Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - JIMMY RURAL 2100Time: 12:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Glorious Dream F: 3310B(1) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Didn't fire last start but form prior was good. Scored an impressive win two back and it should use the inside draw well.Main Danger3 Roc Legend F: 15B(6) W(59)Did the job nicely on debut before running fifth behind Off Shaw. That form could stack up and it has been well backed to win.Next Best2 Jonny Russ F: 89441B(4) W(59)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Anita Gardner )WonDividends : $3.50 $2.20Wasn't doing much until it won last time out. That breakthrough win could see it start winning more consistently. Right in this.Include in Multis1 Zac Brown F: 87720B(3) W(59.5)( T- Stephen Nickalls )Another that needs to overcome a poor run last time out. Is talented at best and the small field could help it.Longer Odds6 Sheza Beach Babe F: 51X03B(7) W(56.5)Better run last start when third. Could run well in this.
RemarksCompetitive field in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.50Place1 2 $ 2.20Place2 4 $ 1.60Quinella 2:4 $ 5.50Trifecta 2:4:7 $ 112.20First4 2:4:7:1 $ 408.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - STELLA ARTOIS 3YO 1200Time: 1:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 O'Connor F:B(4) W(57.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )In the right hands and hasn't been asked to do too much at the trials. Drawn well and it has been heavily backed to win.Main Danger6 Tamahine F: 2B(5) W(55.5)( T- Gail Temperton )Ran nicely on debut when second. Shorter in the market this time around but punters are still getting nice odds. Chance.Next Best10 Unlaced F:B(8) W(55.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )PlacedDividend : $1.50On debut for the Lowry/Cullen team. Has had a trial to prepare and it's bred to show some early speed.Include in Multis7 Copiapino F: 9XB(1) W(55.5)WonDividends : $4.70 $1.70Disappointing on debut but it's tough to look away from the breeding. Might have needed time and has got that now. Being well-backed currently.Longer Odds4 Mitchell F:B(6) W(57.5)( T- Shane Brown )Could show up at odds.
RemarksLooks a good form race for the future
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.70Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 10 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 3.40Quinella 7:10 $ 10.40Trifecta 7:10:3 $ 188.80First4 7:10:3:6 $ 798.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - GARTH BEST- BEST TRAVEL MEMORIAL SPRINTTime: 2:00 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 On Show F: X3604B(3) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.40Yet to win this campaign but has looked good at times. Has been heavily backed to win and that's a good sign. Could be tough to get past.Main Danger2 Pokuru's Gift F: 52X13B(8) W(59)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )WonDividends : $4.80 $1.70Did the job nicely fresh up when winning. Handy placing last time out and it only needs luck from a tricky draw.Next Best3 Challa F: 0X154B(1) W(58.5)Scored well enough fresh up before two solid runs. In-form stable trains and it gets a valuable 3kg off its back. Every chance of winning this.Include in Multis1 Matt Cain F: 60X31B(7) W(59)( T- Steven Carey )PlacedDividend : $3.10Carries a big weight but is coming off a win. Punters are getting good odds for the risk so consider.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'4 Pinot Grey F: X247XB(4) W(57.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Jeff Lynds )Good enough to add some value at odds.
RemarksTidy field with many winning types
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.80Place1 2 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 1.40Place3 1 $ 3.10Quinella 2:8 $ 5.80Trifecta 2:8:1 $ 81.10First4 2:8:1:10 $ 516.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - RUSSELL FAMILY CITY OF HASTINGS CUP/FASTTRACK 5KTime: 2:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Motivation F: 24813B(2) W(54)PlacedDividend : $1.70Capable type that scored a good win two back and didn't have all luck in running last time out. Light weight of 54kg helps.Main Danger3 Swisswatch F: 744X3B(1) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.80 $1.20Likes to roll forward and it could lead them a merry chase. Inside draw so won't have to cross and the apprentice claim helps.Next Best4 Maria Dior F: 7X872B(3) W(54)( J- Temyia Taiaroa )( T- Patrick Campbell )Getting better with every run this time in. Not an easy race to win but 51kg is ideal. Shouldn't be far away.Longer Odds2 Stradivarius F: 54836B(4) W(58.5)Conditions will suit and it should settle closer to the pace than usual.
RemarksOnly a field of five but it should be a close contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 1.80Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 5 $ 1.70Quinella 3:5 $ 2.50Trifecta 3:5:1 $ 17.90First4 3:5:1:2 $ 32.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PHIL'S GARDENS MILETime: 3:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Fearless F: 43X26B(3) W(58.5)( T- D & E Haworth )PlacedDividend : $1.50Owns class and has been respected in the betting. Didn't fire much last start but that was second up. Better suited with that run under the belt.Main Danger7 Florence O'Reilly F: 26X26B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Running well against some tough opposition. Nice effort for second fresh up and the money is on. Chance.Next Best9 Sheer Elegance F: 0X724B(4) W(56.5)WonDividends : $5.70 $1.60Handy effort to run second two back. Right there in the market and although it hasn't won for a while, it should go well here.Include in Multis8 Rox F: 28634B(7) W(56.5)( T- Peter Didham )Improved with a change of trainer last start. Could continue in that vein of form and be right in the mix.Longer Odds10 Dancing Queen F:B(1) W(56.5)( J- Rebecca Goldsbury )( T- David Goldsbury )Inside draw is ideal and it could add some value at odds.
RemarksForm out of this race should stack up nicely
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 5.70Place1 9 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 1.50Quinella 1:9 $ 11.30Trifecta 9:1:7 $ 74.00First4 9:1:7:8 $ 180.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Fearless(7) Florence O'Reilly (9) Sheer EleganceR6 (2) Edwardian Lady(4) One Prize One Goal (6) Savanah BelleR7 (1) Spirit Of Galway(2) Ball Gown (7) AlexandriteR8 (1) Quantum(2) Yossarian (4) Enrichment (5) AmanoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - KAHUNGUNU KAPATime: 3:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Edwardian Lady F: 47X12B(1) W(58.5)( J- Temyia Taiaroa )( T- Gail Temperton )PlacedDividend : $1.70Hasn't done much wrong this season. Good win fresh up and the 3kg coming off its back is ideal. Should prove tough to handle.Main Danger4 One Prize One Goal F: 05092B(2) W(58.5)Turned around its form when running second last time out. Likely to continue with that form and push them close.Next Best6 Savanah Belle F: 0X128B(5) W(57)Looked the goods when scoring fresh up. Needs to lift after running eighth last start but it's more than capable.Include in Multis5 Royal Ruby F: 347X7B(4) W(58)( T- P & T Ebbett )Better for the run last start and it drops down to 55kg with the 3kg apprentice claim. Well-backed to win.Longer Odds3 Ivan Kane F: X5910B(6) W(58.5)( T- Shane Brown )WonDividends : $15.40 $6.10Always an upset chance.
RemarksAnother small field but all but one runner is quoted at single-figure odds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 15.40Place1 3 $ 6.10Place2 2 $ 1.70Quinella 2:3 $ 21.20Trifecta 3:2:5 $ 350.80First4 3:2:5:4 $ 1050.90Double 9/3 $ 73.70Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 4:19 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Ball Gown F: 43X3B(4) W(57.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- D & E Haworth )Heading in the right direction and that was a nice third last time out. Well-bred type which should pay a nice price.Main Danger7 Alexandrite F: 2B(7) W(56)Battled on well at odds on debut. Only going to strip fitter for the run and it has remained steady in the betting throughout.Next Best1 Spirit Of Galway F: X34X3B(1) W(57.5)WonDividends : $3.50 $1.80Tough to keep this stable down at the moment. Inside draw and it gets in with a 3kg claimer riding. Tough to beat on that.Include in Multis4 Vroom F: 80X3B(6) W(57.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )PlacedDividend : $3.50Resumed with a much better third last start. Still learning the game and it could mature into a nice type.Longer Odds9 Royal Charter F: X8X95B(5) W(56)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- P & J Brosnan )Chance with improvement.
RemarksLooks a progressive field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.50Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 4 $ 3.50Quinella 1:4 $ 14.60Trifecta 1:4:2 $ 80.20First4 1:4:2:7 $ 146.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - ROGER RUSSELL/CHARLIE KEENAN MEMORIALTime: 4:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Enrichment F: 2X410B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.50Better than what it showed last start. Win prior was a much better form guide and the claim helps. Goes close.Main Danger5 Amano F: 439X8B(8) W(57)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $4.40 $1.60Has raced against better fields than this in the past. Needs to find some confidence but that could come here. Chance.Next Best2 Yossarian F: 37513B(3) W(59)Race the fitness in the legs this campaign and that's going to help here. Stuck on well last start so consider.Include in Multis1 Quantum F: 890X3B(1) W(60)( T- Karen Nicholson )Gets the inside draw for its second start this season. Didn't do much wrong last start and the small field helps.Longer Odds3 Bucky F: 87X16B(5) W(58)Good enough to win at double-figure odds.
RemarksNot much covering this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.40Place1 5 $ 1.60Place2 10 $ 6.90Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 5:10 $ 127.00Trifecta 5:10:4 $ 1024.60First4 5:10:4:2 $ 3434.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%