Best "Each Way"
- Race 1 - GARTSHORE CONSTRUCTION 2100Time: 12:56 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick8 Shocking Penny F: 88573B(3) W(55)( T- M & K Murdoch )PlacedDividend : $2.00Better run for third last start and it could handle this moderate field. Nicely weighted and most of the money has come its way.Main Danger6 Marbuzet F: X6887B(1) W(58.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- TeamRogerson )WonDividends : $5.90 $3.10Doesn't need to improve much to beat this field. Gets every chance off the inside draw and it could ride the speed.Next Best5 Piping Hot F: 5X544B(2) W(58.5)( T- E & D Browne )Yet to be too far away and punters are getting nice odds. Should get a good run in transit and be right there in the finish.Include in Multis3 Prestigious Lad F: 90935B(7) W(58.5)( J- Andrew Calder )( T- Iain Kennedy )Good chance with a slight improvement of form. Chance.Longer OddsThe 'Best Roughie'2 Charred F: 52477B(5) W(58.5)( T- Paul Mirabelli )Finished second earlier this preparation and anything close to that would be good enough. Generous odds on offer.
RemarksFair maiden to kick off the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 6 $ 5.90Place1 6 $ 3.10Place2 8 $ 2.00Quinella 6:8 $ 11.60Trifecta 6:8:5 $ 55.10First4 6:8:5:9 $ 401.70Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 5, 6, 8RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 2 - REAL CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS 2100Time: 1:27 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Robusto F: 32X23B(5) W(58.5)WonDividends : $1.70 $1.20Looks set for a winning run after four consecutive placings. Has more upside than most in this field and the odds should reflect that.Main Danger7 Winklebelle F: 5X720B(1) W(56)( T- Ben Foote )Didn't fire last start but the small field is going to help its chances. Gets the inside draw and value odds are on offer.Next Best3 Apellido F: X8350B(7) W(58.5)( J- Matthew Cameron )Has been running against some tidy fields. Good enough to turn around a poor run last start and score at each-way odds.Include in Multis4 Patsys Lass F: X7941B(4) W(57.5)( J- Rowena Smyth )( T- Eamonn Green )PlacedDividend : $1.80Last-start winner which could remain in that form. The confidence is up now and it has been steady in the betting.Longer Odds5 Motuman F: 007X5B(3) W(57.5)( J- Darren Danis )( T- Wayne Carter )Needed the run last start so consider at odds.
RemarksSmall field but it's a competitive one
ResultsRace DividendsWin 2 $ 1.70Place1 2 $ 1.20Place2 4 $ 1.80Quinella 2:4 $ 3.20Trifecta 2:4:5 $ 27.10First4 2:4:5:8 $ 60.40Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 4, 5, 7RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 3 - TE PUKE AND MOUNT MAUNGANUI NEW WORLD 1300Time: 2:02 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick1 Byzantine F: 05521B(5) W(60)( T- Jamie Richards )WonDividends : $3.20 $1.60Carries the big weight but is in winning form. More than capable of stringing wins together, especially staying in this grade.Main Danger4 Rhaegar F: X4705B(4) W(57)Should find this level of racing right up its alley. Capable type that only needs some luck in running to go close.Next Best6 Savette F: 30654B(2) W(56.5)( J- Chris Dell )( T- Trina Riddell )Overdue a winning turn. Has been running well enough to win of late and it only needs to find a half-length. Chance.Include in Multis2 Roll The Gold F: 5X363B(3) W(58)( T- Gary Hennessy )Good effort last time out and it could build on that. Small field should help its chances.Longer Odds5 Salt Bay F: 9X663B(1) W(56.5)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- Moroney/Gerard )PlacedDividend : $2.60Could score a win after a tidy run for third.
RemarksForm out of this race will stack up well
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 3.20Place1 1 $ 1.60Place2 5 $ 2.60Quinella 1:5 $ 6.90Trifecta 1:5:2 $ 35.60First4 1:5:2:4 $ 85.10Double 2+/1 $ 3.20Trifecta - Selected!First 4 - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 2, 4, 5, 6RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 4 - STE INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICAL 1600Time: 2:37 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Day's Best'3 Not Ideal F: 1B(5) W(58.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Tony Pike )WonDividends : $3.00 $1.30Impressive win on debut at Hastings. Looks a nice type in the making and it's in the right hands. Watch for any late betting movement.Main Danger2 She's Fearless F: X3332B(1) W(58.5)PlacedDividend : $1.30Needs to win a race soon but continues to run competitive races. Won't need to do any work from the draw and it should go close.Next Best6 Caribbean Rose F: 32X13B(4) W(57.5)The pace of the race didn't suit last start but it still battled on nicely. Has plenty of ability and is a live chance.Include in Multis7 In Fashion F: 39X73B(7) W(56)( J- Ryan Elliot )( T- James/Wellwood )PlacedDividend : $2.10Getting better with every run this season. Handy placing last start and punters are getting good odds here.Longer Odds9 Tappy's One F: 9X908B(6) W(56)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Stephen McKee )Good enough to include but it will need to show improvement.
RemarksForm out of this race stacks up nicely this season
ResultsRace DividendsWin 3 $ 3.00Place1 3 $ 1.30Place2 7 $ 2.10Place3 2 $ 1.30Quinella 3:7 $ 18.40Trifecta 3:7:2 $ 73.90First4 3:7:2:8 $ 476.90Treble 2+/1/3+ $ 17.30Quaddie 6/2+/1/3+ $ 123.30Trifecta - Selected!
Betting SuggestionsQuaddiesR4 (2) She's Fearless(3) Not Ideal (6) Caribbean RoseR5 (2) Le CastileR6 (2) Caught The Eye(9) Henley Road (11) SestoR7 (1) Son Of Sasanof(3) Candid Camera (12) Desert Mirage (14) JelinaQuaddies % to a $20 stake:
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 3, 6, 7, 9RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 5 - NEW WORLD SUMMER CUPTime: 3:12 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick2 Le Castile F: 58X44B(3) W(54)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Mark Blackie )Short odds expected and it should be beating this three-horse field. Has good sprinting form and is overdue a win.Main Danger3 Pasabahce F: X0037B(2) W(54)( T- TeamRogerson )Gets in nicely on the weights and it could track the speed and slingshot them late. Chance.Next Best1 On The Rocks F: 7000XB(1) W(61.5)( J- Michael McNab )( T- Moroney/Gerard )WonDividends : $4.20 $0.00The outsiders can get up in these small fields. Consider.
ResultsRace DividendsWin 1 $ 4.20Quinella 1:2 $ 1.90Trifecta 1:2:3 $ 5.10Double 3+/1 $ 8.30Trifecta - Selected!
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF'sInsufficient RunnersRETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 6 - BULK LINES LIMITED 1600Time: 3:47 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top PickThe 'Best Each Way'2 Caught The Eye F: 329X5B(9) W(58.5)( T- Scott Wenn )Fair effort last start and it's only going to improve on that. Just needs some luck from the draw to go close.Main Danger11 Sesto F: 9B(8) W(55)( J- Craig Grylls )( T- Trevor Da Cruz )Didn't fire a shot on debut but should strip fitter for this. There has been steady money placed and that's a good sign.Next Best9 Henley Road F: 76X55B(7) W(56.5)( J- Shaun McKay )( T- Linda Laing )PlacedDividend : $3.30Going well enough this season to warrant attention. Bookies are offering generous odds and they're worth taking.Include in Multis6 Mersey Beat F: 85B(4) W(57)( J- Trudy Thornton )( T- Stephen Ralph )Improved on its debut run when fifth last start. Drawn well and it shouldn't be discounted.Longer Odds5 Paul's Super Ariki F: X5690B(2) W(58.5)( T- Chris Wood )Owns upset claims in an open field.
RemarksOne of the more open fields
ResultsRace DividendsWin 8 $ 2.10Place1 8 $ 1.20Place2 7 $ 5.30Place3 9 $ 3.30Quinella 7:8 $ 36.90Trifecta 8:7:9 $ 250.80First4 8:7:9:6 $ 1064.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's2, 5, 6, 9, 11RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%
- Race 7 - OASIS BAR AND GRILL GREERTON 1400Time: 4:22 | Distance: m | Prize $
- Top Pick3 Candid Camera F:B(12) W(58.5)( J- Sam Spratt )( T- Glenn Old )PlacedDividend : $2.10Does it tough from out wide on debut but the trial form was good. Has been well-backed to win so keep safe.Main Danger1 Son Of Sasanof F: 83B(9) W(58.5)( J- Reese Jones )( T- Jim Collett )Nice effort to run third last start. Much better than its debut run and it could continue to improve. Right in this.Next Best12 Desert Mirage F: 40XB(8) W(55)( T- Clayton Chipperfield )WonDividends : $5.20 $2.10Handy effort on debut before getting tired second up. Better for the spell and it could come back a stronger type.Include in Multis14 Jelina F:B(5) W(55)( T- P & D Williams )Sire is in form and punters are getting good money. Drawn well and we're confident it could produce a nice effort.Longer Odds16 Commotion F:B(2) W(56.5)( J- Sam Weatherley )( T- Ralph Manning )Chance to show up on debut.
RemarksAnother open field to close the card
ResultsRace DividendsWin 12 $ 5.20Place1 12 $ 2.10Place2 3 $ 2.10Place3 4 $ 8.90Quinella 3:12 $ 17.10Trifecta 12:3:4 $ 796.30First4 12:3:4:1 $ 5601.90
Multi'sBoxed Tri's and FF's1, 3, 12, 14, 16RETURNS - $20 STAKEBoxed Trifecta % Bet = 33%Boxed First Four % Bet = 16%