Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LAND ROVER HOY IN HB 10-15 MARCH MAIDEN 1300Time: 2:09 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Melody Roxx F: 32B(5) W(56.5)( T- Sandy Dravitzki )PlacedDividend : $2.10Beaten on its merits last start but it didn't lose any admirers. Looks well-placed here and track conditions should suit.Main Danger2 Hot Spring Project F: 3B(2) W(58)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.30Did enough when third on debut to warrant attention. Top jockey in the saddle and we're expecting money to come for it.Next Best8 When In Paris F: 4B(7) W(56)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Jamie Richards )Stretched out nicely late on debut. Likely to improve on that run, despite taking on a good field. Include for value.Include in Multis1 Horopito F: 43B(4) W(58.5)( T- D & E Haworth )Scored a win at the trials to prepare for this run. Hasn't done much wrong on raceday and it's well worth including.Longer Odds4 Beyond Sacred F:B(1) W(58)( J- Rosie Myers )Nice odds for a well-bred type.
RemarksNot much covering this field top to bottom
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.10Place1 2 $ 1.30Place2 6 $ 2.10Quinella 2:6 $ 4.70Trifecta 2:6:4 $ 39.80First4 2:6:4:3 $ 197.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - TIME TEST 3YO 1400Time: 2:43 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Rum F: 1B(4) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Could mature into a nice type after impressing on debut. Money coming for it and that's a good sign. It can handle the rise in class.Main Danger1 Quick Thinker F: 356X4B(1) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.60Owns form behind some very nice types. Better over slightly longer distances but it should be right around the mark here.Next Best2 Callsign Mav F: 27262B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.60A touch short in the market for our liking. Has had its chances to win but hasn't been taking them. Gets another shot.Longer Odds5 Bad 'n' Bouj F: 91B(3) W(55.5)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Picked them up to score late last start. Chance with improvement.
RemarksOnly a small field but it's a great field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.40Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.60Quinella 1:2 $ 2.80Trifecta 2:1:4 $ 16.50First4 2:1:4:3 $ 48.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - COLWYN HERCOCK/MAJESTIC HORSEFLOATS MILETime: 3:19 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Maninthesky F: 12B(3) W(59.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Peter Lock )Nice win on debut before running a good second last start. Capable type and it gets 2kg off its back. Big chance on that.Main Danger5 Tuppence F: 6210B(5) W(56.5)Found stakes racing far too tough last start. Drops significantly in grade for this race and we're expecting a nice effort.Next Best7 Swish Az F: 85342B(7) W(56)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Lowry/Cullen )WonDividends : $5.60 $3.10Getting closer to an elusive second win. Handy placing last start and with natural progression, it could run them close.Include in Multis4 Ruby Rocks F: L4X1B(4) W(56.5)( T- Roger Allen )PlacedDividend : $2.70Last-start winner which could easily go back-to-back. We're expecting another good run at value odds.Longer Odds2 Danger Dee F: 70167B(1) W(58)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )Always worth including off the inside draw.
RemarksLooks a competitive race once again
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.60Place1 7 $ 3.10Place2 4 $ 2.70Quinella 4:7 $ 24.70Trifecta 7:4:5 $ 190.30First4 7:4:5:8 $ 779.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NADEEM 1300Time: 3:54 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Motivation F: 81327B(8) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.00It can be a tough horse to follow but it just needs some... motivation. Has done enough this season to warrant serious attention and it goes on top.Main Danger2 Merlini F: 627X2B(3) W(62)Has won second-up in the past, which is a good sign. Did well to run second fresh and getting 2kg off its back helps. Chance.Next Best3 Desert Magic F: 71452B(2) W(59.5)( J- Sarah Macnab )( T- Mike Breslin )Punters are getting good value, despite being beaten at Wairoa. It could get a nice run throughout and pay generous odds.Include in Multis5 Maria Dior F: 72551B(6) W(58.5)( T- Patrick Campbell )Burst through to win at Wairoa last start. That confidence could be enough to see it go on with it now. Always include.Longer Odds11 Magic Incanto F: X1021B(1) W(55.5)( J- Tony Allan )( T- Fred Pratt )PlacedDividend : $3.20Likely to go forward with Tony Allan riding. Chance off the inside barrier.
RemarksPlenty of progressive types lining up
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 11.80Place1 8 $ 3.40Place2 11 $ 3.20Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 8:11 $ 64.50Trifecta 8:11:4 $ 752.00First4 8:11:4:5 $ 5099.80Double 7/8 $ 55.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - PER INCANTO 1400Time: 4:29 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'5 Magnum F: 46154B(8) W(58)( T- Lauren Brennan )PlacedDividend : $1.80Its high-end ability is better than many of its opposition. Working through its gears of late and it could strike here.Main Danger10 Swisswatch F: 4X314B(2) W(54)( J- Chelsea Burdan )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.80Owns good tactical speed and that should be implemented here. It's helped by the light weight of 51kg. Top chance.Next Best4 Yearn F: 21423B(10) W(59)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Karen Fursdon )Coming off good runs at high levels. Deserves another win and it should appreciate the drop in class. Will be saved for one last run at them.Include in Multis7 Watch This Space F: 68407B(9) W(56.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Wayne Hillis )Needs to return to form sooner rather than later. Enjoys this track, so we're giving it one more chance to impress.Longer Odds12 Honneur Noir F: 3X548B(6) W(54)( T- Peter Lock )It can be dangerous down in the weights.
RemarksGreat field to kick off the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.60Place1 10 $ 1.80Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 5.60Quinella 5:10 $ 10.50Trifecta 10:5:8 $ 255.30First4 10:5:8:7 $ 1348.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (4) Yearn(5) Magnum (10) SwisswatchR6 (2) Hank Moody(5) Robusto (6) Jonny RussR7 (1) Jennifer Eccles(2) Loire (3) ShowbeelR8 (1) Not Usual Litening(5) ExaltationQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 7, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - TREMAINS STARTING GATES 2200Time: 5:04 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Hank Moody F: 03833B(4) W(59)( J- Taiki Yanagida )( T- Roydon Bergerson )Back-to-back third placings coming into this and this is a track that it has had success at. Nice each-way odds offered.Main Danger5 Robusto F: 23122B(6) W(57.5)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Doesn't know how to run a bad race and that's a good quality to have. Good winning chance and the only downside is the odds.Next Best6 Jonny Russ F: 44115B(7) W(57.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Anita Gardner )Good enough to score consecutive wins before running fifth last start. Could return to that top form and go well at odds.Include in Multis9 Mighty Connor F: 85356B(9) W(55)It's a handy type on its day. Helped by carrying 53kg and it could add value to multiples. Past winner at this distance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 La Soeur F: X7745B(5) W(54.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Wayne Marshment )Too good to rule out. Goes into the mix.
RemarksPunters are getting generous odds in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.10Place1 5 $ 1.20Place2 3 $ 3.20Place3 1 $ 2.90Quinella 3:5 $ 10.60Trifecta 5:3:1 $ 115.00First4 5:3:1:9 $ 820.50Double 10+/5+ $ 9.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LITTLE AVONDALE LOWLAND STAKES (G2)Time: 5:39 | Distance: 2100m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jennifer Eccles F: 32131B(8) W(56.5)WonDividends : $1.60 $1.10It's only a two-race winner but it's an impressive type. Very good win last start and it deserves to be the odds-on favourite.Main Danger3 Showbeel F: 13812B(7) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Booming win two back and it lost no admirers when running second last start. Capable of turning the tables on the favourite.Next Best2 Loire F: 30123B(2) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )PlacedDividend : $1.40Group 1 winner that should always be respected. Rising up in distance should help its chances. Worth including.Include in Multis6 Unlaced F: 2211B(1) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Lowry/Cullen )Faces a massive rise in class but it gets the inside draw and winning form can't be ignored. Chance.Longer Odds4 Nothing Compares F: 14822B(4) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Autridge )Knocking on the door of a big win. Value runner.
RemarksThe race they've all come to watch
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.60Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 2 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 1.50Quinella 1:2 $ 3.30Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 8.90First4 1:2:3:6 $ 31.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - FAREWELL BUTCH & TESS 1200Time: 6:15 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Exaltation F: 1XB(8) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.20Looked the goods when winning last year. Has been spelled and it could come back with a bang. Follow a market lead.Main Danger1 Not Usual Litening F: 31623B(4) W(59)Running consistent races. Has to carry a big weight but that shouldn't worry it over the 1200m. Goes close.Next Best8 Glorious Ocean F: 50X93B(2) W(56)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.50Much-improved run for third last start. That should get the confidence levels back up and we're expecting a tidy effort.Include in Multis4 Cinzento F: 61850B(6) W(56.5)Has raced well against some strong types in the past. This is no different but it brings in each-way claims.Longer Odds6 Keltic Rockstar F: 697X1B(5) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- J J Rayner )Last-start winner with upside.
RemarksQuality race to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.10Place1 5 $ 1.20Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 2 $ 3.30Quinella 5:8 $ 4.80Trifecta 5:8:2 $ 57.30First4 5:8:2:9 $ 700.40Double 1+/5+ $ 4.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%