Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - OMOTO SUPPORTERS CLUB MAIDEN 1500Time: 12:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Super Tap F: 6X02B(5) W(55)( T- Mike McCann )Went a top race for second last start. Off that, should win thisMain Danger4 Tormund F: 7X039B(6) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.60Went a good race at Riccarton. Will be fitter for last start and Kevin Myers will have a good day.Next Best5 Ragnal F:B(3) W(57)Making debut and has trialled in the north. Could be a chance on debut.Include in Multis1 Oceans Away F: 47385B(4) W(58.5)( T- Paul Harris )Nice third three back. Good effort when fifth last time and shouldn’t be far awayLonger Odds6 Iwonderwai F: 00X20B(10) W(56.5)( T- Alan Browne )Ran a nice second on heavy going fresh up in October hasn’t raced since Cup Carnival but can go well at odds.
RemarksFirst race leading into a great four day Circuit
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 26.30Place1 9 $ 6.10Place2 4 $ 1.60Place3 2 $ 2.40Quinella 4:9 $ 60.90Trifecta 9:4:2 $ 867.20First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FRANK MCLAUGHLIN MEMORIAL MAIDEN 1500Time: 12:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Barzellar F: 560X3B(8) W(56.5)Very good fresh up performance at Timaru. Showed ability to break maidens during her career and should do it today.Main Danger10 Our Stilettos F: 453B(9) W(55)Makes trip down from Ruakaka. Looks a promising filly and was a very good effort last time to the races.Next Best1 Secret Runner F: 46653B(6) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Has been racing well over further than today. Good third last time at Avondale and chance here.Include in Multis3 Eagle Fifty F: 77X6XB(4) W(58.5)Fresh up and must be considered as he comes from the Kevin Myers stable.Longer Odds8 Elva F: 640X0B(5) W(56.5)( T- Andrew Carston )WonDividends : $10.20 $2.60Mixes her form. Will be fitter for fresh up run and looks well placed to race well.
RemarksSecond of two maiden 1500’s
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 10.20Place1 8 $ 2.60Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 7 $ 4.60Quinella 1:8 $ 15.30Trifecta 8:1:7 $ 541.70First4 8:1:7:3 $ 2544.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - GREYMOUTH BUSINESSES MAIDEN SPRINTTime: 1:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Expressive F: 0X789B(2) W(57)Has been ordinary this campaign but was good during her last prep and looks well placed for a big run.Main Danger9 Bright Flash F: 004B(5) W(55.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )PlacedDividend : $1.60Much better with Blinkers on last start. Looks a good chance on that.Next Best7 Shanlane F: 9X00XB(6) W(57)WonDividends : $4.00 $1.60First start for Kevin Myers. Trialed up well enough but may need further.Include in Multis1 The Buffer F: 30063B(7) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Fair effort at Invercargill last start. Can figure in the finish.Longer Odds8 Space Cadet F: 08X90B(4) W(57)( T- Alan Browne )Out of form but looks one for longer odds.
RemarksInteresting maiden sprint field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.00Place1 7 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 9 $ 1.60Quinella 1:7 $ 8.30Trifecta 7:1:9 $ 43.50First4 7:1:9:4 $ 96.70Double 8/7+ $ 31.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CON RICHARDS MEMORIALTime: 1:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Mediterranean Star F: 87363B(2) W(57.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Good third three back during Cup Carnival. Good effort last time at Ashburton and should be hard to beat.Main Danger3 Times Time F: 10616B(1) W(57.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Won two starts back. Has the right draw for the distance and can go closeNext Best5 Hazelnut F: 11383B(3) W(56.5)( J- Kin Kwo )WonDividends : $4.80 $2.20The second of the Tyler runners. Good run last time. Has a great race record and no reason why she can’t run well today.Longer Odds2 Nakyama F: 3046XB(5) W(58.5)( T- K & P Hughes )PlacedDividend : $3.70If she finds the front over 1100 she will take some beating.
RemarksSmall but competitive lineup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.80Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 2 $ 3.70Quinella 2:5 $ 22.60Trifecta 5:2:1 $ 160.10First4 5:2:1:4 $ 651.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GREYMOUTH STAR 1100Time: 2:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Ricky Baker F: 33846B(3) W(57.5)Making southern debut. Goes well in this grade. Racing well up north and looks hard to beat.Main Danger5 Our Prom King F: 0X586B(1) W(57)WonDividends : $6.70 $2.10Has been going well enough in the north. Coming down from the ace draw looks a good chance.Next Best3 Way Above F: 10788B(8) W(57.5)First start for Kevin Myers. Out of form but has won this grade over similar trip before.Include in Multis1 Keep The Cash F: 32100B(5) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.10Looked good breaking maiden. Struggled since but can find his form here.Longer Odds11 Kate The Great F: 6468XB(7) W(54)( T- Maurice Forde )Has the ability to run a bold race fresh up.
RemarksKeen on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.70Place1 5 $ 2.10Place2 4 $ 2.30Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 4:5 $ 26.10Trifecta 5:4:1 $ 315.50First4 5:4:1:10 $ 4173.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - JACK CURRAGH MEMORIALTime: 3:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Katiem Marie F: 39543B(4) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Never goes a bad race. Went close to winning at New Plymouth and looks a good chance of winning.Main Danger3 Heaven Knows F: 14463B(9) W(57.5)( T- Jackie Burrows )WonDividends : $5.50 $1.90Has been knocking on the door since winning. Nice third at Gore last time and looks a chance in this.Next Best1 Carnaby F: 17269B(1) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.90Been making nice ground late in his races. Won five starts back. Hasn’t raced since November but would have been targeted for today.Include in Multis4 Too Ferlaxed F: 40421B(7) W(57.5)( T- Steven Woodsford )Writing was on the wall when winning last start from a great effort two back. Looks a good chance.Longer Odds2 Producer F: 0X084B(3) W(58)( J- Akshay Balloo )( T- Kenny Moore )Nice effort for fourth on New Years Day and looks a hope in this
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.50Place1 3 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 1.90Place3 6 $ 1.60Quinella 1:3 $ 18.00Trifecta 3:1:6 $ 108.90First4 3:1:6:7 $ 671.20Treble 5/5/3 $ 314.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - RECREATION HOTEL GREYMOUTH CUPTime: 3:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Bully Boy F: 9X923B(5) W(54)Went down a nose two starts back. Good in a strong race last start and looks hard to beat hereMain Danger5 Pamir F: 52336B(2) W(54)( T- John Luxton )Nice run in Timaru Cup. Was very honest prior to that and I expect a good honest run today.Next Best1 Kaharau F: 14012B(7) W(60)Good win during Cup Carnival over this trip. Very game second in the NZ Cup last time. Freshened and a good chance hereInclude in Multis3 Lochan Ora F: 06446B(9) W(54.5)( J- Kin Kwo )WonDividends : $15.70 $3.00Races well three starts back. Wasn’t bad in Tapanui Cup and can figure in the finish.Longer Odds4 Shadow King F: 57270B(1) W(54)Has struggled of late but on his best form will run well at odds.
RemarksNice field contests today’s feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 15.70Place1 3 $ 3.00Place2 2 $ 2.00Place3 7 $ 3.60Quinella 2:3 $ 39.50Trifecta 3:2:7 $ 878.30First4 3:2:7:4 $ 3685.70Double 3/3 $ 30.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (6) Bully BoyR8 (1) Repo Sun(2) Billy Mav (4) Plushenko (5) ShanparkR9 (2) Showpin(3) Tabard (5) Dreaming Easy (6) ForgedQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - GREG DALY REAL ESTATE 1500Time: 4:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Plushenko F: 72451B(4) W(58.5)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- G & T Shaw )Very impressive winning at Te Rapa. Was going well prior and can go back to backMain Danger5 Shanpark F: 14744B(2) W(58.5)He raced well during the NZ Cup Carnival. Got home very well on Boxing Day over 1200. Stable confidence and suited to the extra distance.Next Best1 Repo Sun F: 755X4B(12) W(60)PlacedDividend : $2.70Very good effort at Kurow when fourth. Went some great races in the north and can’t leave out of the quaddie.Include in Multis2 Billy Mav F: 14534B(5) W(59)WonDividends : $4.60 $1.90Hasn’t raced since Cup Carnival where he raced very well without winning. May need today’s race.Longer Odds12 Boyslightup F: 26566B(3) W(54)( T- Danny Frye )Has been making good ground in her races. Looks one for odds.
RemarksMany winning chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.60Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 2.70Place3 10 $ 8.40Quinella 1:2 $ 13.20Trifecta 2:1:10 $ 792.40First4 2:1:10:4 $ 3899.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - VERNON & VAZEY 1500Time: 4:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Tabard F: 244X5B(4) W(59.5)Comes from Kevin Myers stable. Never runs a bad race. Was nice enough fresh up behind Rock N Affair and looks a good winning chance.Main Danger6 Forged F: 40X33B(9) W(55)( T- Mike McCann )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.80Has run two top races this prep when third. Now third up ready to run a big raceNext Best2 Showpin F: 255X4B(6) W(59.5)( T- T & L Prendergast )Was in good honest form last prep. Decent effort fresh up and I think he will run a bold race.Include in Multis9 Two Thirty F: 4X5X3B(3) W(54)Good third fresh up at Counties. Loved the circuit and the distance suits.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Dreaming Easy F: 566X7B(7) W(55)( J- Krishna Mudhoo )( T- Steve Tyler )Quite a good run fresh up when getting home well. Suited by the extra distance and will run a good race.
RemarksFantastic field to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.40Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 3.30Place3 1 $ 2.70Quinella 4:6 $ 30.40Trifecta 6:4:1 $ 409.70First4 6:4:1:5 $ 4091.40Double 2+/6+ $ 17.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%