recent form.
RemarksQuality staying field for the Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 5.10Place1 8 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 4.30Place3 9 $ 2.50Quinella 8:11 $ 44.80Trifecta 8:11:9 $ 385.10First4 8:11:9:2 $ 4027.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CAL ISUZU STAKES - GROUP 2Time: 4:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Yearn F: 37X21B(13) W(57)( T- Karen Fursdon )Quality type which returned to winning form last start. Barrier 13 isn't ideal but it gets back and storms home. Best-backed runner in the race.Main Danger5 Queen Of Diamonds F: 18X55B(1) W(57)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Baker/Forsman )We just get the feeling it's warming up to something good. Gets the inside draw and that's a big bonus. Should be going close.Next Best9 Pinmedown F: 9X654B(9) W(57)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $2.10Has won big races in the past, including the Sunline Vase. Improving with every run this time in and it could go even better here.Include in Multis6 Inscription F: 11X25B(7) W(57)( T- Ross McCarroll )Speedy type which has yet to win this campaign, but that won't take long. Just needs a good ride and it should be fighting out the finish.Longer Odds10 Atlanta Peach F: 71681B(6) W(57)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Lowry/Cullen )Rises up in grade but it could handle it at odds.
RemarksShould be a cracking race for the feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 25.10Place1 11 $ 4.20Place2 7 $ 3.70Place3 9 $ 2.10Quinella 7:11 $ 155.60Trifecta 11:7:9 $ 1960.60First4 11:7:9:1 $ 5715.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SVS HAMILTON PREMIERTime: 4:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Intrigue F: 0X439B(13) W(55.5)( J- Leith Innes )A little flat this campaign but it was always going to need time to recover from an overseas trip. Looks set to run a good race here.Main Danger1 Mongolianconqueror F: 00X76B(8) W(60.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Hasn't been too far away this preparation and having the 3kg claimer in the saddle helps. Stick with it at each-way odds.Next Best10 Lady Rudolph F: 7X214B(9) W(54)( T- Robbie Patterson )PlacedDividend : $1.70Not a lot went right for it last start, but still made good ground. Needs the pace on up front and should get that.Include in Multis12 Langkawi F: X9754B(4) W(54)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Likely to push forward from the barrier and take up a forward position. Always a good thing to do at Te Rapa. Chance.Longer Odds4 Daytona Red F: 7461XB(5) W(59)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $6.00Could return in fine order.
RemarksSome quality types in the final race on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 5.40Place1 8 $ 1.90Place2 10 $ 1.70Place3 4 $ 6.00Quinella 8:10 $ 8.30Trifecta 8:10:4 $ 418.40First4 8:10:4:13 $ 4475.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%