Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RON BACKHOUSE 1000Time: 12:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Hasstobeyou F:B(2) W(55)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- James/Wellwood )Looked good winning at the trials and it's in the right hands to make a winning debut. Good draw and each-way odds on offer.Main Danger5 De La Terre F: 2B(7) W(55)WonDividends : $3.80 $1.30Hit the line nicely on debut and having experience is a bonus. Won't take long to win a race and that could come here.Next Best1 Bordeaux Le Rouge F:B(5) W(57)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.20Two-time trial winner and it has shown good pace in both. Likely to go close on debut from the Te Akau stable.Include in Multis2 Slavery F:B(1) W(57)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Andrew Campbell )Bred to want a little further but it did win a trial. They don't often stay maidens long in this stable.Longer Odds10 Belle Folie F: 56B(3) W(55)( T- Scott Wenn )Gets in with a light weight so consider here.
RemarksCould unearth some nice types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.80Place1 5 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 1.20Place3 3 $ 3.60Quinella 1:5 $ 4.30Trifecta 5:1:3 $ 98.30First4 5:1:3:9 $ 264.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CHRIS STEENSTRA MAIDEN 1600Time: 12:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Aalaalune F: X2040B(10) W(55.5)If Aalaalune can't win this race, it might be out of chances. Has run against some good types but needs to start living up to the reputation.Main Danger1 Mongolian Heaven F: 39X20B(3) W(57.5)( T- Baker/Forsman )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.60Didn't fire last start but it's much better than that. Prepared to forgive and stick with it at each-way odds.Next Best4 Scorpz F: 9X576B(6) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Looked good late in the piece last time out. Another which needs to put it together now, but this is the time to do it.Include in Multis8 Nothing Compares F: X8953B(9) W(55.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Better when third last time out. Could continue in that vein of form and produce another solid outing.Longer Odds9 Seven Seas F: 3X057B(1) W(55.5)( T- Tony Pike )Gets the inside draw and a light weight. Worth including.
RemarksSome capable maidens in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.60Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 2.50Place3 4 $ 1.60Quinella 1:3 $ 18.90Trifecta 1:3:4 $ 115.30First4 1:3:4:7 $ 209.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - NORRIS WARD McKINNON FAMILY LAW MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Soft Hearted F: 8X222B(9) W(56.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )Looks set to break through after posting three consecutive second placings. Drawn a touch awkwardly but it should go close.Main Danger3 Sham On Toast F: 232XB(6) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Steven Reid )A little unlucky to place in all three starts last time in work. Clearly has ability and could make a winning return here.Next Best4 On The Nighttrain F: 35X43B(11) W(58.5)( T- Clinton Isdale )Another runner which has gone close to breaking through so far. Drawn wide but it might sit back and finish strongly. Chance.Include in Multis1 Heart Of Soul F: 52X2B(4) W(58.5)( T- Alex Oliveira )WonDividends : $4.70 $1.50Last two placings have been good and it could add some each-way value to this. Drawn well so consider.Longer Odds5 Not Usual Heaven F: 467XB(7) W(58.5)Not out of this at big odds.
RemarksNot much between this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.70Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 13.30Place3 9 $ 11.90Quinella 1:7 $ 304.20Trifecta 1:7:9 $ 7109.20First4 1:7:9:13 $ 9030.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NORRIS WARD McKINNON YOUR LAWYERS 2100Time: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Yatima F: 9X132B(9) W(57)Indicative Odds: $4.20Loomed to win last start before settling for second placing. That was an encouraging run and it should strip fitter for this. Chance.Main Danger5 Codecracker F: 31367B(2) W(58)( T- K & B Kelso )Indicative Odds: $11.00Hasn't had the most luck to date but has talent on its side. Should find this race to its liking so consider at each-way odds.Next Best8 Steven James F: 6X684B(6) W(57.5)( T- John Morell )Indicative Odds: $7.00That was the run of a real improver last start. Likely to kick on with it now and it could handle this even field.Include in Multis6 Katie Perrie F: 9X224B(4) W(57.5)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )Indicative Odds: $4.40Back-to-back placings to open its account. Fair fourth last start and there has been good money placed. Chance to continue that form.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 De Koning F: X0136B(1) W(59)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )Indicative Odds: $13.00Owns speed and gets the inside draw.
RemarksEven field for this race
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - LEGACY LODGE SPRINTTime: 2:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Ferrando F: 9283XB(1) W(60)PlacedDividend : $1.70Will love using the rail and it has speed to burn. Has experience against some classy sprinters so it goes on top here.Main Danger4 Media Sensation F: 0745XB(7) W(53)( T- P & D Williams )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.70Not an easy race to resume in but it has plenty of ability. Has won at the highest level and that's a good asset to have. Include.Next Best7 Supreme Heights F: 12121B(6) W(53)( T- Mark Brosnan )Winner of three from its last five starts. The other two starts were second placings. Unsure if it has the pace to keep up, so could add value.Include in Multis3 Lucyinrio F: 41818B(5) W(53)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Kylie Little )Not the most consistent type running around but it carries only 53kg. Worth including on that basis.Longer Odds6 Amastar F: 96X10B(3) W(53)Could add some value with the right run.
RemarksSmall field but packs a punch
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.60Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 1.70Quinella 1:4 $ 2.70Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 36.90First4 4:1:5:7 $ 113.00
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Ferrando(4) Media SensationR6 (1) Apellido(2) Ata Rangi (4) Firoden (9) Lady RudolphR7 (5) Pullyoursocksup(7) Sinarahma (10) Jip Jip Rock (13) Coventina BayR8 (1) Tavi Mac(2) Mr Universe (3) EvalinaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NORRIS WARD McKINNON PRIVATE CLIENT LAW 1400Time: 3:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Lady Rudolph F: 527X2B(8) W(57.5)( T- Robbie Patterson )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.10A touch unlucky not to win last time out. Does get back in the run, so unsuited by this track, but it has class. Odds are worth taking.Main Danger2 Ata Rangi F: 21XB(1) W(59)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- John Bell )Didn't do much wrong last campaign when winning and placing from two starts. Inside draw suits and it could ride the speed.Next Best4 Firoden F: 3X226B(2) W(59)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Steven Reid )Three consecutive placings before running sixth last time out. Gets some weight off its back and should be around the mark again.Include in Multis1 Apellido F: 7126XB(7) W(59)( T- Baker/Forsman )Good win three back and could resume from a spell full of effort. Owns each-way claims given the odds on offer.Longer Odds11 My Superior Girl F: 32126B(3) W(57.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Catherine Cameron )Hasn't done much wrong so consider here.
RemarksPunters are getting good money throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 5.30Place1 9 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 2.10Place3 7 $ 8.20Quinella 6:9 $ 15.80Trifecta 9:6:7 $ 625.00First4 9:6:7:2 $ 2069.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NORRIS WARD McKINNON EMPLOYMENT LAW 1400Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Coventina Bay F: 15X1B(4) W(55.5)( T- Robbie Patterson )WonDividends : $4.00 $2.00Looks a nice type in the making after scoring a good win fresh up. Nicely weighted and it has attracted attention with bookies. Top chance.Main Danger5 Pullyoursocksup F: 90X61B(2) W(57)( T- Stephen McKee )Good win at Ellerslie last start over a big field. No reason why it can't cope with this field and win again.Next Best10 Jip Jip Rock F: 327X9B(8) W(56)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- P & D Williams )The hype is exceeding performance at the moment, but we'll allow another chance. Gets some weight off its back to help, so consider.Include in Multis7 Sinarahma F: 5249XB(13) W(57)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Allan Sharrock )Going to need luck from the wide draw but it might soak up the pace and finish off strongly. Shouldn't be too far away.Longer Odds2 Langkawi F: 46X97B(9) W(58)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Won't be long till it gets back to winning form.
RemarksOne of the better form races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 4.00Place1 13 $ 2.00Place2 9 $ 4.30Place3 3 $ 5.50Quinella 9:13 $ 37.10Trifecta 13:9:3 $ 892.30First4 13:9:3:5 $ 6224.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 7, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - NORRIS WARD McKINNON CORP COMMERCIAL LAW 1200Time: 4:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Tavi Mac F: 1X11B(2) W(61)( J- Hazel Schofer )( T- Allan Sharrock )Unbeaten after three starts and has looked good in doing so. Gets 3kg off its back and the odds on offer are generous.Main Danger2 Mr Universe F: 18X32B(1) W(59.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )WonDividends : $5.00 $1.60The best-performed runner in the field. Has been working through its gears this season and could let down nicely here.Next Best3 Evalina F: 2639XB(4) W(58.5)Bred for speed and it looked good at the trials. Could return a stronger type and there is good betting support. Chance.Include in Multis7 Walkin' By F: 6X791B(7) W(57)( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $3.30Last start winner which could kick on with it now. Worth including at nice odds.Longer Odds13 She's A Goddess F: 2100XB(3) W(55)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $4.20Could fire up in a fresh state. Chance.
RemarksLovely field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.00Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 13 $ 4.20Place3 7 $ 3.30Quinella 2:13 $ 40.90Trifecta 2:13:7 $ 569.10First4 2:13:7:14 $ 11580.20Double 13+/2 $ 14.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%