Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - PALAMOUNTAINS NUTRITION OPN STPL 4100Time: 11:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Mandalay F: 5B214B(6) W(64.5)( J- Aaron Kuru )PlacedDividend : $1.30She won her maiden steeple well. Comes in well at the weights and could start the day off well.Main Danger1 Old Countess F: 54166B(1) W(67.5)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- P & J Brosnan )WonDividends : $4.10 $1.40Won here before tackling the Pakuranga and Great Northern. This is easier and very capable of taking this outNext Best4 Mesmerize F: 52352B(8) W(65)PlacedDividend : $1.50Professional placegetter. Placed at Ellerslie and should run a good race hereInclude in Multis9 Tittletattle F: 2F3P4B(2) W(63)( J- Elen Nicholas )( T- Dean Cunningham )Making steeple debut. Has shown nice hurdle form to race well hereLonger Odds2 I've Got This F: 07P4PB(4) W(66.5)Was travelling good until the hill last time. Has won here this season and the track conditions should be fine.
RemarksSteeplechase race to start the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.10Place1 1 $ 1.40Place2 4 $ 1.50Place3 8 $ 1.30Quinella 1:4 $ 8.50Trifecta 1:4:8 $ 30.80First4 1:4:8:3 $ 107.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - PRO POWDER COATING OPN HDL 3000Time: 12:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'1 Zentangle F: 12142B(4) W(72.5)( J- B Thomas-Rantall )WonDividends : $4.00 $1.30Won 5 over the sticks. Will lead or be handy and ran a good second on Sunday. Looks the one to beat.Main Danger2 King Oberon F: 7123PB(3) W(66.5)PlacedDividend : $1.50Has shown promise over the sticks in 4 starts. Found the Great Northern too far last start and back in easier company.Next Best3 Napoleon F: 114P6B(9) W(66.5)( J- Elen Nicholas )Has been good over the steeples of late but was good in hurdle starts. Has been freshened and capable of running well.Include in Multis8 Centre Attention F: 0X364B(2) W(65)( T- Gerald Innes )Been racing well on the flat and making hurdle debut. Shaun has been doing the schooling and he sticks with him.Longer Odds4 Handsome Blue F: 73510B(6) W(65)( J- Toni Moki )( T- Jo Rathbone )PlacedDividend : $4.40Has had a couple of hurdle starts in career. Has plenty of ability over the jumps and could show it here at odds.
RemarksOne of two hurdle races on the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.00Place1 1 $ 1.30Place2 2 $ 1.50Place3 4 $ 4.40Quinella 1:2 $ 4.60Trifecta 1:2:4 $ 93.70First4 1:2:4:9 $ 551.10Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CLASS CARPENTRY OPN HDL 3000Time: 12:57 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Revolution F: 80316B(4) W(66.5)( J- Aaron Kuru )( T- Nelson/McDougal )Front going front runner who has a high cruising speed. Won maiden by more than 14 lengths.Main Danger1 Guy Fox F: 02136B(2) W(69.5)( J- Kayla Veenendaal )Won the Sydenham before a good third in the Grand National. Had a run on Sunday to fittenNext Best7 Hamiltonian F: 74436B(7) W(65)( T- Wayne Marshment )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.30Has ability on the flat. Having jumps debut but can jump.Include in Multis8 Kion F: 23P76B(3) W(65)PlacedDividend : $2.20Has been disappointing over sticks but can run a good race todayLonger Odds5 Redesdale F: 00560B(1) W(65)( J- Buddy Lammas )( T- Kimberly Hampton )Ok in jumps debut and could be the improver on that
RemarksThe last jump race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.30Place1 7 $ 1.30Place2 8 $ 2.20Place3 9 $ 3.80Quinella 7:8 $ 18.50Trifecta 7:8:9 $ 266.90First4 7:8:9:3 $ 1072.60
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 5, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - WANGANUI GREYHOUND RACING CLUB MDN 1200Time: 1:32 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Capital Gains F: 53B(9) W(56)( T- Bill Thurlow )Good run last start making nice ground late. Should get a good run and looks a very good chance.Main Danger4 Nubian Smile F: 55X33B(11) W(56.5)( T- Wayne Jones )WonDividends : $5.10 $1.90Both runs this prep good. Should get through the ground and if Lisa can find a good run from the gate capable of going close.Next Best5 Sassenach F: 77X45B(13) W(56.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- A Brown )Good trial and both runs this prep good. Going well but the wide gate will go back and be making her best ground late.Include in Multis13 Queen Kamada F:B(8) W(54)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Anne Herbert )Very good winning her first trial. She was nice enough in her next and capable of a bold debut.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'11 Boston Strong Boy F: 4B(4) W(56)( J- Timothy Johnson )( T- Nicola Marshall )Looked hard to beat first start off a nice trial. Greenest or the track was too play that day not sure. Giving another chance on a Dead 6.
RemarksPlenty of live chances here
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 5.10Place1 4 $ 1.90Place2 14 $ 9.10Place3 1 $ 4.40Quinella 4:14 $ 94.90Trifecta 4:14:1 $ 2478.70First4 4:14:1:6 $ 4479.00
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's4, 5, 9, 11, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - DERRYN @ GRANGEWILLIAM STUD 1200Time: 2:05 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Whata Red Prince F: 451B(8) W(59)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Fraser Auret )PlacedDividend : $2.10Showed ability last prep and was very good winning at the trials looks set to go through the grades and will be hard to beat todayMain Danger5 Coventina Bay F: 15XB(2) W(57)( T- Robbie Patterson )WonDividends : $2.70 $1.60Got heaps of ability in her first prep. First up without a trial but has the ability to win.Next Best4 Chosen Peak F: 21353B(11) W(57)( J- Ryan Elliot )Been very consistent this prep never running a bad race. Got home well last time and can run a bold race hereInclude in Multis1 Hundyamonth F: 180X0B(9) W(60)( T- J J Rayner )Trial was massive behind Wyndspelle. Tackled a hard race fresh up. Back in grade and 3kg claim with Ashvin on.Longer Odds7 Francescana F: X15X7B(5) W(56.5)( T- Chris Turner )Trialled well before a fair fresh up run. Capable of improving off that
RemarksSome good value with my top pick
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.70Place1 5 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 3.10Quinella 3:5 $ 12.60Trifecta 5:3:2 $ 135.90First4 5:3:2:4 $ 646.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - NZB INSURANCE PEARL SERIES RACETime: 2:40 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Meila Rei F: X5292B(1) W(57.5)( J- Dylan Turner )( T- Bryce Revell )Good second placings in the last three runs. Looks well placed to win.Main Danger7 Miss Woburn F:B(4) W(57.5)( T- Fraser Auret )WonDividends : $4.30 $1.90Making debut off a nice trial win. Will need to improve off that but will make a bold debut.Next Best5 Rox F: 53B(13) W(57.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Sandie Cookson )PlacedDividend : $2.30Improving off every run has a wide gate but will be another good effort.Include in Multis6 Sequoia Dawn F: 35B(10) W(57.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Jane Davidson )Good debut before a nice run on Saturday. 1600m suits but the quick back up is a question markLonger Odds3 Great North Road F: 03772B(2) W(57.5)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Andrew Parkes )Much better run over 1600m last time. Odds runner who enjoys the distance.
RemarksFirst leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 4.30Place1 7 $ 1.90Place2 5 $ 2.30Place3 11 $ 7.20Quinella 5:7 $ 12.50Trifecta 7:5:11 $ 413.80First4 7:5:11:6 $ 2882.20Treble 4/5+/7+ $ 109.20
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR6 (1) Meila Rei(7) Miss WoburnR7 (3) Duplicity(4) Cutting Up RoughR8 (2) Cornerstone(3) Veracious (10) ReldaR9 (2) Monkey Town(5) Password (10) Eight MileQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 6, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - JOLT COFFEE HOUSE 1600Time: 3:17 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'4 Cutting Up Rough F: 536X6B(7) W(57.5)( T- Ralph Manning )WonDividends : $6.10 $2.00Loves the mile. Listed placed last prep behind Rock On Wood. Had a run to fitten and looks hard to beat.Main Danger3 Duplicity F: 870X5B(3) W(60)( J- Chelsea Burdan )( T- Ashley Meadows )Quality stayer who was very good fresh up. Will improve second up and wouldn't surprise if he wonNext Best1 Sergeant Blast F: 4454XB(4) W(61)( T- Sam Lennox )Ran some nice races without winning last prep. Trialled nicely leading into this and could run well.Include in Multis7 Happy Star F: 11241B(6) W(55)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- Benner/Wynyard )PlacedDividend : $1.80In great form on real winter tracks. Looks to have ability but never performed on anything better than heavy.Longer Odds10 Brother One F: 94791B(9) W(54)( J- Leah Hemi )( T- Karen Buttimore )Won an open handicap well here. Track specialist and could run a bold race
RemarksQuality midweek race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 6.10Place1 4 $ 2.00Place2 7 $ 1.80Place3 8 $ 3.10Quinella 4:7 $ 14.70Trifecta 4:7:8 $ 294.30First4 4:7:8:11 $ 1374.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 4, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - CARPET MAINTENANCE & CLEANING 2040Time: 3:52 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Cornerstone F: 4X003B(5) W(59.5)( T- Gary Vile )Very good run on Saturday. Not the strongest field and if he repeats that run can win.Main Danger3 Veracious F: 58269B(8) W(58)( T- Deborah Parry )Been racing well lately. Suited by the improving track and if she handles the quick back up should race well.Next Best10 Relda F: 42452B(2) W(55)( T- Sylvia Kay )Still a maidener but going well. Suited by weight, draw and distance and could break maidens hereInclude in Multis7 Dignify F: X9X05B(6) W(56)( J- Darryl Bradley )( T- Geoff Humphries )Good run last start and could go another top race from near the speed.Longer Odds6 Em Kay Pops F: 70278B(7) W(56.5)( J- Mereana Hudson )( T- Frank Stammers )Good second three runs back. Next two have had merit and could be the odds runner
RemarksTop pick backing up from Saturday
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 30.40Place1 5 $ 7.60Place2 4 $ 3.30Place3 9 $ 3.70Quinella 4:5 $ 149.20Trifecta 5:4:9 $ 3835.70First4 5:4:9:3 $ 7560.10
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 9 - WANGANUI TROTTING CLUB RACING 10 MARCH 2020 MDNTime: 4:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Password F: 5X46B(8) W(58.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Harvey Wilson )All three runs have been good in career. If he gets more luck than last start should be hard to beat.Main Danger2 Monkey Town F: X3274B(11) W(58.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Gene Andrew )Been going well enough and the extra distance suits here. Go forward horse who could still be a good chance hereNext Best10 Eight Mile F: 48003B(13) W(56.5)( J- Holly Andrew )( T- Tara Fisher )PlacedDividend : $1.80Much better run last time and if she repeats that she will go a nice race here.Include in Multis7 Wordz F: 656B(3) W(58.5)( J- Darryl Bradley )Disappointing last start but is better suited to the firmer track and a good run is expected.Longer Odds3 Master Black Jack F: 76403B(4) W(58.5)( T- Paul Pascoe )PlacedDividend : $3.90Nice run over 1600m last start. Extra distance suits and could run well for our longer odds punters
RemarksFinal race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 9.60Place1 4 $ 2.50Place2 3 $ 3.90Place3 10 $ 1.80Quinella 3:4 $ 54.10Trifecta 4:3:10 $ 690.80First4 4:3:10:15 $ 20657.10Double 5/4 $ 147.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 7, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%