Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - KEN DUNCAN RACING MAIDEN HURDLE 3000Time: 12:25 | Distance: 3000m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Class Above F: 0X011B(2) W(68)Odds-on favourite after posting back-to-back wins coming into this. Looks to have the class edge over this field.Main Danger7 Ave Maria F: 228X3B(5) W(66)WonDividends : $2.90 $1.50Can't seemingly find a winnable race so they're reverting to the hurdles now. That could be the turning point for the talented type.Next Best2 Mesmerize F: 2285XB(1) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )PlacedDividend : $2.10Fresh up and faces a tough field here. Gets an easy run from the inside draw and it could lob into a nice position.Include in Multis8 Medini F: 0X897B(6) W(66)Form is average but the hurdles might switch it on. Chance based on that but this is a tricky field.Longer Odds6 Mandalay F: F586XB(8) W(66)( J- Toni Moki )From a good jumping stable and it could add some value.
RemarksMarket dominated by the aptly-named Class Above
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 2.90Place1 7 $ 1.50Place2 2 $ 2.10Quinella 2:7 $ 9.40Trifecta 7:2:1 $ 21.30First4 7:2:1:4 $ 110.10Double 7/1 $ 9.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - LOWE SCHOLLUM JONES OPEN HURDLE 3000Time: 1:00 | Distance: 3000m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Guy Fox F: 7X722B(5) W(66.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Knocking on the door after consecutive second placings. Fought well to the line last start and anything close should see it going close.Main Danger5 Napoleon F: 2705XB(1) W(65)A winner of only three races but there have been some good bets placed. Drawn well and it won't take long to find form again.Next Best1 It's A Wonder F: 44X76B(3) W(68)( J- Shaun Phelan )( T- Harvey Wilson )WonDividends : $3.80 $1.90Has had two starts this campaign and they were nice hit outs for this. Small field should suit for this runner which likes to settle close.Include in Multis6 Suffice To Say F: 00316B(2) W(65)Recent winner and that form could be good enough for this.Longer Odds2 Thatz David F: 69X90B(4) W(67.5)( J- Stephan Karnicnik )( T- Anne Davies )It will go forward and give them something to catch. Always exciting and it could add some value at big odds.
RemarksOnly six in the field but it should be a cracking contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.80Place1 1 $ 1.90Place2 4 $ 1.30Quinella 1:4 $ 4.70Trifecta 1:4:6 $ 26.10First4 1:4:6:5 $ 35.50Double 7/1 $ 9.30Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - CARPET MAINTENANCE & CLEANING OPEN STPL 3800Time: 1:35 | Distance: 3800m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Gagarin F: L6X34B(5) W(66.5)( J- Mathew Gillies )PlacedDividend : $1.40Has had the benefit of two runs this campaign. That could be the difference and it has been one of the better backed runners. Nice hope.Main Danger1 Max F: 1156XB(2) W(72.5)( J- James Seivwright )Carries a hefty weight but deserves to. Has class on its side and it should be around the mark. Has won at this distance in the past.Next Best2 I've Got This F: 3P8X7B(1) W(66.5)WonDividends : $4.30 $1.80Doesn't win all that often but it will get a soft run in transit. Goes best in these conditions and punters will enjoy the each-way odds on offer.Include in Multis4 Highly Likely F: 435X0B(4) W(66.5)Looks well-suited over the jumps. Has good speed on the flat and that could be used to good effect here.Longer Odds5 Who Can Tell F: PF0X8B(3) W(65)Needs to lift to win this but has the potential to cause an upset.
RemarksAnother six-horse field but again, it should be a classic contest
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 4.30Place1 2 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 1.40Quinella 2:3 $ 4.70Trifecta 2:3:4 $ 42.30First4 2:3:4:1 $ 61.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 3, 4, 5RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - G BRISTOL & SONS AMATEUR RIDERS MAIDEN 2060Time: 2:10 | Distance: 2060m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Wicklow F: 6X523B(6) W(68.5)( J- Scott Wenn )( T- John Wheeler )PlacedDividend : $1.30Looks to be nearing a win after two placings coming into this. Has the form on the board and it should be tough to beat.Main Danger12 Acacia F: 2X227B(10) W(66.5)( J- Bailey Rogerson )Solid in the betting markets, which is a good sign. Ran three consecutive second placings and Bailey Rogerson is a capable amateur rider.Next Best4 Kion F: 445XB(9) W(68.5)( J- Emma Quinn )PlacedDividend : $2.00Not too far behind last preparation. Should be better for that experience and we're expecting another tidy effort here.Include in Multis5 Our Legacy F: 78504B(4) W(68.5)( J- Marieke Simons )( T- Marieke Simons )Much better effort when running fourth last start and it could build nicely on that. Chance at a minor upset at double-figure odds.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'8 Invigorate F: 83667B(11) W(68.5)( J- Michelle Northcott )Has shown some ability to date and it has upset claims.
RemarksMore depth to this amateur riders race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 12.40Place1 6 $ 3.00Place2 1 $ 1.30Place3 4 $ 2.00Quinella 1:6 $ 15.40Trifecta 6:1:4 $ 230.20First4 6:1:4:13 $ 4182.00Double 2/6 $ 19.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 8, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - MANAWATU SOUND SERVICE MAIDEN 1200Time: 2:49 | Distance: 1200m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Glorious Ocean F: 42B(6) W(56.5)( T- Stephen Marsh )WonDividends : $2.00 $1.10Much better effort when second last time out. Lisa Allpress rides and it has been heavily-backed throughout the week. Top chance.Main Danger1 King Farouk F:B(7) W(58.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- James Bridge )PlacedDividend : $1.60Has scored two trial wins and there's worse form than that. Drawn out a touch but it will likely go forward and be tough to run down.Next Best4 Divine Wine F: 524B(12) W(56.5)( T- Lisa Latta )PlacedDividend : $2.50Hasn't done much wrong so far and it only needs to get some luck from barrier 13 to run well. Natural improvement is expected.Include in Multis7 Keltic Rockstar F: 47536B(4) W(56.5)( J- Anna Jones )( T- Donald Caskey )Has been specked at each-way odds and that's a good sign. Should be right around the mark in an even field.Longer Odds9 Alpha Kilo F: 48B(2) W(56.5)( T- Sandie Cookson )Expecting a better effort here and it could turn around its form.
RemarksA couple of up-and-coming types in this
ResultsRace DividendsWin 5 $ 2.00Place1 5 $ 1.10Place2 1 $ 1.60Place3 4 $ 2.50Quinella 1:5 $ 3.50Trifecta 5:1:4 $ 24.10First4 5:1:4:14 $ 294.80Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR5 (1) King Farouk(4) Divine Wine (5) Glorious OceanR6 (1) Seaaprince(3) Manolo (5) Miss FreeloveR7 (3) Yes Boy(7) Tipping Point (9) SasanquaR8 (1) Welcome Back(9) Baby FaceQuaddies % to a $20 stake: 55
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 5, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - COMMDIVES NZ MAIDEN 1360Time: 3:24 | Distance: 1360m | Prize $
- Top Pick5 Miss Freelove F: 6X22XB(7) W(56.5)( T- Sandie Cookson )PlacedDividend : $1.40Looked good last campaign with two second placings. Was quickly sent out for a spell and we're expecting it to be right around the mark.Main Danger1 Seaaprince F: 2B(9) W(58.5)( T- Rosie Hackett )WonDividends : $3.50 $1.60Did a nice job on debut and it's only going to benefit from that run. Drawn a touch wide but it should be close to the mark.Next Best3 Manolo F: 640XB(8) W(58.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Alexander Fieldes )PlacedDividend : $2.90Showed some promise when running fourth second up. Failed last time out but it's better than that. Goes into the mix here.Include in Multis9 Freccia D'Oro F: 40B(4) W(56.5)( T- Geoff Georgetti )Might head forward and try lead them a merry chase. Drawn to get a soft run and it could turn around a poor last start effort.Longer Odds12 Kiwi Princess F: 458X8B(11) W(56.5)( J- Madan Singh )( T- Kevin Gray )Gets a 2kg claim and it's paying a nice price. Include.
RemarksGood betting field with many nice chances
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.50Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 1.40Place3 3 $ 2.90Quinella 1:5 $ 4.60Trifecta 1:5:3 $ 57.40First4 1:5:3:8 $ 347.90Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 5, 9, 12RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - JOLT COFFEE HOUSE 1360Time: 3:59 | Distance: 1360m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'3 Yes Boy F: 570X1B(11) W(59)( J- Zinjete Moki )( T- Bill Thurlow )Got the job done nicely last start and it could continue in that vein of form. Gets some weight off its back, which will only help.Main Danger7 Tipping Point F: 4204XB(13) W(57.5)( T- Adrian Bull )Has a good turn-of-foot on its day. Showed some signs of winning last prep and this should be right up its alley.Next Best9 Sasanqua F: 317B(7) W(56.5)( J- Ethan Wright )( T- Benner/Wynyard )PlacedDividend : $2.00Hasn't done much wrong in three starts to date, which included a good win two back. 4kg claim is a big boost and it could go close.Include in Multis13 Tipperary Mary F: 6365XB(8) W(55.5)( T- Jim Wallace )Was just behind the winners last campaign but it could strike fresh up here. Worth including at the odds.Longer Odds4 Grinner F: 3365XB(12) W(58.5)( J- Charlotte O'Beirne )( T- John Wheeler )Owns upset claims when producing its best.
RemarksWide open field with plenty of value on offer
ResultsRace DividendsWin 14 $ 29.50Place1 14 $ 6.70Place2 9 $ 2.00Place3 10 $ 3.90Quinella 9:14 $ 135.60Trifecta 14:9:10 $ 1721.70First4 14:9:10:4 $ 5177.30
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 7, 9, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 8 - RIVER CITY CABS MAIDEN 3YO 1600Time: 4:39 | Distance: 1600m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'9 Baby Face F: 52B(10) W(55.5)( J- Samantha Collett )( T- Stephen Marsh )PlacedDividend : $1.40Went close last start but this looks easier and it could capitalise. Has been well backed and we're not surprised.Main Danger1 Welcome Back F: 3723B(11) W(57.5)( T- Kevin Gray )WonDividends : $6.00 $1.80Having race day experience is big and it has placed in three from four starts. Maiden win won't be too far off.Next Best4 Off Shaw F:B(8) W(57.5)( T- Bill Thurlow )Has looked good at the trials but hasn't found an easy race to kick off proceedings. Should run well despite the lack of experience.Include in Multis10 Maipe F: 07552B(6) W(55.5)( J- Anna Jones )( T- Tracey Preston )Better run last time out and it could add some value here. Include to boost payouts.Longer Odds11 Viva La Platinum F: 46564B(3) W(55.5)( T- Lisa Latta )Can't rule out runners from this stable in this conditions.
RemarksPlenty of money for the favourite
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 6.00Place1 1 $ 1.80Place2 9 $ 1.40Place3 14 $ 6.00Quinella 1:9 $ 5.30Trifecta 1:9:14 $ 321.70First4 1:9:14:3 $ 1939.50Double 14/1 $ 52.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%