Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE 1800Time: 12:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 My Gift F: 86011B(1) W(59.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- John Mason )Destroyed his rivals in his last two. Dropping back in distance won't be a concern. Looks a good chance to go three in a row.Main Danger6 Obsessive F: 1X231B(2) W(55.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.70An exciting horse who has been great since returning to injury comes in well at the weights looks the only danger.Next Best4 Divine Duke F: 146X3B(5) W(56.5)( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )Top run fresh up. A stayer who I think will go through the grades this year. Pretty fit and should run well.Include in Multis7 Ophelia Lee F: 94882B(7) W(54)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- D & E Haworth )Blinkers go on after a good run at Awapuni and the increase in distance will help.Longer Odds1 Athena Baby F: 36X83B(6) W(60)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- John Bell )PlacedDividend : $4.20Improvers run last start. Did hold his form very well when in form last prep.
RemarksFirst race of the day and a very interesting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 2.10Place1 6 $ 1.70Place2 1 $ 4.20Quinella 1:6 $ 14.80Trifecta 6:1:7 $ 124.20First4 6:1:7:4 $ 584.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - THE DEVON HOTEL AND MARBLES RESTAURANT 2000Time: 12:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Indigenous Union F: 11X86B(9) W(59.5)Both runs this campaign have been good. Had two good wins last year. I thought his sixth last start proved a win is not far away.Main Danger6 Hi I'm Nikkita F: X1162B(8) W(56)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Gary McBeth )PlacedDividend : $1.60Racing in terrific form. Two good wins when returning to the races. Nothing went right at Te Rapa for sixth and was very good for second at Tauranga beaten by My GiftNext Best7 Beached As Bro F: 50522B(4) W(56)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Stephen Marsh )Been racing better his last two. Will be on the pace and only caught late in both. Chance to go close here.Include in Multis4 Charlie Horse F: 83561B(1) W(58)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Stacey Dougan )WonDividends : $6.90 $2.30Has ran some nice races prior to his win. Last season he was in great form and could gain some confidence from this win and hold his formLonger Odds9 Dr Hank F: X7335B(5) W(55)( T- Peter Hollinshead )Good third three back on a strong race. His next two were good and looks the value of the race.
RemarksAnother nice race on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.90Place1 4 $ 2.30Place2 1 $ 5.80Place3 6 $ 1.60Quinella 1:4 $ 63.80Trifecta 4:1:6 $ 441.60First4 4:1:6:3 $ 5336.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - SANDFORDS RURAL CARRIERS SC MAIDEN 1400Time: 1:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Tarabeebee F: 22819B(7) W(56)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Ian Adams )Won well beating Beckidboo. Went a good race at Waverley without much luck. Can go close with Magic Man on board.Main Danger9 Beckidboo F: X5X21B(5) W(56)Very good win last start will be fitter for that and got the claim, home track and Allan Sharrock trains. All three big ticks.Next Best12 Bae Corp F: 64322B(3) W(55)( J- Bridie Ansell )( T- Ilone Kelly )PlacedDividend : $2.40Gets in very good at the weights. Just beaten last start good second prior and could be a good chance with no weight on her back.Include in Multis1 Cheeky Azz F: 251B(9) W(58)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Anna Clement )Runs before win were very good. Easy winner by 8 lengths and will love the groundLonger Odds2 Our Shaman F: 31B(6) W(58)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- M, M & M Rogers )Travelled well last start and won accordingly. Can run well in this race again.
RemarksAnother very competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 8.80Place1 8 $ 2.70Place2 12 $ 2.40Place3 10 $ 2.70Quinella 8:12 $ 29.90Trifecta 8:12:10 $ 448.20First4 8:12:10:7 $ 6694.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - SEATON PARK 3YO 1400Time: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'8 Penelope Cruise F: 014B(8) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.90Allan has a lot of time for this filly. Good win at Otaki. Dead set unlucky over 1200 at Waverley will like the increase in distance and looks the one to beat.Main Danger7 Akerra F: 12B(6) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Very good winning on debut. Backed that up with a good second at Awapuni. We know she will handle the track. Another Allan holds in high regard.Next Best5 Annie Okay F: X0912B(4) W(56.5)( J- Lynsey Satherley )( T- S & E Clotworthy )Very good winner at huge odds two back next start was very good in a strong field. This is tough but she will account herself well.Include in Multis4 Red Forest F: X0131B(3) W(57.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Marilyn Paewai )Racing in great form. Won well in the 72 grade last time beating a nice field. A filly who should hold her own in this race.Longer Odds1 Bobby Dazzler F: 590X5B(1) W(58.5)( J- Danielle Johnson )( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $9.20 $2.50Pretty well supported fresh up after a good trial. Will be fitter and surprised he is at double figure odds.
RemarksVery good three year old race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 9.20Place1 1 $ 2.50Place2 7 $ 1.40Place3 8 $ 1.90Quinella 1:7 $ 15.00Trifecta 1:7:8 $ 133.30First4 1:7:8:4 $ 652.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - REVITAL FERTILISERS 1400Time: 2:35 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Mars Bars F: 4X252B(2) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.80Racing very consistently. Good second behind Helena Baby last time. She is fit and got the claim of Ashvin on.Main Danger10 Manhattan Flame F: X3822B(3) W(55)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Shane Crawford )Racing in great form this time in. Good seconds in this grade at Te Aroha and also Awapuni. Looks a good chance today.Next Best1 London Express F: 0X123B(6) W(60)Stakes winning filly with apprentice claim. Been good in all three starts. Looks to want more distance gets it today and looks a good chanceInclude in Multis5 Rock Island Line F: 6X954B(5) W(58)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Lisa Latta )WonDividends : $11.20 $2.90Very good run at Hastings. Should handle the track and will be fit now fourth up.Longer Odds9 Play The Field F: X6113B(8) W(55.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Suzy Gordon )Won two in a row well. Very nice run at Wanganui for third. Looks a nice race for her to race well.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 11.20Place1 5 $ 2.90Place2 3 $ 1.80Place3 11 $ 5.20Quinella 3:5 $ 27.80Trifecta 5:3:11 $ 610.00First4 5:3:11:9 $ 7093.70
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) London Express(3) Mars Bars (10) Manhattan FlameR6 (3) New York Minute(4) Rosewood (8) Te Toro Pearl (9) Red Sierra (11) Helena BabyR7 (1) Come Sei(9) Aratoka (13) SeemaxR8 (1) Beau Jeu(2) Nitro Ted (7) Alvins Dream (8) Bojangles (10) FoilingQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - POWERWORX OPUNAKE CUP 1400Time: 3:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick11 Helena Baby F: 21111B(2) W(53)( J- Donavan Mansour )( T- John Bell )WonDividends : $2.20 $1.40One of the talk horses around NZ. John Bell said he is Group 1 quality. Handles heavy ground on the minimum. Looks a top chance but beatable.Main Danger8 Te Toro Pearl F: X2324B(8) W(53.5)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Jon Miller )Another who comes in well at the weights. Running top races behind Sleeping Beauty in WFA stakes races. Looks the main danger.Next Best3 New York Minute F: 09X63B(11) W(59)Not sure what happened at Trentham but very good at Tauranga. Carrying a big weight is a concern but she is tough. Last years winnerInclude in Multis9 Red Sierra F: X2271B(10) W(53)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- D & E Haworth )Good win last start at Otaki. Been very honest this season and with her weight she will be in the finish again.Longer Odds4 Rosewood F: X8219B(5) W(58.5)( T- Marilyn Paewai )PlacedDividend : $2.70Top win at Awapuni. I thought her run at Tauranga was good and Lisa knows this mare well.
RemarksThe feature race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 2.20Place1 11 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 2.70Place3 7 $ 3.80Quinella 4:11 $ 15.60Trifecta 11:4:7 $ 171.20First4 11:4:7:9 $ 744.40Double 5/11+ $ 42.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 8, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SINCLAIR ELECTRICAL & REFRIGERATION SC MDN 1800Time: 3:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Aratoka F: 62314B(2) W(56)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Ian Adams )Won easy here by 8 lengths. Very good from a wide run at Waverley last time and she will love the track.Main Danger1 Come Sei F: 1B(8) W(58)Won very well on debut when well backed. Comes into this with the claim and the increase in distance no worries. Looks a good chance.Next Best13 Seemax F: 43142B(11) W(56)( T- Michael Wallace )Very honest. Won a highweight here well. Been good her next two and the last start second was solid. Drops in weight from recent racing and been very well supported.Include in Multis6 Brian Boru F: 052B(9) W(57)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Gavin Sharrock )PlacedDividend : $4.10Very good last start being very wide the trip. Will like the track and 1800m looks ideal. Even though he is a maiden I wouldn't discount his chances.Longer Odds11 Escapologist F: 37X15B(7) W(56)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )( T- M, M & M Rogers )Won here fresh ok. Was an ok effort her next. Gets the claim and will be on speed.
RemarksAnother very competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 31.90Place1 8 $ 7.40Place2 6 $ 4.10Place3 3 $ 2.40Quinella 6:8 $ 154.40Trifecta 8:6:3 $ 2634.70First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 6, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - COASTAL AGRI SERVICES / DELAVAL 1800Time: 4:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick10 Foiling F: X0826B(3) W(58)Been racing very well last two. Good second at behind Miss Lizzie. Made good ground late in a strong race. Drop in grade and increase in distance suits. Hard to beatMain Danger1 Beau Jeu F: 5X434B(11) W(60)Been racing well. Good fourth last time with stable confidence and this track suits him and the stable confident again.Next Best8 Bojangles F: X4543B(2) W(58.5)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.80Been closing off his races well this time in. Tracks are ideal and the distance suits at this stage of his prep.Include in Multis7 Alvins Dream F: 00021B(12) W(59)( T- Mark Forbes )Much better his last two. Good solid win last start and been well supported since market open.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Nitro Ted F: 0X843B(5) W(60)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Paul Pascoe )Building well this prep. Good third last time and this race suits. Looks great value here.
RemarksLast of a good but tough day of racing
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 15.20Place1 11 $ 4.00Place2 5 $ 2.80Place3 8 $ 2.80Quinella 5:11 $ 87.20Trifecta 11:5:8 $ 1437.00First4 11:5:8:7 $ 6952.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%