Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LJ HOOKER HURDLETime: 12:18 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Max F: X4612B(4) W(67)( J- James Seivwright )The best horse in the field. Had a freshen up since top second in Manawatu Hurdles. Only concern is distance.Main Danger2 Guy Fox F: 16370B(3) W(66.5)( J- Kayla Veenendaal )PlacedDividend : $2.50His hurdle record doesn't read well but he is better than that. He has raced in some very good races. Can race aggressive but could go forward and be hard to pass in that role.Next Best3 Bay Rocker F: X04F2B(5) W(65.5)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- C & S Phelan )WonDividends : $6.80 $2.50Good fourth in Manawatu Hurdles. Slipped two back and was good for second in a steeplechase race. Looks a good chanceLonger Odds5 Mesmerize F: 26218B(1) W(65)( J- Isaac Lupton )Deserving maiden hurdle winner and was disappointing in the same grade.
RemarksOpening race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 6.80Place1 3 $ 2.50Place2 2 $ 2.50Quinella 2:3 $ 10.00Trifecta 3:2:1 $ 58.30First4 3:2:1:4 $ 88.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MANAWATU ITM HURDLETime: 12:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Medini F: 7P80FB(1) W(66)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- TeamRogerson )Looked like running second when fell last time. If she finishes the race wouldn't surprise if she won.Main Danger8 Tittletattle F: 653B(3) W(66)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Dean Cunningham )PlacedDividend : $1.60Improving off every start. Good third at Wellington and looks one of the best hopes in this.Next Best1 Alfie Dee F: 2560PB(2) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )WonDividends : $6.90 $2.30His first two starts over jumps had merit with the sixth in Manawatu Hurdles. Found Wellington too heavy last time which is a concern today.Include in Multis2 Kirkenes F: 34600B(8) W(68)( J- Emily Farr )Having hurdles debut. Usually races keen which is not ideal but can jump according to Wheels which you must take note.Longer Odds7 Toodaloo F: 6X606B(6) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- P & J Brosnan )Wasn't bad on debut and will improve on that
RemarksThe maiden hurdlers go round in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.90Place1 1 $ 2.30Place2 8 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 1.60Quinella 1:8 $ 20.40Trifecta 1:8:3 $ 121.50First4 1:8:3:9 $ 578.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CODY SINGER MEMORIAL STEEPLECHASETime: 1:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Crash Bandicoot F: X4X75B(2) W(66.5)( J- Shaun Fannin )Under two years since last steeplechase start which came in the Great Northern. Had a hurdle to fitten for this and comes into this well weighted.Main Danger2 Des De Jeu F: 8X93LB(7) W(68)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Mark Oulaghan )PlacedDividend : $1.40Winner of 2 out of 3. Fell on the other occasion. Looks one of the better jumpers in NZ.Next Best1 Wise Men Say F: 6X665B(8) W(72.5)( J- Isaac Lupton )Top class on his day. His day hasn't been this season but has his chance in this.Include in Multis4 Who Can Tell F: 0X8P1B(1) W(66.5)( J- Toni Moki )PlacedDividend : $2.00Better last start when winning. Can go well in thisLonger Odds5 Mr Enthusiastic F: F5373B(6) W(65)( J- Emily Farr )WonDividends : $8.70 $2.20Best run came three starts back over steeples at Awapuni. Beaten a long way last time but looks best of the rest.
RemarksExciting Steeplechase race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 8.70Place1 5 $ 2.20Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 2:5 $ 8.80Trifecta 5:2:4 $ 142.30First4 5:2:4:3 $ 462.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - UNREAL GRASS & THE BNI HEARTLAND LEGENDS 2100Time: 2:03 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Rocking Good Time F: 6X030B(4) W(70)( J- Clinton Isdale )( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $5.60 $2.20Good third two back. Both misses came on decent ground. Fit and back on heavy surface with Clinton Isdale who rides well.Main Danger2 The Great Guru F: X6527B(10) W(68.5)( J- Luke Myers )( T- Lisa Latta )Very good second on the flat two back. Had a jump race since. With Luke Myers on and fit must be one of the better chancesNext Best4 Magic Ivan F: X6588B(7) W(67.5)( J- Emma Quinn )All runs this prep have had merit. Faces easiest field than recent runs and a chance in this.Include in Multis6 Donardo F: 77X36B(9) W(66.5)( J- Sarah Fannin )( T- Lucy de Lautour )Good third with Sarah on fresh up. Was good his next. Will like the track and a horse you must include.Longer Odds3 Ascomanni F: 18045B(13) W(68)( J- Michelle Northcott )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $3.70Been racing well in these races and you cannot leave out of combos.
RemarksAmateur race with a competitive betting fields
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.60Place1 1 $ 2.20Place2 9 $ 2.70Place3 3 $ 3.70Quinella 1:9 $ 33.80Trifecta 1:9:3 $ 287.30First4 1:9:3:2 $ 2882.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ABERDEEN ON BROADWAY 2100Time: 2:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Country Bumpkin F: 254X5B(8) W(58.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )( T- Niall Quinn )PlacedDividend : $2.00Tough effort fresh up when racing on the speed. Showed enough to go close to winning last prep. Looks a good winning chance.Main Danger9 Cast In Bronze F: 93334B(2) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Gary Vile )PlacedDividend : $1.30Been knocking on the door to win one. Good third in a strong race on Saturday and looks a good chance to win here.Next Best2 Dundee Street F: 4B(3) W(58.5)( J- Timothy Johnson )( T- Simon Wilson )Decent fourth on debut and will improve with the run.Include in Multis3 Vacation F: 04B(9) W(58.5)( T- Bryce Newman )WonDividends : $7.30 $2.50Better fourth last start and has the staying ability to be in the finish.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Dashing Ruby F: 6X796B(10) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Lisa Latta )Made nice ground over ground last time and could be the value of the race.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 7.30Place1 3 $ 2.50Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 9 $ 1.30Quinella 1:3 $ 26.10Trifecta 3:1:9 $ 169.40First4 3:1:9:6 $ 606.20Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Country Bumpkin(2) Dundee Street (9) Cast In BronzeR6 (1) Kion(2) Rigel (3) Wholetthefoxout (4) JuniorR7 (7) Our Chloe(11) Beaudz WellR8 (6) Sophia MagiaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CAFE CUBA 2100Time: 3:13 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Rigel F: 04253B(11) W(58.5)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Buddy Lammas )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.40Been racing pretty well this prep and could break maidens here.Main Danger1 Kion F: 32752B(5) W(58.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Another racing well who has struggled on heavy tracks in the past which is a concern but will enjoy the claim today.Next Best3 Wholetthefoxout F: 860X3B(10) W(58.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Dean Cunningham )Good third fresh up. Will be fit and should run a top race in this.Include in Multis4 Junior F: 0X667B(3) W(58.5)( T- C & S Phelan )PlacedDividend : $2.80Wasn't a bad effort two back. Struggled in an amateur race which was a forgive and could run well here.Longer Odds9 Crossed My Mind F: 499X0B(1) W(56.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Jo Rathbone )Showed ability on wet tracks last prep. Will improve from that first up run.
RemarksSecond maiden 2100m race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.70Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 2.80Place3 1 $ 1.60Quinella 2:4 $ 17.10Trifecta 2:4:1 $ 73.70First4 2:4:1:3 $ 409.80Double 3/2 $ 24.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DCPOWER 1200Time: 3:48 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Our Chloe F: 23X32B(2) W(56.5)( J- Jamie Baillie )( T- Ilone Kelly )WonDividends : $1.80 $1.30Knocking on the door. Just beaten last start and opened very short in the market but looks hard to beat.Main Danger11 Beaudz Well F: 543B(7) W(55.5)Wheels has time for this horse. I thought he was good here last start and should run well against the older horses.Next Best3 Benson F: 336X8B(5) W(58.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Rochelle Lockett )Shown ability last prep that he could break maidens. Will take improvement from his first up run.Include in Multis2 Monkey Town F: 90X3B(4) W(58.5)( T- Gene Andrew )PlacedDividend : $2.00Much better fresh up here. Will have improved and a bold performance is expected.Longer Odds12 Silent Approach F:B(9) W(53.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Gary Vile )Lovely type of a filly. Trial was nice and could run well on debut.
RemarksBeaudz Well and Silent Approach face the older horses
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 1.80Place1 7 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 2.00Place3 6 $ 3.40Quinella 2:7 $ 7.60Trifecta 7:2:6 $ 86.10First4 7:2:6:3 $ 347.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ROBERTSON PRESTIGE 1400Time: 4:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Sophia Magia F: 33022B(3) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Roydon Bergerson )Racing very honest. Should love the track and looks hard to beat.Main Danger7 Beltoy F: X2966B(4) W(56)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Chrissy Bambry )Good run fresh up changed stables prior to last start and found that track too good. Back on heavy ground today and a bold run from in front is expected.Next Best8 Veloce F: 22196B(9) W(55.5)( T- Talia Yeates )Built to a nice win three back and I thought she was good last start and looks well placed hereInclude in Multis5 Facetime F: 80X31B(7) W(56.5)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- D & E Haworth )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.70Has come back in good order this prep. Has won well last start and can go well here.Longer Odds10 That's Funny F: 82288B(8) W(54.5)( T- Lydia Pickford )PlacedDividend : $3.80Been racing well lately. Looks well placed in the weights and can run close in this.
RemarksLast race of the day and we have to wait until the last for our best bet
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.50Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 4.80Place3 10 $ 3.80Quinella 2:5 $ 29.80Trifecta 5:2:10 $ 631.20First4 5:2:10:6 $ 2710.60Double 7+/5+ $ 6.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's5, 6, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%