Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PILET CONTRACTING/PIONEER SEEDS MAIDENTime: 12:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 My Father's Gun F: 320B(11) W(58.5)( J- Timothy Johnson )( T- Lucy Tanner )Both runs on heavy ground were good. Not much luck at Hastings on a Dead surface but has to be a chance on Heavy ground.Main Danger7 Minnie Mouse F: 320B(9) W(56.5)( T- Olivia Duffy )She also got hampered at Hawkes Bay but her prior form on wetter ground were good. She will race forward and should go well.Next Best9 Sequoia Dawn F: 3B(4) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Jane Davidson )Good run on debut and will only but improve from that.Include in Multis1 Rock With Choux F: 2358XB(5) W(58.5)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Anne Herbert )WonDividends : $5.80 $2.40Showed ability last start and his trial to prepare was good.Longer Odds3 Harry Harrison F: 573B(2) W(58.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Anna Clement )Nice run for third last start and looks to be the odds runner in this
RemarksNice field to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.80Place1 1 $ 2.40Place2 5 $ 3.10Place3 12 $ 2.00Quinella 1:5 $ 31.00Trifecta 1:5:12 $ 290.00First4 1:5:12:3 $ 3361.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WATERFORCE/FARMERS TRANSPORT HANDICAPTime: 1:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Deerfield F: 21320B(8) W(57)( T- Chrissy Bambry )WonDividends : $4.50 $1.90Likely to lead or sit second. Run in the Tarzino but prior form in weaker races very good and will enjoy a Heavy 10.Main Danger6 Secret Squirrel F: 22721B(1) W(56.5)( T- Bryce Revell )PlacedDividend : $1.60Very nice win fresh up over 1400. Going down in distance which should be no worries and got the right draw for a lovely run.Next Best1 Miss Lizzie F: 41112B(2) W(60.5)( J- Bridie Ansell )( T- Anna Clement )In great form. Looked well beaten last time but fought back to get beaten a small margin. Will lead or sit second and should be figuring in the finish off that.Include in Multis9 Torre Del Greco F: 23134B(3) W(54)( J- Kozzi Asano )PlacedDividend : $1.90Good form in the South during the Carnival. Been in great form all Winter and very well off in the weights.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Grand Mayson F: 25X13B(6) W(56)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Benner/Wynyard )Good win fresh up. Looked the winner last time but failed to hit the line. Will run a good race.
RemarksVery smart sprint field with Deerfield coming from the Tarzino.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.50Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 9 $ 1.90Place3 6 $ 1.60Quinella 5:9 $ 15.60Trifecta 5:9:6 $ 100.60First4 5:9:6:1 $ 213.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - JOHN TURKINGTON LTD/MANAWATU TOYOTA HANDICAPTime: 1:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Richard Of Yorke F: 11522B(8) W(58.5)( J- Joe Kamaruddin )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Been in great form this season. Good second in his last two and could give Joe his first race winnerMain Danger6 Hi I'm Nikkita F: 23331B(7) W(54)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Gary McBeth )WonDividends : $3.10 $1.50In great form, easy winner last week at Wanganui and Holly has a good record on her.Next Best4 Nitro Ted F: 61212B(6) W(56)( T- Paul Pascoe )In career best form. Good second behind Hi I'm Nikkita. Has to be a good chance in thisInclude in Multis2 My Gift F: 01154B(4) W(59.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- John Mason )Put two easy wins together in June. Hasn't been bad since but has been freshened up and if he regains that winning form could win.Longer Odds5 High Quality F: 34335B(1) W(55.5)( T- Geoff Haigh )Very honest galloper who didn't get all favours last time. Should like the track and distance.
RemarksSmall but very good staying field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.10Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 3.70Place3 3 $ 1.50Quinella 1:6 $ 25.90Trifecta 6:1:3 $ 144.40First4 6:1:3:7 $ 1159.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - FPA NZ/NUFARM HANDICAPTime: 2:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Mizzena F: 91032B(12) W(56.5)Racing in good form after two good placings at Taranaki. Looks well placed to win this.Main Danger8 Tipperary Mary F: 82019B(4) W(56)( T- Jim Wallace )Easy winner two starts back. Found Hastings track too firm and much better suited to these track conditions.Next Best10 Veracious F: 75826B(7) W(56)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Deborah Parry )Top effort at Woodville. Wasn't bad last start and should figure in the finish.Include in Multis13 Champagne Bride F: 59X75B(8) W(55)( T- John Bary )Both runs this prep have been nice. May want firmer ground but on her form if she handles it should run a nice raceLonger Odds1 Lovetokeephim F: 50748B(1) W(59.5)( T- Kim Clapperton )PlacedDividend : $2.50Likely to roll forward. Nice run at Hastings but very average last start. If the right horse turns up he will be in the finish.
RemarksFull field in this staying event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 14.10Place1 6 $ 4.30Place2 1 $ 2.50Place3 15 $ 8.30Quinella 1:6 $ 60.00Trifecta 6:1:15 $ 4639.50First4 6:1:15:13 $ 7251.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 8, 10, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - H & T AGRONOMICS/AGRICOM HANDICAPTime: 2:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Meteoric Lass F: 442X2B(6) W(57)( J- Joe Kamaruddin )( T- Jamie Richards )Very honest mare who was very good fresh up. Will go forward and has seemed to handle these conditions. Looks hard to beatMain Danger8 Tonadillas F: 8X5X1B(11) W(57.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Seems to love these track conditions and was very good winning last start. Looks a nice chance.Next Best12 Wafer F: 03321B(3) W(56.5)( T- Mike Breslin )Very good runs in the south during the Carnival collecting one win. Going well during the winter and could run well on the fresh side.Include in Multis2 Rock Island Line F: 41902B(1) W(60)( T- Lisa Latta )Seems to prefer Robbie riding this galloper. Good last start and should be competitive here.Longer Odds13 Our Chloe F: 32141B(8) W(55.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Ilone Kelly )PlacedDividend : $2.60Nice promising galloper who has been good winning two out of her last three. Could be the forgotten horse here
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 13.90Place1 10 $ 3.70Place2 13 $ 2.60Place3 18 $ 3.80Quinella 10:13 $ 46.30Trifecta 10:13:18 $ 997.70First4 10:13:18:14 $ 28558.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (9) Meteoric LassR6 (6) Floral Art(12) Shelly's Lass (13) Bae CorpR7 (4) Dez(5) Rosewood (7) Mauna Kea (10) HerengaweR8 (6) Durham(11) Beckidboo (12) MohakaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 8, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CP WOOL/CARRFIELDS LIVESTOCK HANDICAPTime: 3:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick13 Bae Corp F: 22214B(7) W(56.5)( J- Bridie Ansell )( T- Ilone Kelly )Comes in this with a very light weight. Solid win over 1600m then was very good making good ground late over 1800m. 1400m might be too short but she is freshened for thisMain Danger6 Floral Art F: X4211B(3) W(58)( T- Peter Didham )PlacedDividend : $2.20Both wins in the south during the carnival were very good. Has had a freshen but a good performance wouldn't surprise.Next Best12 Shelly's Lass F: 25X12B(2) W(57)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Mike Breslin )Good win fresh up backed that up with a nice second at Taranaki. On her home track and will go forward and give you a good run for your money.Include in Multis1 Armaguard F: 60182B(9) W(59.5)( T- Suzy Gordon )Looked the winner all down the straight and got nutted. Top weight but loves this grade.Longer Odds10 Nothinglefttolose F: 7X423B(1) W(57)( J- Kozzi Asano )All three runs this prep have been good. I think she would of won last time but she can go well in this with Kozzi's claim bring her to a competitive weight
RemarksAnother handy field with nice value on offer.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 14.90Place1 2 $ 4.20Place2 6 $ 2.20Place3 7 $ 4.20Quinella 2:6 $ 35.40Trifecta 2:6:7 $ 985.60First4 2:6:7:1 $ 14249.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 10, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM METRIC MILETime: 4:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Mauna Kea F: X1215B(2) W(54)( T- Paul Moseley )PlacedDividend : $2.20In great form leading into this being the winner of 2 out of 4 starts this prep. Good run on a firm track at Hastings when lacking luck in that race. Likely leader who could be hard to run down back on Heavy groundMain Danger4 Dez F: 70112B(6) W(55.5)( T- Simon Wilson )PlacedDividend : $2.10Winter Cup winner and Classic placegetter during the carnival. Been kept for this race and had a good hit out at Hastings jumpouts.Next Best5 Rosewood F: 92265B(1) W(55)( T- Marilyn Paewai )I thought she went better at Taranaki than it looked made up plenty of ground. Lisa back on and up to a mileInclude in Multis10 Herengawe F: 13622B(11) W(53)( T- Joanne Moss )WonDividends : $7.30 $2.70Loves these winter tracks. Placed last couple. Good run at Ellerslie and has come through the race well.Longer Odds2 Art Deco F: 23213B(13) W(56)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Allan Sharrock )Very honest mare who has been going really well. Only fair last start but ready to run in this.
RemarksWhat a feature we have here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 7.30Place1 10 $ 2.70Place2 7 $ 2.20Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 7:10 $ 23.30Trifecta 10:7:4 $ 157.70First4 10:7:4:11 $ 3880.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CR GRACE/MARSH INSURANCE BROKER HANDICAPTime: 4:44 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'11 Beckidboo F: 21521B(8) W(56)( T- Allan Sharrock )Mare who was very good winning last time. Comes in well at the weights and I believe she has ability to go through the gradesMain Danger12 Mohaka F: 72X23B(5) W(56)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Went a solid race at the bay last time. Good run fresh up on very testing ground and doesn't mind wet conditions each way chance.Next Best6 Durham F: 9X641B(13) W(58.5)( T- Neil Connors )Blinkers went on last time and he won. Loves heavy ground goes well here. Must includeInclude in Multis14 Facetime F: 0X311B(3) W(55.5)( T- D & E Haworth )Has won two in a row well. Stepping up class but the team are happy with her and she trialled nice enough to be competitive here.Longer Odds13 Lord Turbo F: 53429B(6) W(56)( T- Chrissy Bambry )Good run in this grade two back. Struggled on a firmer surface last time and could be the odds runners
RemarksLast race of the student day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 16.00Place1 3 $ 4.70Place2 7 $ 3.40Place3 15 $ 5.20Quinella 3:7 $ 92.30Trifecta 3:7:15 $ 3752.50First4 3:7:15:11 $ 4438.80Double 10/3 $ 110.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 11, 12, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%