Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LEGENDS DAY 8TH FEB ON SALE NOW 2100Time: 12:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Mazzuro F: 40X89B(8) W(60)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.30Won in the city in Melbourne at 3 over ground. Now five in the 65 grade third up and wasn’t a bad run last time. Can win at each way oddsMain Danger8 Uabasso F: 82242B(6) W(57)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Cydne Evans )Ultra consistent and never runs a bad race over ground and on a decent surface. Will be in the money.Next Best9 Heliberry F: 13345B(7) W(56.5)( T- Mark Forbes )Been going nice enough races and looks well suited to a bit of distance.Include in Multis2 Mighty Connor F: 10X09B(4) W(60)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- Jacob McKay )PlacedDividend : $3.50Showed staying promise last season. Third up should be ready to run a big raceLonger Odds11 Thousand Stars F: 13X08B(9) W(56.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Danica Guy )Showed promise over ground last prep. Can run a big race now over ground this prep.
RemarksFirst race of the day and it’s an even one
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.40Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 5 $ 8.30Place3 2 $ 3.50Quinella 1:5 $ 102.30Trifecta 1:5:2 $ 1692.60First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE $5K STAKE TOP UP MAIDEN 1600Time: 1:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick15 Wild West F: 22B(13) W(56)( T- Danica Guy )Will go forward and off his two seconds so far he will take some catching.Main Danger7 Baby Face F: 25X35B(6) W(56.5)WonDividends : $4.80 $1.80Been getting home nicely both runs this prep. Nice run last time at Te Teko and will enjoy the tempo and track today.Next Best14 Ranger F: 52X33B(7) W(56)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Debbie Sweeney )PlacedDividend : $1.80Returned in good order. Both thirds have been good looks to lead and suited by the extra distance.Include in Multis9 Out Of The Park F: 26963B(9) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Tony Pike )18 starts without a win but many placings. Racing well and will go close today.Longer Odds2 Takeiteasy F: 3X8B(5) W(58.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Glenn Old )Good on debut before spelling. Poor fresh up but will be fitter and could be the roughie.
RemarksNice full field with many chances.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.80Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 14 $ 1.80Place3 5 $ 2.80Quinella 7:14 $ 8.60Trifecta 7:14:5 $ 109.50First4 7:14:5:1 $ 1200.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 7, 9, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MELBOURNE CUP AT TE RAPA MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Let Me Tell Ya F: 7X433B(10) W(56.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Nice mare who have been good all this prep. Got home well last time and looks ready to go a big one today.Main Danger6 Soft Hearted F: 08X22B(1) W(56.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )PlacedDividend : $1.50Both runs this prep good and from the ace draw hard to see her not looking like the winner at some point.Next Best16 Miradello F: 9X535B(8) W(54)( T- Lance Noble )All three runs this prep have had merit. Looks a good hope in this.Include in Multis19 Dragon Leap F:B(12) W(56)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $15.10 $4.00Bought for over $1 million. Trials have been good and I expect good late ground.Longer Odds1 Captive F: 03B(13) W(58.5)( T- Robert Priscott )PlacedDividend : $5.50Much better last start than debut and had an excuse when lost his plate. Looks an odds runner
RemarksAnother open race on the card.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 19 $ 15.10Place1 19 $ 4.00Place2 6 $ 1.50Place3 1 $ 5.50Quinella 6:19 $ 25.00Trifecta 19:6:1 $ 810.50First4 19:6:1:12 $ 4958.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 7, 16, 19RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB READY TO RUN SALE NOV 21-22 2100Time: 2:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Katie Perrie F: 79X22B(11) W(54)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )Good staying mare who has run two great races this prep. Now third up also up in distance. Looks a good each way bet.Main Danger2 Felaar F: 06X06B(10) W(60.5)Another good staying horse who is building to some good targets. Good over a mile last prep and should run well today.Next Best13 Ripcord F: 71147B(12) W(54)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Kevin Myers )Very good last time. Been well backed in NZ Cup and will run well in this to be competitive down south.Include in Multis4 Athena Baby F: 32357B(4) W(60)( T- John Bell )Tackled the big wigs last time last time in the Livermol. Back in grade and should run well.Longer Odds10 De Koning F: 9X013B(13) W(54.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )Likely to go forward been racing well and suited by the distance
RemarksSome New Zealand Cup hopefuls line up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 13.40Place1 1 $ 3.70Place2 12 $ 5.70Place3 5 $ 3.90Quinella 1:12 $ 113.10Trifecta 1:12:5 $ 2472.40First4 1:12:5:11 $ 8730.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 10, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DISTINCTION HOTEL 1600Time: 3:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Zamax F: 63123B(8) W(59.5)( T- Lauren Brennan )PlacedDividend : $1.60Part owned by Opie. He has been very good since his win. Capable of winning this.Main Danger11 Dance Card F: 321X9B(7) W(56.5)( T- Lance Noble )Made nice ground over 1200 last time up to the mile and could run well at a nice price.Next Best10 Nomoathaj F: 41X33B(1) W(57.5)( T- Mark Forbes )Both runs since running in NZ for third. Looks a chance in this.Include in Multis9 Lady Sequoyah F: 09003B(9) W(57.5)No luck two back and was a good run last start for third. Capable of figuring in the finish.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Billy Mav F: X4314B(12) W(58.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Kevin Myers )Was a touch unlucky last start after a nice maiden win. Can run well at odds.
RemarksAnother highly competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 12.40Place1 14 $ 3.60Place2 13 $ 2.80Place3 4 $ 1.60Quinella 13:14 $ 51.10Trifecta 14:13:4 $ 627.40First4 14:13:4:10 $ 3271.40Double 1/14 $ 105.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - FOSTER CONSTRUCTION 1200Time: 3:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Exuberant F: 9X327B(11) W(61)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Good stakes winning colt. Very good second at Ruakaka behind Catalyst. Struggled in Hawke’s Bay Guineas but good chance here to win.Main Danger5 Pimms 'N' Pearls F: 222X2B(4) W(58)( T- Ross McCarroll )Likely leader who was very good fresh up. Now second up and always honest.Next Best2 Virtuoso Lad F: 7533XB(9) W(60)( T- Karen Fursdon )Was very good at the trials behind Fernando. Off that trial he can run very competitive.Include in Multis13 Heart Of Stone F: X13X0B(8) W(56.5)( T- John Bary )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good filly who was too keen last time but will take improve from that run. If she settles she should run well.Longer Odds12 Flaunt It Girl F: 70X15B(10) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Jason Price )Got home fresh up well to win. Nice run second up and looks a good chance at odds today.
RemarksGood potential sprinting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 24.80Place1 6 $ 5.50Place2 4 $ 4.60Place3 13 $ 2.10Quinella 4:6 $ 141.60Trifecta 6:4:13 $ 2753.00First4 6:4:13:2 $ 7866.70Treble 1/14/6 $ 2285.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Exuberant(2) Virtuoso Lad (5) Pimms 'N' PearlsR7 (1) EquinoxR8 (2) True Enough(4) Magnum (8) Concert HallR9 (7) Masetto(10) Soda (12) Spring DelightQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - JAMES AND ANNIE SARTEN MEMORIAL STAKES (GROUP 2)Time: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Equinox F: 17X21B(1) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )Well bred colt who was very impressive winning on a heavy surface. Fresh up was good behind Catalyst looks hard to beat.Main Danger9 Chiaretta F: 2X1B(4) W(54.5)Very impressive fresh up. Second up today and can make her present felt today.Next Best2 Harlech F: 83X12B(2) W(56.5)( J- Michael McNab )WonDividends : $14.60 $3.10Highly rated 3 year old who won well fresh up. Didn’t get the best trip last time and will be fitter for the run on a better surface.Include in Multis3 Double Impact F: 13B(9) W(56.5)( T- Keith Hawtin )Very impressive on debut and was green last start. Will improve from that run over more ground.Longer Odds7 Bella Mente F: 43X02B(11) W(54.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $3.00Group 1 placed at 2. Vet problem fresh up who was very good last start. Will be fitter and watch for good late ground at longer odds
RemarksToday’s feature and the last lead up to the Guineas races
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 14.60Place1 2 $ 3.10Place2 5 $ 3.90Place3 7 $ 3.00Quinella 2:5 $ 68.10Trifecta 2:5:7 $ 1054.00First4 2:5:7:11 $ 45086.70Double 6/2 $ 119.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BCD GROUP OPEN HANDICAP 1600Time: 4:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Concert Hall F: 18X82B(7) W(54)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- James/Wellwood )Talented mare who was very good in a strong mile race last start. Will be ready to win now third up.Main Danger2 True Enough F: 123X1B(4) W(59)( J- Jonathan Riddell )PlacedDividend : $1.90Good winner in a Group 3 fresh up. Will go forward and likely to be hard to pass again.Next Best4 Magnum F: 73X34B(8) W(57)( T- Lauren Brennan )Honest runner who was good fresh up. Got home well behind True Enough. Mile suits him today.Include in Multis11 Cutting Up Rough F: 6X611B(5) W(54)( T- Ralph Manning )PlacedDividend : $5.20Has put two together really well. With the last start performance a dead heat with Hartley. Can go close with the rise in class and with 52kg.Longer Odds1 Saint Emilion F: 602X3B(6) W(60.5)Group 1 winning horse who will be on pace and was good fresh up. Can run well at odds.
RemarksVery good open handicap race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 19.00Place1 16 $ 5.00Place2 11 $ 5.20Place3 2 $ 1.90Quinella 11:16 $ 143.40Trifecta 16:11:2 $ 1465.50First4 16:11:2:9 $ 12911.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - LODGE REAL ESTATE 1600Time: 5:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Masetto F: 538X2B(11) W(59)( J- Donavan Mansour )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.10Very good fresh up for second. Always been highly rated and looks the one to beat in the last. Only concern is he can do things wrong in the race.Main Danger12 Spring Delight F: 0129XB(12) W(57.5)Looked promising at 3 with a Stakes placing to her name. Good winner at the trials and looks on track to run good fresh upNext Best10 Soda F: 21X11B(6) W(58)( T- Darryn Weatherley )Good maiden winner before spell. Both win this prep have been good with the last in this grade and no reason why she can’t stay unbeaten this prep.Include in Multis8 Polzeath F: 730X6B(4) W(58.5)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- M & K Murdoch )Nice run fresh up. Should be on speed and will be fitter for the fresh up run.Longer Odds1 Big Ben F: 75512B(1) W(60)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- Olivia Duffy )PlacedDividend : $2.90Won well here two back with a good run at Hawera last time. Only concern is the weight.
RemarksLast race of the day and some talented horses are involved
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.40Place1 7 $ 2.10Place2 4 $ 2.60Place3 1 $ 2.90Quinella 4:7 $ 21.30Trifecta 7:4:1 $ 214.00First4 7:4:1:13 $ 3001.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%