Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KURIPUNI SPORTS BAR & TAB MAIDEN 1000Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Kapinos F: 223B(5) W(58)Indicative Odds: $2.80Wonderfully bred, needs to attack line harder. Went up to win last start but puncturedMain Danger5 Glide Queen F: X0562B(9) W(56)( T- Matthew Eales )Indicative Odds: $5.00Not a huge fan but mare topped $100,000 in seven-win careerNext Best1 Rocco Bello F: 6X284B(3) W(58.5)( T- Ramsay/Ritchie )Indicative Odds: $5.50Well backed Vela owned gelding still chasing that pot of gold - as in first win - in start 7. Chris Johnson on first timeInclude in Multis6 A Little Vague F:B(2) W(56)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Nigel Auret )Indicative Odds: $13.00May or may not be wet enough. Dam won 3 from 13.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'9 Masarova F:B(1) W(56)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- TeamRogerson )Indicative Odds: $13.00Third to Te Akau 3yo recent trial. Looks an oddsmaker to me
RemarksGear changes: Reilly Central: Nasal Strip off, Nose Band off, Tongue Tie on
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - ECOLAB MAIDEN 1300Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Sasanqua F: 3B(8) W(56.5)WonDividends : $3.70 $1.50Wide draw deflates me .... but just a little. Trials were good value and debut run full of merit.Main Danger3 Broadway Brawler F: 0X634B(9) W(58)( J- Kelly McCulloch )( T- Janelle Millar )Very game two runs. Ready to land knockout blow. Janelle Millar having possibly her best season.Next Best9 Roxy Brown F: 5B(7) W(56.5)( T- Peter Didham )Things got tight late in piece on debut. Did well. Plenty of positive signsInclude in Multis4 Cover Drive F:B(6) W(58)PlacedDividend : $2.90Myers first starter. One mediocre trial but watch toteLonger Odds8 Authentic Charm F: 90X55B(9) W(56.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Half to Authentic Paddy on the improve this prep
RemarksStipe Comment: AUTHENTIC CROSS - Restrained from a wide draw. Held up rounding the turn and early in the home straight before being angled outwards across heels to gain clear running passing the 200 metres.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.70Place1 6 $ 1.50Place2 4 $ 2.90Place3 7 $ 3.60Quinella 4:6 $ 20.70Trifecta 6:4:7 $ 286.40First4 6:4:7:1 $ 1832.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WAIRARAPA TIMES TERRY KERSE MEMORIAL MAIDEN 2050Time: 12:00 | Distance: 2050m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Tiro F: 66X34B(8) W(58.5)Bergerson's second winner today? Terrible starts are tiresome but looks length or two to good of restMain Danger12 Flying Meg F: 9534B(12) W(56)( T- Trudy Keegan )Flying alright. Here's a filly with a big finish. Oaks hopeNext Best3 Mondorani F: 4B(7) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.00Wide all way on debut. Myers backers didn't miss her.Include in Multis10 Relda F: 937B(1) W(56.5)( J- Kelly McCulloch )( T- Sylvia Kay )Mum was successful on racetrack and at stud. Another cameo role from Kelly McCullochLonger Odds9 Punta Mita F: 673B(9) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $2.80Benner got something out of addition of shadow roll last start. Galloper sufffered cut to lip
RemarksGear changes: Tiro: Blinkers on Prince Oberyn: Tongue Tie on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 49.60Place1 11 $ 11.80Place2 3 $ 3.00Place3 9 $ 2.80Quinella 3:11 $ 351.70Trifecta 11:3:9 $ 4442.90First4 - $ 0.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 9, 10, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WCM LEGAL WAIRARAPA CUPTime: 12:00 | Distance: 2050m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Artiste F: 41133B(4) W(54)( T- Baker/Forsman )WonDividends : $2.90 $1.70Half to Mime and showing every chance of rivalling her brilliance. A Mastercraftsman - she was always going to be a late developer.Main Danger1 Peso F: 21022B(6) W(64)( J- Hunter Durrant )( T- Paul Nelson )Building toward Auckland Cup. Down 3kgs with claim but still has to carry 61kgNext Best4 Royal Ruby F: 38192B(2) W(54)( T- P & T Ebbett )6yo difficult to back with confidence. You have to kid to her. The rest is up to her.Include in Multis3 Chic F: 39634B(7) W(57.5)( J- Sarah MacNab )Myers runner back from campaigning in southLonger Odds2 Awatane F: 34636B(5) W(58)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Alby MacGregor )Formline flatlined. On go the blinkers to spark things up
RemarksGear changes: Awatane: Blinkers off
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.90Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 6 $ 6.20Quinella 5:6 $ 24.50Trifecta 5:6:3 $ 285.10First4 5:6:3:1 $ 1220.00Treble 6/11/5+ $ 654.10Quaddie 4/6/11/5+ $ 7943.80
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (1) Peso(5) ArtisteR5 (1) Awesome Al(3) Bellissimo (4) Colorado Miss (8) Sophia MagiaR6 (2) Glory Days(5) Flamingo (7) LubayaR7 (1) Thutmosis(2) Cullen Bohannon (12) LouboutinQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - POPE & GRAY CONTRACTORS & THE HITS 1400Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Awesome Al F: 44660B(7) W(59)PlacedDividend : $1.70Recent efforts average but with Johnson up and a grade drop, Al could be awesome todayMain Danger8 Sophia Magia F: 75554B(2) W(57.5)Hit the line strongly last start. Not genuine but odds temptingNext Best3 Bellissimo F: 90142B(8) W(58.5)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Brian Marriott )WonDividends : $5.10 $2.00Flattened punters good and proper Dec 22. Hasn't let grasp slip since.Include in Multis4 Colorado Miss F: 7X41B(6) W(58)Outstanding maiden win. Could have stepped into tougher R65Longer Odds10 Maximillien F: X3373B(4) W(57.5)( T- Chris Rauhihi )Former crack jock continues to have her on verge of first win in 2 years. Parkes signs on for second ride.
RemarksStipe Comment: AWESOME AL - Raced ungenerously early to middle stages rider reporting was unsuited to slow early pace
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 5.10Place1 3 $ 2.00Place2 1 $ 1.70Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 1:3 $ 10.30Trifecta 3:1:5 $ 158.60First4 3:1:5:7 $ 2508.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 8, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - PROPERTY BROKERS WAIRARAPA THOROUGHBRED BREEDERSTime: 12:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Flamingo F: 96551B(6) W(57)( T- D & E Haworth )WonDividends : $3.60 $1.70Brilliant win Trentham. Rosie Myers thought so too. Traded Tinkalicious for this ride.Main Danger2 Glory Days F: 11110B(5) W(57)( T- Bill Thurlow )PlacedDividend : $1.80Badly checked in Manawatu Cup. Did win over mile before glory days kicked in.Next Best7 Lubaya F: 3X317B(1) W(57)Outclassed in Gr3 company Trentham. One more chance in same sex race.Include in Multis3 Contessa Vanessa F: 02200B(13) W(57)( J- Terry Moseley )( T- TeamRogerson )In a rut. Will be off to stud soon if fails to digs way out of one, starting todayLonger Odds12 Podravina F: 04412B(7) W(57)( T- Baker/Forsman )PlacedDividend : $2.90Maturing Baker hope asked to step up in class.
RemarksStipe Comment: PODRAVINA - Raced three wide without cover throughout, steadied when awkwardly placed on heels concluding stages.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 3.60Place1 5 $ 1.70Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 12 $ 2.90Quinella 2:5 $ 9.70Trifecta 5:2:12 $ 128.40First4 5:2:12:3 $ 564.80Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - McKENZIE ELECTRICAL MAIDEN 1600Time: 12:00 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'12 Louboutin F: 7229B(11) W(56)( T- John Bary )PlacedDividend : $2.00Slow pace of race didn't suit last start. Horror draw today - Johnson's magic show in demand for this daughter of a Thorndon winner,Main Danger2 Cullen Bohannon F: X7733B(6) W(58.5)( T- Gary Vile )Double acceptor. Long suffering connections may soon have something to celebrateNext Best6 Billy Mav F: 55B(10) W(58)( J- Sarah MacNab )Myers maiden who has signaled good potential. Can't say that about some of his others.Include in Multis1 Thutmosis F: 50342B(3) W(58.5)( J- Sam O'Malley )( T- David Jensen )PlacedDividend : $2.60Change of stables has brought out the best in himLonger Odds7 Yeah Right F: 586B(8) W(58)( T- Gary Vile )Been a mixture in 3 runs. Mum won $100,000
RemarksGear changes: Freccia D'Oro (AUS): Side Winkers on
ResultsRace DividendsWin 13 $ 19.10Place1 13 $ 4.80Place2 1 $ 2.60Place3 12 $ 2.00Place6 4,6,7/3,9,11/5+,6/1+,3,5/2,5+,12/1,12,13 $ 121.50Quinella 1:13 $ 69.70Trifecta 13:1:12 $ 916.10First4 13:1:12:2 $ 4699.60Treble 3/5+/13 $ 651.70Quaddie 5+/3/5+/13 $ 2391.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%