Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - DUNSTAN FEEDS 2100Time: 11:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Big Mike F: 17X30B(4) W(60)( T- C & S Phelan )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50Needs to rebound after a poor effort last start but this is easier. Has Australian experience and winning experience at that. Goes on top.Main Danger4 Al Haram F: 66282B(7) W(54)( T- Jamie Richards )Finding it tough to win a race but it has been going close of late. Gets a big weight advantage over Big Mike and that's going to help.Next Best5 Mental Telepathy F: 90793B(3) W(54)Hit the line nicely enough last start to suggest it could go close in this. Another light weight which should be winning a race soon.Include in Multis2 Giovanni Canaletto F: 60397B(2) W(57.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Disappointing this time in but the ability is there. Could get conditions to suit and run well at nice odds.Longer Odds7 Amorata F: 42324B(1) W(54)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Roydon Bergerson )PlacedDividend : $2.30Getting closer to posting a win and this isn't out of its reach.
RemarksShould be an interesting staying field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.10Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 2.30Place3 9 $ 7.60Quinella 1:7 $ 16.30Trifecta 1:7:9 $ 342.20First4 1:7:9:5 $ 2313.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - GARRARDS HORSE & HOUND HURDLESTime: 12:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Lacustre F: 43X63B(1) W(68)( J- Will Gordon )( T- Samantha Logan )Nice effort for third last time out and that form should hold up strongly. Inside draw and it looms as a major winning threat.Main Danger4 Mesmerize F: 285X2B(9) W(68)( J- Isaac Lupton )( T- Raymond Connors )Resumed with a top effort for second. Hasn't won recently but gets a good chance here. Has been well backed to win.Next Best10 Woodsman F: 8X970B(4) W(68)( J- Michael Roustoby )( T- Tony Gillies )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.10Should be more competitive over the jumps after some fairly average form on the flat. Better than advertised.Include in Multis7 El Fernando F: 504X0B(8) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Mark Brooks )PlacedDividend : $2.40Needed the run fresh up and it's going to have every chance to win this. Paying nice odds and punters should include it.Longer Odds2 Georgethefifth F: 6X904B(7) W(68)( J- Emily Farr )( T- Clinton Isdale )PlacedDividend : $3.70Not the worst run last time out and it could go well.
RemarksEven field lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.90Place1 10 $ 2.10Place2 7 $ 2.40Place3 2 $ 3.70Quinella 7:10 $ 16.40Trifecta 10:7:2 $ 336.60First4 10:7:2:6 $ 1768.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - FAIRVIEW MOTORS WAIKATO HURDLESTime: 12:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'8 Guy Fox F: 72221B(4) W(65)( J- Shaun Fannin )Scored an impressive win on the flat last start and that bodes well for this. Has been threatening to win a hurdle feature for awhile now.Main Danger3 No Change F: 13X10B(10) W(65)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Nelson/McDougal )Didn't fire last start but is much better suited here. Has plenty of betting support and it has recent winning form to boast. Strong chance.Next Best4 It's A Wonder F: 4X761B(1) W(65)( J- Will Gordon )( T- Harvey Wilson )Looked good winning last start and it has plenty of experience to call upon. Usually holds form well when it finds it.Include in Multis6 Tommyra F: 57553B(9) W(65)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Toby Autridge )PlacedDividend : $1.90Not too far away from them last start and it will only improve with more hurdle racing under the belt. Shouldn't be far away.Longer Odds9 Hesalljazz F: 61X82B(6) W(65)( J- Lemmy Douglas )( T- Stephen Ralph )Indicated a return to form last start and it could pay to stick with it.
RemarksLooks a competitive hurdle feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 18.20Place1 2 $ 4.70Place2 11 $ 4.20Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 2:11 $ 152.90Trifecta 2:11:6 $ 4911.20First4 2:11:6:4 $ 3482.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WEALLEANS 1200Time: 1:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Pinultimate F: 11X51B(11) W(57.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.80Went forward and showed them a clean pair of heels last start. Looks a nice type on the rise and capable of handling this class.Main Danger6 Von Trapp F: 12X2B(2) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Richard Collett )Hit the line well enough last start to suggest it could win shortly. Punters are getting nice win odds here and it could add some value.Next Best2 Cyber Attack F: 0X269B(8) W(59.5)( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.00Hasn't had the best of luck its last couple. Has plenty of ability on its day and there has been solid betting support. Right in the mix.Include in Multis1 Qiji Express F: X1020B(6) W(59.5)Mixing its form to say the least. Drops back in grade after a last start failure and it could regain its winning form.Longer Odds11 Glorious Ocean F: 421B(4) W(55.5)Nicely weighted and comes into this off a good win. Upset chance if things go its way.
RemarksNo clear favourite in this even sprint
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.20Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 5.10Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 2:3 $ 48.20Trifecta 2:3:5 $ 587.50First4 2:3:5:8 $ 9824.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - TE RAPA EVENT CENTRE STEEPLECHASETime: 2:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Storming The Tower F: 5X870B(6) W(68)( J- Nick Downs )( T- John Bell )Looks well-placed for this. Has been running solidly on the flat and the change of tack is going to help. Big chance.Main Danger5 Napoleon F: 05X49B(4) W(68)( J- Shaun Fannin )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.90Mixed efforts of late but this looks more suitable. Small field helps and it should be right around the mark.Next Best6 Suffice To Say F: 03163B(1) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good win three back and was back in good form with a last start placing. Right in this, as the betting suggests.Include in Multis1 Justnametheprice F: 563X3B(3) W(68)( J- Lemmy Douglas )( T- Ken Duncan )Looks to have a nice jumping future and that was a solid hit out last time out. Tough to beat.Longer Odds4 Mr Enthusiastic F: X7456B(5) W(68)( J- Stephan Karnicnik )( T- John Wheeler )The outside can often win in small fields. Not out of this.
RemarksSmall field for the steeplechase
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.20Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 6 $ 2.00Quinella 5:6 $ 5.40Trifecta 5:6:3 $ 24.40First4 5:6:3:1 $ 44.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (3) Storming The Tower(4) Mr Enthusiastic (6) Suffice To SayR6 (1) Shamal(2) Max (5) The Arabian Duke (9) GagarinR7 (6) Bridal Veil(7) Pitch And Switch (9) Dream OnR8 (4) Magic Of The Sun(9) Pop Star Princess (11) Paisley Park (13) IgnoredR9 (3) William Scott(7) Glendalough (8) Skaaboom (12) Yatima (13) Eleanor RigbyQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - SIGNATURE HOMES WAIKATO STEEPLECHASETime: 2:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Shamal F: 113X1B(3) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.60Resumed with a quality win last time out and it continued on from its hot form last season. Looks tough to beat in an even field.Main Danger2 Max F: 156X4B(6) W(67)( J- Isaac Lupton )( T- Raymond Connors )Needed the run last start and punters shouldn't be deterred by that effort. Looms as a major winning chance here.Next Best9 Gagarin F: 6X342B(9) W(65)( J- Mathew Gillies )PlacedDividend : $1.80Yet to win from three starts this preparation but those runs have been a good guide for this. Each way odds on offer which is a good sign.Include in Multis5 The Arabian Duke F: 1X752B(10) W(65)( J- Emily Farr )( T- Karyn McQuade )Loomed to win last start and it will strengthen nicely off that. Emily Farr is riding well and it should be tough to hold out.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Thenamesbond F: 8PX0LB(5) W(65)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Stephen Ralph )Needs to rediscover its winning form but we wouldn't be ruling it out.
RemarksExciting steeplechase to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.80Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 9 $ 1.80Place3 7 $ 4.30Quinella 1:9 $ 8.60Trifecta 1:9:7 $ 125.20First4 1:9:7:5 $ 836.00Treble 2/5/1+ $ 75.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - HAPPY 60TH BRUCE DARBY 1400Time: 3:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Bridal Veil F: 13361B(11) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Scored nicely last time out and that form should stack up nicely here. Drawn wide but that could be the place to be come Race 7.Main Danger9 Dream On F: 41X42B(2) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )Another runner which could go on with it now after running second last start. Drawn to get a soft run throughout and be in the mix.Next Best7 Pitch And Switch F: 41523B(1) W(57.5)( T- Brendon Hawtin )PlacedDividend : $2.20Running good races, including a win four back. Inside draw suits and it should be landing close to the pace and kicking strongly.Include in Multis12 Aileen Grace F: 75433B(10) W(55.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Ross McCarroll )Back-to-back placings coming into this and that could translate into winning form. 55.5kg on the back is handy to have.Longer Odds15 So Wicked F: X08X3B(16) W(55.5)Better effort for third last start and it could add some value.
RemarksOne of the better value races on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 10.30Place1 8 $ 3.50Place2 4 $ 3.60Place3 7 $ 2.20Quinella 4:8 $ 70.20Trifecta 8:4:7 $ 758.70First4 8:4:7:11 $ 941.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 7, 9, 12, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - WAIKATO STUD 1600Time: 3:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Paisley Park F: 13156B(10) W(55)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Richardson/Parker )PlacedDividend : $2.70Two-time winner from its last five starts and although its last couple have been only fair, it should go close in this grade. Nice chance.Main Danger13 Ignored F: X6151B(11) W(54)Two wins from its last three and that was a strong performance last start after missing the jump. Capable of rising through the grades.Next Best4 Magic Of The Sun F: 75421B(1) W(58.5)( T- Stephen McKee )Getting the inside draw is key for this one-pace type. That suits on this track and it's paying nice odds with bookmakers.Include in Multis9 Pop Star Princess F: 22622B(7) W(56.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )Finding it tough to win a race but it's not for the lack of trying. Weighted well and that persistence could pay off for punters here.Longer Odds1 Go Nicholas F: 67400B(9) W(60)( J- Grant Cooksley )( T- Shelley Hale )Capable of turning around some poor form. Finds this easier.
RemarksNo clear favourite and that means good value on offer
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 19.70Place1 12 $ 5.40Place2 7 $ 2.70Place3 11 $ 2.70Quinella 7:12 $ 112.90Trifecta 12:7:11 $ 1938.10First4 12:7:11:15 $ 5018.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - KERR & LADBROOK CATERERS @ TE RAPA 1600Time: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Yatima F: 0X41B(5) W(57)PlacedDividend : $4.50Impressive winner at only 3rd start and looks a progressive type. Could well back up hereMain Danger3 William Scott F: 64X51B(14) W(59)WonDividends : $4.50 $2.10Nice win on course over 1400m last start and extra distance should suit. Wide draw a concernNext Best7 Glendalough F: 153X2B(6) W(57.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- P & D Williams )PlacedDividend : $2.20Has to be in the mix on back of 2nd to classy Copper Fox last start.Include in Multis13 Eleanor Rigby F: 81674B(11) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )Only beaten 2 1/2 lengths when 4th here 2 weeks ago and big chance on thatLonger Odds8 Skaaboom F: 0X852B(4) W(57.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Tony Pike )The money was on this Pike runner at Matamata and it looked the winner, only to get beaten into second. Good odds here
RemarksThe 'get out' stakes and what a challenge - wide open!
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.50Place1 3 $ 2.10Place2 12 $ 4.50Place3 7 $ 2.20Quinella 3:12 $ 43.60Trifecta 3:12:7 $ 461.70First4 3:12:7:8 $ 5104.70Double 12/3+ $ 189.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 7, 8, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%