Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - CROWN PROSECUTOR CUPTime: 12:20 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Burgundy Belle F: 1153B(3) W(56.5)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $2.50 $1.20Very good filly who has won 2 from 4. Hasn’t been beaten far in very good fields. Has won on heavy when killing her rivals. Looks the one to beat.Main Danger5 Platinum Rapper F: X1545B(6) W(56.5)PlacedDividend : $1.70Loves mud this filly and gets it today. Been racing well in Stakes grade at Riccarton, been freshened and top 3 finish is expected today.Next Best1 Satu Lagi F: 51641B(1) W(59.5)( T- Patrick Campbell )PlacedDividend : $1.40Won very well last start. All his form comes on firm surfaces but if he handles the track. Got the ability to run well in this.Include in Multis2 Lincoln Sky F: 51326B(8) W(57.5)Good 3 year old. Only win came on a testing track and may handle this. Form after win was solid with two good placing during Wellington Cup week and sixth in Waikato GuineasLonger Odds8 Floral Belt F: 51288B(5) W(55.5)( T- Kevin Gray )Been racing very consistently this season and looks the value runner in this.
RemarksFirst of the day of salute to the stars, a concept that Wellington Racing Club do once a year to celebrate this seasons stars
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.50Place1 4 $ 1.20Place2 5 $ 1.70Place3 1 $ 1.40Quinella 4:5 $ 6.40Trifecta 4:5:1 $ 30.80First4 4:5:1:2 $ 74.40Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - SAMPSON CUPTime: 12:55 | Distance: 2200m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Toms F: 83314B(4) W(54)( T- D & E Haworth )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.70Strong win in Waipukurau Cup. Got home very well late last week. Brings some good form.Main Danger1 Balham F: 42906B(5) W(59.5)( T- D & E Haworth )Good run in Hawke’s Bay Cup. Form on heavy is mixed but a chance in this.Next Best2 Strolling Vagabond F: 7XL78B(1) W(58.5)( T- Gerald Innes )Was in good form last winter. Hasn’t been at her best this prep but may of needed them. Now fourth up she may bring her best and she always try’s very hard.Longer Odds4 Trisha Lea F: 40X00B(2) W(57.5)( T- Kylie Little )Last winter this mare was in very good form. Has been poor so far this prep but back on a testing Wellington heavy a win would not surprise.
RemarksVery even market this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 3.00Place1 7 $ 1.70Place2 3 $ 3.10Quinella 3:7 $ 9.40Trifecta 7:3:2 $ 50.30First4 7:3:2:4 $ 121.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - EMILY MARGARET CUPTime: 1:30 | Distance: 1000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Skarloey F: 1833XB(10) W(58.5)( T- Colin Cromarty )First up after a quiet trial. Loves the track Slow or Heavy and showed a lot of potential last prep.Main Danger11 Stylish Suggestion F: 14XB(4) W(57)( T- Stephen Marsh )Stephen Marsh brings this mare a long way not to get a result. Trial was ok and her breeding suggest she will handle the track.Next Best1 Desert Magic F: 531B(3) W(59)( T- Mike Breslin )PlacedDividend : $2.30Progressive type that won well last time at Awapuni on a dead track. Has to be consideredInclude in Multis10 Miss Lizzie F: 549X6B(12) W(57)( T- Anna Clement )PlacedDividend : $2.90Consistent mare who is never far away without winning. She went good fresh up and the 5 furlongs at Wellington will suit.Longer Odds15 Play The Field F: 0448XB(2) W(55)( T- Suzy Gordon )Went some good races in the winter including the Taranaki winter challenge for third. Trial was good and a bold fresh up run at odds is expected
RemarksWill be a good betting race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 13.80Place1 5 $ 3.80Place2 1 $ 2.30Place3 10 $ 2.90Quinella 1:5 $ 33.90Trifecta 5:1:10 $ 929.50First4 5:1:10:6 $ 1772.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 10, 11, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - YOURDEEL CHRIS RUTTEN BLOODSTOCK CUP MDNTime: 2:05 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Booty Lara F: 696X2B(3) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Ilone Kelly )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.70A nice 3 year old filly who was good first up and going one better would not surpriseMain Danger3 La Turque F: 735X2B(5) W(56.5)Went good first up when run down late. This looks a very winnable race. Tends to run out when out under pressure which has cost her a win in the past but does have abilityNext Best5 Je Suis Tiger F: 43B(8) W(56.5)( J- Tegan Newman )( T- Gary Hennessy )PlacedDividend : $1.80Been well backed first two starts. Been money on her and they believe she will like the track in this condition.Include in Multis2 Whowouldknow F: 64763B(1) W(58.5)( T- Kate Hercock )Improved effort last start. Will go forward and could be hard to go past.Longer Odds6 Polizzi F: 8265XB(4) W(56.5)( T- Kate Hercock )Raced well last campaign. A bold run today would not surprise
RemarksPlenty of chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 4.30Place1 4 $ 1.70Place2 5 $ 1.80Place3 9 $ 6.10Quinella 4:5 $ 8.10Trifecta 4:5:9 $ 220.20First4 4:5:9:3 $ 1107.00Double 5/4 $ 56.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - ENZO'S LAD CUPTime: 2:40 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 London Express F: X250XB(8) W(54)( T- Allan Sharrock )WonDividends : $3.90 $1.60Trialled up well. Showed heaps of ability last 12 months winning the Castletown and placing in other Stakes races. Be very fit for this and comes into with no weight.Main Danger1 King Cougar F: 1273XB(9) W(60)( T- Mike Breslin )PlacedDividend : $1.40Talented galloper who jumpout at Levin was good. Sam knows the horse well after two rides on him. Will love the track conditions today.Next Best2 Casaquinman F: 58452B(6) W(59.5)Went a good race last start. Love the heavy track and capable of winning this.Include in Multis6 Solmization F: 782X8B(4) W(55)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Danny Walker )Ordinary first up but loves the tracks heavy. Can bleed but on his best will run well.Longer Odds9 Just You F: 1299XB(3) W(54)( J- Chris Johnson )May need a run. But likes heavy ground and 1200m. Can run well today.
RemarksOne of the exciting races of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 3.90Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 1 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 1:8 $ 6.10Trifecta 8:1:3 $ 90.80First4 8:1:3:2 $ 272.40
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) King Cougar(2) Casaquinman (8) London ExpressR6 (2) Bring To The Block(3) Rayas (10) Charlie Horse (14) Midnight Story (15) Qian GuaR7 (7) Shez EkstraR8 (1) Whatsup(2) Collinstreet (3) Proletariat (4) Thee Old Cougar (12) So It WasQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - MELODY BELLE CUPTime: 3:14 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick15 Qian Gua F: 285X2B(3) W(58.5)( T- Jamie Richards )Just missed fresh up. Won’t need to improve much to win this and won only start on heavy.Main Danger14 Midnight Story F: 614X3B(13) W(55.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Trudy Keegan )WonDividends : $8.50 $3.00Trialled up very well and then ran a top race fresh up. Question mark on heavy but if she gets through it can figure in finishNext Best10 Charlie Horse F: 237X8B(4) W(56.5)( T- Stacey Dougan )PlacedDividend : $2.50Capable heavy track galloper who will be fitter for the first up run. Capable of figuring in finish with many questionable on heavy ground.Include in Multis2 Bring To The Block F: 70667B(12) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $3.10Capable mare who has been racing ordinary lately. Will like the track and an improved performance to expected today.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'3 Rayas F: 090X9B(8) W(58.5)Finally this mare back on heavy track. Been waiting for this mare to get back on heavy ground. Her form isn’t good but talented on her day.
RemarksSome good value in this leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 8.50Place1 14 $ 3.00Place2 2 $ 3.10Place3 10 $ 2.50Quinella 2:14 $ 50.80Trifecta 14:2:10 $ 600.00First4 14:2:10:5 $ 3136.00Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 10, 14, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - NICOLETTA CUP MDNTime: 3:49 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top Pick7 Shez Ekstra F: 45725B(9) W(56.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )WonDividends : $2.30 $1.40Talented filly who was good in Stakes race in early spring. Will handle the track and today looks the dayMain Danger13 Relda F: 9374B(8) W(56.5)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Sylvia Kay )PlacedDividend : $2.10Freshened after a good first prep. Will like this track and capable of winning thisNext Best8 Blue Rata Anna F: 40433B(3) W(56.5)( T- Trudy Keegan )Been racing very well. Looks well place here and a win is not far away.Include in Multis9 Reliably Perky F: 930X9B(10) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Grant Nicholson )Run some good races last winter. Had a run to fit for this.Longer Odds15 John Joe F:B(1) W(58.5)( J- Anna Jones )( T- Eddie Carson )Has been good at jumpouts. Home track and bred to handle the track.
RemarksLooks the hardest race of the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.30Place1 7 $ 1.40Place2 13 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 3.90Quinella 7:13 $ 6.10Trifecta 7:13:4 $ 94.20First4 7:13:4:10 $ 469.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's7, 8, 9, 13, 15RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - SHADOWS CAST CUPTime: 4:24 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Whatsup F: 86F15B(7) W(60)( T- Kevin Gray )WonDividends : $4.90 $1.80Good trial before a win at big odds was a good effort and has been good on heavy ground in the past. Looks the one to beatMain Danger3 Proletariat F: 2X5X1B(2) W(59)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Ashley Meadows )Good winner when our best each way last time. Has raced well on slow and heavy tracks. Can win the last.Next Best2 Collinstreet F: 65256B(5) W(59)( J- Robert Hannam )( T- Allan Sharrock )PlacedDividend : $1.80Form on Heavy has been ordinary but won jumpout easy on heavy. Good on his day but can mix form.Include in Multis4 Thee Old Cougar F: 1X880B(8) W(58)( T- Stephen Marsh )Stephen Marsh been confident of a winning performance today. Form has been poor but may bring her best on these track conditionsLonger Odds12 So It Was F: 459X4B(3) W(56)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Gene Andrew )Good fourth when on debut for this stable. Going well since and should handle the track. Can win at each way odds
RemarksTough way to end the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.90Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 2 $ 1.80Place3 10 $ 4.10Quinella 1:2 $ 11.30Trifecta 1:2:10 $ 259.90First4 1:2:10:4 $ 838.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%