Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - TAB BONUS BACK CUP PREMIERTime: 12:15 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Very Appealing F: 21417B(6) W(58.5)( T- D & E Haworth )PlacedDividend : $2.00Won the Waipukurau Cup very well before being freshened. Good last start over 1400 along good ground late. Each way chanceMain Danger6 Star Tsar F: 131B(2) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.20Talented lightly raced Fastnet Rock. Who was good winning Derby Day at Auckland. Will go close here.Next Best2 Mehrtens F: 3L511B(9) W(60.5)( T- Suzy Gordon )Has put two wins together. Top win last start. First time over 1600 looks no concern.Include in Multis3 That's Incranibull F: 68114B(4) W(59.5)( T- Emma Davies )6 1/2 Length winner three back. Won here two back. Did struggle around the short course at Awapuni when fourth.Longer Odds4 Creative Genius F: 42336B(1) W(59)( T- Steven Cole )WonDividends : $9.80 $2.50Honest galloper who only ran 6th but did run very well last start was in great form prior to that.
RemarksHot favourite to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.80Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 6 $ 1.20Place3 5 $ 2.00Quinella 4:6 $ 6.70Trifecta 4:6:5 $ 156.20First4 4:6:5:2 $ 589.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - NEW ZEALAND BLOODSTOCK PREMIERTime: 12:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Opalescence F: 2114B(7) W(57)( T- Jenna Mahoney )Put two very good wins together in the CD before returning to home base. Ran a top fourth in Matamata Breeders and looks hard to beat here.Main Danger4 Wicket Maiden F: 16B(1) W(56)( T- John Bary )WonDividends : $5.00 $1.50Won debut here very well before missing the kick in Matamata Breeders and still running well. Ace draw helps and should hold the lead.Next Best3 Sacred Command F: 2B(8) W(56.5)( J- Leith Innes )PlacedDividend : $1.40Very good second on debut and will only improve from that.Include in Multis2 Boomer Hill F: 26B(2) W(56.5)( T- Steven Cole )Very good here on debut before racing too fiercely last start.Longer Odds6 Arancia F: 20B(6) W(54.5)( T- TeamRogerson )Nice on debut before struggling in Matamata Breeders. Smart winning trial since.
RemarksTalented field of 2 year olds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.00Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 5 $ 2.10Place3 3 $ 1.40Quinella 4:5 $ 15.50Trifecta 4:5:3 $ 108.80First4 4:5:3:7 $ 702.80
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - LINCOLN FARMS NEW ZEALAND ST LEGERTime: 1:25 | Distance: 2600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'9 Dance Card F: 41416B(8) W(53)( T- Lance Noble )Won Karaka Cup very well before a decent effort at Auckland and will only but improve off that and I think she will take some beating.Main Danger1 Glory Days F: 59X86B(4) W(56)( T- Bill Thurlow )Group 1 Auckland Cup winner of last year. Has needed first two runs this prep.Next Best5 Te Akau Caliburn F: 0X710B(3) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.80Import who was good over similar distances overseas. Won two back. Track too rain affected last start. Firm ground and extra distance suits.Include in Multis4 Sergeant Blast F: 82761B(6) W(55)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Sam Lennox )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.60Won well here last week. Was going well prior. Only question is the distance.Longer Odds7 Kamanda Lincoln F: 69674B(5) W(55)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Lisa Latta )Decent last week here. Distance suits.
RemarksFirst stakes race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 3.70Place1 4 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 2 $ 1.80Quinella 4:5 $ 9.80Trifecta 4:5:2 $ 69.00First4 4:5:2:1 $ 237.00Double 4/4+ $ 18.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - THE LAST OF THEE AULD HUSSIE'S PREMIERTime: 2:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Coventina Bay F: 5X111B(3) W(57)( T- Robbie Patterson )WonDividends : $1.90 $1.20Unbeaten this prep and only beaten once at the races. Been very good every start and won smartly at the trials since. Deserves favouriteMain Danger3 Credit Manager F: 61121B(4) W(59)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Kevin Gray )Won 3 out of his last 4. Nice win on Wellington Cup Day. Trialed well to prepare.Next Best1 Atlanta Peach F: 6818XB(7) W(59)( J- Michael Coleman )( T- Lowry/Cullen )Good mare resuming. Nice in Cal Isuzu Stakes at her last start prior to that she was in outstanding form. Trialed well.Include in Multis4 Sir Nate F: 06366B(2) W(58.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Great track record 4 starts 3 wins and a placing. Good third here three back and both 6th since had merit.Longer Odds5 Tavis Court F: 221X7B(6) W(58.5)( T- Anna Clement )Will be better suited 2nd up. Was in ultra consistent form last prep.
RemarksAnother hot favourite contest here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 1.90Place1 6 $ 1.20Place2 2 $ 3.70Place3 7 $ 3.10Quinella 2:6 $ 22.50Trifecta 6:2:7 $ 174.90First4 6:2:7:4 $ 893.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - WENTWOOD GRANGE CUDDLE STAKES (G3)Time: 2:35 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Sinarahma F: 01141B(6) W(55.5)( T- Allan Sharrock )Good progressive mare who rewarded her good form by winning Wairarapa Breeders. Unlucky here two back and could of been four in a row. Has trialed sinceMain Danger1 Yearn F: 14235B(5) W(57)( T- Karen Fursdon )PlacedDividend : $1.50Very honest mare. Won at Breeders at Counties. Then ran top races in Cal Izsuzu, Rich Hill and Thorndon. Freshened and ran a top race at Hawke’s Bay over 1400.Next Best12 Vee Cece F: 0X124B(3) W(55)Impressive win fresh. Good second in Wairarapa Breeders. Made good ground last start after missing the kick.Include in Multis7 Beyond The Fort F: 51328B(12) W(55)( J- Kozzi Asano )( T- Bill Thurlow )Freshened since last racing. Talented mare who placed in Oaks 12 months ago. Trialed to prepare.Longer Odds6 Jessiegee F: 63529B(2) W(55)( T- Mike Breslin )Tough effort for second in Taranaki Cup. Unlucky in anniversary three back. Drops back in distance from Avondale Cup run.
RemarksLovely field of mares in this Group 3 event
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 19.50Place1 8 $ 4.40Place2 1 $ 1.50Place3 11 $ 6.10Quinella 1:8 $ 37.50Trifecta 8:1:11 $ 1387.20First4 8:1:11:12 $ 7181.20Double 6+/8 $ 42.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 5, 6, 7, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - CARFINANCE.CO.NZ WELLINGTON GUINEAS (G2)Time: 3:15 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Levante F: 1111B(9) W(54.5)( T- K & B Kelso )PlacedDividend : $1.60Unbeaten filly who keeps raising the bar. Beat the older horses at Matamata and will take some beating.Main Danger4 Star Of Bombay F: 21131B(5) W(54.5)Filly with an impressive record. Very strong winning Mufhasa last time.Next Best5 Bella Mente F: 23542B(11) W(54.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )Another filly with a great record. Very good last start in the Mufhasa with the extra distance only helps chances.Include in Multis8 Exaltation F: 1X1B(7) W(54.5)( J- Chris Johnson )Talented filly half to Melody Belle and is 2 from 2. Very good winner at Hastings fresh up and could stamp her Mark today.Longer Odds7 Woodcote Lass F: 01824B(1) W(54.5)Racing very well. Top run in Mufhasa Stakes. Should get a great run from the ace draw.
RemarksA very talented group of 3 year olds
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 22.70Place1 9 $ 5.10Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 2 $ 3.60Quinella 3:9 $ 39.20Trifecta 9:3:2 $ 794.80First4 9:3:2:4 $ 3392.00Treble 6+/8/9 $ 1843.90
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (3) Levante(4) Star Of Bombay (5) Bella Mente (8) ExaltationR7 (5) Wekaforce(6) What A Smasher (7) Santa Catarina (10) Mr UniverseR8 (1) Jennifer EcclesR9 (3) Hot Spring Project(4) Bruno Magile (6) Semper Magico (9) FianoQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - TE AKAU RACING LIGHTNING HANDICAPTime: 3:50 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Wekaforce F: 16211B(7) W(53)( J- Lisa Allpress )( T- Terri Rae )PlacedDividend : $1.50Southern mare in great form. Bolted in last two and trialed super since. Looks hard to beat.Main Danger7 Santa Catarina F: X9016B(5) W(53)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $2.00Nice win two back. Lacked luck on Karaka Million night. Chance on the light weightNext Best10 Mr Universe F: 21943B(10) W(53)( T- TeamRogerson )Good backmarking sprinter who always runs home strongly. Strong speed will help chances.Include in Multis2 Enzo's Lad F: 30247B(8) W(58)( T- M & M Pitman )WonDividends : $4.20 $1.60Loves Wellington winning two Telegraphs and placed in this years Telegraph. That form would make him very competitive here.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'6 What A Smasher F: 25431B(9) W(53)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Kevin Gray )Won well last time. Decent effort two back over 1000m here and looks the light weight odds chance
RemarksLooks to be plenty of early speed here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.20Place1 2 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 1.50Place3 7 $ 2.00Quinella 2:5 $ 7.00Trifecta 2:5:7 $ 59.70First4 2:5:7:9 $ 493.10Double 9/2 $ 81.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - AL BASTI EQUIWORLD DUBAI NEW ZEALAND OAKS (G1)Time: 4:25 | Distance: 2400m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Jennifer Eccles F: 21311B(18) W(56.5)( T- Shaune Ritchie )WonDividends : $1.70 $1.30Class filly who has been dominant winning David and Karyn Ellis Fillies Classic and the Lowland Stakes. Distance should be no concern but Waddell will have to give her a gun ride from the drawMain Danger7 Karalino F: 72552B(5) W(56.5)Good second in Sunline Vase. Racing well prior and will get a super run from the drawNext Best2 Loire F: 01232B(14) W(56.5)( J- Vinnie Colgan )1000 Guineas winner who has been good in the Fillies races since. Building to today.Include in Multis4 Communique F: 31481B(7) W(56.5)Very smart winning Sunline Vase. Distance is my concern but Grylls had the choice of her and Karalino.Longer Odds5 Bergamot F: 15274B(1) W(56.5)Top second in Royal Stakes three back. Good at Taranaki and good in Sunline. Odds runner
RemarksToday’s feature with 18 runners but our top pick is a class above
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 1.70Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 15 $ 10.00Place3 8 $ 7.80Quinella 1:15 $ 73.30Trifecta 1:15:8 $ 2633.90First4 1:15:8:7 $ 29621.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - FUSION ELECTRICAL PREMIERTime: 5:00 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Semper Magico F: 91732B(6) W(58.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Mark Oulaghan )PlacedDividend : $2.60Unlucky not too win last start. Good run prior and looks good each way value.Main Danger4 Bruno Magile F: 24414B(9) W(58.5)( T- Rochelle Lockett )WonDividends : $12.20 $3.70Nice winning two back. Went very well last start and should run well.Next Best9 Fiano F: 41274B(8) W(57)( T- Sylvia Kay )Lightly race mare with plenty of talent. Has been freshened since last racing.Include in Multis3 Hot Spring Project F: 31B(4) W(58.5)( J- Leith Innes )PlacedDividend : $1.60Good winning maiden last start. Should take improvement from that.Longer Odds5 Outthegate F: X2572B(3) W(58.5)( T- Suzy Gordon )Racing well. Blinkers go on which could prove to be the winning move.
RemarksHard race to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 12.20Place1 4 $ 3.70Place2 6 $ 2.60Place3 3 $ 1.60Quinella 4:6 $ 38.70Trifecta 4:6:3 $ 310.40First4 4:6:3:13 $ 5600.20Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 5, 6, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%