Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 11:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Regal Reward F: 733XB(1) W(57.5)( J- Madan Singh )Had race experience. Has Jumpout since spell and was good. Got the ace draw and has been good from his race starts.Main Danger8 Petite Rose F:B(4) W(55.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )PlacedDividend : $2.40Has trialed up well. Should race well from a good gate today.Next Best4 Callsign Mav F:B(6) W(57.5)( T- John Bary )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.50Not much known about this galloper but John Bary horses must be respected on their home track. Jumpout winner and is favourite to take it outInclude in Multis5 Red Sharp Prince F:B(2) W(57.5)( T- Fraser Auret )Has trialed up well prior to today’s debut and a good debut is expected.Longer Odds2 Hasler Lad F: 8X5B(10) W(57.5)Good run when green last start. A bold run at odds is expected.
RemarksFirst race of the day and it’s a dash for the cash
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.00Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 10 $ 3.00Place3 8 $ 2.40Quinella 4:10 $ 20.40Trifecta 4:10:8 $ 138.50First4 4:10:8:1 $ 672.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - CARRFIELDS PRIMARY WOOL/CARRFIELDS LIVESTOCKTime: 11:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Petrachor F:B(12) W(56.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $5.50 $1.80Very good winning at the trials. If she can get a good run from the draw will take some beating.Main Danger6 The White Queen F: 225X4B(8) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Very consistent. Good run fresh up will take improvement from that has to be a good chance.Next Best1 Blue Arrow F: 0X729B(10) W(58.5)( T- Tina Egan )Good second two back and had no luck at Waverley. May find this track too good but can run well.Include in Multis2 New York Jazz F:B(2) W(58.5)Won well at the trials and should run a good race on debutLonger Odds8 One Way Street F: 45380B(11) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $4.40Has shown form in the past and if she gets a good trip from the wide gate no reason why she can’t figure in the finish.
RemarksGone with the trial form here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 5.50Place1 9 $ 1.80Place2 7 $ 2.20Place3 8 $ 4.40Quinella 7:9 $ 17.90Trifecta 9:7:8 $ 436.70First4 9:7:8:2 $ 1121.30Double 4+/9 $ 19.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - STOCK CO 1200Time: 12:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Lily d'Or F:B(9) W(55.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.60Making debut and was super winning at the trials. If she can get a good run from the draw will take some beating.Main Danger1 Mannering F: 3344XB(5) W(57.5)( T- Clinton Isdale )Showed ability last prep and was good grinding win at the trial. Can make it a winning return to the races.Next Best4 Trendy Belt F: 7X32B(2) W(55.5)( T- Kevin Gray )PlacedDividend : $1.70Both runs this prep have been good. This track will suit and been well supported since the market opened.Include in Multis3 Bumrah F:B(11) W(57.5)( T- Sandie Cookson )Trial was good and was good winner at Levin Jumpouts. The wide draw is a concern but should race well.Longer Odds6 Sassenach F: 77X4B(12) W(55.5)( T- A Brown )Good trial winner before a good fourth on very testing ground at Wanganui. This track may suit better.
RemarksOne of the more interesting races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.70Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 4 $ 1.70Place3 11 $ 6.10Quinella 4:8 $ 5.80Trifecta 8:4:11 $ 245.50First4 8:4:11:3 $ 1545.60Treble 4+/9/8+ $ 84.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - KEN BROWNE LIVESTOCK 1200Time: 12:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Five Stars F: 8418XB(4) W(58.5)Showed ability last prep when winning. Trial was good and a top performance is expected.Main Danger8 Pincanto F: 23662B(9) W(56.5)( J- Eilish McCall )( T- P & T Ebbett )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.60Front runner who was run down at odds late. This race looks to have much more pace but can be still in the finish.Next Best3 Not Usual Delight F: 91B(1) W(59)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $2.00Things didn’t go right first up. Was very good winning last start and if he handles the better the track he will be very competitive here. He has won a trial nicely on Good ground.Include in Multis2 Ottavio F: 86545B(6) W(59.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.20Hasn’t been racing too bad lately and could get the right run in this.Longer Odds9 Eastern Warrior F: 0459XB(8) W(56)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Won this day last year. Form been mixed since but if she brings her best form can be competitive here
RemarksThe scratchings of the favourites have left this race wide open
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 4.30Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 2.20Quinella 3:8 $ 11.80Trifecta 8:3:2 $ 95.70First4 8:3:2:10 $ 1159.60Double 8+/8 $ 10.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WAIROA WANDERERS 1200Time: 1:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Tuscan Whistler F: L4915B(7) W(59)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Shane Crawford )Good win two back here. Top run for fifth at Ruakaka looks over in the race.Main Danger7 One Madison F: 1B(3) W(57)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Patiently handled by the Wexford team before winning easy on debut if she can repeat that will be a good winning chance.Next Best1 Cameahotfriday F: X6435B(8) W(59.5)All runs this campaign have been good. Will likely get back and be storming home. Should find the track fine.Include in Multis10 Spring Bouquet F: 17X56B(4) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )PlacedDividend : $2.00Top run fresh up at Te Teko was ok at Hastings her next. She may want more sting out of the track.Longer Odds6 Mehrtens F: 37277B(10) W(57.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Suzy Gordon )WonDividends : $17.80 $4.90Nothing went right last start at Awapuni. Will appreciate a better surface than last couple and can be the value in this.
RemarksAnother race with following here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 17.80Place1 6 $ 4.90Place2 10 $ 2.00Place3 11 $ 7.90Quinella 6:10 $ 51.70Trifecta 6:10:11 $ 2597.10First4 - $ 0.00Quaddie 9/8+/8/6 $ 2202.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - JIMMY RURAL 1400Time: 2:07 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Lincoln Town F: 262B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Both runs when ridden in front have been good (second on both occasions). If he does again I expect his to keep fighting to the line.Main Danger2 Beauty Star F: 824B(5) W(58.5)Has stormed home last couple of starts. Will do the same here again. Just to me he is looking for more ground and that why he isn’t on top.Next Best7 Veuve Clicquot F: 6X203B(9) W(56.5)( T- Lee Somervell )WonDividends : $12.10 $3.30Both runs here at Hastings on decent footing have been good. Another run on this ground and I expect her to run well.Include in Multis3 Keepin Harmonee F: 235X0B(1) W(58.5)( T- J J Rayner )Needed resuming run. Will benefit from that and was very honest last prep and could do the same here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Flautino F: 539B(7) W(56.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Did things wrong for third at Wanganui. Won a trial easy and never handled the heavy ground at Rotorua. Looks the best roughie of the day.
RemarksGood competitive maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 12.10Place1 7 $ 3.30Place2 5 $ 2.00Place3 1 $ 1.90Quinella 5:7 $ 31.40Trifecta 7:5:1 $ 398.40First4 7:5:1:2 $ 2019.70Double 6/7 $ 105.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - BEN ALLEN TRANSPORT 1650Time: 2:42 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Alfa Rosso F: 94B(6) W(58.5)( T- Margaret Falconer )Made some really good ground late at Pukekohe. Step up in distance helps and even though the price is short looks well placed in a weak race.Main Danger3 Mr Jimmy Pocket F: 78X45B(10) W(58.5)( T- Trudy Keegan )Got home very well both runs this prep and looks well placed here to figure in the finish.Next Best4 Man Power F: 80X65B(4) W(58.5)Stuck on well from a hard run at Te Rapa. His first up run had effort merit to consider.Include in Multis1 Yeah Right F: 87553B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.20Wasn’t bad runs before a decent third at Waverley. Can go well in this.Longer Odds10 Rox F:B(2) W(56.5)( T- Sandie Cookson )Trial was good enough. Good staying win at Jumpouts and the 1650 suits.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie in a race that lacks depth.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.50Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 2.20Place3 5 $ 5.70Quinella 1:7 $ 11.90Trifecta 7:1:5 $ 445.50First4 7:1:5:3 $ 2947.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (2) Alfa RossoR8 (1) Touch The CloudsR9 (2) Mister Geronimo(3) Big Ben (5) Never Back Down (6) Skaaboom (10) Tipperary MaryR10 (2) Ruffy Rahtwo(3) Super Hoof (7) CabochonQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - PGG WRIGHTSON LIVESTOCK 1650Time: 3:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Touch The Clouds F: 47X44B(5) W(58.5)Both runs this prep have been super and his form looks superior over these.Main Danger3 Whiteout F: 7X86B(9) W(58.5)( T- Herb Renall )Very good run from back at Waverley and looks the main danger off that.Next Best5 Double Act F: 0X569B(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.30The runs fresh up and second up were ok and could be the right form for this race.Include in Multis6 Francesca Kate F: 5X347B(6) W(56.5)( T- D & E Haworth )WonDividends : $7.00 $1.70Blinkers will help her chances here. Has been consistent in the past and in the right race to get back in form.Longer Odds7 Valhexa F: 94900B(8) W(56.5)Her run when fourth was good and a repeat of that run could be good enough to go well here.
RemarksAnother race which lacks depth with a short priced favourite who looks hard to beat
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 7.00Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 3.30Place3 4 $ 4.70Quinella 5:6 $ 37.80Trifecta 6:5:4 $ 795.00First4 6:5:4:8 $ 5695.10Double 7/6 $ 16.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - ROSS DYER LIVESTOCK 1650Time: 3:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Mister Geronimo F: X6164B(10) W(58.5)( T- Trudy Keegan )Good winning here three back next two have been good and a win here would not surprise.Main Danger6 Skaaboom F: 24939B(8) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )PlacedDividend : $1.90Back to the mile and a track that will suit. Form has been mixed but everything looks to go her way today.Next Best10 Tipperary Mary F: 70208B(7) W(54)( T- Jim Wallace )PlacedDividend : $2.60Good second three back and her run here last time was pretty good and any luck could see this mare in the finish.Include in Multis3 Big Ben F: 0X092B(1) W(58)( T- Olivia Duffy )WonDividends : $5.30 $2.20Much improved effort last start at Waverley got the run to suit but can run another top race.Longer Odds5 Never Back Down F: 5X187B(4) W(57.5)( T- Shane Crawford )Good winning fresh up has struggled next two at Ruakaka which can be a forgiven track. Expect him to be back to his best.
RemarksHard leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.30Place1 3 $ 2.20Place2 10 $ 2.60Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 3:10 $ 27.90Trifecta 3:10:6 $ 193.60First4 3:10:6:7 $ 1672.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - FARMERS TRANSPORT 1650Time: 4:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Cabochon F: 12508B(8) W(56.5)Easy winner in the summer and held form well. Improver run at Ruakaka and I expect she can win off that run.Main Danger3 Super Hoof F: 2X710B(2) W(58.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Glenn Old )Easy winner two back when leading was very ordinary next. Will need to improve but can.Next Best2 Ruffy Rahtwo F: 60X43B(4) W(59.5)( T- Tina Egan )PlacedDividend : $1.60Both runs this prep have been good. May want it wetter but he is very honest and cannot leave outInclude in Multis10 Lady Verawood F: 37918B(1) W(56)( T- Kevin Gray )Good when winning struggled on a testing track at Awapuni back on a track that suits.Longer Odds6 Chartwell F: 0X050B(6) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.90Good fifth but the other runs this prep disappointing. Best chance to run to his best and his best is good enough to go close here.
RemarksLast of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.70Place1 4 $ 2.70Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 6 $ 2.90Quinella 2:4 $ 14.70Trifecta 4:2:6 $ 332.70First4 4:2:6:3 $ 975.70Double 3/4 $ 48.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%