Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - NORM BEVAN MEMORIAL MAIDEN STEEPLECHASETime: 12:10 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Zedace F: 39323B(1) W(68)( T- Shane Brown )Racing very well. Top second in Manawatu Steeplechase good run at Hawke’s Bay just probably the strong tempo throughout was not to his likely looks the one to beat.Main Danger2 Zedman F: 500X2B(6) W(68)( T- Diana Kennedy )PlacedDividend : $1.60Another Zed who looks to jump well he was very good on Chase debut. Won’t have to improve much to go close to winning.Next Best6 Kangaroo F: X7X04B(8) W(68)( J- Shaun Fannin )Stuck on for a long time at the Bay when leading a hot speed. A softer run and this horse will go well.Include in Multis4 My Magician F: 0PX00B(5) W(68)( J- Timothy Johnson )( T- Gary Vile )Hasn’t been at his best lately but he has shown ability over the fences and a winner of Manawatu Hurdle can go well in this.Longer Odds9 Porotene Magnum F: 0890PB(2) W(68)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Ken Duncan )Saddle slipped on Sunday but some word on this horses ability. Chance at big odds.
RemarksFirst race of the day and it involves the figure 8
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 14.90Place1 5 $ 3.10Place2 2 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 3.30Quinella 2:5 $ 22.90Trifecta 5:2:3 $ 395.90First4 5:2:3:6 $ 3600.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SUPER FENCE MAIDEN HURDLETime: 12:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'10 Handsome Blue F: 80X92B(1) W(68)( T- Jo Rathbone )Having his first hurdle start but he has been good at jumping trials so a good debut is expected.Main Danger1 Summer Warrior F: X0022B(4) W(68)( T- Dean Wiles )PlacedDividend : $2.10Both seconds over the sticks have been good. Our days best last week. Another top performance will happen.Next Best2 Zed Leppelin F: 82525B(9) W(68)( J- Gary Walsh )( T- Thompson/Brown )Both runs over sticks have been good and I expect the track may suit him.Include in Multis4 Abacus F: 04634B(13) W(68)( J- Emily Farr )( T- John Wheeler )Another who is racing well and if he can maintain that will be a chance here.Longer Odds11 No Need F: 87X00B(5) W(68)( T- Nelson/McDougal )Having first jump start but with a top stable and Kuru must be respected.
RemarksGood hurdle race to follow
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 47.60Place1 6 $ 10.90Place2 1 $ 2.10Place3 13 $ 8.40Quinella 1:6 $ 98.80Trifecta 6:1:13 $ 4583.70First4 6:1:13:4 $ 3386.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - ANUKA SMOKER WELLINGTON HURDLETime: 1:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Gallante F: X0321B(8) W(67)( T- TeamRogerson )Easy winner of the Manawatu Hurdles. Scratched at Hawke’s Bay Hurdles due to track. The heavy track suits and looks very hard to beat.Main Danger4 Bad Boy Brown F: 1X613B(6) W(65)( J- Isaac Lupton )( T- Harvey Wilson )PlacedDividend : $1.50Beat Gallante two back here. Has had a good third on the flat since and off his form will go close.Next Best1 Laekeeper F: 23X53B(5) W(68)( J- Emily Farr )( T- Simon Rees )PlacedDividend : $1.80Very top run in Hawke’s Bay hurdles and will be better off for the run. Will love the track and going to go close.Include in Multis2 Tommyra F: 33166B(4) W(67.5)( T- Toby Autridge )Covered too much ground at Hawke’s Bay very good winner in a good race at Ellerslie but may not be suited 100% in the track but must respect.Longer Odds5 El Corby F: 041B2B(1) W(65)( J- Gary Walsh )( T- Clinton Isdale )In good form. Brought down at Awapuni and his run on Sunday was very good. Value runner here.
RemarksThe first of the features today.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 9.00Place1 7 $ 2.00Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 1 $ 1.80Quinella 4:7 $ 14.90Trifecta 7:4:1 $ 146.90First4 7:4:1:5 $ 1224.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WELLINGTON SEAMARKET 1200Time: 1:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Hartley F: 1206XB(5) W(55.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Neil Connors )Looks a good galloper who trialed well leading into this. Last year won fresh up by 4 lengths.Main Danger3 Tabard F: X2245B(4) W(57.5)Form is good leading into this and Rosie Myers has gone with him instead of Hartley.Next Best8 Paddy Bourke F: 27222B(2) W(54)( T- Mark Oulaghan )PlacedDividend : $1.70Racing on top form with four seconds from his last 5 starts. Fit and will race well.Include in Multis6 Padraig F: 3308XB(9) W(55.5)( J- Chris Johnson )( T- Andrew Campbell )Unbeaten on his only start on Heavy track. Trialed up well and Andrew Campbell wouldn’t bring him down if he didn’t think he had a chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'7 Miss Lizzie F: 34114B(1) W(54)( T- Anna Clement )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.90Comes into this fit in good form and if she gets an easy lead could be hard to pass.
RemarksFirst flat race and a good one at that
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.10Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 8 $ 1.70Place3 9 $ 3.10Quinella 7:8 $ 10.60Trifecta 7:8:9 $ 167.80First4 7:8:9:3 $ 764.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 5, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - GRANT PLUMBING WELLINGTON STEEPLECHASETime: 2:30 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Perry Mason F: 96721B(7) W(67.5)( T- Nelson/McDougal )PlacedDividend : $1.40Good winner of the Hawke’s Bay Steeplechase. The heavy track is no concern and looks a top chance again.Main Danger4 Gagarin F: 22514B(4) W(66.5)WonDividends : $6.10 $1.90Good winner of the Manawatu Steeplechase. Good run on the flat since and looks well placed.Next Best2 Chocolate Fish F: X9842B(1) W(67.5)( T- Shane Brown )Top run last start will appreciate a heavy track. In good form and a top run is expected.Include in Multis1 Wise Men Say F: 16X66B(10) W(70)( J- Isaac Lupton )( T- Raymond Connors )Top jumper who is taking a few runs this campaign to get to his best but last years winner can not be discounted.Longer Odds7 Zamora F: 466X1B(3) W(65)( J- James Seivwright )( T- Samantha Logan )Very good winning fresh up done plenty of work to handle the 5500m distance.
RemarksVery competitive field for this years Wellington Steeplechase
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.10Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 9 $ 2.70Place3 3 $ 1.40Quinella 4:9 $ 30.90Trifecta 4:9:3 $ 202.70First4 4:9:3:8 $ 2643.10
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (2) Chocolate Fish(3) Perry Mason (4) GagarinR6 (6) Richard Of YorkeR7 (2) Mauna Kea(5) Our Bandit (6) De GaulleR8 (2) Manolo(3) Tavis Court (14) Last ChanceQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - VERNON & VAZEY TRUCK PARTS PARLIAMENTARY HCPTime: 3:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'6 Richard Of Yorke F: 50115B(5) W(54.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Jamie Richards )PlacedDividend : $1.50Easy winner here two back with Chelsea on board. Good fifth at Otaki over 1600m since better suited to this trip and looks the best bet of the day.Main Danger3 Sylvester F: 23161B(6) W(59)( J- Chris Johnson )Been racing very well. Very good winning three back and the last start win was very solid.Next Best5 Strolling Vagabond F: 37332B(1) W(55.5)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Gerald Innes )PlacedDividend : $2.00Very honest mare. Always runs well and her form is very good will be very competitive.Include in Multis1 Dr Watson F: 02216B(2) W(60)Found Hawke’s Bay track too good and better at Wellington we’re he always runs well.Longer Odds7 Trisha Lea F: 04664B(7) W(54)( T- Kylie Little )WonDividends : $12.90 $3.30Seems to be close to her best form. I thought she was good on a track too good for her.
RemarksAlways a great staying contest this year no difference
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 12.90Place1 7 $ 3.30Place2 6 $ 1.50Place3 5 $ 2.00Quinella 6:7 $ 24.40Trifecta 7:6:5 $ 299.70First4 7:6:5:9 $ 3682.20Double 4/7 $ 54.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - EL CHEAPO CARS WHYTE HANDICAPTime: 3:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Mauna Kea F: 130X1B(7) W(54.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Paul Moseley )PlacedDividend : $2.10Good tough win fresh up. Was very good on heavy ground last prep and could be the horse to follow over the winter months.Main Danger5 Our Bandit F: 6X752B(6) W(54)( T- Wayne Marshment )Just beaten last start by Mauna Kea and looks very close to that winning form from two seasons ago.Next Best6 De Gaulle F: 97X72B(5) W(54)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Jeff Lynds )Good run behind Rosewood and a similar run sees this horse a good chance.Include in Multis1 Dolcetto F: 44431B(4) W(61.5)Good winner of the Ag Challenge last start. Weight looks the big concern.Longer Odds4 Dougie F: 68X53B(2) W(54)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Peter Lock )
RemarksOne of the main lead ups to the Winter Cup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 8.90Place1 3 $ 4.10Place2 2 $ 2.10Quinella 2:3 $ 16.60Trifecta 3:2:1 $ 142.60First4 3:2:1:6 $ 688.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - WOODRIDGE HOMES 1400Time: 4:20 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Manolo F: 0X312B(14) W(59.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Alexander Fieldes )Won well two back and his run last start in a strong 65 race. Looks a good chance to win thisMain Danger3 Tavis Court F: 221B(3) W(59)( T- Anna Clement )PlacedDividend : $1.70Been good since his debut and an easy winner at Waverley by 8 lengths since.Next Best14 Last Chance F: 6X037B(9) W(55)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Lisa Latta )Good run two back. Wasn’t the worst of races last start and up in distance could help chances.Include in Multis1 Zac Brown F: 2330XB(8) W(61)( T- Stephen Nickalls )Fresh up and won a Jumpout well so could run well here.Longer Odds12 Take The Trick F: 2458XB(2) W(56)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Gemma McKay )PlacedDividend : $8.00Will love the track. She was good last winter and performed well at Wellington. Has Jumpout well so a good performance is expected.
RemarksLast race of the day and it’s tough
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 21.00Place1 11 $ 5.40Place2 3 $ 1.70Place3 12 $ 8.00Quinella 3:11 $ 33.10Trifecta 11:3:12 $ 3381.10First4 11:3:12:7 $ 8486.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 12, 14RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%