Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - BAY FORD NZ PUNTER OF THE YEAR 5 OCTTime: 12:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Beauty Star F: 44161B(8) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Big effort to score last time out and it's maturing into a nice type. Likely to get back but it should be storming home.Main Danger8 Yamuna F: 62264B(6) W(54)( T- Jacob McKay )Finding it tough to win a race but it's running well enough to be considered here. Nicely weighted chance.Next Best7 Seductress F: 21292B(7) W(54)( T- Danica Guy )WonDividends : $5.40 $2.00Good effort for second last start and more improvement is to come. 54kg on the back and it has been well backed to score.Include in Multis5 Shez Ekstra F: 51418B(3) W(55.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Not the most consistent runner but it has every chance on its day. Two wins from its last four and it could add another.Longer Odds9 Bugs Moran F: 08033B(11) W(54)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Stephen Ralph )Chance based on last two runs.
RemarksLooks an open contest in the first
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.40Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 2 $ 2.50Quinella 3:7 $ 7.80Trifecta 7:3:2 $ 110.70First4 7:3:2:8 $ 318.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE 2000Time: 12:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Peso F: 30X54B(6) W(58.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Nelson/McDougal )WonDividends : $4.50 $1.70Two runs this campaign have been fair. Up in weight but it has every chance of taking this out. Chance.Main Danger4 In A Twinkling F: 255X7B(1) W(57)Didn't fire last time out but it has credentials to bounce back and score. Drawing the rail should help its chances.Next Best5 Sentimental Miss F: 91X70B(3) W(56.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Has been taking on stiff opposition to date. Worked home nicely fresh up and a similar effort takes it close here.Include in Multis6 Nymph Monte F: 00X74B(8) W(56.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Grant Nicholson )PlacedDividend : $1.90Warming up after running a good race for fourth last time out. Is being well backed to win and it should run accordingly.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Authentic Paddy F: 4X068B(7) W(60)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Lisa Latta )Always a chance on this track. Include.
RemarksMany runners at similar odds in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 4.50Place1 3 $ 1.70Place2 8 $ 3.00Place3 6 $ 1.90Quinella 3:8 $ 22.80Trifecta 3:8:6 $ 215.90First4 3:8:6:4 $ 717.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WINDSOR PARK STUD STALLIONS 3YOTime: 1:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Double Impact F: 1B(9) W(57.5)( T- Brendon Hawtin )PlacedDividend : $1.10Really let down to score last start and there's a reason why it's odds-on to win. Has a nice future and the money will continue to come on race day.Main Danger9 Cinzento F: 448X3B(10) W(54)( T- John Bary )Owns a nice turn-of-foot and it has been around some nice types throughout its career. No reason why it can't take this out.Next Best3 Divine Dive F: 35X3B(7) W(56)Yet to win a race but it looked good running third last start and that form should hold up nicely. Chance here.Include in Multis2 Fleurgundy F: 23321B(1) W(57.5)( T- Toby Autridge )Knuckled down nicely to score last start. Could kick on with it now and it gets a dream run off the inside barrier.Longer Odds7 Anna Cecelia F: 631X0B(2) W(55.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Lauren Brennan )Better than what it showed last start. Include.
RemarksPlenty of money with the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 15.20Place1 10 $ 2.60Place2 5 $ 2.50Place3 1 $ 1.10Quinella 5:10 $ 77.80Trifecta 10:5:1 $ 386.50First4 10:5:1:8 $ 4553.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HASTINGS - HEART OF HAWKE'S BAY 1300Time: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'12 Ranger F: X452XB(6) W(54.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Debbie Sweeney )PlacedDividend : $2.20Is a nice type in the making and it could go to the next level here. Drawn well and with only 54.5kg on the back, it should be tough to hold out.Main Danger1 Germanicus F: 433X1B(10) W(58)( T- Danica Guy )Scored an impressive win last start and the stable is starting to fire. Likely to go well again and punters are getting each-way odds.Next Best3 Petrachor F: 11B(12) W(57)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )Has been very impressive in two wins to date. Fought gamely to score last start and that looks a good form guide. Right in this.Include in Multis4 Swords Drawn F: 3000XB(3) W(57)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Shaune Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.50Form is poor but the opposition was tough last season. Better for the experience and there is good betting support. Include.Longer Odds5 Sagunto F: 576X8B(5) W(57)Might head forward and give them something to catch.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 7.40Place1 10 $ 2.40Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 12 $ 2.20Quinella 4:10 $ 10.20Trifecta 10:4:12 $ 188.30First4 10:4:12:1 $ 394.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - TE AWA WINERY RESTAURANT 1400Time: 2:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Lily d'Or F: 15B(6) W(57)( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $4.70 $1.90Impressive on debut and it can turn around that performance last time out. Drawn well and it should be competitive in this.Main Danger2 Motivation F: 36X32B(3) W(60)( J- Leith Innes )( T- John Bary )Knocking on the door after two good placings this time in. Gets every chance from the draw and it only needs to carry the weight.Next Best11 Ladylax F: 0X16XB(5) W(57)( J- Craig Grylls )Looked good when winning fresh up last season. Capable of running a similar race here and pushing this field close.Include in Multis1 Joe's Legacy F: 2364XB(11) W(60)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- Jason Price )Performed well enough at the trials to prepare for this. Tricky draw but they could go quickly up front and it could benefit from that.Longer Odds10 Ripley F: 10X7XB(10) W(58)Opie rides and it has each-way claims.
RemarksMany impressive thoroughbreds lining up here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 4.70Place1 12 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 6.20Place3 6 $ 4.10Quinella 5:12 $ 85.30Trifecta 12:5:6 $ 1257.20First4 12:5:6:2 $ 7811.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - HAWKE'S BAY BREEDERS GOLD TRAIL STAKES (G3)Time: 3:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'7 Kali F: 1X1B(6) W(56.5)Unbeaten after two starts and has looked good in the process. Drawn well and these colours are flying at present. Goes close again.Main Danger1 Aretha F: 3132XB(3) W(56.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.00Form from last campaign is likely to stack up nicely here. Should get every chance in the run and make its bid in the straight.Next Best9 Jennifer Eccles F: 33X2B(4) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Three placings from three starts and a win won't be far away. Not an easy race to win but it wouldn't surprise many to take this out.Include in Multis10 Loire F: 71X3B(10) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $3.50Specked at each-way odds in the betting and it has shown enough to warrant attention. Should be around the mark.Longer Odds11 Birdsong F: 1XB(9) W(56.5)Won well on debut and it could offer some value odds.
RemarksAlways one of the races to watch
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.20Place1 1 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 3.80Place3 10 $ 3.50Quinella 1:3 $ 29.80Trifecta 1:3:10 $ 509.70First4 1:3:10:9 $ 2240.70Treble 10/12/1 $ 101.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Aretha(7) Kali (9) Jennifer EcclesR7 (1) Santa Monica(3) The Mitigator (9) MalamboR8 (9) Melody BelleR9 (2) Beauden(4) Cavallo Veloce (8) Tightlign (16) Tavis CourtQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 7, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - L I REDSHAW MEMORIALTime: 3:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Malambo F: 44316B(7) W(53)( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $1.60Capable sprinter which has been well backed to score. Gets in with only 53kg and that's going to help a lot. Goes on top.Main Danger3 The Mitigator F: 2617XB(8) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Goes well on this track with four starts for a win and two placings. Good win two back and anything close sees it going well.Next Best1 Santa Monica F: 3X974B(11) W(60)( J- Masa Hashizume )( T- Stephen Ralph )Group 1 winner which could recapture that form with a win. Gets 3kg off its back and that brings it into contention.Include in Multis2 Watch This Space F: 922X4B(1) W(60)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Wayne Hillis )Not far behind them when fourth last start. Typically performs better with a run under the belt so watch the betting with interest.Longer Odds6 Stratocaster F: 0860XB(12) W(54.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- E & D Browne )Owns a big win on this course and it could return to that form.
RemarksPunters are getting good odds throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 20.30Place1 10 $ 5.00Place2 9 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 9:10 $ 41.90Trifecta 10:9:3 $ 805.00First4 10:9:3:2 $ 4439.30Double 1/10 $ 104.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - WINDSOR PARK PLATE (G1)Time: 4:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Melody Belle F: 11X41B(6) W(57)WonDividends : $1.60 $1.20The clear and obvious top pick. Returned to Group 1-winning form last campaign and it should be tough to beat once again.Main Danger2 Wyndspelle F: 282X2B(7) W(59)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Benner/Wynyard )Deserves a big win after so many quality placings. Drawn well here and if they go quickly up front, watch for it to be storming home late.Next Best6 Cutadeel F: 100X1B(12) W(58.5)Got the job done nicely last start. Needs some early luck from the draw but on talent alone, it should be tough in the finish.Include in Multis10 Hello It's Me F: 00X11B(8) W(57)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Gibbs/Bradley )Going well with back-to-back wins this preparation. Paying a nice price and punters could get some good each-way odds.Longer Odds8 Vigor Winner F: 21091B(11) W(58.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Lauren Brennan )Highly thought of and it could rattle home late.
RemarksMelody Belle dominates the betting
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 1.60Place1 9 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 5.90Place3 4 $ 3.40Quinella 3:9 $ 22.90Trifecta 9:3:4 $ 211.20First4 9:3:4:2 $ 1278.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - FAREWELL AND THANKS BARRY HOWES 1400Time: 5:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Cavallo Veloce F: 137X3B(1) W(58.5)Made a good impression when first arriving in New Zealand. Went well when third last time out and it should be tough to beat.Main Danger2 Beauden F: 5112XB(7) W(60)( T- TeamRogerson )Showed good consistency last campaign when scoring consecutive wins. Right in this with a good trip in transit.Next Best8 Tightlign F: 9151XB(11) W(57.5)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Stephen Marsh )Returns here after showing plenty of ability last season. Drawn a touch deep but it has enough ability to overcome that.Include in Multis16 Tavis Court F: 12102B(6) W(54)( T- Anna Clement )PlacedDividend : $2.10Handy placing last time out. Has won two of its last five starts and it should provide some good value in this.Longer Odds11 Hartley F: 6X537B(4) W(55)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Neil Connors )WonDividends : $10.70 $2.90Odds make it worth including.
RemarksA few well-backed runners in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 10.70Place1 11 $ 2.90Place2 16 $ 2.10Place3 5 $ 4.90Quinella 11:16 $ 22.30Trifecta 11:16:5 $ 861.00First4 11:16:5:4 $ 4854.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 8, 11, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%