Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - STELLA ARTOIS 1200Time: 12:20 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Rainbow Dash F: 21X7XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Jenna Mahoney )Can run the odd poor race but is otherwise a classy type. Suited by the weight coming off its back. Looks tough to beat.Main Danger5 Madam Hass F: 1124B(4) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- James/Wellwood )Wasn't suited by the tempo its last couple. Probably won't be here either but it's too talented to ignore. Wouldn't mind a share in this one.Next Best1 Quick Thinker F: 1356XB(3) W(58.5)Has the most promise but could struggle over this distance. Good betting support which suggests that it's ready to go.Include in Multis3 Woodcote Lass F: 13018B(2) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )PlacedDividend : $4.20Mixing its form but the talent is there. Gets an inside draw and it could settle close and kick.Longer Odds4 Exuberant F: 27053B(6) W(57.5)Chance if it gets the breaks. One for odds.
RemarksSmall but quality field to open the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 6.40Place1 6 $ 2.70Place2 3 $ 4.20Quinella 3:6 $ 25.20Trifecta 6:3:5 $ 102.20First4 6:3:5:1 $ 343.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - PAPATOETOE GLASS 1200Time: 12:55 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Three Sixty F: 6X182B(7) W(57.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- S & E Clotworthy )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good win when resuming and it got back to solid form when running second last start. Looks a good winning chance at value odds.Main Danger3 Master Park F: X5223B(10) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Getting close to another win after rattling off three consecutive placings. Drawn wide but it goes close with some luck.Next Best2 Virtuoso Lad F: 24932B(1) W(60)( T- Karen Fursdon )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.60Another runner knocking on the door after two recent placings. Can handle a field of this nature, so include.Include in Multis11 Eridani F: 01325B(6) W(57)Drops down to 55kg with the claimer in the saddle. Won earlier this campaign and it shouldn't be too far away from them.Longer Odds6 Satriani F: X2750B(12) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Cydne Evans )Owns upset claims with the right run in transit.
RemarksWide-open field with numerous winning chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.60Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 2.10Quinella 2:3 $ 7.90Trifecta 2:3:9 $ 64.00First4 2:3:9:1 $ 621.40Double 6/2+ $ 17.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ECOCHILL 1500Time: 1:30 | Distance: 1500m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Kaipaki Road F: 21876B(5) W(56)The ability is there and running in this grade should help its cause. Needs to get back in form but it has promise.Main Danger7 Shanqueen F: X2194B(2) W(56.5)( T- P & D Williams )Kicked off this campaign with a win and placing. Just needs a good sit behind the speed to finish off nicely. Include.Next Best10 Anjameme F: 05069B(3) W(55)Punters are patiently waiting for it to return to winning form. Punters get good odds this time around so it's worth including.Include in Multis2 The Buzz F: 55704B(1) W(59)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- M & K Murdoch )Form could read better. Decent enough run for fourth last start and it won't find this much harder.Longer Odds4 Quick Preview F: X1454B(4) W(58.5)( T- Stephen McKee )WonDividends : $9.40 $2.60Capable on its day. Helped by the 2kg claim.
RemarksAn even betting contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.40Place1 4 $ 2.60Place2 11 $ 9.30Place3 5 $ 3.60Quinella 4:11 $ 150.70Trifecta 4:11:5 $ 5309.90First4 4:11:5:2 $ 7160.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - BARFOOT & THOMPSON 1600Time: 2:05 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Shezathinka F: 31X26B(4) W(58.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.70Didn't let down last start but it should find this race more to its liking. Draws well, Opie rides, and it could be good enough to bounce back.Main Danger10 Gravitelle F: 4011B(2) W(55.5)( T- Lance Noble )Rising up in grade after winning back-to-back races. Clearly has plenty of ability and there is good money coming for it at odds.Next Best2 Iron Eagle F: 36143B(6) W(59)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Usually around the mark, as it showed when winning three starts ago. Good specking coming at each way odds, so consider.Include in Multis1 Ohceedee F: 35182B(1) W(60)( T- Steven Cole )It should be able to find a nice position from the inside draw. Likes to battle away and it should lodge its claim at some stage.Longer Odds9 Sunburst F: 70243B(5) W(56)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Danica Guy )Far too good to leave out. Right in this.
RemarksAnother even betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 23.60Place1 6 $ 4.30Place2 3 $ 1.70Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 3:6 $ 55.10Trifecta 6:3:4 $ 638.30First4 6:3:4:10 $ 6004.90Double 4/6 $ 128.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 1200Time: 2:40 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Sheezallmine F: 10210B(1) W(55.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Daniel Miller )PlacedDividend : $1.20Not everything went to plan last start but don't overlook its ability. Impressive win prior to that and dropping in weight is ideal. Classy at best.Main Danger6 Short Fuse F: 74533B(7) W(53)( T- Graham Richardson )PlacedDividend : $1.50Only a three-time winner but it has been suggesting that a win isn't far off. Hit the line nicely last start and carrying 53kg is ideal.Next Best4 Sword Of Osman F: 1712XB(5) W(55.5)( T- Jamie Richards )Can't overlook any runner from this stable this season. Top juvenile which could hit the ground running if it handles racing against older types.Include in Multis2 Santa Monica F: 56064B(9) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Ralph )Big race winner that needs a confidence boost. That was a nice effort last start and it could figure in the finish based on that run.Longer Odds8 Hammer King F: 37X45B(3) W(53)( T- M & K Murdoch )Drops to 51kg and it must be included on that. Owns upset claims.
RemarksA few more than handy types line up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 11.60Place1 9 $ 2.60Place2 6 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 1.20Quinella 6:9 $ 18.10Trifecta 9:6:3 $ 111.50First4 9:6:3:4 $ 334.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (3) Sheezallmine(4) Sword Of Osman (6) Short FuseR6 (2) Dragon LeapR7 (3) Platinum Invador(4) Concert Hall (13) IntrigueR8 (2) Iago(3) River Run (4) Checkers (11) LavagloQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - JAMIESON PARK AVONDALE GUINEAS (G2)Time: 3:15 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Dragon Leap F: 121B(1) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $1.60 $1.20Should be unbeaten and it looks the logical top choice here. Going to get every chance in the run and it has plenty of upside. Short odds but not lacking value.Main Danger3 Scorpz F: 31113B(9) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $2.20Tough type that keeps giving in the straight. Scored three consecutive wins and only good horses do that.Next Best1 Sherwood Forest F: 51341B(2) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Impressive win last start and it looks set for a big run here. Specked in the betting but it's a touch unders. Still, owns logical winning claims.Include in Multis4 Tibetan F: 23235B(7) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )Struggling to win races, which is the concern. Looks a decent type in the making and should improve over longer distances.Longer Odds11 Karalino F: 12725B(3) W(54.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Stephen Autridge )Good enough to give some of these a scare.
RemarksAlways a good form guide for the Derby
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.60Place1 2 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 2.20Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 2:3 $ 6.40Trifecta 2:3:1 $ 26.20First4 2:3:1:4 $ 59.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - JOE MCDONALD AVONDALE CUP (G2)Time: 3:50 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Concert Hall F: 54414B(17) W(58.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )Looked very good in a recent trial. That bodes well for a good run here and it will have time to find cover from the draw.Main Danger3 Platinum Invador F: 83210B(7) W(59)( T- Lisa Latta )PlacedDividend : $2.20Loves the staying distances and the 1800m was too short for it last start. Derby placegetter with some class.Next Best13 Intrigue F: 39242B(14) W(52)( J- Michael Coleman )Costing win punters plenty this season. However, the ability is there and it has been set for this race. 52kg is a dream.Include in Multis12 Starrybeel F: 59731B(2) W(53)Another runner that will appreciate the distance. Got back to winning form last start and that could continue.Longer Odds11 Daytona Red F: 1X365B(4) W(54)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Shaune Ritchie )Worth including at the odds.
RemarksLovely field for the feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 15 $ 32.40Place1 15 $ 9.10Place2 3 $ 2.20Place3 1 $ 8.40Quinella 3:15 $ 89.00Trifecta 15:3:1 $ 11085.00First4 15:3:1:5 $ 17090.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 11, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - AUCKLAND CO-OP TAXIS 2100Time: 4:25 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Iago F: X0422B(13) W(59.5)( T- Samantha Logan )Needs a lot of luck from the draw but they often find their spots early at Ellerslie. Has the talent to kick on with it after two placings.Main Danger11 Lavaglo F: 15204B(10) W(57)( T- Daniel Miller )Scored well enough five starts ago to warrant attention. Punters are getting value odds and it shouldn't be far away.Next Best3 River Run F: X4327B(6) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Running out of chances but is doing enough to warrant inclusion. Looked good placing twice this season. Chance.Include in Multis4 Checkers F: 48X35B(3) W(58.5)Might have needed both runs back from a spell. Fitness levels should be there and it shouldn't be far away from them.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Vladivostok F: 33165B(5) W(58)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Andrew Campbell )WonDividends : $8.40 $2.90Better than what it showed last start. Rebound chance.
RemarksEven field in the last race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 8.40Place1 8 $ 2.90Place2 3 $ 2.20Place3 16 $ 3.60Quinella 3:8 $ 18.00Trifecta 8:3:16 $ 513.60First4 8:3:16:7 $ 8120.70Double 15/8 $ 297.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%