Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - LEVIN TAB & SPORTS BAR MAIDEN 3YOTime: 12:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Fast Mover F: 7X632B(3) W(57.5)( T- Rudy Liefting )PlacedDividend : $1.20Deserving favourite because of his last two starts. Both runs have been good in stronger fields than this and looks a good chance to win the first.Main Danger3 Our Way F: 5B(6) W(57.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Geoff Haigh )Trial on firm ground was good. Debut was nice enough and looks one of the better chances here.Next Best2 Young Squire F: 30XB(7) W(57.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Mike Breslin )WonDividends : $5.30 $1.80Very good effort in his first start. Dissapointing next but spelled and forward enough to run a big race.Include in Multis4 Oceans Away F: 6B(5) W(57.5)( T- Lydia Pickford )Trialed well before debut effort. Wasn't bad and should run well in thisLonger Odds8 Sheezanicegirl F: X5706B(4) W(55.5)( T- Karen Buttimore )Likely leader who was been ok this prep. Looks the best of the rest.
RemarksFirst race of Ryder Stakes day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 5.30Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 1.20Place3 6 $ 4.00Quinella 1:2 $ 4.50Trifecta 2:1:6 $ 140.40First4 2:1:6:8 $ 827.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - COURTESY FORD HANDICAPTime: 1:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Deerfield F: 10721B(2) W(54)( T- Chrissy Bambry )Front runner who won well in a good race in May. Had a knock since but his trial win was very good. Should be hard to beat.Main Danger1 Art Deco F: X2232B(7) W(60)( J- Hazel Schofer )( T- Allan Sharrock )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.90Been very honest this prep. Very fit and will love the ground. Gets 3kg off with Hazel to ride.Next Best2 Taurus F: X7628B(6) W(59)( T- J J Rayner )PlacedDividend : $2.90Hasn't raced to his best this prep but his second two back in a similar race here shows he can race well in this.Include in Multis5 On Point F: 62416B(4) W(54.5)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- Lance Robinson )Raced at Ashburton on Tuesday with no luck. Doesn't mind heavy tracks and should race well.Longer Odds6 Perfect Harmonee F: 454X8B(3) W(54)( T- J J Rayner )Decent sprinter on his day. Needed resuming run and will fitter.
RemarksGood open class field with a speed machine in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.80Place1 1 $ 1.90Place2 2 $ 2.90Quinella 1:2 $ 7.90Trifecta 1:2:7 $ 51.40First4 1:2:7:3 $ 194.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MCMAHON LIVESTOCK HANDICAPTime: 1:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Atlanta Peach F: 14176B(5) W(54)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Lowry/Cullen )Trial was very good prior to a nice resuming run when held up at the wrong time. Won very easy on a Heavy track last prep. Looks a good chance.Main Danger4 Our Bandit F: X7526B(6) W(55.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Wayne Marshment )PlacedDividend : $4.00Built to a good second two back when just beaten here. Struggled in at Wellington last time but can improve.Next Best3 High Quality F: 0X034B(4) W(55.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )( T- Geoff Haigh )Good third two back and was good over ground at Awapuni for fourth. Can race well back in distance.Include in Multis7 Sea Star F: X0015B(7) W(54)( T- Rosie Hackett )Very good win on very testing ground two back. Good fifth last start and will race wellLonger Odds8 Rayas F: 74635B(1) W(54)( T- Shane Brown )Good run two back for third. Wasn't bad when sixth in a nice race and the run last start was fair but the ground was blamed. Can race well in this.
RemarksVery good race and one worth watching
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 12.90Place1 1 $ 3.80Place2 4 $ 4.00Quinella 1:4 $ 35.70Trifecta 1:4:3 $ 255.30First4 1:4:3:8 $ 1659.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE PUNTERS LOUNGE HANDICAPTime: 2:24 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'8 Where Are You F: 70X73B(10) W(55.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Was a good 7th fresh up and was good for third last time. Third up will be fit and loves the ground. Good each way chanceMain Danger6 Hurry Cane F: 3X322B(9) W(56)( T- Raymond Connors )PlacedDividend : $1.90Racing very well this prep over ground. Just beaten last time and Parkes will suit him today.Next Best5 Cape Du Jeu F: 09442B(3) W(56.5)( T- Gary Vile )WonDividends : $6.50 $2.10Another in good form. Loves heavy ground and 2100m. Robbie suits this mare and another who won't be far away.Include in Multis3 Qian Gua F: 25723B(1) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Jamie Richards )In good form even though beaten 10 lengths last start he ran well. Good second prior and can run a good race here with the 3kg off.Longer Odds9 So It Was F: 82185B(6) W(55)( T- Gene Andrew )PlacedDividend : $3.00Good win three back and the run last start was good. Looks the value runner here.
RemarksGood staying race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 6.50Place1 5 $ 2.10Place2 6 $ 1.90Place3 9 $ 3.00Quinella 5:6 $ 19.50Trifecta 5:6:9 $ 392.40First4 5:6:9:8 $ 1486.30Treble 1/1/5 $ 113.30Quaddie 2/1/1/5 $ 928.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (6) Hurry Cane(8) Where Are YouR5 (8) London BoundR6 (2) Skarloey(4) Booty LaraR7 (1) Lord Turbo(3) Kirkland (4) Roschana (8) My Zed (10) EstefaniaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - COURTESY FORD RYDER STAKESTime: 2:59 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 London Bound F: 1B(1) W(54.5)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )Easy winner on debut beating Flaunting and Sai Fah by 7 lengths. If she handles the testing ground today will be very hard to beat.Main Danger7 Flaunting F: 10X12B(11) W(54.5)( T- David Greene )PlacedDividend : $2.00Good winner in the Castletown. Didn't seem to travel but made good ground at Te Rapa. Will like the Heavy track and will be fitter for last start.Next Best2 Jager Bombed F: 4X132B(3) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )( T- Tony Pike )PlacedDividend : $2.50Even if he was a short priced favourite beaten last start he stuck on well. Good winner fresh up and his effort on a testing track at Wanganui in the Castletown was very good. Each way chance.Include in Multis3 Blue Rata Eligius F: 1B(5) W(56.5)( T- Trudy Keegan )Easy winner on debut at Waverley. Will handle he track and another top effort will be expected.Longer Odds10 Kellys Inspiration F: 2B(2) W(54.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Very good second at Awapuni last start. Will handle the track and will take improvement from that very good debut effort.
RemarksFeature race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 5.20Place1 1 $ 1.90Place2 7 $ 2.00Place3 2 $ 2.50Quinella 1:7 $ 17.80Trifecta 1:7:2 $ 177.60First4 1:7:2:3 $ 1676.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 7, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - FASTTRACK INSURANCE HANDICAPTime: 3:34 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Skarloey F: 3X011B(1) W(60)( T- Colin Cromarty )Good winning at Wanganui by 13 lengths. Then won again on a Slow 7 at Hastings. He is racing well and handles these tracks will take some beatingMain Danger4 Booty Lara F: 21141B(2) W(58)( J- Bridie Ansell )( T- Ilone Kelly )PlacedDividend : $1.50Hasn't put a bad performance this prep winning 3 out of 4. Good ride by Bridie last time and gets 4kg off. She is honest and will be competitiveNext Best5 Technician F: 8X453B(4) W(57.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Nicola Marshall )Good run on testing ground at Wellington making good ground late. Now peaking and another who will run well.Include in Multis6 Mohaka F: X172XB(9) W(56)( T- Lowry/Cullen )PlacedDividend : $2.00Fresh up after a stakes placing last prep. Winner here on heavy ground over 1200m in a fresh state. Trial was fair but had a jumpout since very good winning. Expecting a bold performance today.Longer Odds9 Play The Field F: 61134B(8) W(55.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Suzy Gordon )This mare is another who has failed to put in a bad performance. Good when winning two in a row. Good third two back and the fourth was good. The odds runner
RemarksAnother good race with my top pick an exciting horse to follow
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 27.80Place1 10 $ 5.30Place2 6 $ 2.00Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 6:10 $ 70.70Trifecta 10:6:4 $ 954.20First4 10:6:4:1 $ 6271.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - OTAKI CHRISTMAS AT THE RACES 29/11 & 20/12 HCPTime: 4:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 My Zed F: 214X5B(14) W(57)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Wayne Marshment )Was very honest last campaign. Good run on testing ground fresh up will be fitter good each way bet.Main Danger4 Roschana F: 69X13B(1) W(57.5)( T- Chris Bothwell )Both runs this prep have been good. Been well spaced between runs but has worked so far this prep and performed well at this track.Next Best3 Kirkland F: X0X23B(4) W(58)( J- Mereana Hudson )( T- Alexander Fieldes )This horse is racing well with two very good efforts last two starts. Looks a good chance in the last and the claim will help.Include in Multis10 Estefania F: X0624B(7) W(56)( J- Jordan Bassett )( T- Richard McKenzie )WonDividends : $10.60 $3.40Last two starts have been good improvers runs. Good run on testing ground for second and fourth last start in a tough race. Dropping back in grade and also looks a good bet.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Lord Turbo F: 0X675B(8) W(60)( T- Chrissy Bambry )PlacedDividend : $3.70Been running well enough this prep and last start better than it looks. Good value bet here.
RemarksTough race to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 10.60Place1 10 $ 3.40Place2 7 $ 4.90Place3 1 $ 3.70Quinella 7:10 $ 84.60Trifecta 10:7:1 $ 2169.30First4 10:7:1:3 $ 11392.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%