Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MDNTime: 12:20 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Greyvee F: 3B(6) W(55.5)( T- K & G Opie )PlacedDividend : $1.50Very good on debut for third. Should handle the track and looks a top winning chance today.Main Danger3 Catalyst F: 7B(2) W(57.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Won a trial impressive and was outpaced on debut may appreciate the soft track.Next Best9 Pokuru Grace F:B(4) W(55.5)( T- Mark Brooks )Trial was good and I think she will run well on debut.Include in Multis2 Rhaegar F: 5XB(10) W(57.5)Trialled up ok and was fair on debut. Comes from a good stable so can run well today.Longer Odds12 Rockley Beach F:B(3) W(55.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Tony Pike )Trials have been good enough and Tony is expecting a bold debut.
RemarksGood 2 year old race to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.50Place1 3 $ 1.60Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 2.60Quinella 3:8 $ 6.00Trifecta 3:8:7 $ 69.70First4 3:8:7:11 $ 460.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 8, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - HIREPOOL MDN 1200Time: 12:56 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Tavi Mac F:B(11) W(58.5)WonDividends : $5.50 $2.00Won trial well running good time. Half to Darci MAC. Got Hazel Schofer making her debut and capable of making her first ride a winning one.Main Danger8 Tarabeebee F: 2B(9) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.80Won super on debut on firm ground and the rumour is she is even better with rain around. Capable of beaten our top pick.Next Best6 Spirit Of Galway F: 2323XB(3) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.20Showed plenty of ability last campaign running a place in 4 of her 5 starts. Never tried on Slow track but went nice trial.Include in Multis12 Special Lady F:B(12) W(56.5)( T- Cody Cole )Recent trial was good. Grey horse should handle track and looks a good each way hopeLonger Odds7 Detonate F: 69X23B(8) W(56.5)( T- Harry Marsh )Going good races. Seems to prefer good tracks but fit and may handle it today.
RemarksHard race with plenty of trial form
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.50Place1 3 $ 2.00Place2 8 $ 2.80Place3 6 $ 1.20Quinella 3:8 $ 25.00Trifecta 3:8:6 $ 113.70First4 3:8:6:2 $ 701.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 6, 7, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - THE KIWI BUTCHER 1200Time: 1:33 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Socially Excited F: 2758XB(7) W(58.5)Showed ability at 3. Hasn’t raced since last winter but Trialled up very well looks like one of the leading chances.Main Danger4 Secret Squirrel F: 41X22B(8) W(59.5)( T- Bryce Revell )WonDividends : $6.40 $2.00Consistent galloper who been going very well this campaign a win is not far away and could be today.Next Best5 Tutta La Classe F: 2333XB(10) W(59)This is a very good filly. Will appreciate the apprentice claim of first day rider Hazel Schofer. Trials have been fair but done enough work to run well here.Include in Multis8 Beltoy F: D216XB(13) W(57)( T- Kylie Little )PlacedDividend : $3.10Only the 1 win which she won by 6 in a strong race. Got disqualified when winning by 11 both wins come here and won a trial well enough recently.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'10 Miss Lizzie F: 49X63B(9) W(57)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Anna Clement )PlacedDividend : $3.80Consistent with a good third at Wellington last start a good place bet here.
RemarksOpen field of sprinters
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.40Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 8 $ 3.10Place3 10 $ 3.80Quinella 4:8 $ 38.10Trifecta 4:8:10 $ 652.00First4 4:8:10:9 $ 2656.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - LANDMARK HOMES OPENTime: 2:07 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Comeback F: 32111B(2) W(56.5)( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $2.60 $1.40Won his last 3. Should like the track and a big chance to make it 4.Main Danger3 Art Deco F: 2364XB(4) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.30Won this race last year with Billy Pinn on board. Hazel takes the 4 kgs off and has three good trials to prepare.Next Best2 Rosewood F: 1170XB(9) W(59.5)( T- Marilyn Paewai )Winner of 9. She looked good at the trials. She will love the track but has a lot of weight to carry and may find this short of her best.Include in Multis1 Taurus F: 3270XB(5) W(60)( T- J J Rayner )The grand campaigner is back for another campaign. Trialled well and expecting a bold fresh up run.Longer Odds4 Salamanca F: 5550XB(8) W(57)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Mike Breslin )10 race winner resuming - has won on course and fresh up in the past
RemarksVery good field of open class winter gallopers.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.60Place1 5 $ 1.40Place2 3 $ 1.30Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 3:5 $ 4.50Trifecta 5:3:7 $ 31.30First4 5:3:7:8 $ 191.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - EVENTS TARANAKI MDN 1600Time: 2:44 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Rip Em Up F: 60X44B(2) W(56.5)( J- Timothy Johnson )( T- Stephen Marsh )Very good filly. Been racing well enough this campaign. Should like the track. Looks a top chance to finally break maidensMain Danger2 Super Hoof F: 2XB(1) W(58.5)( T- Glenn Old )Went huge on debut who was beaten by Prince Jabeel. Trialled up well and expect a bold performance.Next Best14 Wine n' Dine F: 4B(4) W(56.5)( T- John Wheeler )Green on debut should improve and off her breeding should be able to handle wet ground.Include in Multis1 Wild Like F: 86243B(3) W(58.5)( T- Tony Pike )Been going well enough and off his last start on wet ground should run well.Longer Odds13 Aratoka F: 25X06B(5) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $6.90Showed ability. Went ok last start but will like the Slow track.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 6.80Place1 8 $ 2.10Place2 13 $ 6.90Place3 4 $ 2.40Quinella 8:13 $ 160.10Trifecta 8:13:4 $ 1955.20First4 8:13:4:1 $ 3249.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (9) Rip Em UpR6 (12) RippinR7 (1) Overtheriver(2) Scapolo (5) Hunta Pence (6) Cutting Up RoughR8 (1) Collinstreet(5) Grinner (12) TuigirlQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 9, 13, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - DENIS WHEELER EARTHMOVING 16Time: 3:19 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick12 Rippin F: X11X6B(5) W(55.5)Won both starts last campaign on wet ground. Went well fresh up and think she will be hard to beat.Main Danger8 Spondulix F: 301X0B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $3.30Has won on heavy and his trial on heavy shows he will be competitive in this.Next Best4 Hundyamonth F: 73X71B(8) W(58.5)( T- J J Rayner )Won well at big odds last start will handle the track and can make it back to back.Include in Multis14 Lady Style F: 410X8B(11) W(55)( J- Robert Hannam )Went fair on debut went well last season and the stable confidence is high to respect.Longer Odds10 Razors Edge F: 248X0B(1) W(56.5)( T- Chris Bothwell )Had a run this campaign and was consistent last campaign the value here.
RemarksVery keen on my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.80Place1 6 $ 1.80Place2 8 $ 3.30Place3 11 $ 4.00Quinella 6:8 $ 28.20Trifecta 6:8:11 $ 414.80First4 6:8:11:2 $ 7096.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 8, 10, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - ENERGY CITY FORD OPENTime: 3:59 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Overtheriver F: 16265B(7) W(61.5)( T- Kevin Myers )WonDividends : $8.90 $4.70Won this race last year. Probably in better form but looks a good chanceMain Danger2 Scapolo F: 40573B(1) W(59.5)( J- Sam O'Malley )( T- Kevin Myers )Good in a fresh state at Waterlea. Will love the track but could find the distance a touch too far can’t discount.Next Best6 Cutting Up Rough F: 55353B(2) W(54)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ralph Manning )Racing in career best form. Good in Anzac Mile. Not sure what he will be like on ground.Include in Multis5 Hunta Pence F: 11749B(4) W(55)( J- Danielle Hirini )( T- Patrick Campbell )Racing well enough. Question mark on the ground but a horse you must put in.Longer Odds7 Valante F: 64255B(5) W(54)( T- Graeme Lord )PlacedDividend : $3.00Racing well and will love the track
RemarksFeature race of the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 8.90Place1 1 $ 4.70Place2 7 $ 3.00Quinella 1:7 $ 28.70Trifecta 1:7:2 $ 295.30First4 1:7:2:4 $ 1339.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SEATON PARK 1800Time: 4:39 | Distance: 1800m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Collinstreet F: 52562B(5) W(59.5)WonDividends : $2.30 $1.20Been racing very consistently. His form would suggest he may struggle on ground but did win Jumpouts early on wet ground.Main Danger12 Tuigirl F: 45X61B(1) W(57)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Won very impressively two weeks ago. Got ability and the stable brings her a long way so they are expecting a huge runNext Best5 Grinner F: 365X4B(11) W(58.5)( T- John Wheeler )Went huge fresh up. Will like the 1800 and a chance to run well today at good value.Include in Multis7 Trumpet F: 22610B(9) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Won well two back and caught wide in Avondale Guineas. Freshened and a chance today.Longer Odds14 Replica F: 1340XB(7) W(56)( J- Sam O'Malley )( T- Jaimee-Lee Lupton )Fresh up from a new stable - has trialed to get ready.
RemarksHard way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.30Place1 1 $ 1.20Place2 10 $ 7.60Place3 15 $ 14.90Quinella 1:10 $ 43.00Trifecta 1:10:15 $ 1736.70First4 1:10:15:2 $ 4792.90Double 1/1+ $ 23.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 7, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%