Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MAINFREIGHT PREMIERTime: 12:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Stumpy F: 6X142B(5) W(58.5)( T- Kevin Gray )Won impressively fresh up. Form has been good and if he handles the track will run in the moneyMain Danger5 Excelleration F: 749X4B(10) W(57.5)( T- Peter Didham )Nice fourth fresh up after a disappointing prep. Track is a question mark but has the ability to go closeNext Best2 Saignon F: 05162B(7) W(59.5)( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.10In good form with a good win three back. Good behind Weaponry last time and only concern is the drop in distanceInclude in Multis9 Fibonacci F: 1307XB(3) W(57)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Stephen Mercer )Trialed up huge and should run a top race fresh.Longer Odds10 Magico F: 00X85B(1) W(56.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Benner/Wynyard )PlacedDividend : $4.50On a Slow track she can get to the front and be hard to pass
RemarksCompetitive sprint to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.90Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 4.50Place3 2 $ 2.10Quinella 7:10 $ 42.10Trifecta 7:10:2 $ 576.00First4 7:10:2:4 $ 1961.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - OLIVER BRICKWORKS, SUPREME BUILD, GRAPHICS HQTime: 1:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Piaggio F: 3L1B(2) W(57.5)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Won nicely last start. Has been freshened and bolted in at recent jumpoutMain Danger8 Opalescence F: 2B(4) W(54)( T- Jenna Mahoney )WonDividends : $3.30 $1.30Just beaten on debut at Otaki. Should handle the track and looks a good hope hereNext Best5 Perfect Scenario F:B(3) W(56)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.30Making debut after two solid trials. Should run well.Include in Multis6 Platinum Dubai F: 15B(7) W(55.5)Won well on debut before an ordinary run at Wellington. Easy trial winner but the track is a concern.Longer Odds2 Gentleman Jack F: 5B(6) W(56)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Gary Vile )PlacedDividend : $3.60Didn't get all favours on debut and could be the odds runner here.
RemarksCompetitive 2 year old field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.30Place1 8 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 3.60Place3 5 $ 1.30Quinella 2:8 $ 29.40Trifecta 8:2:5 $ 181.50First4 8:2:5:7 $ 493.70Double 7/8 $ 21.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - RICH HILL STUD PREMIER 3YOTime: 1:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Mascarpone F: 44211B(3) W(58.5)( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.30Has been ultra impressive winning last two starts. Nice enough when second three back on heavy and looks hard to beat.Main Danger7 Sig Positano F: 5216B(4) W(57.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Grant Nicholson )Easy winner two back at Woodville on heavy going. Good run in Wellington Stakes and looks good chance hereNext Best1 Callsign Mav F: 16127B(5) W(58.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- John Bary )PlacedDividend : $1.60Chased home Catalyst last couple. Talented 3 year old that if he gets through the going will take some beatingInclude in Multis11 Kellys Inspiration F: 20X21B(2) W(55.5)Just won last start and has performed well on heavy going.Longer Odds8 Lord Bouzeron F: 35008B(7) W(57.5)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- Chrissy Bambry )Track heavy today and has a great record on heavy. Looks an odds runner
RemarksVery even 3 year old event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.90Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 1.60Quinella 1:2 $ 1.70Trifecta 2:1:7 $ 11.40First4 2:1:7:11 $ 36.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE PAVEMASTERS PREMIERTime: 2:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Sinarahma F: 49X01B(2) W(54)( T- Allan Sharrock )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.70Unlucky fresh up. Very good winning last time here and suited by the wet track,Main Danger5 Bonny Ezra F: 13X11B(6) W(55.5)( T- Colin Cromarty )Has put two together in great style this prep. Promising galloper who if handles the track may make it a hattrick.Next Best1 Hartley F: 11433B(4) W(59.5)( T- Neil Connors )PlacedDividend : $2.10Only disappointing run this prep come on a heavy track. Good last week and if handles the track will run well.Include in Multis3 Lincoln Raider F: X4291B(8) W(57.5)( J- Opie Bosson )Talented galloper who was impressive at Wellington but the track is a question markLonger Odds4 De Gaulle F: 47188B(3) W(56)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Jeff Lynds )Won well three back and should get through the track.
RemarksOne of the more exciting undercard races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.20Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 11 $ 3.30Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 6:11 $ 40.00Trifecta 6:11:1 $ 224.70First4 6:11:1:3 $ 958.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ROADING LOGISTICS PREMIERTime: 3:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Zac Brown F: 28772B(15) W(60)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Stephen Nickalls )Just beaten last start. Has reasonable form prior. Handles the heavy and only concern is the weightMain Danger3 Rex Royale F: X4244B(1) W(58.5)( J- Johnathan Parkes )Has been good in all four runs this prep. Handles heavy ground and will run well.Next Best15 Prince Turbo F: 70095B(7) W(55.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Mike Breslin )PlacedDividend : $4.50Unlucky not too go close last week. Luck today and should go closeInclude in Multis5 Chartwell F: 03X57B(3) W(57)Has been very good in two runs back this prep. Suited by the distanceLonger OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Speed Call F: 02470B(10) W(57)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- Chrissy Bambry )Only fair last couple but very good three back and good when second on heavy going odds runner
RemarksTough First leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.90Place1 8 $ 2.50Place2 15 $ 4.50Place3 2 $ 2.70Quinella 8:15 $ 71.80Trifecta 8:15:2 $ 1269.90First4 8:15:2:10 $ 5176.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Zac Brown(3) Rex Royale (6) Speed Call (15) Prince TurboR6 (2) Hunta Pence(5) Toms (6) Collinstreet (7) Platinum InvadorR7 (1) Shadows Cast(3) Rock On Wood (6) Dark PrincessR8 (8) Du'blues(10) Dee Keepa (12) Ritzy SparkleQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ABERDEEN ON BROADWAY MANAWATU CUPTime: 3:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'7 Platinum Invador F: X0583B(4) W(53)PlacedDividend : $1.80Had built nicely this prep for the third in Wanganui Cup. Suited by track and distance and looks hard to beatMain Danger6 Collinstreet F: X1106B(7) W(53)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Allan Sharrock )Put two together on heavy going at the start of the prep. Unlucky two back. Things didn't go right last start and back on wet ground.Next Best5 Toms F: X7210B(11) W(53)( T- D & E Haworth )Won Fielding Cup well two back. Okay in Counties Cup. Will handle the going and can figure in the finish.Include in Multis2 Hunta Pence F: 1X802B(14) W(55.5)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Patrick Campbell )Won Foxton Cup last prep on heavy going. Good second In Wanganui Cup and could be a good chance todayLonger Odds10 Bronsteel F: 90024B(6) W(53)( J- Tony Allan )( T- Kevin Gray )Good second over this distance two back. Should of run second last week and looks the odds runner
RemarksOne of two features of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.70Place1 4 $ 2.10Place2 7 $ 1.80Place3 1 $ 3.20Quinella 4:7 $ 9.90Trifecta 4:7:1 $ 159.60First4 4:7:1:8 $ 2012.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - KAMADA PARK MANAWATU CHALLENGE STAKESTime: 4:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Rock On Wood F: 111X1B(4) W(59)( T- Leanne Elliot )PlacedDividend : $1.70Talented galloper who has been impressive winning four in a row. Beat Wyndspelle last time here and if he handles the track will take some beating.Main Danger6 Dark Princess F: 7X003B(6) W(57)( J- Johnathan Parkes )( T- Jeff Lynds )Talented mare who was much better last start. Trial nicely since and should handle the trackNext Best1 Shadows Cast F: 45152B(8) W(59)( T- Mark Oulaghan )PlacedDividend : $1.40Very honest runner who won here with 63 three back. Gallant in defeat at Captain Cook and if he handles the track will give you a run for your moneyInclude in Multis5 Kiwi Ida F: 21731B(7) W(57)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- J & K Parsons )WonDividends : $9.80 $2.50Southern mare who is a last start winner at Riccarton. Placed in Valachi Breeders. Very good mare who is likely to handle the track.Longer Odds11 Ritani F: 86X40B(2) W(57)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Stephen Marsh )Great heavy track record winning 3 from 7 and could be the odds runner
RemarksGroup 2 WFA racing with very exciting Rock On Wood
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 9.80Place1 5 $ 2.50Place2 3 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 3:5 $ 14.80Trifecta 5:3:1 $ 93.40First4 5:3:1:8 $ 875.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - TOTALLY VETS PREMIERTime: 4:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Ritzy Sparkle F: 55443B(12) W(56.5)( T- Roydon Bergerson )Has been consistent without winning since moving to the Bergerson stable. Good run last time and should get through the track.Main Danger8 Du'blues F: 9X825B(2) W(57.5)( J- Sarah Macnab )( T- Ashley Meadows )PlacedDividend : $2.50Good run when second two back. Only fair last start and will handle the trackNext Best10 Dee Keepa F: 3621B(9) W(57)( T- Robbie Patterson )Won well last time after three good runs prior. Handles the heavy and looks a good chance hereInclude in Multis9 Enrichment F: 42X41B(3) W(57.5)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Jamie Richards )Quite an impressive maiden winner and if he handles the track will run well.Longer Odds6 Shady Grey F: 4X51B(11) W(59)( T- Steve Gulliver )Won well at Taranaki last start. Has handled the heavy and Lisa sticks aboard today
RemarksFinale race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 11.90Place1 2 $ 3.50Place2 8 $ 2.50Place3 11 $ 9.00Quinella 2:8 $ 39.50Trifecta 2:8:11 $ 2005.40First4 2:8:11:10 $ 13392.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's6, 8, 9, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%