Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - WIN THE GROUP 2 WAIKATO GUINEAS STEEPLECHASETime: 12:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 It's A Wonder F: 61431B(3) W(65)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Harvey Wilson )PlacedDividend : $1.40Scored a terrific win last time out and no reason why it can't repeat here. Odds on and it should be tough to beat.Main Danger1 Shamal F: 3X114B(1) W(72)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.80Back-to-back wins on the board before running fourth last time out. Drifting in the betting but it owns good ability.Next Best4 Henry Tudor F: 50P14B(4) W(65)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Samantha Logan )Scored nicely enough two back to warrant attention. Battled well last start so include at nice odds.Include in Multis2 The Arabian Duke F: 52465B(5) W(66)( J- Gary Walsh )( T- Karyn McQuade )Finding it tough to win race but we wouldn't leave it out. Chance here.Longer Odds3 Old Countess F: 00455B(2) W(65)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- P & J Brosnan )Chance to add some value at odds.
RemarksSmall field in the steeplechase
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.60Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 5 $ 1.40Quinella 1:5 $ 2.10Trifecta 1:5:2 $ 18.10First4 1:5:2:3 $ 44.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - DUNSTAN HORSE FEEDS STEEPLECHASETime: 12:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Ooee F: 07X44B(3) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Nelson/McDougal )PlacedDividend : $1.40Likely to run as the short favourite following two solid efforts for fourth this time in. Has the slight class edge over many of these.Main Danger1 Georgethefifth F: 04323B(9) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Clinton Isdale )Knocking on the door after three consecutive placings and it doesn't need to improve much to win this. Has the miles under the belt.Next Best9 Wilijonmcbride F: 4195PB(7) W(68)( J- Mathew Gillies )Didn't have the rub of the green last start but could rebound quickly. There is a good amount of money on so consider.Include in Multis8 Raisafuasho F: X0775B(2) W(68)( J- Shaun Fannin )WonDividends : $8.00 $1.90Tough to rule out this grand customer. Will get back and continue to grind home as per usual. Don't leave out.Longer Odds3 Willare F: 0X034B(4) W(68)( J- Toni Moki )( T- S & E Clotworthy )PlacedDividend : $3.30Close enough its last couple so include at big odds.
RemarksLooks a competitive jumping affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 8.00Place1 8 $ 1.90Place2 3 $ 3.30Place3 6 $ 1.40Quinella 3:8 $ 50.80Trifecta 8:3:6 $ 321.20First4 8:3:6:9 $ 1681.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 1:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sai Fah F: 7X523B(4) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.70Looks set to win a race shortly after running some solid races. Has a suitable weight and it should be going close in this.Main Danger3 Ocean Spirit F:B(6) W(56)( T- James/Wellwood )Has trial form coming into this and some good breeding behind it. Paying the right price and it should be included in win bets.Next Best5 Roc Cha F: 524B(3) W(54)( J- Trudy Thornton )PlacedDividend : $2.10Having its fourth start of its first prep. Taking on some smart types but it could measure up. Watch for late betting moves.Include in Multis2 Elliot Power F: 88X42B(2) W(56)( T- Mark Brosnan )Much better effort for second last start and it appears to be building nicely towards a win. Chance.Longer Odds6 Glory Chance F: 067B(1) W(54)Might head forward and try run them in to the ground.
RemarksOnly six runners but it should be an exciting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.70Place1 1 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 2.10Quinella 1:5 $ 4.10Trifecta 1:5:2 $ 27.30First4 1:5:2:3 $ 45.10Double 8/1+ $ 13.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - U S NAVY FLAG FOXBRIDGE PLATE AUGUST 17 1200Time: 1:46 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Parisian F:B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Has looked good at the trials and the progeny of Swiss Ace typically handle the wet. Has been well backed which is a good sign.Main Danger5 Anneofpaisley F:B(5) W(55.5)( T- Natalie Tanner )WonDividends : $5.40 $1.50Another trial winner which is almost certain to handle the wet being by Ekraar. Each-way odds on offer so is worth the risk.Next Best6 My Superior Girl F:B(7) W(55.5)( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $2.20Ocean Park filly which could make a winning debut. Punters are getting good odds and it could boost payouts here.Include in Multis1 Mr Pickles F:B(6) W(57.5)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Kylie Fawcett )Gets a valuable 3kg off its back and that could make all the difference. Right in this with some luck.Longer Odds4 Voltaire's Secret F:B(5) W(57.5)Has a following and could make an impression on debut.
RemarksMostly debutantes taking to the track here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 5.40Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 6 $ 2.20Quinella 2:5 $ 6.50Trifecta 5:2:6 $ 76.70First4 5:2:6:1 $ 216.90Double 5/3 $ 35.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BECOME A WAIKATO RACING CLUB MEMBER 1600Time: 2:21 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Sultan Of Swing F: 70211B(5) W(60)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.30Has hit top form with consecutive wins. 2kg comes off the back and it's going to be very tough to beat once again.Main Danger4 Andoyas F: 07392B(1) W(54)( J- Darren Danis )Gets the inside draw and only 52kg on the back. Tough to overlook those credentials and it has attracted attention with punters.Next Best6 Hay Tiger F: 2X243B(2) W(54)( T- Glenn Old )Could be suited by running against a small field. Drops nicely down in weights and has a chance to score an overdue win.Include in Multis2 He's Cavalier F: 03325B(4) W(54.5)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- James Hatton )51.5kg on the back after a 3kg claim from Rebecca Scott. That brings it into contention and we're confident of a good effort.Longer Odds5 Crafty Jess F: 12784B(3) W(54)( T- Baker/Forsman )Can handle this grade and be competitive in the finish.
RemarksSix runners but it should be a good winter guide
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 14.00Place1 3 $ 3.70Place2 1 $ 1.30Quinella 1:3 $ 10.00Trifecta 3:1:5 $ 59.70First4 3:1:5:6 $ 188.80Double 5/3 $ 35.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY ANDY 1400Time: 2:54 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Simply Fabulous F:B(8) W(58.5)( T- Danica Guy )Has looked the goods at the trials and has the name to match. Drawn to get a drag into the race and finish off nicely.Main Danger11 Arabian Gift F: X454XB(10) W(56.5)( T- Mark Forbes )PlacedDividend : $1.80Wasn't all that bad from three starts last campaign. Those came in the UK and it's not going to mind conditions at all. Goes into the mix.Next Best2 Kapalka F: 6X494B(9) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.90Has run a couple of good races this time in and it could add some value. Has been nicely backed at each-way odds.Include in Multis9 Amared Rose F: X754XB(6) W(56.5)( T- David Greene )Gets in nicely on the weights and could run a good race here. Drawn well and it could add some value.Longer Odds4 Johnnie Redmond F: 509B(3) W(58.5)( J- Darren Danis )WonDividends : $20.20 $4.80Better than what its form is indicating. Chance at big odds.
RemarksLooks a good form guide for the future
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 20.20Place1 4 $ 4.80Place2 2 $ 2.90Place3 11 $ 1.80Quinella 2:4 $ 91.80Trifecta 4:2:11 $ 975.80First4 4:2:11:5 $ 4094.70Double 4/2 $ 205.70Treble 5/3/4 $ 2707.10Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (3) Simply Fabulous(11) Arabian GiftR7 (2) Crystallize(5) Don't Doubt Me (7) Belle Tem (9) NutteeR8 (1) Tweedledee(4) Wooden Edge (6) Polly GreyR9 (2) Verry Flash(5) Suliman (9) Sweet TreatQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 55
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SIGNATURE HOMES 1400Time: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Crystallize F: 53552B(10) W(58.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Danny Walker )WonDividends : $8.60 $2.60Knocking on the door after a good second placing last time out. Gets a vital 4kg off the back and every bit helps in these conditions.Main Danger5 Don't Doubt Me F: 14662B(5) W(57.5)( T- Wayne Hillis )In good form with a last-start placing. Has a recent win to boast and should be right in the thick of the action here.Next Best9 Nuttee F: X7722B(2) W(56.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Mark Brosnan )Getting close to a win after posting consecutive second placings. Drifting in the betting but it should be right around the mark.Include in Multis7 Belle Tem F: 0X824B(7) W(56.5)( T- Allan Sharrock )Another runner which is being offered at each-way odds. Claim helps and it shouldn't be left out.Longer Odds1 Mr Incredibull F: X0517B(8) W(59)PlacedDividend : $4.60That win two back was good enough to capture our attention.
RemarksPlenty of value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.60Place1 2 $ 2.60Place2 3 $ 3.40Place3 1 $ 4.60Quinella 2:3 $ 39.10Trifecta 2:3:1 $ 676.70First4 2:3:1:5 $ 6788.10Double 4/2 $ 205.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - STAPHANOS @ NOVARA PARK 1600Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Polly Grey F: 10151B(4) W(58)( T- Kylie Fawcett )Has won three times already this campaign and could go back-to-back here. Looks well placed and the money is coming.Main Danger4 Wooden Edge F: X9961B(1) W(59)( J- Mubs Kareem )Loves any moisture in the surface and it scored a long-overdue win last time out. 4kg claim comes off its back. Include.Next Best1 Tweedledee F: X0375B(2) W(60)Continues to battle away nicely and it should be in the thick of the finish. Likely to head forward and be tough to hold out.Include in Multis3 Money Trail F: X0015B(9) W(59)( T- Brendon Hawtin )Has a recent win to boast and it wasn't all that far away last time out. Chance if some luck goes its way.Longer Odds10 Sarabande F: 16916B(12) W(57.5)( T- Jim Collett )Two-time winner this time in and capable of adding another.
RemarksLooks a good form race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 8.50Place1 7 $ 2.60Place2 9 $ 4.50Place3 13 $ 4.70Quinella 7:9 $ 68.80Trifecta 7:9:13 $ 1718.50First4 7:9:13:6 $ 7295.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - BGP BATTLERS CUP 2200Time: 4:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Verry Flash F: 83152B(10) W(59.5)( J- Rebecca Scott )( T- Nicholas Bishara )PlacedDividend : $1.50Consistent type which continues to run nice races. Drawn deep but that could work out well. Gets some weight off its back.Main Danger9 Sweet Treat F: 36441B(5) W(54)( J- Trudy Thornton )PlacedDividend : $2.10Comes into this off a win and that form should hold nicely. Down in the weights and it has every chance of winning again.Next Best5 Suliman F: X7746B(9) W(55.5)( T- Graham Richardson )WonDividends : $7.80 $2.40Can't seem to find a win this time in but it's not far off. Has the ability to be beating this field.Include in Multis3 Azaboy F: 31979B(6) W(59)( T- Richard Collett )Out of form a touch but it showed plenty earlier on this campaign. Drawn well and that form could turn around here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Ali Baba F: X0254B(1) W(54.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Upset material in this.
RemarksMany nice types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.80Place1 5 $ 2.40Place2 9 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 1.50Quinella 5:9 $ 21.40Trifecta 5:9:2 $ 155.70First4 5:9:2:7 $ 672.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%