Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MURRAYS IRISH BAR 3YO 1200Time: 12:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Kick Start F: 33B(3) W(57.5)WonDividends : $2.80 $1.30Two starts for two placings. Hasn't done much to date and meets a relatively even field here. Looks tough to beat.Main Danger3 Lincoln's Kruz F: 84B(4) W(57.5)Much-improved run for fourth last time out. Was always going to need time and this is a winnable race third up. Goes well here.Next Best1 Regal Reward F: 426X4B(2) W(57.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )PlacedDividend : $2.00Left a little flat-footed last start. Gets a valuable 2kg coming off its back and that will help. Shouldn't be far away.Include in Multis8 Hazelsgirl F:B(5) W(55.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Lowry/Cullen )On debut and they usually run well first up from this stable. Be interesting to see betting moves come race day.Longer Odds6 Flickering Shadow F: 8X75B(1) W(55.5)Chance to improve on recent form.
RemarksSmall field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.80Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 3.20Quinella 1:2 $ 6.90Trifecta 2:1:4 $ 108.40First4 2:1:4:6 $ 583.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - POWER FARMING MAIDEN 1400Time: 12:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Lincoln Hanover F: 24X32B(12) W(58.5)Knocking on the door after consecutive placings this campaign. Only negative is the wide draw but it should be tough to beat here.Main Danger11 Flying Surf F: X2703B(10) W(56.5)( J- Leah Hemi )WonDividends : $7.60 $2.60Handy effort when third last start and it could build on that run. Opened too short in the betting but punters are getting better odds now.Next Best2 Rio Star F: 25X42B(13) W(58.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Brendon McDermott )PlacedDividend : $2.00Will need luck from the draw but it usually shows good barrier speed. Not an overly deep field on talent so consider.Include in Multis3 Chalk F: 7X735B(6) W(58.5)( J- Jordan Bassett )( T- Richard McKenzie )Chalk its most recent run down to experience. Should appreciate the run and go close here. Has upside.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'5 Mozzie F: 76XB(11) W(58.5)( T- J J Rayner )PlacedDividend : $4.50Fresh up and it could improve. One for odds.
RemarksHuge betting field with many winning types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 7.60Place1 11 $ 2.60Place2 5 $ 4.50Place3 2 $ 2.00Quinella 5:11 $ 62.00Trifecta 11:5:2 $ 604.50First4 11:5:2:6 $ 4294.80Double 2/11 $ 14.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CELK DEVELOPMENTS LTD 1400Time: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Our Hail Mary F: 163X3B(4) W(56.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Allan Sharrock )PlacedDividend : $1.10Big run for third last time out. Looks a nice type in the making and it should be taking this out at its best. Ideal barrier and weight.Main Danger12 Maduro F: 8X931B(2) W(56)( T- Matt Dixon )Owns winning form when scoring last start. Tough to overlook that and Lisa Allpress should ensure a good run throughout from barrier two.Next Best1 Lincoln Hills F: 07434B(1) W(59)WonDividends : $6.30 $1.80Never too far away but not winning overly consistently. Inside draw should be OK, if it can get clear air in the straight.Include in Multis4 Miss Contessa F: 64902B(10) W(58)Turned its form around in style last start when running second. 3kg comes off the back and we wouldn't be leaving it out.Longer Odds11 La Soeur F: 1313XB(6) W(56)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Wayne Marshment )Owns upset claims in a fresh state. Stayers can often sprint fresh.
RemarksA few nice types lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.30Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 8 $ 3.30Place3 9 $ 1.10Quinella 1:8 $ 37.10Trifecta 1:8:9 $ 219.10First4 1:8:9:12 $ 709.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - MAD BUTCHER 1200Time: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Heart Of Stone F: 3X032B(1) W(57)WonDividends : $1.70 $1.20Big bets coming the way of the favourite. Has putting the writing on the wall its last couple. Looks set for a big run here.Main Danger2 Mehrtens F: 71723B(3) W(59.5)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- Suzy Gordon )Runs the odd poor race but is typically a consistent type. Has been another well-backed runner here. One for each-way odds.Next Best3 He's Done A Runner F: 28X1B(2) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.50Returned from a spell when scoring nicely last time out. Looks set for another good race and it could push this favourite close.Include in Multis5 Shanpark F: 51474B(7) W(58.5)( J- Sarah Macnab )( T- Kevin Myers )Got the job done nicely four back and has run some fair races since. Gets weight off its back so consider in this.Longer Odds10 Got The Call F: 9X683B(9) W(55.5)( J- Rebecca Goldsbury )Improving effort last start. Chance here.
RemarksStrong money coming for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 1.70Place1 7 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 2.10Quinella 3:7 $ 3.50Trifecta 7:3:4 $ 22.70First4 7:3:4:5 $ 80.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - INTER BUILDING LTD HANDICAPTime: 2:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Tavi Mac F: X1151B(7) W(58.5)( T- Allan Sharrock )PlacedDividend : $1.40Hasn't done much wrong throughout its career. Gets 3kg off its back and it runs well for apprentices. Should go close to winning again.Main Danger2 Rock 'N' Affair F: 5X132B(6) W(59.5)( J- Temyia Taiaroa )( T- Kevin Gray )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.60Nice type which has run into a couple of handy runners of late. Should find this slightly easier and it's another with a claimer riding.Next Best7 Princess Amelie F: X1138B(3) W(57.5)Looked better than average when winning its first two starts this season. Only fair last start but this is going to suit better. Threat.Include in Multis9 Sweepstake F: 93938B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.30The ability is there but it just needs some confidence. Drawing barrier two should help and it could add some value.Longer Odds3 Hugo The Boss F: 10X00B(8) W(59.5)Allow one more chance to impress.
RemarksShould be a competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.10Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.40Place3 9 $ 2.30Quinella 2:4 $ 4.10Trifecta 2:4:9 $ 73.70First4 2:4:9:10 $ 369.80Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Rock 'N' Affair(4) Tavi MacR6 (1) Jessiegee(6) Satu Lagi (7) Father LenihanR7 (2) Commanding Prince(3) Johnny Lincoln (4) Proletariat (13) Hocico BlancoR8 (1) Abbey Road(2) Original Gangster (4) Du'bluesQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MANAWATU STANDARD SUMMER CUPTime: 3:13 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Satu Lagi F: X2432B(7) W(54)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Patrick Campbell )PlacedDividend : $1.60Has the foot on the till after three placings from four starts this preparation. Meets an even field here and it could score an overdue win.Main Danger1 Jessiegee F: X8826B(4) W(60)Has been running against some strong fields. Deserves a winning turn sooner than later. Adds value to this race.Next Best7 Father Lenihan F: 60312B(9) W(54)In good form recently, including a handy win two back. Capable if it produced another performance similar here. Chance.Include in Multis3 The Bandito F: 60835B(6) W(58.5)Needs a confidence boost but that could come here. Did well two back when placing and a similar run sees it go well.Longer Odds8 Monrecour F: 6X004B(1) W(54)( T- Fraser Auret )Chance after an improved run last start.
RemarksMany winning chances in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.50Place1 2 $ 2.80Place2 6 $ 1.60Quinella 2:6 $ 5.60Trifecta 2:6:1 $ 48.40First4 2:6:1:8 $ 165.50Double 2/2 $ 30.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - INSPIRE NET 2100Time: 3:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Johnny Lincoln F: 62232B(2) W(59)Getting ever so close to a win. Has rattled off four consecutive placings and should be in for a win soon. Could come here.Main Danger2 Commanding Prince F: 90X74B(6) W(59)( T- Fraser Auret )Indicated last start that a win isn't far away. Has been specked at each-way odds and that's a good sign. Goes close.Next Best4 Proletariat F: X9611B(12) W(59)( T- Ashley Meadows )WonDividends : $5.10 $2.20Picked them up easily to score last start. Looks a nice type in the making and a win here wouldn't surprise. Just needs luck from the draw.Include in Multis13 Hocico Blanco F: X3553B(13) W(55)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Mark Goodwin )Yet to be far away from four starts this time in. Gets some weight off the back and carrying 53kg helps.Longer Odds7 Myrtle F: X0823B(1) W(57.5)( J- Rebecca Goldsbury )( T- David Goldsbury )Will make its own luck off the inside barrier. Chance on that.
RemarksBig field and big value
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.10Place1 4 $ 2.20Place2 6 $ 5.10Place3 14 $ 5.60Quinella 4:6 $ 46.20Trifecta 4:6:14 $ 1384.60First4 4:6:14:13 $ 4328.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 7, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - MORE FM MANAWATU 1550Time: 4:26 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Du'blues F: X8252B(8) W(57.5)( J- Sarah Macnab )( T- Ashley Meadows )PlacedDividend : $2.20Tricky from barrier 11 but it has the form on the board. Two recent second placings and there is good betting support. Chance.Main Danger2 Original Gangster F: 47X72B(1) W(58.5)( T- Peter Didham )Much-improved run for second last time out. Heading in the right direction and the inside draw is a bonus. Win hope.Next Best1 Abbey Road F: X0765B(14) W(59)Steadily improving this season without looking like a winning threat. Drops in weight and that's going to help it.Include in Multis7 Ritzy Sparkle F: 54435B(15) W(56.5)( T- Roydon Bergerson )Consistent type which only needs to find a length to start winning. Gets its chance here.Longer Odds6 Platinum Wild Card F: 73739B(3) W(57.5)Good enough to cause an upset.
RemarksAnother great value race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 16 $ 12.10Place1 16 $ 3.30Place2 4 $ 2.20Place3 15 $ 1.80Quinella 4:16 $ 35.30Trifecta 16:4:15 $ 267.80First4 16:4:15:3 $ 4315.00Double 4+/16 $ 52.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%