Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - GEE & HICKTON FUNERAL DIRECTORS PREMIERTime: 12:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Our Hail Mary F: 63X33B(10) W(56)WonDividends : $3.00 $1.20Hit the line nicely last start after warming up late. The rise to the mile is a positive and it should be able to deliver here.Main Danger2 Creative Genius F: X2423B(6) W(59.5)PlacedDividend : $1.40Hasn't been far behind some nice types this season. Knocking on the door and Mick Dee is in good form. Goes close.Next Best9 Ritzy Sparkle F: 44351B(7) W(55.5)( T- Roydon Bergerson )Has the confidence up after scoring nicely last start. Nicely weighted and it could add some value.Include in Multis3 Miss Contessa F: 90255B(8) W(57.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Gary Vile )Loomed to win last start. Has talent but needs to start winning the odd race. Helped by the 2kg coming off its back.Longer Odds7 Hinepara F: 62261B(9) W(55.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Josh Shaw )Stick with the last start winner.
RemarksQuality field to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.00Place1 6 $ 1.20Place2 10 $ 4.90Place3 2 $ 1.40Quinella 6:10 $ 28.70Trifecta 6:10:2 $ 187.20First4 6:10:2:9 $ 969.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - RACEFORM PREMIERTime: 1:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Go James F: 41011B(6) W(60)( J- Temyia Taiaroa )( T- Kevin Gray )Has broken through this campaign and kicked on with it. Hit the line strongly to score last start and the 3kg off its back helps.Main Danger6 Riding The Wave F: X7230B(3) W(57.5)( T- Nigel Tiley )WonDividends : $3.20 $2.10Has more promise than most of these but needs to start putting it all together. There is confidence in the market and that's a good sign.Next Best5 Kapinos F: 10X31B(4) W(57.5)( T- Roydon Bergerson )Yet to run a bad race this season. Comes into this having won last start and it could handle the rise in class nicely.Include in Multis3 The Swiss Maestro F: X0216B(5) W(58.5)( T- M & M Pitman )Owns speed and looked good when winning two back. Found it a bit tough last start but this race is there for the taking. Include.Longer Odds4 Magico F: X8522B(1) W(57.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Benner/Wynyard )PlacedDividend : $2.80Beaten favourite last start but it could lead them throughout with improvement.
RemarksSmall field but it's not lacking in quality
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 3.20Place1 6 $ 2.10Place2 4 $ 2.80Quinella 4:6 $ 11.30Trifecta 6:4:3 $ 74.00First4 6:4:3:2 $ 303.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - WILLIAM THE PROTECTOR PREMIERTime: 1:55 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Opalescence F: 21B(1) W(55.5)( T- Jenna Mahoney )WonDividends : $2.80 $1.90Impressive winner at Awapuni last start. Should only benefit from that experience and kick on with it. Could be a stakes horse soon.Main Danger7 Wertheimer F:B(6) W(56)( T- Andrew Campbell )This stable is firing with their young talent. Nicely bred type that has looked solid at the trials. Punters are getting value odds.Next Best1 Piaggio F: 3L1XB(7) W(57.5)( T- Benner/Wynyard )Doesn't know how to behave prior to the start. Has had an interrupted campaign but it's classy at best. Good chance if it runs.Include in Multis4 Boomer Hill F:B(5) W(56)PlacedDividend : $3.50Australian-bred runner that has done the job at the trials. Specked at each-way odds and that's a good sign. Include.Longer Odds5 Platinum Rain F:B(4) W(56)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Lisa Latta )Could offer some value at the double-figure odds.
RemarksForm out of this race will stack up well
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 2.80Place1 9 $ 1.90Place2 4 $ 3.50Quinella 4:9 $ 8.40Trifecta 9:4:1 $ 47.20First4 9:4:1:10 $ 174.80Double 6+/9+ $ 7.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WELLINGTON SEAMARKET PREMIERTime: 2:31 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Tavi Mac F: 11512B(4) W(59)( J- Jason Waddell )WonDividends : $2.10 $1.30Lost no admirers when running second last time out. Could easily be unbeaten this preparation with a bit of luck. Top chance.Main Danger3 Satu Lagi F: 24322B(9) W(59)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Patrick Campbell )Had its chance to win last start. Continues to run good races without winning, but it could win for loyal punters here. Must be included.Next Best1 More Wonder F: X900XB(5) W(61.5)( T- TeamRogerson )PlacedDividend : $2.40Punters will need to take a risk with this runner. Has the talent to win but needs to turn some fairly average form around. Capable.Include in Multis5 Sir Nate F: 34506B(7) W(58)( J- Jonathan Riddell )( T- Lisa Latta )PlacedDividend : $2.60Another runner which is better than what it has been showing. Chance if it returns to form of old. Good odds on offer.Longer Odds9 Ohceedee F: 81351B(2) W(55.5)In form and could be the underrated type.
RemarksTalented and even betting field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.10Place1 4 $ 1.30Place2 1 $ 2.40Place3 5 $ 2.60Quinella 1:4 $ 9.40Trifecta 4:1:5 $ 96.90First4 4:1:5:6 $ 437.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GRANT PLUMBING PREMIERTime: 3:06 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Valmur F: 73134B(2) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Les Collins )WonDividends : $4.60 $1.80Hasn't run a bad race for a while and the odds are generous. Confident rider in the saddle and that can make all the difference.Main Danger1 Waisake F: X6005B(3) W(60)Returned to some sort of form when fifth last start. Has beaten better fields than this so consider at the price.Next Best2 He No Opilio F: 03623B(4) W(59)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Trevor Chambers )Always around the mark and it will loom to win at some stage. A patient ride from Chris Johnson could be enough to win.Include in Multis5 Hocico Blanco F: 35534B(5) W(58.5)( T- Mark Goodwin )Only needs to find a half-length to start winning consistently. Going well enough to give many of these a fright.Longer Odds6 Gerda F: X9307B(1) W(58)( T- Emma Davies )PlacedDividend : $3.10Owns upset claims and punters are getting good odds.
RemarksOne of the more even betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 4.60Place1 9 $ 1.80Place2 6 $ 3.10Place3 3 $ 11.90Quinella 6:9 $ 19.80Trifecta 9:6:3 $ 1279.50First4 9:6:3:2 $ 3499.60Double 4+/9+ $ 8.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - BARNESWOOD FARM TRENTHAM STAKES (G3)Time: 3:41 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Masetto F: X2132B(1) W(55)( J- Cameron Lammas )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.80Continues to run good races and that was an impressive win three back. Hasn't lost any admirers since and it has drawn to get every chance.Main Danger3 Fiscal Fantasy F: 30172B(3) W(55)( T- Frank Ritchie )PlacedDividend : $1.40A touch short in the betting but is a leading win chance. Coming off a big run at Group 1 level and it's well-weighted considering. Must be included.Next Best2 Dolcetto F: 34483B(6) W(55.5)( T- Sylvia Kay )Has indicated that a win isn't far away. Wouldn't mind some rain to come but it has the talent to win. Wouldn't overlook its chances.Include in Multis11 Artiste F: 38616B(12) W(53)( T- Baker/Forsman )Wasn't suited by the pace of the race last start. Light weight danger with only 53kg on its back.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 Sergeant Blast F: 74182B(10) W(55)( T- Sam Lennox )Good enough to win at long odds. Add to value.
RemarksMany winning chances in the first leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 8.30Place1 4 $ 2.30Place2 3 $ 1.40Place3 7 $ 1.80Quinella 3:4 $ 9.10Trifecta 4:3:7 $ 80.00First4 4:3:7:2 $ 310.40Treble 4+/9+/4 $ 168.60
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (3) Fiscal Fantasy(7) MasettoR7 (1) Harlech(7) Travelling LightR8 (1) Scott Base(8) Germanicus (11) GuilladaR9 (1) Jewel Of Patch(3) He's Done A Runner (6) Maduro (7) Semper MagicoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - WOODRIDGE HOMES LEVIN CLASSIC (G1)Time: 4:16 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Harlech F: 12122B(1) W(56.5)( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $1.50Beaten last start but defied a slow tempo up front when rattling home. Lovely type in the making and it looks the testing material.Main Danger7 Travelling Light F: 11131B(3) W(54.5)( T- Ben Foote )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.80Won on its merits last start and it's going to enjoy having the light weight. Drifting on the tote but it should be pushing the favourite close.Next Best2 Riodini F: X1112B(6) W(56.5)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Nigel Tiley )Not the biggest type running around and that could show up here. Showed great potential prior to that when winning three straight. Chance with slight improvement.Include in Multis4 Mascarpone F: 42111B(4) W(56.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Another nice type in the making. Interesting running action but there's no denying its talent. Could make a nice stayer.Longer Odds3 Callsign Mav F: 61272B(2) W(56.5)( T- John Bary )Looked good early on so respect here.
RemarksLovely field where the form will stack up nicely
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.00Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 1 $ 1.50Quinella 1:7 $ 3.30Trifecta 7:1:2 $ 11.20First4 7:1:2:5 $ 69.20Double 4/7 $ 20.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - BLUESTAR ANNIVERSARY HANDICAP (G3)Time: 4:51 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Germanicus F: 42011B(9) W(55)( T- Danica Guy )WonDividends : $7.70 $2.50In good form winning its last two and that form should stack up nicely for this. Gets in nicely on the weights and punters are getting good odds.Main Danger11 Guillada F: 12612B(3) W(53)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Bryce Newman )Two wins from its last five starts. Tough to overlook that form and securing barrier three is ideal. Should be going close.Next Best1 Scott Base F: 74X37B(12) W(55)( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $2.50Owns more ability than most here but doesn't always show it. Likely to settle back from the draw and hit the line nicely.Include in Multis12 Tinkalicious F: 71253B(1) W(53)( T- Janelle Millar )Good win four back and has been knocking on the door since. Inside draw and only 53kg on its back. Tough to overlook that.Longer Odds9 Hinerangi F: X6460B(8) W(53.5)( J- Richard Oliver )( T- Baker/Forsman )Capable of turning its form around. Chance.
RemarksOne of the better betting fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 7.70Place1 8 $ 2.50Place2 4 $ 8.70Place3 1 $ 2.50Quinella 4:8 $ 122.20Trifecta 8:4:1 $ 1552.80First4 8:4:1:2 $ 5318.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 8, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - SUPER FENCE PREMIERTime: 5:26 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jewel Of Patch F: 540X2B(3) W(60)( J- Jason Waddell )( T- O'Sullivan/Scott )WonDividends : $4.70 $2.10Looks set to win a race soon but has been finding it hard. Good run for second last start and it should be able to build on that.Main Danger3 He's Done A Runner F: 28X12B(15) W(59.5)( J- Johnathan Parkes )( T- Mike Breslin )Going to need luck from the draw. However, it's in good form this season with a win and a placing. Worth including at the odds.Next Best6 Maduro F: X9314B(1) W(59)( T- Matt Dixon )Will enjoy running off the inside barrier. Has won already this campaign and anything close to that sees it going well here.Include in Multis7 Semper Magico F: X5291B(11) W(58.5)( T- Mark Oulaghan )Last start winner that could kick on with it. Requires luck from the draw but it could win if it finds a slot.Longer Odds5 Abbey Road F: X0765B(6) W(59)( J- Opie Bosson )( T- Gary Vile )PlacedDividend : $3.80Improving steadily so include at generous odds.
RemarksAnother each-way field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.70Place1 1 $ 2.10Place2 11 $ 5.80Place3 5 $ 3.80Quinella 1:11 $ 43.40Trifecta 1:11:5 $ 841.80First4 1:11:5:6 $ 4765.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%