Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - RD PETROLEUM/DUNCAN AGRICULTURE MAIDEN 1100Time: 1:45 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick9 Ginny F: 00056B(1) W(55)( T- Terry Kennedy )WonDividends : $3.70 $1.40Both runs last couple have been good in stronger company than today. Although her form is poor I expect her to run a career best run.Main Danger3 Andale Andale F:B(2) W(57)( J- Lee Callaway )( T- White/Callaway )On debut and made good ground in only trial. I expect a bold run on debut.Next Best11 Our Rosette F: 06003B(6) W(55)PlacedDividend : $1.40Much better on New Years Day when third in a Five horse field. Does bring the best form in the raceInclude in Multis2 I'm A Tiger F:B(7) W(58.5)( T- Claire Anderton )On debut. Trialed poor in the north but well supported in the market.Longer Odds10 Mint Julep F: 08B(8) W(55)( J- Corey Campbell )PlacedDividend : $4.70Made decent ground last start and could run well a longer odds.
RemarksBig field to start the day with a lack of form to go with
ResultsRace DividendsWin 9 $ 3.70Place1 9 $ 1.40Place2 11 $ 1.40Place3 10 $ 4.70Quinella 9:11 $ 4.50Trifecta 9:11:10 $ 104.10First4 9:11:10:2 $ 465.50Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 9, 10, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - BREEN CONSTRUCTION/WS HICKEY & SON MAIDEN 1400Time: 2:18 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'4 Buck Shellfish F: 3X022B(7) W(57)( T- Sabin Kirkland )Has ran two top races for second. Chased home Macron well on Boxing Day. Looked hard to beat with the Magic Man up.Main Danger7 Lugano's Ace F: 6X72B(4) W(56.5)( J- Lee Callaway )PlacedDividend : $4.10Just missed last start at Otago. Looks the main danger on that.Next Best1 Hombre F: 252X9B(3) W(58.5)Needed resuming run. Form last campaign was too good to drop just yet.Include in Multis8 Zipitsweetie F: 8B(1) W(55)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Only fair on debut at Kurow but can improve from the experience.Longer Odds6 Love To Dream F: 52642B(5) W(56.5)( J- Corey Campbell )( T- Sally McKay )Never gone a bad race in her 5 starts to date. Good home very well at Ascot last start and should enjoy the Slow 7 track.
RemarksOnly 7 runners but a very good lineup
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 34.90Place1 3 $ 9.40Place2 7 $ 4.10Quinella 3:7 $ 147.10Trifecta 3:7:8 $ 1763.40First4 3:7:8:6 $ 4344.90Double 9/3 $ 99.70
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 4, 6, 7, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - PGG WRIGHTSON/AON INSURANCE HANDICAP 65 1400Time: 2:53 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'1 Milano F: 20561B(7) W(59.5)( T- Jo-Anne Dalton )Had nice form before winning last time at Ascot. No reason why he won’t go back to back.Main Danger2 Deceptio Visus F: X5134B(5) W(59)( J- Jason Laking )PlacedDividend : $2.00On very good form. Will be fitter for fourth on Boxing Day and looks a good chance here.Next Best4 Liam F: 08263B(4) W(58.5)( J- Kavish Chowdhoory )Made nice ground at Kurow when third. Prior to that he went out favourite during Cup Week.Include in Multis8 Rainman F: 1X578B(10) W(57.5)PlacedDividend : $2.50Good fresh up. Struggled since but has a good chance to find his best form.Longer Odds13 Fox In Socks F: 97X30B(9) W(54)( J- Kylie Williams )( T- Anna Hewitson )Good fresh up over 1200. Found 1600 too far. Freshened and back to 1400. Odds chance.
RemarksCompetitive first leg of the quaddie
ResultsRace DividendsWin 11 $ 12.00Place1 11 $ 3.30Place2 2 $ 2.00Place3 8 $ 2.50Quinella 2:11 $ 46.50Trifecta 11:2:8 $ 919.00First4 11:2:8:6 $ 7093.30Treble 9/3/11 $ 2491.30
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR3 (1) Milano(2) Deceptio Visus (4) LiamR4 (4) Killarney(6) Nowhere Man (7) Jim's GiftR5 (6) MetasequoiaR6 (2) Ophir Gold(4) Renounce (8) Jack Be Quick (9) Raise Ya Cards (10) JandlesQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 8, 13RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - ALEXANDRA NEW WORLD CENTRAL OTAGO SUMMER CUPTime: 3:29 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick4 Killarney F: 44042B(3) W(55.5)WonDividends : $2.40 $1.50Looks the class runner. Was well ridden to run second at Timaru. Prior form good and should win this.Main Danger7 Jim's Gift F: X5671B(2) W(54)( T- John Yeo )PlacedDividend : $2.00Looked a mare who would go through the grades last prep. Took a while to find form but won nicely last time might start a good run of form now.Next Best6 Nowhere Man F: 653X6B(1) W(54)Nice effort at Timaru fresh up. Wouldn’t surprise if he got over the top of them.
RemarksFive runners contest the $25,000 feature
ResultsRace DividendsWin 4 $ 2.40Place1 4 $ 1.50Place2 7 $ 2.00Quinella 4:7 $ 4.10Trifecta 4:7:2 $ 27.30First4 4:7:2:6 $ 44.10Double 11/4+ $ 25.20
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - OMAKAU AUTO/MEE FAMILY MEMORIAL 2000Time: 4:04 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick6 Metasequoia F: 76821B(8) W(57.5)Good winner at Timaru. Prior form was good and should be winning thisMain Danger4 Beam Me Up Scotty F: 25338B(3) W(58)( J- Rohan Mudhoo )( T- K & I Taplin )PlacedDividend : $1.80Racing in great form this prep. Better ran that it’s looks at Gore. Prior form good and won’t be far away.Next Best7 Madam De Soir F: 81749B(2) W(55.5)( T- John Phillips )WonDividends : $5.80 $1.80Won nicely four starts back. Went a good race two back and shouldn’t be far away here.Include in Multis3 Baban F: 105X6B(5) W(58)PlacedDividend : $1.90Will be fitter for first up run. Has won this grade and distance before.Longer Odds11 Knutquacker F: 89546B(6) W(54)( T- Ellis Winsloe )Been racing ok over sprint trips. Stepping up to 2000 and could run very well.
RemarksThe fifth race is the penultimate race
ResultsRace DividendsWin 7 $ 5.80Place1 7 $ 1.80Place2 3 $ 1.90Place3 4 $ 1.80Quinella 3:7 $ 16.70Trifecta 7:3:4 $ 117.80First4 7:3:4:11 $ 412.10Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's3, 4, 6, 7, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - RTL MCLAREN/FARMLANDS ALEXANDRA MAIDEN 2000Time: 4:39 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Jack Be Quick F: 553B(4) W(57)WonDividends : $2.60 $1.60Staying horse who has been good in all three runs in career. Lead and was game in defeat at Timaru and looks suited by the distance now.Main Danger9 Raise Ya Cards F: 5X552B(7) W(56.5)( J- Jacob Lowry )( T- B & S Anderton )Has been racing well this prep but was super last time. Now fit and in form she will race well.Next Best10 Jandles F: 25X07B(2) W(56.5)( T- Terry Kennedy )PlacedDividend : $2.30Both runs back had been better than it reads. Was looking for further last prep and gets it today.Include in Multis4 Renounce F: 37498B(11) W(58.5)( T- N & B Blatch )Been racing home over shorter trips. Screamed out for today’s distance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Ophir Gold F: 330B(3) W(58.5)( T- N & B Blatch )Ran two good races in his first two starts. Disappointing last time but stepping up in distance and wouldn’t surprise if he won.
RemarksWide open final race of the day
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 2.60Place1 8 $ 1.60Place2 3 $ 2.50Place3 10 $ 2.30Quinella 3:8 $ 11.20Trifecta 8:3:10 $ 98.70First4 8:3:10:1 $ 1066.70Double 7/8+ $ 16.50
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 4, 8, 9, 10RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%