Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PGG WRIGHTSON 1300Time: 1:10 | Distance: 1300m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Willpower F: 8X125B(3) W(58.5)Owns ability and it showed that when winning fresh up. Staying steady in the betting and that's a good sign.Main Danger1 Stand Tall F: 51644B(4) W(59.5)( J- Ashvin Goindasamy )( T- Ralph Manning )Did it nicely four back and it gets some weight off its back. Looks set to win again and it doesn't get a better chance.Next Best5 Maria Dior F: 87255B(2) W(56.5)( T- Patrick Campbell )WonDividends : $4.20 $2.00Capable on its day and it just needs a confidence boost. Finds a winnable race and it has been the best-backed runner.Include in Multis3 Desert Magic F: 77145B(5) W(59)( J- Rosie Myers )PlacedDividend : $1.60Has been well backed and was a recent winner. Gets every chance to win this race.Longer Odds7 Mighty Colombo F: 0X970B(1) W(54)( J- Ryoya Kozaki )( T- Cindy Mortimer )Upsets can happen in these small fields.
RemarksSmall field with a competitive market
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 4.20Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 1.60Quinella 3:5 $ 6.70Trifecta 5:3:4 $ 28.30First4 5:3:4:7 $ 165.00Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - WAIROA STUD BREEDERS 1200 MAIDENTime: 1:45 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'2 Motley Crue F: 32242B(4) W(58)WonDividends : $1.60 $1.10Finding it tough to win a race but went close last time out. Looks to have more than enough ability to break maidens.Main Danger5 Irish Heart F: 24X24B(2) W(56.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )From the hot stable and it looked good when running second fresh up. Won't take long to break through and that could come here.Next Best3 Baby Shark F: 5B(3) W(58)Got left flat-footed a touch on debut. It's only going to improve with the run and there has been specking for it. Goes close.Include in Multis6 Glorious Missile F: 85XB(1) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $2.30Better when fifth last start and it gets the inside draw. It could control the pace from there and be right around the mark.Longer Odds7 Masarova F: X6895B(5) W(56.5)( J- Rahul Beemud )Drops right down in weight and it could add some spice to multiples.
RemarksLooks an even betting field on paper
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.60Place1 2 $ 1.10Place2 4 $ 3.20Place3 6 $ 2.30Quinella 2:4 $ 12.30Trifecta 2:4:6 $ 93.30First4 2:4:6:5 $ 437.60Double 5/2+ $ 6.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - BAY FORD 1200Time: 2:20 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Enduring Love F: 53421B(8) W(56.5)Broke through for the overdue win last time out. Just needs some luck from the draw and the odds on offer are generous.Main Danger9 On Show F: 60427B(3) W(55.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- John Bary )PlacedDividend : $1.40Handy effort when second last start. Didn't fire last time out but it's better than what it showed. A return to form looks likely.Next Best2 Deshi F: 6X271B(6) W(59)( J- Elen Nicholas )( T- C & S Phelan )Drops down 4kg with the claimer riding. Looks good enough to go back-to-back and punters are getting generous odds once again.Include in Multis7 Ristretto F:B(10)Getting close to a win and it wouldn't be a surprise here. Wouldn't have to improve much to win.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'1 Ottavio F: 67346B(9) W(59.5)WonDividends : $9.20 $2.60Experienced customer that is still ticking along nicely.
RemarksEach-way odds throughout this race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 9.20Place1 1 $ 2.60Place2 9 $ 1.40Place3 10 $ 5.80Quinella 1:9 $ 13.00Trifecta 1:9:10 $ 532.80First4 1:9:10:2 $ 2730.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 7, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - KENILWORTH PLUMBING 1400 MAIDENTime: 2:55 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Dedoje F: 23B(9) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.60Two starts for two placings. Nothing wrong with that form coming into this. Punters are getting decent odds considering.Main Danger11 Manhattan Girl F: 03XB(7) W(56)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- John Bary )Much better run when third last start after running poorly on debut. Returns from a spell and it should be ready to fire.Next Best12 Vicenza F: 8X45B(1) W(56)WonDividends : $4.40 $2.00Won't have to do much work off the inside barrier. Hasn't been too far away this season and it looks a winning chance. Each-way odds available.Include in Multis9 Fur F: 5B(8) W(56.5)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Ran fairly on debut and punters should expect improvement. Has more promise than many here so it should go close.Longer Odds8 Laureate F: 5668B(11) W(58)PlacedDividend : $4.50Could run well at outside odds.
RemarksPlenty of value throughout this field
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 4.40Place1 12 $ 2.00Place2 3 $ 1.60Place3 8 $ 4.50Quinella 3:12 $ 6.70Trifecta 12:3:8 $ 127.40First4 12:3:8:6 $ 2492.00Double 1/12 $ 45.50Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 8, 9, 11, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - BESPOAK KITCHENS 1400Time: 3:29 | Distance: 1400m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 King's Capital F: 1B(2) W(58.5)( T- Mark Forbes )PlacedDividend : $1.60Looked the goods when winning on debut. Has plenty of potential and we're expecting solid money to come its way. Top chance.Main Danger1 He's Done A Runner F: X1252B(5) W(60)Almost got the chocolates last time out. Big weight to carry but it should be right around the mark. Has been specked in betting.Next Best8 La Landonne F: 37972B(6) W(56)( T- Shane Brown )PlacedDividend : $1.50Finding it tough to win a race but it put the writing on the wall when second last start. Worth including as a win chance.Include in Multis2 Up 'n' Gone F: X4983B(1) W(59)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Toby Autridge )WonDividends : $8.00 $1.90Last start placing holds it in good stead for this run. Gets the inside draw and some weight off its back. Won't be far off them.Longer Odds5 Red Jakkal F: 15X97B(9) W(58)( J- Chelsea Burdan )Handy on its day so include.
RemarksOne of the better fields of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 8.00Place1 2 $ 1.90Place2 8 $ 1.50Place3 3 $ 1.60Quinella 2:8 $ 12.00Trifecta 2:8:3 $ 121.20First4 2:8:3:1 $ 286.60Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) He's Done A Runner(3) King's CapitalR6 (1) Big Mike(2) Overtheriver (3) Mongolianconqueror (4) Roll The GoldR7 (1) Piping Hot(2) Son Of Anna Kay (6) DetonateR8 (4) Uncle Bro(5) Capellani (6) Not Usual HeavenQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 5, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - WAIROA BUSINESS SUPPORTERS CUP TRIALTime: 4:04 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Mongolianconqueror F: 68436B(1) W(54.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Form doesn't appear to be very good, but it's better than advertised. 54.5kg on the back helps and it could show a good turn-of-foot.Main Danger2 Overtheriver F: 76220B(7) W(59.5)( J- Sarah Macnab )Needs to turnaround its last start failure. 2kg coming off the back and its form could improve. Looked better when placing earlier this season.Next Best1 Big Mike F: 09X08B(2) W(60)( J- Elen Nicholas )( T- C & S Phelan )WonDividends : $4.80 $1.80Has the most ability and it needed both runs back from a spell. Can roll along in front and give them all something to catch. Chance.Include in Multis4 Roll The Gold F: 31662B(3) W(54)( J- Jasmine Fawcett )( T- Gary Hennessy )PlacedDividend : $1.50Another runner that likes to ride the speed. Gets every chance with a light weight and the small field helps.Longer Odds6 Hattie Bee F: 62417B(8) W(54)Enigmatic type but it has enough ability to score the upset win.
RemarksThe form out of this race will stack up nicely
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.80Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 1.30Place3 4 $ 1.50Quinella 1:3 $ 8.50Trifecta 1:3:4 $ 54.50First4 1:3:4:7 $ 280.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - K9 PETFOODS 1900 MAIDENTime: 4:39 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Piping Hot F: 54432B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $2.10 $1.40Backed to win last start and didn't lose too many admirers with the run for second. Deserves a winning turn and it doesn't get a better chance to score.Main Danger2 Son Of Anna Kay F: X0724B(7) W(58.5)Good second placing two back and it was battling away nicely last start. Each-way odds available here.Next Best6 Detonate F: 03325B(8) W(56.5)( J- Tony Allan )( T- Harry Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.60Only needs to find a half-length to be competitive here. Likes to sit just off the pace and make its run around the turn. Chance with luck.Include in Multis10 Miss Fendt F: X7697B(4) W(56)( J- Rosie Myers )Money has come for it and that's a good sign. Watch for any late betting moves as they could be telling.Longer Odds7 Global Diamond F: 37776B(10) W(56.5)Worth sticking with at the odds.
RemarksMost of the money at the top of the book
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 2.10Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 6 $ 1.60Place3 3 $ 2.70Quinella 1:6 $ 5.90Trifecta 1:6:3 $ 43.20First4 1:6:3:10 $ 223.40
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - VISTA MOTOR LODGE 1900Time: 5:14 | Distance: 1900m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Uncle Bro F: 06322B(7) W(59)( T- Lowry/Cullen )Getting close to a win after posting three consecutive placings. Has put the writing on the wall its last couple and we're expecting another top effort.Main Danger6 Not Usual Heaven F: 00971B(3) W(58.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )Turned around some fairly average form with a last-start win. Might be able to continue on with that form now. Chance.Next Best5 Capellani F: 54471B(1) W(58.5)Drawn to get a good run from the inside barrier and it's another last-start winner with claims. Could offer punters with value.Include in Multis9 Prince Turbo F: 95295B(5) W(56.5)Not the easiest horse to follow but there has been good specking in the market. That's a good sign and it represents value.Longer Odds7 Pondering F: 44241B(4) W(58.5)Last start winner which could win again.
RemarksCompetitive field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 5.80Place1 5 $ 2.00Place2 8 $ 3.10Place3 2 $ 2.70Place6 1,9+,10/3+,8,12/2,3,8/1,3,4+/1+,3,6/2,5,8 $ 34.90Quinella 5:8 $ 41.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%