Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - BAY FORD NZ PUNTER OF THE YEARTime: 12:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Beauty Star F: 41612B(9) W(58)WonDividends : $3.40 $1.60Gets back in the run but there looks to be good pace up front. Will be hitting the line strongly and this distance suits nicely.Main Danger2 Soleseifei F: 53X93B(11) W(58.5)( J- Johnathan Parkes )( T- Jaimee-Lee Lupton )Indicated that a win won't be too far away when third last start. Only going to improve with more racing and there's good betting support.Next Best10 Casino El Jay F: 3X091B(4) W(55.5)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Mike Breslin )PlacedDividend : $2.90Got back to winning form last time out and it could kick on with it now. Drawn well and carries a good weight of 55.5kg.Include in Multis1 Sweet Treat F: 12562B(8) W(59.5)Continues to battle away and it could ride the speed and give a good kick . Just needs some early luck from a wide draw, but should get it.Longer Odds3 Centre Attention F: X364LB(3) W(58.5)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Gerald Innes )Nothing went right last start but stick with it.
RemarksGood way to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.40Place1 6 $ 1.60Place2 10 $ 2.90Place3 4 $ 3.50Quinella 6:10 $ 14.90Trifecta 6:10:4 $ 194.90First4 6:10:4:2 $ 568.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 6, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - MARDIGRAS EVENTS 1200Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Santa Catarina F: 3113XB(5) W(58.5)Owns form against some quality opposition. Hit top gear last campaign and it usually starts well. Has been best-backed to win.Main Danger1 Cavallo Veloce F: 37X34B(3) W(59)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Hasn't quite lived up to expectations since winning first up in NZ. However, that was a good effort last start and it should go close.Next Best9 Mr Universe F: 3218XB(4) W(54)PlacedDividend : $2.30Another capable type which gets in nicely on the weights at 54kg. Tough to overlook that weight and it could fire in a fresh state.Include in Multis6 Vinnie's Volley F: 258X2B(1) W(54.5)Trained on the track and that's a bonus for this run. Always puts itself in the mix and this should be no different.Longer Odds5 Pop Star Princess F: 229X6B(9) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Fred Cornege )WonDividends : $15.90 $3.90Chance if it brings its best form.
RemarksPlenty of slick runners in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 15.90Place1 5 $ 3.90Place2 4 $ 2.10Place3 9 $ 2.30Quinella 4:5 $ 47.70Trifecta 5:4:9 $ 892.60First4 5:4:9:6 $ 5293.40Double 6+/5 $ 22.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TUMU ITM 1200Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Heart Of Stone F: 2X13XB(10) W(57)Looks a real nice type in the making. Didn't do much wrong in three starts to date and being trained on this track is ideal. Top pick.Main Danger4 Talenti F: 1XB(1) W(59)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Nothing wrong with its debut effort to score. Over the odds here and it could provide some punters good value.Next Best9 Pimms 'N' Pearls F: 6222XB(8) W(57.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ross McCarroll )PlacedDividend : $2.90Closed off its last campaign with three consecutive second placings. Gets 3kg off its back and that's going to help nicely.Include in Multis5 Masque F: 7348XB(11) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.70Mixes its form but is very talented when right. Just needs some luck from out wide and it could be in the thick of the finish.Longer Odds7 No Finer Pins F: 1080XB(2) W(58)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Karen Fursdon )Expect a better effort having had the break.
RemarksMany of these will rise through the grades
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 17.80Place1 8 $ 4.70Place2 9 $ 2.90Place3 5 $ 2.70Quinella 8:9 $ 82.00Trifecta 8:9:5 $ 1715.30First4 8:9:5:4 $ 11544.50Treble 6+/5/8 $ 2333.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HASTINGS-HEART OF HAWKE'S BAY 1400Time: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Lily d'Or F: 151B(12) W(57)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.50Looked the goods when winning last start and it should be able to kick on with it. Tough draw but it's a class act.Main Danger6 Swords Drawn F: 000X2B(2) W(57)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.30Made up good ground to run second last time out and that was a much better effort. Drawn well for this.Next Best8 Malik F: 2B(8) W(57)Did enough on debut when running second and it could mature into a really nice type. Punters are getting great odds.Include in Multis10 Sahalainn F: 2B(14) W(57)Tough draw from barrier 14 but it didn't lose any admirers when running second on debut. Another value runner.Longer Odds9 Overstayer F: 24B(9) W(57)( T- Thompson/Brown )Chance with slight improvement.
RemarksQuality field with nice odds on offer
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.00Place1 6 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 3.10Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 1:6 $ 15.90Trifecta 6:1:4 $ 60.70First4 6:1:4:15 $ 695.20Double 8/6+ $ 33.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 6, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SACRED FALLS HAWKE'S BAY GUINEAS (G2)Time: 2:48 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Catalyst F: 71X11B(7) W(56.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $1.30 $1.10That was some effort to win last time out at Ruakaka. Picked up beautifully and it's the one they all have to beat.Main Danger10 Riva Capri F: 210B(2) W(54.5)( J- Donavan Mansour )Capable of kicking back after a disapppointing run last time out. Gets in light and that could make all the difference.Next Best3 Exuberant F: 39X32B(3) W(56.5)Didn't do much wrong when running second behind Catalyst last start. Tough to overturn that result but stranger things have happened.Include in Multis2 Aotea Lad F: 227X4B(11) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.70Capable on its day and although drawn wide, it could find a nice position. Nice odds on offer which could attract punters.Longer Odds4 Callsign Mav F: 161B(10) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.50Two wins from three starts and deserves to be included.
RemarksCatalyst dominates the betting
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.30Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 4 $ 2.50Place3 2 $ 2.70Quinella 1:4 $ 6.20Trifecta 1:4:2 $ 40.60First4 1:4:2:10 $ 154.30Quaddie 5/8/6+/1+ $ 1456.90Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - STELLA ARTOIS MILETime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Motivation F: 6X324B(7) W(60)Wasn't all that far away when running fourth last time out. Carries a big weight but it should be tough to beat.Main Danger5 Germanicus F: 33X14B(5) W(59)( T- Danica Guy )PlacedDividend : $1.40Could put that last run down to second-up syndrome. Much better when winning fresh up and it could return to that form.Next Best12 Yamuna F: 22644B(1) W(56.5)( T- Jacob McKay )WonDividends : $5.90 $2.00Knocking on the door of a feature win and it could come here. Gets a soft run from the inside draw and we're confident it can run close.Include in Multis4 Zamax F: 6312B(10) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Good win two back and followed that up with another nice placing. Tough from the draw but right in this with some luck.Longer Odds11 Unacceptable F: 02361B(2) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )( T- John Bell )Chance to go back-to-back at odds.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.90Place1 12 $ 2.00Place2 5 $ 1.40Place3 4 $ 2.60Quinella 5:12 $ 10.10Trifecta 12:5:4 $ 139.20First4 12:5:4:6 $ 1444.20Double 1+/12 $ 6.80Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - DAN D'ESPOSITO MEMORIALTime: 4:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Tavis Court F: 21022B(11) W(59.5)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Anna Clement )PlacedDividend : $1.60Back-to-back placings coming into this. Drawn a touch wide but it has time to find cover and go well again.Main Danger2 Aim Smart F: 0X12XB(7) W(60)WonDividends : $5.50 $2.10Had only two runs last campaign but looked good in both. Gets the services of Bosson and that's going to help.Next Best1 Intrigue F: 2710XB(3) W(60.5)( J- Leith Innes )Went well enough in Australia to be a winning chance here. Has class at best and it could take this field with ease. Win chance.Include in Multis8 Prince Hareem F: 47734B(9) W(58)( J- Vinnie Colgan )Gets back in the run so does need some pace up front. Going well enough to take this out so consider.Longer Odds11 Harlem 'N' Co F: 3431XB(10) W(57.5)( T- Josh Shaw )Could surprise a few fresh up. Chance.
RemarksEach way all day type of field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.50Place1 2 $ 2.10Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 5 $ 3.90Quinella 2:3 $ 7.30Trifecta 2:3:5 $ 187.20First4 2:3:5:1 $ 910.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR7 (1) Intrigue(2) Aim Smart (3) Tavis CourtR8 (10) Melody BelleR9 (6) The Mitigator(9) Dawn Patrol (10) HangerR10 (7) Sir Nate(10) Hartley (11) StarrybeelQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - LIVAMOL CLASSIC (G1)Time: 4:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Melody Belle F: 1X411B(2) W(57)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $1.30 $1.10Last two wins have been great and the Triple Crown is hers for the taking. Owns the significant class edge over this field.Main Danger9 Vernanme F: 90X21B(11) W(57.5)Local runner which was too good for them last time out. Has upset potential and with the right run, it could push the fav close.Next Best2 Mongolian Marshal F: 27X33B(4) W(59)( J- Matthew Cameron )Has form against some nice types and it could be ready to fire now. Drawn well and punters are getting good each-way odds.Include in Multis3 Peso F: 0X541B(8) W(59)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Nelson/McDougal )PlacedDividend : $4.00Controlled the race nicely when scoring last time out. Nice odds on offer and it could add good value to multiples.Longer Odds12 Atlanta Peach F: 76716B(1) W(57)Capable of an upset off the inside draw. Chance.
RemarksAll eyes on Melody Belle
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 1.30Place1 10 $ 1.10Place2 3 $ 4.00Place3 7 $ 6.60Quinella 3:10 $ 11.90Trifecta 10:3:7 $ 253.50First4 10:3:7:1 $ 1672.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 9, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - RED BADGE SPRING SPRINT (G3)Time: 5:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Dawn Patrol F: 38X21B(7) W(55)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Frank Ritchie )Indicative Odds: $3.30Shows its class when winning last time out, despite a betting drift. Looks well-placed for this and its class could come through again.Main Danger10 Hanger F: 30122B(5) W(54.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- James/Wellwood )Indicative Odds: $4.80Has been tough for punters on occasion but the talent is there. This could be its coming out party and 54.5kg on the back is a bonus.Next Best6 The Mitigator F: 617X3B(1) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Peter McKay )Indicative Odds: $4.80Loves this track and this time of the year. Will look to go forward and that won't be hard off the inside draw. Big chance.Include in Multis5 True Enough F: 1123XB(4) W(57)Indicative Odds: $8.00Looked good last campaign when scoring back-to-back wins. Looks a good chance here and it should get every chance from the draw.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Magnum F: 773X3B(11) W(57.5)Indicative Odds: $11.00Always a chance so should be respected.
RemarksSome lovely types in this
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 10 - BOSTOCK NEW ZEALAND SPRING CARNIVAL FAREWELLTime: 5:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'10 Hartley F: X5371B(5) W(57.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Neil Connors )PlacedDividend : $1.70Showed a good sprint to score on this track last start. Capable of doing it again with a similar run. Top chance.Main Danger11 Starrybeel F: 003X5B(9) W(57.5)Has loads of potential and the pace of this race should play right into its hands. Tough to beat and punters are getting good odds.Next Best7 Sir Nate F: 60X03B(1) W(58.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Looks a good chance after running a nice race for third last start. Inside draw brings it right into contention.Include in Multis12 Awatane F: 74X59B(13) W(57)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Alby MacGregor )Mixing its form but has the talent to beat this field. Chance and it gets 1kg off its back to help.Longer Odds8 Artiste F: 1543XB(4) W(58)( J- Chelsea Burdan )PlacedDividend : $3.10Could fire up in a fresh state. Odds appeal.
RemarksHuge field in the final race of the carnival
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 1.70Place1 3 $ 4.40Place2 10 $ 1.70Place3 8 $ 3.10Place6 1+,2,4/4,5+,12/2,3+,5/3,7,10+/5,6,10/3,8,10 $ 18.00Quinella 3:10 $ 22.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's7, 8, 10, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%