Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - MANAWATU SHEARING 2100Time: 12:00 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Korakonui F: 31855B(6) W(55.5)( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $4.50 $2.30Not one of Steve Baster's best rides at Trentham. Three wide throughout when the leader - and eventual winner - had them stretched.Main Danger4 Akela Belle F: 67511B(7) W(55.5)The mum won 3 in a row. Here's her chance to match that achievement.Next Best1 Soleseifei F: 40X33B(4) W(59)( J- Sam O'Malley )( T- Jaimee-Lee Lupton )PlacedDividend : $2.20Trained by Parkes' partner but apprentice retained. Gotta get the weight down.. Close to full fitness.Include in Multis6 Vencedora F: 05051B(5) W(55.5)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- John Wheeler )John Wheeler trained and last start winner - following a close up 5th at Trentham previously. Has to be ratedLonger Odds3 Toms F: 29638B(1) W(56.5)( T- D & E Haworth )Victim of two poor rides in a row. Inform Myers pressed into service for this one.
RemarksGear changes: Korakonui (AUS): Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.50Place1 5 $ 2.30Place2 1 $ 2.20Quinella 1:5 $ 5.80Trifecta 5:1:3 $ 68.40First4 5:1:3:7 $ 454.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CHRIS GOMMANS CONTRACTING/MANAWATU SPREADERMDNTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Mal Dee F: 32B(5) W(58)( T- Janelle Millar )PlacedDividend : $1.20Stable having one of its best seasons. 1400m ideal for this Niagara 3yo after two late runs 1200m.Main Danger7 Authentic Charm F: 90X55B(4) W(56.5)Scr from Tauherenikau and reserved for home track. Definite improver.Next Best1 Outthegate F: 39X24B(2) W(58.5)( T- Suzy Gordon )PlacedDividend : $1.60Suzy Gordon busily ticking off her maidens. This one not far off the winner's listInclude in Multis8 Floral Belt F: 65935B(1) W(56)( T- Kevin Gray )WonDividends : $6.40 $1.50Should have finished closer last start. Forced to shift groundLonger Odds4 Irish Flare F: 8B(9) W(58)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- John Wheeler )Brother of Irish Flame but not as good as him though
RemarksGear changes: Floral Belt: Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.40Place1 8 $ 1.50Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 1.20Quinella 1:8 $ 14.30Trifecta 8:1:3 $ 64.20First4 8:1:3:7 $ 227.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ARANUI HARVESTERS 1200Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Queen Of The Air F: 5X10XB(7) W(56)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $1.60 $1.20Rosie Myers makes her Te Akau debut and the stable has come up with a promising talent for her to ride. Easy winner previous trip to CDMain Danger9 Almarie F: 90X45B(2) W(55.5)( T- Clinton Isdale )PlacedDividend : $2.90If only she had managedto convert those12 placings into wins. the bank balance would have looked a lot healthier. Luckess 2 runs from spell.Next Best6 Eva Dawn F: 2X0X1B(3) W(56.5)Blew rivals away fresh month back. The third placegetter has since wonInclude in Multis1 Mehrtens F: 8X31B(6) W(59)( J- Paul Gallagher )( T- Suzy Gordon )PlacedDividend : $2.10Does the All Black finisher justice. When it comes to the crunch he's a lovely finisher.Longer Odds4 Cuidado Caliente F: 75916B(4) W(57)( T- E & JJ Rayner )Rayners tinkered with gear after failing to back up win.
RemarksGear changes: Cuidado Caliente: Tongue Control Bit off, Lugging Bit on, Tongue Tie on Heineken Rocks: Blinkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 1.60Place1 8 $ 1.20Place2 9 $ 2.90Place3 1 $ 2.10Quinella 8:9 $ 10.00Trifecta 8:9:1 $ 64.30First4 8:9:1:3 $ 357.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - CARTERS ASHHURST POHANGINA CUPTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Gift Of Power F: 21106B(5) W(59)( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $1.50 $1.30Another riding change. Good run in Telegraph and this considerably easierMain Danger2 Passing Shot F: X3895B(1) W(60)( T- Stephen McKee )PlacedDividend : $3.40Too old to chase the big sprints these days. Well placed in this.Next Best1 Heni F: 82534B(6) W(60)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Mike Breslin )Time up for Allpress ...Gift of Power ride gone elsewhere. Mare's win some time ago, Allpress will get special enjoyment out of breaking the drought.Longer Odds6 Joy Anna F: 0X880B(2) W(54)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Mark Blackie )Out of form but this isn't the Concorde. Will try to sit on Gift Power and pounce.
RemarksStipe Comment: HENI - Slow away then commenced to over race when being steadied for a distance passing the 1000 metres, held up early in the final straight.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 1.50Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 3.40Quinella 2:3 $ 6.60Trifecta 3:2:5 $ 23.50First4 3:2:5:6 $ 82.50Treble 8/8+/3+ $ 20.80Quaddie 5/8/8+/3+ $ 79.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - KAMADA PARK WHAKARONGO HANDICAPTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1550m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Jessiegee F: 47252B(6) W(54)( T- Mike Breslin )A slow track would go down well but has performed tidily on top of the ground. Really does deserve another win.Main Danger4 Beauden F: 45715B(5) W(55.5)( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.60Been below par for most of season but reunites with Johnson today. He has a super record on him, one win coming hereNext Best1 Henree Winkler F: 8X422B(2) W(59)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Lost winning knack. Backing up from second six days agoInclude in Multis5 Miss Contessa F: 21185B(4) W(54)( T- Gary Vile )PlacedDividend : $2.30Checked off heels Wellington Cup day and struggled to get going again. Couldn't finish hard enough. Odds maker with Hannam up today.Longer Odds9 Du'blues F: 20117B(8) W(54)( T- Ashley Meadows )Struggled in an R82 last start. Allpress booking gives vital edge.
RemarksStipe Comment: MISS CONTESSA - Steadied when placed in restricted room 900m
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.80Place1 4 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 2.30Place3 3 $ 2.00Quinella 4:5 $ 17.00Trifecta 4:5:3 $ 159.40First4 4:5:3:6 $ 502.50
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Henree Winkler(4) Beauden (5) Miss Contessa (6) JessiegeeR6 (2) Windsor(5) Brimm (6) One Prize One GoalR7 (1) Platinum Wild Card(7) Lady In Lace (9) Champagne Bride (12) Miss ValenciaR8 (2) Original Gangster(5) Top Ofthe Straight (11) CottonevaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MURRAY FREE CONTRACTING LTD/RAETIHI PUNTERS CLUBTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Brimm F: 1X14B(7) W(56)( T- Jaimee-Lee Lupton )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.30Bid for winning treble faltered when held up for run Trentham. Get back on the horse.Main Danger6 One Prize One Goal F: 27333B(9) W(56)( T- Lee Somervell )Keeps fronting up for veteran trainer even if it is only for a minor prize. Looks good for another oneNext Best1 The Rippa F: 59525B(3) W(59.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )A trier but career riddled with mediocrity. Best when its rock hardInclude in Multis3 Fibonacci F: 7X981B(1) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Mercer )PlacedDividend : $3.40Last start win down to Allpress' vigorous riding more than anything else.Longer Odds2 Windsor F: 44184B(2) W(59)( J- Sam O'Malley )( T- Roydon Bergerson )PlacedDividend : $3.30Won 3 back with big finish at Trentham. Repeat of that and could well surprise here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.30Place1 5 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 3.30Place3 3 $ 3.40Quinella 2:5 $ 14.50Trifecta 5:2:3 $ 232.90First4 5:2:3:6 $ 1176.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - VALLEY CONTRACTING 1550Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1550m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Lady In Lace F: X0125B(10) W(57)( T- D & E Haworth )PlacedDividend : $1.40Haworths have got a handy team in today. This one has strong claims after a 5th in Desert GoldMain Danger1 Platinum Wild Card F: 69912B(2) W(60)PlacedDividend : $1.80The mum was mighty in the mud, the son seems to prefer it firmer. Really grown this prepNext Best12 Miss Valencia F: 1X740B(4) W(55.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Benner/Wynyard )Went too hard in front in Desert Gold. Benner had an average summer. She could kick-start thingsInclude in Multis9 Champagne Bride F: 44218B(3) W(56)( T- John Bary )Average ride by apprentice last start. Johnson will make a differenceLonger Odds13 Koko Belle F: X0984B(8) W(55)( T- Janelle Millar )Looking sharper but can't see winning.
Remarks85955.0Leah HemiJanelle Millar$7.80$2.70 Gear changes: Lady In Lace: Blinkers on Miss Valencia: Blinkers off, Ear Covers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 29.40Place1 3 $ 4.70Place2 1 $ 1.80Place3 7 $ 1.40Quinella 1:3 $ 31.90Trifecta 3:1:7 $ 341.40First4 3:1:7:5 $ 1851.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 12, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ROWDEN ELECTRICAL 2100Time: 12:00 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Cottoneva F: X5243B(10) W(56)( T- Allan Sharrock )PlacedDividend : $2.00Dam won a Gr2, the daughter has won a maiden. Close to applying polish to that record.Main Danger2 Original Gangster F: 51245B(2) W(59)( T- Roydon Bergerson )Long way back at Trentham, ran home hard when clear of slow traffic and fallen foe.Next Best5 Top Ofthe Straight F: 03210B(12) W(58)( T- Gary Vile )Hopes dashed at Trentham when had to avoid fallen runner.Include in Multis9 Granite Ridge F: 30083B(7) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Kevin Gray )Pulled up lame first race for year. Down on fitness for 1800m when fully recovered.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'12 Top Actress F: X1490B(8) W(55.5)( T- Stephen McKee )Travel mate for Passing Shot. Could snatch a placing.
RemarksGear changes: Cead Mile Failte: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 11.10Place1 3 $ 3.50Place2 11 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 2.30Place6 1,8+,9/2,3+/3,4+,5/2,3,5+/1,3,7+/3,4,11+ $ 16.30Quinella 3:11 $ 28.20Trifecta 3:11:4 $ 481.20First4 3:11:4:2 $ 1287.80Treble 5+/3/3 $ 1102.80Quaddie 4+/5+/3/3 $ 8520.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%