Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PRINT HOUSE MAIDEN 1400Time: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Holy Mongolemperor F: 8X25XB(1) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.10Tough to take the odds but it should be breaking maiden grades very soon. Inside draw adds to the appeal.Main Danger3 Not Usual Litening F: 79X3B(2) W(57.5)WonDividends : $8.30 $1.60Better run for third last time out and it could continue with that improvement. Over the odds and punters could get the value.Next Best2 Make Time F: 74X3B(6) W(57.5)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $1.50Another which won't take long to break through. Nice run for third last start and it could cause an upset.Include in Multis7 Perfect Dimension F:B(3) W(57.5)Looked solid at the trials but hasn't been seen for a while now. Capable of causing an upset and track conditions should suit.Longer Odds4 Dark Horse F: 0B(10) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- John Bell )Stable is going well and it's better than its debut run suggests.
RemarksMarket dominated by the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.30Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.10Place3 2 $ 1.50Quinella 1:3 $ 4.00Trifecta 3:1:2 $ 35.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NATIONWIDE LIVESTOCK MAIDEN 1600Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Mongolian Sun F: 732B(3) W(57)Potential to follow in the footsteps of its stablemate in the first. Looks a nice type in the making and we're confident of a good run.Main Danger8 Foogayzee F: 7X564B(1) W(57)( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $1.50Didn't let down as well as expected last start. Might try settle closer to the pace, which is always a positive at Te Rapa.Next Best7 Seven Aajes F: 34B(7) W(57)Nothing wrong with its two starts to date and it has been respected in the betting. Starting to drift a touch but keep safe.Include in Multis1 Plushenko F: 37245B(8) W(58.5)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- G & T Shaw )WonDividends : $7.90 $1.90Mixing its form of late but usually puts itself in the race. Valuable 3kg coming off its back so include here.Longer Odds4 Master Herb F: X0276B(5) W(58.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Debbie Sweeney )Good enough to land on the speed and battle nicely.
RemarksAnother capable maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.90Place1 1 $ 1.90Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 5.60Quinella 1:8 $ 19.10Trifecta 1:8:5 $ 526.40First4 1:8:5:6 $ 1485.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - LODGE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT 1500Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Ata Rangi F: 21X49B(3) W(58.5)( T- John Bell )The Bell stable could be in for a good day. Looking to forgive that last start effort and go on its previous form. Top chance on that.Main Danger9 Caribbean Rose F: 232X1B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Scored a deserved win to break maiden status last start. Drawn well here and we're expecting more of the same. Right in this.Next Best8 She's Fearless F: 2X333B(1) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.40Can't seem to break the run of placings. The talent is there and it's too good to leave out. No excuses from the draw.Include in Multis5 Peloton F: 18257B(7) W(57.5)( T- Andrew Campbell )WonDividends : $4.80 $1.80Another runner which has the talent to rise through the grades. Just needs to start putting it all together.Longer Odds7 Flying Trapeze F: 31X07B(10) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Graham Richardson )Should be fitter for recent racing. Consider at odds.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.80Place1 5 $ 1.80Place2 8 $ 1.40Place3 9 $ 1.90Quinella 5:8 $ 10.20Trifecta 5:8:9 $ 78.10First4 5:8:9:10 $ 1279.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - DUNSTAN FEEDS STAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERTime: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Spring Delight F: 9X728B(8) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.40Suited by this track and racing against a field with plenty of back markers. Could settle close and kick away in the straight.Main Danger1 Beauty Star F: 12169B(2) W(60.5)Better suited with pace but it has too much talent to ignore. Nice turn-of-foot and that could be seen here. Don't risk.Next Best5 Steven James F: X6845B(1) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- John Morell )PlacedDividend : $1.80Gets the inside draw and it should be competitive from there. Form is about to improve and that could be evident in this.Include in Multis4 Rangitata F: 2X114B(5) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Scored back-to-back wins earlier this campaign. Battled well enough last start. Each-way odds are appealing.Longer Odds2 Blackmagicwoman F: 91334B(4) W(59.5)( J- Eilish McCall )Always a winning chance. Nice odds on offer.
RemarksThese races are always hotly contested
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 8.00Place1 8 $ 2.00Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 7 $ 1.40Quinella 5:8 $ 18.80Trifecta 8:5:7 $ 176.60First4 8:5:7:1 $ 605.20Double 5/8 $ 31.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - LODGE COMMERCIAL 2200Time: 2:48 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Malik F: 71532B(13) W(59.5)Going to need luck from the draw but it has time to find cover over 2200m. In good form and it should be going close against this field.Main Danger4 Evana Rahma F: 04316B(5) W(57.5)A little flat-footed last start. Looked good when winning prior so go on that form. Each-way odds on offer.Next Best8 Stilton F: 0X043B(9) W(56.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Graham Richardson )PlacedDividend : $2.80Shouldn't be too far off a win given its last start run. Has been specked at odds so consider.Include in Multis10 Winklebelle F: 55X72B(7) W(56.5)( T- Ben Foote )Looks likely to score soon after another tidy effort last start. Well supported and should be included.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Seemax F: 01363B(3) W(57)( J- Mubs Kareem )( T- Michael Wallace )WonDividends : $12.70 $3.30Will enjoy the weight relief so include for value.
RemarksPunters are getting good odds in the quaddie opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 12.70Place1 6 $ 3.30Place2 8 $ 2.80Place3 9 $ 3.40Quinella 6:8 $ 54.60Trifecta 6:8:9 $ 1026.50First4 6:8:9:4 $ 4429.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Malik(4) Evana Rahma (8) StiltonR6 (2) New York Jazz(3) Western Choice (6) So Wicked (10) Roc ChaR7 (2) Cutting Up Rough(6) Crafty Jess (9) RedcayenneR8 (2) Intrigue(5) Germanicus (6) Tammie WynetteQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - LODGE BODY CORPORATE 1200Time: 3:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Roc Cha F: 16239B(1) W(55.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $1.90Will be aided by the inside draw and weight coming off its back. Can turn around a poor recent outing. Goes on top.Main Danger3 Western Choice F: 41B(5) W(59)( T- Alex Oliveira )Broke maiden grades nice and early with an impressive win at Te Rapa. Enjoys this track and Sam Spratt rides well there.Next Best2 New York Jazz F: 23602B(6) W(59.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Stephen Ralph )WonDividends : $5.20 $1.90Might not be the best horse around but it always battles on well. Has form on this course and that helps. 2kg comes off its back.Include in Multis6 So Wicked F: 3065XB(4) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $2.00Gets its chance here to score fresh up. Has shown early pace in the pace so consider.Longer Odds8 Cenghar F: 138XB(10) W(56.5)( T- Graeme Hughes )Showed ability when last in work. Chance at its best.
RemarksLooks a wide-open race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.20Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 6 $ 2.00Place3 10 $ 1.90Quinella 2:6 $ 14.70Trifecta 2:6:10 $ 140.50First4 2:6:10:11 $ 1371.50Double 6/2 $ 37.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LODGE REAL ESTATE 1600Time: 3:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Crafty Jess F: 6X741B(7) W(54)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Scored an overdue win last start and looks likely to go on with it now. Drops down to 51kg with the claim and it's tough to beat from there.Main Danger9 Redcayenne F: 388X5B(1) W(54)Needed the fresh up run and it has a win and a placing from four second-up starts. Another well-weighted runner.Next Best2 Cutting Up Rough F: 11227B(4) W(56.5)( J- Alysha Collett )( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $7.30 $2.00Always tough to beat and despite never winning on this track, it's a four-time winner over this distance. Chance with some luck.Include in Multis3 Hay Tiger F: 21915B(6) W(56.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $2.10Clearly good enough to take this out. Recent winner still has plenty of upside.Longer Odds8 Neeson F: 2X533B(5) W(54)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $2.10Always battles on and the odds are appealing.
RemarksSmaller field but there are some nice types lining up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 7.30Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 8 $ 2.10Place3 3 $ 2.10Quinella 2:8 $ 22.30Trifecta 2:8:3 $ 174.30First4 2:8:3:4 $ 897.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - LODGE RESIDENTIAL 1600Time: 4:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Germanicus F: 14201B(3) W(58)( T- Danica Guy )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.50Looked the goods when scoring last start. Drawn well here and it could continue winning. Has been best-backed to win.Main Danger2 Intrigue F: 0X439B(1) W(60.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Trip to Australia might have taken the sting out of its legs. Should be fitter now and ready to strike. Talented at best.Next Best6 Tammie Wynette F: 35114B(7) W(57.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Kim Coxon )Scored back-to-back wins before running nicely for fourth last start. Every chance to win this.Include in Multis3 Bully Boy F: 79X92B(8) W(60.5)( J- Alysha Collett )( T- S & E Clotworthy )PlacedDividend : $2.50Better effort last time out. Faces a tough field here but it's worth including in win selections.Longer Odds11 Ladylax F: 61020B(4) W(56)Not consistent but capable.
RemarksNice mile to close the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.20Place1 5 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 2.50Quinella 2:5 $ 4.70Trifecta 5:2:3 $ 51.40First4 5:2:3:6 $ 112.80Double 2/5+ $ 19.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%