Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CAL ISUZU 1400Time: 12:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Copper Mine F: X1522B(4) W(57)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )Just beaten last start prior form is solid. Only concern is track conditions.Main Danger3 Saignon F: 843X1B(5) W(57)Won very well fresh up last week. Capable of winning again/Next Best1 Viktor Vegas F: 526X1B(2) W(59)( T- Peter Lock )PlacedDividend : $1.90Won very well on a testing Awapuni. This won't be as heavy but has been kept fresh for this.Include in Multis2 The Good Fight F: 1249XB(3) W(58)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $4.40 $2.00Quality stayer who is fresh up. Will improve from the run but don't expect him not to run a good race.Longer Odds5 Nuclear Fusion F: 74350B(1) W(54)Form was good before lameness last start. Had a spell since and looks the over for this.
RemarksSmall but quality field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.40Place1 2 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.90Quinella 1:2 $ 6.30Trifecta 2:1:7 $ 90.30First4 2:1:7:3 $ 241.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WIN THE GROUP 2 WAIKATO GUINEAS 1100Time: 12:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Roc Cha F: 5242B(1) W(54)WonDividends : $1.80 $1.40This filly brings the best form with placings behind London Bound, Flaunting and Sai Fah. Looks well placed to win and very fit.Main Danger1 Maybeashowoff F: 457X7B(7) W(57.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- David Greene )Only horse in this with a win to his name and the only runner not trained by Rogerson. Had excuses fresh up and could run well.Next Best3 Easyrider F: 7X0B(4) W(56)( J- Cameron Lammas )Easy trial winner prior to not travelling at Waverley. Could improve off thatInclude in Multis2 Curve F: 327XB(6) W(56)( J- Shiarna Johnson )Ran some nice races at Wairoa and Trentham last prep. No trial prior to today is a worry fitness wise.Longer Odds4 Mascarpone F:B(2) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.70Trial was ok and could go well on debut.
RemarksDavid Greene vs Team Rogerson
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 1.80Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 3.70Quinella 4:7 $ 9.10Trifecta 7:4:3 $ 55.30First4 7:4:3:5 $ 232.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - US NAVY FLAG FOXBRIDGE PLATE 17 AUG 1200Time: 1:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Resurrect F: 639X3B(5) W(54)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Very good effort fresh up. Does race well here gets 3kg off. Looks well placed in the speed map and looks good value.Main Danger4 Malambo F: 0X443B(3) W(54)( J- Shiarna Johnson )WonDividends : $3.90 $2.20Racing well before a freshen up. Like Waikato and gets 4kg off.Next Best2 Southern Icon F: 79X1XB(6) W(59.5)( T- Alan Tait )Won well fresh up in April. This race has plenty of pace but weill still lead and could be hard to pass.Include in Multis1 Comeback F: 11259B(2) W(60)( J- Joshua Kam )PlacedDividend : $2.30Was in great winning form a few weeks ago. Form has been off lately but with a 4kg claim can run well.Longer Odds6 Southern Princess F: 5211XB(1) W(54)( T- Peter Lock )Returning off a long break from injury. Trial was good enough to suggest it will run well fresh
RemarksGood value with my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.90Place1 4 $ 2.20Place2 1 $ 2.30Quinella 1:4 $ 7.80Trifecta 4:1:3 $ 68.00First4 4:1:3:2 $ 178.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LODGE REAL ESTATE MAIDEN 1600Time: 1:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Beauty Star F: 8244B(15) W(58.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.60Been good all his starts to date. Rocketed home when second and both fourth looked to me that 1600m suits. Looks hard to beatMain Danger1 Because F: 33324B(13) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Very consistent. Just beaten two back and saddle slipped last start. Luck today and their is no excuses.Next Best3 Drake Bay F: 0X457B(12) W(58.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Margaret Falconer )PlacedDividend : $2.90Had a freshened up from last start. Been well supported last 24 hours and the stable expect a big run.Include in Multis12 Amared Rose F: 754X6B(7) W(56.5)( T- David Greene )Got back last start and made decent ground. Will improve from that and will run well.Longer Odds11 Global Diamond F: 0X266B(6) W(56.5)Good fresh up. Hasn't been bad since and Trudy could be the key today.
RemarksGood maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.80Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.30Place3 3 $ 2.90Quinella 1:2 $ 4.80Trifecta 2:1:3 $ 48.30First4 2:1:3:8 $ 1670.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - RACE A HORSE WITH TE AKAU 1600Time: 2:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 No Loitering F: 58441B(10) W(60.5)( J- Erin Leighton )( T- Iain Marks )WonDividends : $7.80 $2.80In good form and won very well last start. Goes well for Erin and looks well placed again.Main Danger6 Polly Grey F: 01514B(9) W(58)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Kylie Fawcett )PlacedDividend : $1.60Loves Te Rapa with both her wins in formline. Got carted last start and made good ground looks a good winning chance.Next Best5 Midnight Story F: 31582B(12) W(58)( T- Trudy Keegan )Tough effort wide the trip last time. Wide draw again but will roll forward and she will be brave again.Include in Multis12 Magdala F: 25141B(11) W(55.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Clayton Chipperfield )PlacedDividend : $2.50Easy winner on a testing Taranaki track. Tough mare who will account herself here well.Longer Odds4 Money Trail F: 00155B(5) W(59)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Brendon Hawtin )Both runs since his win have been good. In good form and I can see this horse running another top race.
RemarksVery competitive field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 7.80Place1 1 $ 2.80Place2 6 $ 1.60Place3 12 $ 2.50Quinella 1:6 $ 14.10Trifecta 1:6:12 $ 193.70First4 1:6:12:3 $ 2663.30Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) No Loitering(6) Polly GreyR6 (3) Andoyas(5) Divine Duke (7) The Heiress (8) Sweet TreatR7 (1) Bak Da Master(8) Scaglioni (10) Just TreasureR8 (1) Aero De Paris(3) Nice Shot (5) Wisdom Patch (8) Tiny TerrorQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ALLIED SECURITY 2100Time: 3:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Sweet Treat F: 64412B(2) W(54)In good form at Te Rapa. Won well here two back and a good second behind Suliman with Verry Flash third. Looks hard to beat.Main Danger3 Andoyas F: 07392B(6) W(60)( J- Darren Danis )Good second behind Sultan Of Swing last time. Been scratched between runs at barriers but looks well placed hereNext Best5 Divine Duke F: 46X34B(5) W(56.5)Both runs to date this prep have been good. Now third up he is very fit and expecting a good run.Include in Multis7 The Heiress F: 06634B(4) W(54.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )This mare form has improved over recent starts. Good run last start and a win is not far away Matt Cameron helps here.Longer Odds9 The Poormanzabeel F: 8X085B(8) W(54)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- C & S Phelan )Form isn't great but first time over ground maybe key to his chances today.
RemarksNice staying field with some jumping in the mix
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 8.10Place1 10 $ 2.80Place2 6 $ 1.90Place3 1 $ 3.90Quinella 6:10 $ 20.40Trifecta 10:6:1 $ 389.20First4 10:6:1:4 $ 5226.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BCD GROUP 2100Time: 3:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Scaglioni F: 74463B(13) W(58)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Tarissa Mitchell )Racing in good form with a good third here. Form prior good. Dropping back in grade and looks hard to beat.Main Danger10 Just Treasure F: 32126B(12) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ross McCarroll )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.80Another in good form, wWinning well here three back. Hot favourite when second and was well backed at Matamata but never travelled. Claiming today and the increase in distance may help her travel.Next Best1 Bak Da Master F: X6242B(10) W(59.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.90Never runs a bad race without winning. All runs this prep good. Won't be far away again in thisInclude in Multis18 Tipperary Mary F: 02082B(1) W(54.5)( T- Jim Wallace )Made the field from the ballot. Racing well and the increase in distance suitsLonger Odds5 Mister Geronimo F: 61647B(2) W(58)( T- Trudy Keegan )Racing well. Runs have been good without much luck since his win and a top run here would not surprise.
RemarksTough race with value on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 4.60Place1 10 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 1.90Place3 2 $ 7.00Quinella 1:10 $ 9.50Trifecta 10:1:2 $ 329.90First4 10:1:2:13 $ 4756.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 8, 10, 18RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SVS 1200Time: 4:14 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Aero De Paris F: 66X21B(9) W(59.5)( J- Craig Grylls )PlacedDividend : $1.70Both runs this prep have been great. Seems to handle all track conditions and a win with top weight would not surprise.Main Danger5 Wisdom Patch F: 5X832B(7) W(59)WonDividends : $7.80 $2.60Been in very good form. Close to win after a good third behind Aero De Paris and just beaten for second last start. Can win this.Next Best8 Tiny Terror F: 197X2B(14) W(58.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Promising horse who was good fresh up had time between runs but I'm expecting another top run.Include in Multis11 Mrs Rumble F: 26X17B(3) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Won well fresh up here. Didn't handle Awapuni can go better.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Nice Shot F: 8312XB(5) W(59)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Brian McKeagg )Trials have been good and the stable confidence is high. Should handle the track.
RemarksLast race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 7.80Place1 5 $ 2.60Place2 1 $ 1.70Place3 9 $ 2.70Quinella 1:5 $ 10.30Trifecta 5:1:9 $ 143.70First4 5:1:9:6 $ 1096.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%