Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RYDGES HOTEL ROTORUA MAIDEN 2200Time: 1:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Charred F: 56524B(5) W(58.5)( T- Paul Mirabelli )Was there to win last start but should find this easier. Drawn well and a maiden win should come sooner rather than later.Main Danger2 Prince Albert F: X6473B(7) W(58.5)( J- Jason Waddell )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.40Has promised plenty but yet to deliver. Encouraging run for third last time out and there has been good backing again. Chance.Next Best9 Border Leicester F: 76002B(1) W(57)( T- E & D Browne )Turned around some poor form when second last start. Opie rides from the inside draw so consider.Include in Multis11 Rusalka F: 6X776B(9) W(56.5)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.60Should be fitter now after three runs in this campaign. Could be best heading foward. Nice odds on offer.Longer Odds4 Not Usual Dream F: 4X500B(3) W(58.5)( J- Troy Harris )( T- Shane Crawford )Capable of turning that form around.
RemarksAn even field in the opener
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 2.70Place1 2 $ 1.40Place2 11 $ 1.60Place3 12 $ 3.40Quinella 2:11 $ 7.90Trifecta 2:11:12 $ 77.70First4 2:11:12:9 $ 285.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - ISCL MAIDEN 1250Time: 1:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Holsty F: 23X2B(6) W(58.5)( T- Cody Cole )WonDividends : $1.70 $1.60Should have won by now but has shown some good talent. Tricky draw but it should be very tough to beat. Ready to break through.Main Danger1 Kapalka F: 4223XB(2) W(58.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Looked good placing at its last three starts. Drawn well for its return and punters are getting good odds. Right in this.Next Best8 Surveillance F: 5523XB(4) W(56.5)Could keep an eye on them approaching for home then pounce. Has the ability and looks ready to win a race.Include in Multis7 Quiz Kid F: 40X88B(10) W(57)( T- C & S Phelan )Showed some promise when last in work. Hasn't quite matured this time around but the claim helps and the odds appeal.Longer Odds5 Outtalign I Am F: 93B(3) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Michael Murray )Much better effort last start. Could go close here.
RemarksPlenty of money around the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.70Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 12 $ 5.50Quinella 2:12 $ 23.70Trifecta 2:12:8 $ 128.70First4 2:12:8:5 $ 394.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - MTF MAIDEN 3YOTime: 2:15 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Might F: 3X3B(1) W(57.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )WonDividends : $3.60 $0.00Battled well last time out against a tough field. Should strip fitter for that run and the inside draw looks ideal. Top chance.Main Danger1 Showaan F: 2B(2) W(57.5)( T- Glen Harvey )Exceeded expectations on debut when running second. Carries a lot of support here so consider. Should be running close.Next Best10 Get Hitched F: 7X56XB(3) W(55.5)Hasn't done much to date but the ability is there. Could have a chance to shine here at pay solid each-way odds.Include in Multis5 Meritorious F: 45X3XB(6) W(55.5)Had only the one run last time in work. Drawn ideally in barrier four and it should be right around the mark.Longer Odds7 Shibuya Kosaten F:B(8)Could run a good race at value odds.
RemarksMany of these will break through soon
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 3.60Quinella 1:2 $ 3.00Trifecta 2:1:10 $ 10.70First4 2:1:10:3 $ 8.70Double 2+/2 $ 4.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACE MAIDENTime: 2:50 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'6 Qiji Melody F: 8X436B(6) W(56)PlacedDividend : $1.60Has good speed and has found a race it's capable of winning. Gets some weight off its back and it could go close here. Top chance.Main Danger3 Star Ellipse F: 20X4B(1) W(56)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Ran well for second on debut and got back to something similar last time out. Still improving and it's worth including here.Next Best2 Call Me Evie F: 372XB(7) W(57.5)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Bill Pomare )PlacedDividend : $2.30Twice-placed from three starts. 1kg comes off the back and it doesn't need to improve much to take this out. Goes close.Include in Multis5 Wasp F: 60X3B(2) W(56)( T- Moroney/Gerard )Much-improved run for third last time out. Drawn ideally in barrier two and punters are getting a good price.Longer Odds9 Aloft F:B(8) W(56)WonDividends : $12.40 $3.00Trial form is solid and it's only going to improve with time.
RemarksNot much covering this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 12.40Place1 9 $ 3.00Place2 2 $ 2.30Place3 6 $ 1.60Quinella 2:9 $ 49.80Trifecta 9:2:6 $ 365.80First4 9:2:6:3 $ 1204.00Treble 2+/2/9 $ 91.00Quaddie 2+/2+/2/9 $ 232.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (2) Call Me Evie(3) Star Ellipse (6) Qiji MelodyR5 (2) Aero De Paris(4) Byzantine (5) Autumn Wild (10) Good Luck CharmR6 (3) Palamedes(4) Holy LochR7 (1) Patch Man(3) Rakuten (4) Ripper Of A DreamQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WAITOMO FUELS 1100Time: 3:25 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Aero De Paris F: 21241B(8) W(58.5)Three wins from 15 starts and it's running very well this season. Looks a good chance to win again and punters have come for it.Main Danger10 Good Luck Charm F: 163B(6) W(54)( J- Sam Spratt )WonDividends : $3.70 $2.10Showed good pace when winning on debut. Held in check since but the ability is there. Gets in light so respect.Next Best5 Autumn Wild F: 18X53B(9) W(56)Improving runs of late and that was a nice effort last time out. Gets weight off its back and it could run close.Include in Multis4 Byzantine F: 1X055B(4) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Hasn't been all that far away of late. Opie rides and it's tough to keep this stable down at the moment. Consider.Longer Odds9 Cin Cin F: 24X30B(2) W(54)( T- Grant Stewart )Could bounce back with style here. Chance.
RemarksWould pay to follow the form out of this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 10 $ 3.70Place1 10 $ 2.10Place2 4 $ 1.70Quinella 4:10 $ 5.10Trifecta 10:4:6 $ 33.70First4 10:4:6:1 $ 114.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 5, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - INTERISLANDER SUMMER FESTIVAL 27TH DECEMBERTime: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Palamedes F: 62142B(4) W(58.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )The current favourite and deserves to be. Good win three back and went close last time out. 3kg comes off the back, so it should go well again.Main Danger4 Holy Loch F: X9093B(2) W(58)( T- Margaret Falconer )PlacedDividend : $2.20Turned around some average form when running third last start. Heading in the right direction now, so consider at the each-way odds.Next Best1 Manrico F: 03139B(6) W(59)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )Mixing its form but has the ability to bounce back after running ninth. Form prior was very good. Chance.Include in Multis8 Dam Reliable F: 6370XB(5) W(56.5)Form line doesn't appear very good, but the ability is there. Could exceed expectations and run a good race.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'11 Lady Lira F: X6599B(1) W(56)( J- Lynsey Satherley )PlacedDividend : $3.50Always has upset material.
RemarksMost of the money coming at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 11.30Place1 5 $ 3.60Place2 11 $ 3.50Place3 4 $ 2.20Quinella 5:11 $ 81.40Trifecta 5:11:4 $ 806.80First4 5:11:4:6 $ 9635.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - LASER ELECTRICAL MAIDEN 1400Time: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Rakuten F: 4X3B(2) W(57)PlacedDividend : $1.30Two runs have both been solid to date. Drawing barrier two is ideal and there has been a stack of money come. Tough to beat.Main Danger1 Patch Man F: 26232B(10) W(58.5)( J- Jason Waddell )Consecutive placings coming into this. Deserves to finally win a race and it gets its chance. Should be right around the mark.Next Best4 Ripper Of A Dream F: 43B(3) W(57)( J- Jonathan Riddell )PlacedDividend : $1.30Improved run for third last time out. Bred to be good enough to break maiden grades soon. Won't be too far away.Include in Multis11 Elisa Carolina F:B(4) W(55)Drawn to get a good run and it's paying nice odds. Well-weighted and it won't be far away from them.Longer Odds9 Darcee Que F: 55XB(5) W(55)Has real improvement to come so consider here.
RemarksQuality field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 23.00Place1 8 $ 4.20Place2 4 $ 1.30Place3 3 $ 1.30Quinella 4:8 $ 41.50Trifecta 8:4:3 $ 236.10First4 8:4:3:16 $ 2506.70Double 5/8 $ 89.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%