Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - VETS ON RIVERBANK MAIDENTime: 1:08 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 The Grinder F:B(3) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50On debut and it's a nicely-bred type. There is good betting support and that's a good sign. Should prove tough to beat.Main Danger1 Outa Cash F: 3X302B(1) W(58.5)Fought nicely when second last start after looking the winner. Knocking on the door and the inside draw is ideal. Goes close.Next Best5 Horlistic F: 3B(2) W(56.5)( T- Ilone Kelly )WonDividends : $4.80 $1.90Did enough when third on debut. Gets some weight relief for this run and a win wouldn't surprise.Include in Multis6 Polizzi F: 5X67XB(5) W(56.5)( J- Jordan Bassett )( T- Kate Hercock )A touch disappointing to date but dropping right down in weight should see improvement. Punters are getting nice odds.Longer Odds3 Aleapoffaith F:B(6) W(58.5)( T- R W King )Could show up on debut. Chance.
RemarksA few of these look likely to break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.80Place1 5 $ 1.90Place2 4 $ 1.50Quinella 4:5 $ 3.60Trifecta 5:4:2 $ 145.70First4 5:4:2:1 $ 219.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - OTAKI MAIL MAIDENTime: 1:43 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Tavattack F:B(5) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )WonDividends : $3.20 $2.30Will enjoy these conditions for its debut run. Has the breeding to suggest that it won't take long to get off the mark. Watch for late betting moves.Main Danger3 Martina Rose F: 3B(7) W(55.5)Hit the line nicely enough on debut to warrant attention. Should be fitter for the run and be right around the mark. Must include.Next Best4 Flickering Shadow F: 8X754B(3) W(55.5)PlacedDividend : $2.00Improving steadily this season. Handy fourth last start and we're expecting that form to stack up nicely. Include for value.Include in Multis1 Sola Power F: 5B(2) W(57.5)Did enough when fifth on debut to suggest that it could win here. Should only improve with more racing under its belt.Longer Odds7 Silent Approach F: 9XB(6) W(55.5)Has been specked at odds. Consider on that.
RemarksSimilar to Race 1 - many of these will win soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.20Place1 2 $ 2.30Place2 4 $ 2.00Quinella 2:4 $ 6.80Trifecta 2:4:1 $ 53.60First4 2:4:1:5 $ 172.00Double 5/2+ $ 14.60Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - AQUASHIELD ROOFINGTime: 2:18 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Alice Tinker F: 3B(5) W(55.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Ngaire Fraser )WonDividends : $1.80 $1.20Third on debut but could have easily won. Finished right behind them and it looks a nice type in the making.Main Danger3 Kentucky May F: 2XB(4) W(55.5)Hit the line nicely on debut before being spelled immediately. That's usually a good sign and it could come back a stronger type.Next Best9 Wicket Maiden F:B(3) W(55.5)( T- John Bary )Could perform better than the Black Caps. Strong money coming for it so expect a nice effort on debut.Include in Multis8 Vespa's Diva F:B(2) W(55.5)( T- Anne Herbert )Has solid trial form and it should enjoy a slight easing of the racing surface. Nice odds on offer.Longer Odds2 Just Ben F: 65B(9) W(57.5)Doesn't need to improve too much to win.
RemarksEven betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 1.80Place1 4 $ 1.20Place2 7 $ 3.90Quinella 4:7 $ 10.10Trifecta 4:7:8 $ 51.60First4 4:7:8:5 $ 117.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 2:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Chickaberinda F: 26X61B(1) W(57.5)Could kick on with it now that it has broken through for an overdue win. Talented at best and good enough to take this field.Main Danger1 Awesome Al F: 85383B(3) W(59)PlacedDividend : $2.70Has more ability than most in this field but needs to find winning form. Better run for third last start and the claim helps.Next Best3 Aridity F: 15561B(5) W(58.5)( T- Robbie Patterson )WonDividends : $5.00 $1.80Two wins already this season and although not suited by the weights, it could add another. Right in this.Include in Multis6 Lincoln Melody F: X195XB(6) W(57.5)( J- Jonathan Riddell )Kicked off its last campaign with a win. Could do the same again here and punters are getting great odds.Longer Odds7 Floral Belt F: 83188B(2) W(57)Scored well three back. Chance to return to that form.
RemarksSmall field but it should be a competitive race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.00Place1 3 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 2.70Quinella 1:3 $ 14.40Trifecta 3:1:4 $ 112.70First4 3:1:4:5 $ 239.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - RIVERSTONE CAFE MAIDENTime: 3:28 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Springsteen F: 5X542B(7) W(57)WonDividends : $2.90 $1.40Getting closer to a win after eight starts. Has a couple of nice placings, including last start. Looks set to win a race.Main Danger1 Scherzo F: 00X72B(9) W(58.5)Much better when second last time out. Could kick on with it now and punters are getting each-way odds. Chance.Next Best2 Smart Remark F: 24B(5) W(58.5)( T- Andrew Davies )PlacedDividend : $1.60Looked good when running second on debut. Only fair last start but it gets some weight relief and that could make the difference.Include in Multis9 Fire Dancer F: X5465B(3) W(56.5)Just behind the winners this season. The ability is there and it only needs some luck in running to go close.Longer Odds10 Kiwi Princess F: 384X7B(2) W(56.5)Punters should expect improvement.
RemarksSome progressive types lining up in this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.90Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 12 $ 7.80Place3 2 $ 1.60Quinella 7:12 $ 122.60Trifecta 7:12:2 $ 620.80First4 7:12:2:1 $ 2951.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) Scherzo(2) Smart Remark (7) SpringsteenR6 (1) Phelan Foxy(3) Massiff PrincessR7 (1) Ha'penny Bridge(3) Radio Active (11) RukitaR8 (3) Not Santa(5) Divine Wine (9) ShowpieceQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CAVALLO FARM & CHRIS RUTTEN BLOODSTOCKTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Massiff Princess F: 1B(4) W(57)Looked good winning on debut and although up in class, it looks to have a nice future. Drawn well and fair odds on offer.Main Danger1 Phelan Foxy F: 8X451B(6) W(59)( T- Dean Cunningham )Broke through for the maiden win last time out. Looks handy enough to go on with it and each-way odds are on offer.Next Best10 Vermont F: 0X848B(8) W(54.5)( T- Howie Mathews )Form doesn't read well but it drops down to 52.5kg and that can make all the difference. Wouldn't be overlooking its chances.Include in Multis9 Top Ofthe Straight F: X6868B(1) W(55)Drawn to get a good run throughout and it could improve significantly. Specked in the betting so include.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Chartwell F: 3X570B(5) W(56.5)WonDividends : $7.40 $2.30Could add some value at double-figure odds.
RemarksInteresting field with many different form lines
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 7.40Place1 6 $ 2.30Place2 2 $ 3.30Place3 7 $ 2.70Quinella 2:6 $ 30.20Trifecta 6:2:7 $ 420.70First4 6:2:7:8 $ 4814.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 6, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - SUNRANS SPA MAIDENTime: 4:38 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Ha'penny Bridge F: 4B(3) W(58.5)( T- Ashley Meadows )Hit the line nicely on debut when fourth. Should be better for the run and it's going to get a good chance from the draw. Chance.Main Danger3 Radio Active F:B(1) W(58.5)Has been well backed to win on debut. Gets every chance off the inside draw and it could pay to watch betting moves.Next Best11 Rukita F: 772B(9) W(55)( T- Roydon Bergerson )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.40Didn't do much at its first two starts but really picked up nicely when second last start. Just needs some luck from the draw.Include in Multis7 Lean Thy Arms F:B(4) W(58.5)( T- Patrick Campbell )Good specking on debut and it could add some at odds.Longer Odds8 Piri Piri Pete F:B(10) W(58.5)( T- Mike Breslin )Patiently-handled and it could show up on debut.
RemarksForm should stack up nicely out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 3.20Place1 11 $ 1.40Place2 9 $ 4.20Place3 2 $ 3.10Quinella 9:11 $ 32.60Trifecta 11:9:2 $ 548.30First4 11:9:2:12 $ 5719.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 7, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - EL CHEAPO CARSTime: 5:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Not Santa F: X0833B(3) W(58)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.40Probably should have won this season but gets its chance here. Coming off consecutive placings and it should get a sweet run throughout.Main Danger9 Showpiece F: 1B(1) W(55.5)( T- Sue Walsh )Did what it needed to do on debut. Slightly different conditions here but the inside draw helps and punters are getting value odds.Next Best5 Divine Wine F: 438X1B(6) W(57)The confidence is up after scoring well last start. Tough to win second up but punters are getting good odds for the risk. Chance.Include in Multis1 Podkast F: 416B(9) W(59)( T- Laura Knight )Three starts for one win. Has shown enough potential to suggest that it could take this out. Shouldn't be left out.Longer Odds4 Outthegate F: 4219XB(7) W(58)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Suzy Gordon )PlacedDividend : $3.00Capable and it's another runner at nice odds.
RemarksValue throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.00Place1 3 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 3.00Place3 10 $ 19.60Quinella 3:4 $ 17.10Trifecta 3:4:10 $ 893.40First4 3:4:10:11 $ 7156.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%