Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - JUMPS DAY 18TH MAY PACKAGES AVAILABLE NOW HURDLETime: 11:55 | Distance: 2800m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Duffers Creek F: 56833B(10) W(68)( J- Shaun Fannin )( T- Kevin Myers )WonDividends : $1.70 $1.20Looks well-placed here and this role looks ideal. Has been backed off the map and we're not surprised.Main Danger1 Georgethefifth F: 66X90B(1) W(68)( J- Mathew Gillies )( T- Clinton Isdale )Needed both runs back in and this is going to suit nicely. Has a nice future over the jumps and it should go close.Next Best8 Markwood F: 85028B(2) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- S & E Clotworthy )Struggling to find its best form but it might not need it to win this. Goes into the mix.Include in Multis2 Arite Guru F: 87367B(9) W(68)( T- S & E Clotworthy )Gutsy customer which keeps on giving. Might need to find a length but this isn't a deep field.Longer Odds4 Commander F: 0X975B(6) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.50Improving run last start and that warrants attention.
RemarksMost of the money with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 1.70Place1 5 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 15.30Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 5:9 $ 81.80Trifecta 5:9:4 $ 510.00First4 5:9:4:1 $ 2955.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SIGNATURE HOMES HURDLETime: 12:30 | Distance: 2800m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Hesalljazz F: 061X8B(5) W(67)( J- Lemmy Douglas )( T- Stephen Ralph )PlacedDividend : $3.10Needed the run last time out and it should be fitter for this. The Ralph stable is firing at present and we wouldn't look past it.Main Danger3 Perry Mason F: 112X9B(2) W(65)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Nelson/McDougal )Has been going well enough to be considered here in past campaigns. Nice hit out last start.Next Best1 Tommyra F: 05755B(4) W(67.5)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Toby Autridge )Has been around the mark this campaign and won't need to improve much to take this out. Right in the mix.Include in Multis7 Nothing Trivial F: 54357B(3) W(65)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Wayne Hillis )Hasn't won for awhile now but it gets in with a good weight here. Looks an each-way chance again.Longer Odds8 Raaj F: 9X535B(6) W(65)( T- Lesley Munro )Knows how to stay and could run nicely at odds.
RemarksEvery runner currently quoted at single-figure odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.40Place1 4 $ 2.80Place2 2 $ 3.10Quinella 2:4 $ 18.70Trifecta 4:2:1 $ 109.30First4 4:2:1:7 $ 584.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BGP - THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT 1200Time: 1:03 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Salt Bay F: 14311B(7) W(54)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Had late support and got the job done nicely last start. Every chance with only 54kg and it could rattle home again.Main Danger6 Short Fuse F: 39231B(6) W(55.5)( T- Richardson/Parker )Capped off consistent performances with a win last time out. Gets a 2kg claim in the saddle and that could make all the difference.Next Best3 Malambo F: 480X4B(1) W(58)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )Speedster which ran a solid race for fourth against tough opposition. Gets the much-needed inside draw and it should go close.Include in Multis5 Merlini F: 27256B(4) W(56)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.00Twice-placed from its last five starts. Has more ability than many of these and it could add some value in a tough betting race.Longer Odds7 Joy Anna F: 04754B(5) W(54.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Mark Blackie )PlacedDividend : $3.40Has run well on this track in the past and it could run well at double-figure odds.
RemarksWinning form throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.10Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 5 $ 2.00Place3 7 $ 3.40Quinella 4:5 $ 30.50Trifecta 4:5:7 $ 566.30First4 4:5:7:3 $ 4522.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - KEN & ROGER BROWNE MEMORIAL STEEPLECHASETime: 1:39 | Distance: 3900m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 The Arabian Duke F: 21X75B(4) W(68)( T- Karyn McQuade )PlacedDividend : $1.60Having had race fitness could be key in this race. Two starts already this campaign and we're not surprised to see plenty of money come its way.Main Danger2 Shamal F: 5113XB(2) W(69.5)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.50Showed its ability last campaign when winning two on the trot. Could resume here with something similar.Next Best1 Thenamesbond F: 68PX0B(3) W(71)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Stephen Ralph )Proven jumper which rarely goes a bad race at Te Rapa. Should be right around the mark as usual.Include in Multis7 Magic Wonder F: 11X68B(7) W(66)( J- Mathew Gillies )( T- Jo Rathbone )Could be the new jumper on the scene. Unbeaten over the jumps and it has plenty of upside this winter. Must include on talent alone.Longer Odds9 Mr Enthusiastic F: 3X745B(9) W(65)( J- Stephan Karnicnik )( T- John Wheeler )Battles away and it could add some value to selections.
RemarksLooks a classic steeplechase in the making
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.10Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 8.40Quinella 2:3 $ 7.00Trifecta 2:3:8 $ 303.00First4 2:3:8:5 $ 1924.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BCD GROUP 2200Time: 2:14 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'13 Hasabro F: X9134B(4) W(54)( T- Stephen McKee )Made good ground last start and that should benefit it going forward. Has experience in Australia and that should take it a long way.Main Danger11 Bobby Dee F: 17463B(12) W(55)( J- Craig Grylls )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.90Good form around some stakes graded races. Drawn deep but it will likely settle worse of midfield and come with a big late run.Next Best3 Artiste F: 31415B(7) W(57.5)Not the most consistent winner but it's rarely far away. Scored well two back and wasn't overly disappointing last start. Chance again.Include in Multis9 Cha Siu Bao F: 13353B(14) W(55.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Three third placings from its last four starts and it could be around the mark here. Just needs to race within itself.Longer Odds2 Excalibur F: 46064B(2) W(59.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Has race fitness to call upon and an inside draw helps.
RemarksValue all over this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 4.00Place1 11 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 3.20Place3 6 $ 4.60Quinella 5:11 $ 21.10Trifecta 11:5:6 $ 402.80First4 11:5:6:3 $ 2068.70Double 2/11+ $ 25.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WAIKATO EQUINE VETERINARY CENTRE 2YO STAKESTime: 2:49 | Distance: 1100m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Whiskey Neat F: 117XB(6) W(56.5)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $1.30Looked good in a recent trial and its two wins prior to its last start defeat were top drawer. Looks to have the best credentials.Main Danger8 Folk Dress F: 4211B(7) W(54.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Jamie Richards )Living up to its reputation with quality back-to-back wins. Gets in well off on the weights and it should have every chance to shine.Next Best10 Ramazzotti F: 1B(2) W(54.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )PlacedDividend : $2.80Impressive on debut and it has many more wins to come. Drawn well and will likely sit just behind the speed and flash late.Include in Multis7 Rainbow Dash F: 12612B(8) W(54.5)( J- Kelly McCulloch )( T- Jenna Mahoney )WonDividends : $6.60 $1.90Beaten on its merits last start but the win prior was good. Won't need to improve much to win here.Longer Odds9 Bronte Beach F: 51B(10) W(54.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Stephen Marsh )Burst late to win last start. That's the sign of a good horse. Follow.
RemarksThis should be a good form guide for next spring
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.60Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 1.30Place3 10 $ 2.80Quinella 1:7 $ 5.90Trifecta 7:1:10 $ 91.20First4 7:1:10:8 $ 331.90Treble 2/11+/7 $ 303.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Whiskey Neat(8) Folk Dress (10) RamazzottiR7 (1) Beached As Bro(2) Flying Grand (3) Firoden (11) Eleanor RigbyR8 (4) Pep Torque(12) Ignored (13) ZenvoR9 (1) The Ice Knight(4) Copper Mine (5) Ginger King (14) MarijaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - J SWAP 1600Time: 3:24 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Flying Grand F: 14B(11) W(59)( T- Shane Crawford )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.80Nice debut winner and it wasn't far behind last start. Should regain form quickly and make a play here.Main Danger3 Firoden F: 14565B(4) W(58.5)( T- Steven Reid )PlacedDividend : $2.60Around the mark since winning five back and it could offer some value.Next Best11 Eleanor Rigby F: 38167B(8) W(56.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )Needs the pace to be on in order to show its best. Will get back and make a late run, but the speed should be on in a big field.Include in Multis1 Beached As Bro F: 241X5B(3) W(59)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Stephen Marsh )Needed the fresh up run and if it shows the same form as last campaign, it could add some value.Longer Odds8 Shadows F: 59476B(7) W(57.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen McKee )Not the worst run last start and it's an upset chance at odds.
RemarksNo clear favourite in a wide-open affair
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.30Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 13 $ 3.80Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 2:13 $ 33.70Trifecta 2:13:3 $ 441.90First4 2:13:3:11 $ 1573.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PATHWAYS - THE IMMIGRATION SPECIALISTS 1600Time: 4:04 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Ignored F: 1X615B(2) W(56)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.70Won't be ignored down in the weights with the 2kg off its back. Drawn to feature and it's another well-priced commodity.Main Danger13 Zenvo F: 73121B(4) W(56)( T- Trevor Da Cruz )Plenty of upside surrounding this last start winner. Has exceeded expectations to date and could continue to do so.Next Best4 Pep Torque F: 31273B(7) W(59.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Kirsty Lawrence )Right around the mark this season and punters are getting good odds this time around.Include in Multis7 Master Painton F: 24427B(1) W(58.5)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Stephen Autridge )Always a chance when given a soft run. That could be the case off the inside draw and punters are getting double-figure odds.Longer Odds9 Franklin F: 52815B(11) W(57.5)Recent winner which could go well enough to score at odds.
RemarksPunters are getting another good field with some nice types engaged
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 3.80Place1 12 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 4.20Place3 6 $ 4.80Quinella 2:12 $ 30.20Trifecta 12:2:6 $ 597.10First4 12:2:6:7 $ 5064.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 7, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - TE AKAU RACING SUPPORTING BGP 1200Time: 4:44 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Ginger King F: 21B(12) W(59)( T- K & B Kelso )PlacedDividend : $1.80Looks to have a nice future ahead of it and it only needs luck from a tough barrier to win.Main Danger1 The Ice Knight F:B(14)Form appears average but it's a much better horse than that. Tricky draw but expect money to come for it on the day.Next Best14 Marija F: 718X3B(19) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Capable type which has drawn barrier 17, but comes into this with some luck. Each way odds on offer and it appeals.Include in Multis4 Copper Mine F: 1X55XB(3) W(59)( T- Catherine Cameron )WonDividends : $7.40 $2.50Has the ability to run good sectionals and punters are getting nice odds. Right in this with a good run throughout.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Hatton Garden F: 4034XB(2) W(58)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Cody Cole )Good odds and it will come into contention if they run along quickly in front.
RemarksAnother big field with each-way value throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 7.40Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 10 $ 2.10Place3 5 $ 1.80Quinella 4:10 $ 27.90Trifecta 4:10:5 $ 159.70First4 4:10:5:17 $ 2032.00Double 12+/4 $ 20.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 9, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%