Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CHILLCO MDNTime: 12:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Brian Boru F: 0522B(1) W(58.5)( T- Gavin Sharrock )WonDividends : $2.40 $1.40Has improved off every run so far. Good run in a strong race at Taranaki race last start this is easier and the best bet of the day.Main Danger3 Mr Jimmy Pocket F: 8X454B(2) W(58.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Trudy Keegan )All runs this prep have been good. First time over ground this prep and in this will run well.Next Best1 Country Bumpkin F: 54X52B(7) W(58.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )( T- Niall Quinn )PlacedDividend : $1.40Always races well. Good second last week and can improve from that.Include in Multis7 Reflection F: 78X65B(4) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ralph Manning )PlacedDividend : $1.90Best runs have been over ground and runs this prep have been improving.Longer Odds4 Master Black Jack F: 07576B(9) W(58.5)( T- Paul Pascoe )Changed stables and the runs of late have been good and can run a nice race here.
RemarksFirst race of the new season
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.40Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 7 $ 1.90Quinella 1:2 $ 3.50Trifecta 2:1:7 $ 22.50First4 2:1:7:4 $ 113.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LOWE SCHOLLUM JONES / FASTTRACK INSURANCE 2100Time: 12:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Yeah Right F: 75532B(9) W(58.5)( T- Gary Vile )Going good races. Just beaten last start very short in the market but looks a good chance of winning.Main Danger1 Classclown F: 8X22B(4) W(58.5)WonDividends : $2.40 $1.10Both seconds have been good enough in highweight races. Can go close here.Next Best3 Handsome Blue F: 0X927B(6) W(58.5)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Jo Rathbone )PlacedDividend : $1.70Good second two back when looking a chance to win. Jumped his next start back on the flat and should run well.Include in Multis7 In Dreamland F: 6X006B(3) W(56.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Elizabeth Rennie )Made good ground last week at Awapuni and the back up may help chances.Longer Odds9 Sienna Grace F: X0090B(5) W(56.5)( T- Darrell Hollinshead )PlacedDividend : $2.90Hasn't come up well this prep but meets a weak field and showed good form last prep
RemarksShort priced favourite looks hard to beat
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.40Place1 1 $ 1.10Place2 9 $ 2.90Place3 3 $ 1.70Quinella 1:9 $ 20.40Trifecta 1:9:3 $ 96.20First4 1:9:3:6 $ 461.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WEIR BUSES MDNTime: 1:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Minnie Mouse F: 3B(1) W(56.5)( T- Olivia Duffy )PlacedDividend : $1.40Good run on debut only beaten 3/4 lengths from Trendy Belt. Will take improvement from that and could go close. Was on the speed and from one gate I expect the same.Main Danger2 Trendy Belt F: 7X322B(7) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Kevin Gray )Racing in very good form. Soild seconds behind Beckidboo and Lily D'Or will go close hereNext Best3 Chosen Peak F: 49X32B(2) W(56.5)WonDividends : $3.20 $1.20Unlucky last start at Hastings for a just beaten second. Nice run fresh up. Will run well.Include in Multis4 Midnight Countess F: 99952B(8) W(56.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )( T- Harry Marsh )Better when second last start and another performance like that sees her in the finishLonger Odds9 Capital Gains F:B(5) W(56)( T- Bill Thurlow )Good at the latest trials for second and could run well on debut.
RemarksVery good competitive maiden field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.20Place1 3 $ 1.20Place2 5 $ 1.40Place3 8 $ 10.90Quinella 3:5 $ 8.30Trifecta 3:5:8 $ 380.60First4 3:5:8:2 $ 1943.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - HEATHER D YAXLEY MARTINEZ MDNTime: 1:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Retzena F: 9X3B(14) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $2.60Well supported fresh up and looks like he will improve from that. A bold run at good odds is expected and if he gets a good run from a wide gate will go close.Main Danger1 Rio Star F: 42362B(8) W(58.5)( T- Brendon McDermott )31 start maidener who was good for second last start. Can go close.Next Best6 One Way Street F: 53803B(6) W(56.5)( T- Ralph Manning )Must better for third last start. May like the track and can go close.Include in Multis5 Great North Road F: 0X503B(1) W(56.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Andrew Parkes )Good third last start from near the speed. Will be near the speed and can figure in the finish.Longer Odds13 Phyllthepower F: 8X87XB(12) W(56.5)( T- Chris Bothwell )Has shown ability and I expect you will see a bold run fresh up.
RemarksPretty keen on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 6.30Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 10 $ 5.50Place3 3 $ 2.60Quinella 7:10 $ 85.10Trifecta 7:10:3 $ 1460.10First4 7:10:3:2 $ 2767.00Double 3/7 $ 16.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - SANDFORD BROTHERS 1400Time: 2:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Tavis Court F: 2212B(13) W(59.5)( T- Anna Clement )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.50Has been faultless in all his starts. Wide draw but racing well and will go forward so the wide gate should not be an issue.Main Danger6 Beckidboo F: 5X215B(12) W(56.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )PlacedDividend : $2.50Won very well two starts back. Bit average when expected to go close but I think she can bounce back and go very close.Next Best1 Manolo F: X3125B(4) W(59.5)( T- Alexander Fieldes )PlacedDividend : $3.00Runs this prep very good. Made ground from wide last time and I expect him to go close at a nice price.Include in Multis5 Toro Rosso F: 0X020B(8) W(58)( T- Bob Baker )Good second two starts back. I think the ground was too good last start and back on heavy ground will suit.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Belle Tem F: X8249B(9) W(56)Form doesn't look great but has been good. Last start the Te Rapa kickback did not suit and the price is very nice.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.80Place1 2 $ 1.50Place2 6 $ 2.50Place3 1 $ 3.00Quinella 2:6 $ 9.60Trifecta 2:6:1 $ 73.00First4 2:6:1:10 $ 1315.00Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Manolo(2) Tavis Court (6) Beckidboo (9) Belle TemR6 (1) Double Act(5) Smooth CognacR7 (2) Happy Star(5) Ruffy Rahtwo (6) Foiling (7) Da Jin ShanR8 (1) Nitro Ted(2) Brassy Boy (3) Finding NemoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - ECOLAB MDNTime: 2:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Smooth Cognac F: 00742B(10) W(56.5)( T- Rosie Buchanan )PlacedDividend : $1.20Good second last start just beaten. Only a little mare but looks very well placed here.Main Danger1 Double Act F: X5692B(8) W(58.5)( T- Gary Vile )Nice effort last time at Hastings. This is no tougher and the heavy track will suit.Next Best4 She's Got The Look F: 068X2B(1) W(56.5)Good fresh up run for second. Could be in the finish again.Include in Multis6 Nod F: 03X04B(9) W(56.5)( T- Chris Bothwell )WonDividends : $7.80 $2.10Improvers effort last start and an another nice performance is expected.Longer Odds9 Tintero F: 90506B(4) W(56.5)( J- Joshua Kam )( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.80Has shown some form in the past. I thought she would of won a race by now but some of her best runs come on these track conditions.
RemarksHard leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 7.80Place1 6 $ 2.10Place2 5 $ 1.20Place3 9 $ 2.80Quinella 5:6 $ 7.80Trifecta 6:5:9 $ 171.80First4 6:5:9:1 $ 530.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TARANAKI STEELFORMERS 1600Time: 3:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Da Jin Shan F: 67X63B(4) W(54)( T- Gavin Sharrock )WonDividends : $4.90 $2.30Back on track conditions that suited and run a top third in a strong race. This is a tidy field but can go close on minimum and on a heavy track.Main Danger2 Happy Star F: 85511B(7) W(58.5)( T- Benner/Wynyard )PlacedDividend : $2.10Won both starts very impressively on heavy tracks this maybe a touch better than recent runs but has to be high in selectionsNext Best5 Ruffy Rahtwo F: 0X432B(2) W(57)( T- Tina Egan )Improving off every start. Handles these track conditions and a win is not far awayInclude in Multis6 Foiling F: 08265B(6) W(55)Wasn't the worst of runs last start. Good efforts prior and Robbie did ride when she was second and could bring the best out of this mare.Longer Odds1 Call Doubt F: 79X49B(1) W(59)( J- Bridie Ansell )( T- Glennys Hayward )Good run fresh up disappointing in his next but can run a good race third up.
RemarksOne of the nicer fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.90Place1 7 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 2.10Quinella 2:7 $ 6.50Trifecta 7:2:5 $ 35.00First4 7:2:5:4 $ 177.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - NEXT MEETING SATURDAY OCTOBER 12TH 2100Time: 4:09 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Nitro Ted F: X8436B(9) W(59.5)( J- Hazel Schofer )( T- Paul Pascoe )WonDividends : $6.00 $2.20Been racing very well. Struggled at Taranaki but I expect him to bounce back and go well on his home track.Main Danger3 Finding Nemo F: 103B(5) W(58.5)( T- Hamish Auret )Won well fresh up. Failed his next but run home very strongly in a nice race at Taranaki. Chance to run well here.Next Best2 Brassy Boy F: 1X425B(1) W(59)Good effort for second two back. Struggled a touch next start but I expect him to improve.Include in Multis4 Ave Maria F: 16343B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $2.50Won a hurdle and next starts have been good running home. Even had a run down south. Will be fit and will be running home strongly.Longer Odds6 He's Ric F: 35685B(11) W(57)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- Anna Clement )Racing well enough. Will be on the speed and will be very tough.
RemarksLast race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.00Place1 1 $ 2.20Place2 13 $ 13.90Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 1:13 $ 149.70Trifecta 1:13:4 $ 2678.90First4 1:13:4:3 $ 5641.00Double 7/1 $ 26.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%