Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 1:23 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Sidebar F: 90X2B(2) W(57.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Susan Rainford )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.50Much better run when second fresh up and it could kick on with it now. Draws well and has an in-form jockey riding. Chance.Main Danger2 Sorry I'm Late F: 04254B(5) W(57.5)( T- Colin Gibson )A touch too short in the betting but it owns obvious winning claims. Likely to sit in a handy position and kick strongly.Next Best6 Cusack F:B(6) W(57)( T- Kevin Gray )Not a hard race to kick its career off. Not a bad trial coming in and it could add some value.Include in Multis5 Royal Grace F: 0B(1) W(57.5)( T- Raymond Connors )Backed on debut but didn't run up to expectations. Draws the rail and gets weight off its back. Chance on that.Longer Odds3 Miss Wrigley F: 567B(4) W(57.5)( T- Thompson/Brown )PlacedDividend : $3.70Chris Johnson rides and that boosts its chances. Include at odds.
RemarksSmall fields often produce interesting results
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.90Place1 1 $ 1.50Place2 3 $ 3.70Quinella 1:3 $ 16.80Trifecta 1:3:2 $ 45.30First4 1:3:2:4 $ 212.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - OTAKI MAIL MAIDENTime: 1:58 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Cage Phyta F: 53B(10) W(58.5)( T- Fraser Auret )PlacedDividend : $1.40Didn't get much luck last start but stuck on gamely. Draws wide here but it looks to have good ability. It has been best-backed to score.Main Danger4 One Of The Best F: 96X63B(6) W(58.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Janelle Millar )WonDividends : $6.00 $1.90Produced its best effort when third last start. It's heading in the right direction and it could take a forward spot and kick.Next Best2 Ammons F: 872B(1) W(58.5)( T- Geoff Haigh )Gets the rail draw and is coming off a much-improved second placing. 2kg comes off the back and it should go close. Generous odds.Include in Multis11 Kiwi Princess F: 76349B(2) W(56.5)( T- Kevin Gray )Mixing its form but Allpress rides and that's a good thing. Drawn well and it could finally cross the line first. Wouldn't leave out.Longer Odds10 Our Matriarch F: 273X9B(3) W(56.5)( J- Temyia Taiaroa )( T- John Wheeler )Better with the run under its belt.
RemarksA big field with plenty of value throughout
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.00Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 5.20Place3 3 $ 1.40Quinella 1:4 $ 79.30Trifecta 4:1:3 $ 494.20First4 4:1:3:13 $ 4018.00Double 1/4 $ 16.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - EL CHEAPO CARS MAIDENTime: 2:33 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Jaxx Be Nimble F: 22B(2) W(55.5)Looks tough to beat after two good second placings to start its career. Draws well and it will take a power of beating.Main Danger1 Magness F: 5X262B(3) W(57.5)( T- Nicola Marshall )PlacedDividend : $1.80Twice-placed this campaign and a win wouldn't surprise. It should be fighting out the finish with the favourite.Next Best4 Carlingford Bay F: 25B(1) W(55.5)( T- Mark Oulaghan )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.90Nice run for second on debut. Battled last start but that came behind a nice field. Draws the rail and it throws its hat into the ring.Include in Multis7 Kokomo F:B(5) W(55.5)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Sam Lennox )Bred to show early pace and it looked solid at the trials. Good enough to run well on debut at value odds.Longer Odds5 Silent Approach F: X5934B(4) W(55.5)( T- Gary Vile )Has a win coming soon. It could come here at double-figure odds.
RemarksA small but competitive maiden
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.20Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 1 $ 1.80Quinella 1:4 $ 6.60Trifecta 4:1:7 $ 68.50First4 4:1:7:3 $ 138.70Treble 1/4/4 $ 107.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (1) Magness(3) Jaxx Be NimbleR4 (2) Rely On Me(5) Southroad (7) Swiss AvenueR5 (1) Hocico Blanco(2) Outthegate (5) Crowning StarR6 (2) Rio Star(6) Posh Porotene (8) RukitaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - VETS ON RIVERBANK MAIDENTime: 3:08 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Swiss Avenue F: 74B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Has had the benefit of two race day starts and it was good when fourth last start. This stable usually has success at these meetings.Main Danger2 Rely On Me F: X47X4B(7) W(58.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Raymond Connors )The rise in distance should suit and it has been met with good tote support. Should be able to break through soon.Next Best5 Southroad F:B(5) W(58)( J- Dylan Turner )PlacedDividend : $3.20Probably looking for a mile or longer, but it could show some cheek on debut. There has been backing so consider.Include in Multis6 Authentic Charm F: 66X44B(2) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Lisa Latta )Has the fitness under its belt after two fourths. Likely to drift back from the inside draw and find the line nicely.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Sonority F: 70X68B(1) W(56)( T- Stephen McKee )Better than what it has been showing. Capable.
RemarksA very even betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.90Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 7 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 3.20Quinella 3:7 $ 10.00Trifecta 3:7:5 $ 158.90First4 3:7:5:2 $ 324.70Double 4/3 $ 16.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - CAVALLO FARM & CHRIS RUTTEN BLOODSTOCK HANDICAPTime: 3:43 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'5 Crowning Star F: D361B(1) W(57.5)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Scored a deserved win last start and it could kick on with it now. Gets the inside draw and every chance of winning. Top pick.Main Danger2 Outthegate F: 9X257B(4) W(59)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Suzy Gordon )PlacedDividend : $1.90Mixing its form this season but it has good ability on its day. It could be its time to shine and punters are getting solid each-way odds.Next Best1 Hocico Blanco F: 53450B(2) W(59)( J- Rosie Myers )( T- Mark Goodwin )Needs to turn around a poor effort last start but the drop back in distance helps. Could run well at odds.Include in Multis4 Sardeen F: X06X3B(5) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Wayne Marshment )WonDividends : $5.70 $2.40Good enough to cause them some worry in this race. Drawn well and it's coming off a handy run for third at Wanganui. Chance.Longer Odds8 Rekohu Diva F: X8727B(6) W(55)( T- Thompson/Brown )Chance if it gets the breaks.
RemarksPunters are getting good odds throughout the race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.70Place1 4 $ 2.40Place2 2 $ 1.90Quinella 2:4 $ 11.50Trifecta 4:2:5 $ 51.70First4 4:2:5:3 $ 337.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - RIVERSTONE CAFE HANDICAPTime: 4:18 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Posh Porotene F: X2144B(2) W(57)( T- Fraser Auret )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.90Impressive win three back and it hasn't been far away in two runs since. Drawn well in barrier two and it should be tough to beat.Main Danger8 Rukita F: 72183B(13) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Roydon Bergerson )It hasn't been getting all favours in the run over its last couple of starts. Needs luck from the draw but its luck could change.Next Best2 Rio Star F: 23146B(8) W(58.5)( T- Brendon McDermott )Scored an overdue win three back and it could cope with this class now. Likely to sit off the pace and come with a searching run.Include in Multis11 Bella Nero F: X0602B(6) W(55)( J- Sarah Macnab )( T- Suzy Gordon )PlacedDividend : $3.50Returned to form when second last start. A repeat of that effort could see it running in the money.Longer Odds7 Leighs Mate F: 05220B(11) W(57)( T- Andre Wallace )Owns bounce back claims.
RemarksA great field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 4.20Place1 6 $ 1.90Place2 11 $ 3.50Place3 9 $ 5.40Quinella 6:11 $ 35.00Trifecta 6:11:9 $ 824.70First4 6:11:9:8 $ 5210.60Double 4/6+ $ 23.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 6, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%